- Operations Team Leader at PA Army National Guard
- Cannon Crewman at PA Army National Guard
- Crew Member/Cashier at McDonald's
- Operation Support for Recruiting and Retention at PA Army National Guard
9 months at this Job
- 80+ Credits - Communications, Leadership, and Criminal Justice
- Certificate - Military Leadership
In lieu of an active principal serves as an instructional team leader overseeing and orchestrating day to day
operations of the school
• Reports directly to the executive director of the school and assists with ensuring compliance, enforcing and implementing school policy and procedures, creating academic calendars, and attending contractor meetings
• Serves as a critical component of the school with both internal & external stakeholders, working actively to ensure strong community buy-in to the school's vision and approach to education
• Create, manage, and evaluate operational processes including scheduling and budgeting to ensure student achievement
• Ensures the school is adhering to all local/state compliance and reporting requirements
• Supports school culture and interventions by engaging parent's and other community members in school and extracurricular activities
- Operations Team Leader at YESPhilly High School
- Special Education Liaison/Lead College Advisor at YESPhilly High School
- Special Education Teacher at One Bright Ray Community High School
- 5th Grade Lead Teacher at BIRNEY PREPATORY ACADEMY
1 year at this Job
- Master of Education - Special Education
- Master of Science - Management
- Bachelor of Science - Management
Responsible for the safe, on time delivery of quality products, productivity improvements, and financial results. Work collaboratively with program management, engineering, materials, and operations teams to ensure customer satisfaction. Directly supervise a team of both salaried and hourly employees, made up of both individual contributors and managers of others. Develop, lead, and motivate a culture of team work, real time problem resolution, and continuous improvement in both shop floor and office arenas. Organize and lead team capacity reviews, sales commits, and production scheduling utilizing Scrum, Tier meetings, Gemba walks, SAP and Solumina. Identify, prioritize, and resolve issues impacting delivery, quality, and inventory through root cause analysis. Participate as an active member of the site ACE Council and project management team. Accomplishments
• Increased financial commit plan vs. actual from 76% to 98% in the first 6 months
• Reduced variation by $13K ITEC program in 3 first months
• Increased On-Time Delivery from 12% to 48% in the first 6months
Responsible for the safe, on time delivery of quality products, productivity improvements, and financial results.
Work collaboratively with program management, engineering, materials, and operations teams to ensure customer satisfaction. Directly supervise a team of both salaried and hourly employees, made up of both individual contributors and managers of others. Develop, lead, and motivate a culture of team work, real time problem resolution, and continuous improvement in both shop floor and office arenas. Organize and lead team capacity reviews, sales commits, and production scheduling utilizing Scrum, Tier meetings, Gemba walks, SAP and Solumina.
Identify, prioritize, and resolve issues impacting delivery, quality, and inventory through root cause analysis. Participate as an active member of the site ACE Council and project management team.
- Operations Team Leader at United Technologies Corporation
- Continuous Improvement Manager at United Technologies Corporation
- Continuous Improvement Specialist II at Goodrich Corporation
- Kanban Coordinator at Goodrich Corporation
7 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science
home sale process. This includes appraisals, inspections, and contracts, all while following the IRS guidelines for a tax protected home sale.
• Supervise and guide team members with day to day operations, onboard and train new employees
• Liaison between General Manager, Client Contact and Team Members
• Establish procedures for process improvement within the team while ensuring consistency with organizational practices
• Manage first level escalations from customers and clients
• Main point of coordination for various phases of relocation process for corporate employees
• Manage expense benefits provided by clients, ensuring compliance with budget and enforced policies
• Implement relocation policies for employees spanning multiple industries and guide them through the 'guaranteed buy out'
home sale process. This includes appraisals, inspections, and contracts, all while following the IRS guidelines for a tax
protected home sale.
- Operations Team Leader at CRG
- Home Sale Relocation Manager at Graebel Relocation Services
- Office Manager at GW Moulding
- Realtor at Metrobrokers
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Assigned to operate, maintain and be accountable for basic issue items to my water truck
• Organized a tracking system for keeping track of all the soldiers basic issue items for their equipment
• Logged in over 500 operating hours hauling heavy equipment throughout Europe
• Communicated effectively with foreign nation customers and management to increase productivity and satisfy customer needs
• Operated heavy equipment such as: forklift, high mobility engineer excavator type 1, dozer, backhoe, loader, light equipment transporter, hydraulic excavator
• Managed outgoing and incoming client inventory with a value of $90,000+
• Trained 20-30 new soldiers on the proper procedures to safely operate our fleet of heavy equipment
• Responsible for the personal safety, development, and training of my team of five soldiers. Developmental plans were received during counseling sessions
• Performed basic hand and horn signals to guide the heavy equipment operations in the performance of their duties
• Haul up to 113,000lbs of equipment with a Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT)
• Created an excel spreadsheet to keep track of the unit progress in physical fitness for 3rd and 4th quarter of fiscal year 18
- Operations/ Team Leader at U.S Army
- Heavy Equipment Operator at U.S Army
2 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Responsible for the safety of their team and the quality of the product.
• Directs and coordinates the activities of Operation Technicians engaged in the production to increase innovation, technical expertise, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
• Incorporate Factory Performance & Reliability (manufacturing management system), Good manufacturing practices, Visual Workplace, Lean Manufacturing and Reliability engineering in continuous improvement planning and systems.
• Establish and maintain effective Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurement for the plant, tracking and reporting tools, and establishes corrective action for continuous improvement.
• Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Responsible for employees' time and attendance
• Confers with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Conducts or coordinates Technician training in equipment operations, GMPs, Quality, sanitation, maintenance, productivity or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
• Interprets specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
• Empower teams by way of training, information sharing, coaching, feedback, appraisals and delegation, to ensure the development of people, skills, teams and organizational capabilities.
• Responsible for temporary employee management including: safety policy's, GMPs, equipment training, scheduling, and time card approval process
• Support implementation of Quality Assurance and Food Safety initiatives. Ensure company policies, safety standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices, including Quality Assurance and Food Safety.
- Operations Team Leader at Colgate-Palmolive
- E5/Sergeant at United States Marine Corps
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Management - Management
• Managed Shipping, Receiving, Machine Operators and Franchising Departments;
• Supervised 15 to 20 associates daily;
• Address performance or other issues, as necessary;
• Assisted with ongoing departmental hiring and termination of team members;
• Conducted annual reviews and completed documentation for disciplinary behavior of team members;
• Coordinate across shifts with other management team leaders to review and implement a production plan and address other operation issues as required;
• Delegated expectations based on department objectives and goals to meet company daily expectations;
• Develop staff for potential growth opportunities within the company;
• Encourage development opportunities in daily roles and support cross-functional learning;
• Engage in "People Orientation" - Working to build a winning team by coaching and leading associates to achieve their goals;
• Ensure that equipment and flow of product is efficient;
• Ensure products delivered are stored in organized manner to ensure quality is maintained and accessibility is achieved;
• Exemplify positive, team-oriented values in daily activity;
• Implement worker safety and health regulations to ensure a safe environment;
• Lead, coach, and develop direct reports and others throughout extended team;
• Lead, motivate, and listen to team in order to effectively maintain and grow productivity;
• Maintain and create SOP's on a yearly basis to streamline practices for maximum efficiency;
• Meet with other managers to confer about products, shipping times, and distribution issues, among many other concerns.
• Monitor warehouse workers & associated activities; offer assistance to those with concerns or problems on the work floor;
• Oversee production and communication of all expedited orders, non-cons and manual receipts;
• Plan projects and set objectives for the employees to meet;
• Possess ability to grasp the interrelation of processes/functions in the DC, make business decisions based on sales & profitability goals;
• Possess the ability to grasp the interrelation of processes and functions in the DC, and make business decisions based on sales and profitability goals;
• Provide daily communication with corporate partners, when needed;
• Provide leadership and direction to Operations Team Members;
• Respond to orders efficiently so that products are delivered in a timely and accurate manner;
• Review incoming and outgoing shipments;
• Reviewed individual performance on a daily basis to improve production, assist individuals in meeting their goals, as well as maintaining and establishing company goals;
• Support a positive culture that fosters high performance, ensures bench strengths and works towards People Development;
• Understand and communicate financial and accuracy goals to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of productivity.
- OPERATIONS TEAM LEADER at PAYLESS SHOE SOURCE
- AREA MANAGER at BORDERS BOOK GROUP
- OPERATIONS TEAM SUPERVISOR at CONVERSE / NIKE
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate Sought
Directed the work activities, tactical employment, training, and personnel management of 9 for rapid Worldwide deployment to conduct light Infantry combat operations; managed unit readiness, logistics, maintenance and security activities for $6M worth of equipment
• Advised on directives/ initiatives in support of a 40+ personnel platoon ensuring safety and mission success were achieved; maintained $60M in tactical vehicles and sensitive equipment
• Managed equipment and personnel requests for over 140 units containing 12.5k personnel
• Conducted weekly operation synchronization meetings to manage organizational chart, improve efficiencies, streamline processes, and identify reluctant tasks
• Managed the accountability and maintenance of $6M in organizational equipment with zero loss Team Leader Oversaw the operations for various tasks in logistics and operational aspects of resilient global situations while managing a team of
• Operated wheeled vehicles to transport personnel, supplies, and equipment; administered first aid and life-saving techniques for assigned personnel
• Managed the accountability for high valued assets along with other various equipment with zero discrepancies or losses
• Accountable for operation and maintenance of Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical protective masks and suits
• Trained personnel to operate in high-pressured situations in a leadership capacity while making high importance decisions
- Operations Team Leader at UNITED STATES ARMY
- Warehouse Worker at Dakota Specialty Milling
- Machine Operator at Pactiv Corporation
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
•Works with Production Supervisor to ensure Starbucks success by leading day-to-day manufacturing, distribution or green coffee operations in the roasting plant.
•Effect partner and food safety, efficiency and quality. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
•Advises supervisor of task completion. Executes routine shift close-out procedures. Serves as a partner resource for problems and issues that arise during assigned shift.
•Audits assigned functional area daily to ensure attainment of product quality, inventory accuracy, and customer service standards.
•Leads and carries out daily manufacturing, distribution or green coffee operations tasks. Ensures team attainment of daily productivity goals.
•Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment. Oversees team execution of master sanitation schedule.
•Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
•Provides training and coaching to team members on standard operating procedures and safety procedures and regulations.
•Recommends process improvements. Supports process and business changes.
- Manufacturing Operations Team Leader at Starbucks
- ACRS OPERATOR at Starbucks
- WATERJET MACHINE OPERATOR/FABRICATOR at Action Industrial Group
- MANUFACTURING TEAM LEADER at Honeywell
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Applied Science - Heavy Vehicle Maintenance
- BACHELORS - WORKFORCE EDUCATION TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Experienced leader of OEM Inspection, Aftermarket Inspection, Final Certification, and Gage Calibration ♦ Gained knowledge of Aerospace regulations ♦ Experienced in customer and AS9100 audits ♦ Responsible for creating and managing Quality procedures and training curriculum for inspection ♦ Learned problem solving tools and RCCA ♦ Developed a team culture of empowerment, teamwork, and cross-training ♦ Leader of the OEM Inspection HPT
- Operations Team Leader at Parker HSD
- Senior Buyer at Parker HSD
- Buyer at Parker HSD
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Integrated Supply Management
- Masters of Business Administration - CPSM