Ithaca, NY. November 2014 to January 2019
MACOM develops and supplies semiconductor technologies for optical, wireless and satellite networks and has a broad portfolio of analog RF, microwave, millimeter wave and photonic semiconductor products.
Optical Engineer SPE (Senior Principal Engineer), member of the Senior Technical Staff
• Participated in emerging research seeking to develop tailored designs of GaAs EFT devices for computer 3D vision / sensing.
• Led and deployed a sustained effort to solve reliability and yield problems by establishing a more robust laser stress screening methodology, as well as tightening data recording and reporting procedures.
• Migrated designs and processes from Ithaca fab to Lowell fab.
• Trained, guided and mentored more junior team members. Participated in the hiring process. Published research results and authored patents.
- Optical Engineer SPE at MACOM
- Senior Engineer at BINOPTICS
- at BINOPTICS
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at James Franck Institute, Dept. of Physics, University of Chicago
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- PhD - physics
- MSc - Physics
Support the optical system's product development team with imaging and illumination optical system with characterization and validation
Strong experience with hands on optical lab testing and characterization of lasers, LED, and imaging
● components Strong experience with processing and analysis of optical components data from vendors and evaluating
● against the specifications Assist in developing and maintaining all optical labs - including equipment, test procedures and processes
● Perform in a fast-paced product development environment across different functional teams
- Optical Engineer at Microsoft Cooperation
- Optical Lab Engineering Consultant at CDI Corp
- Senior Optical Engineer at COHERENT INC
- Optical Researcher/ Team Leader at COHERENT
1 year at this Job
- Graduate Diploma - E-Commerce Management
- Master of Science - Laser Holographic Display and Optical Information
- Bachelors - Physics
Designed, built and monitored multiple optical test stations Carefully documented ITAR project procedures and recipes Contributed to optical product development and documentation Maintained OSHA compliance as Laser Safety Officer for two separate sites Project managed several military contract related projects Oversaw and built data analysis system for bulk test data
- OPTICAL ENGINEER at GOOCH & HOUSEGO
- OPTICAL PRODUCT ENGINEER at ALFALIGHT
- PHYSICS GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT at MIAMI UNIVERSITY
at this Job
- M.S. PHYSICS - experimental quantum optics
- B.S. - PHYSICS
Lead Engineer for all optical RFQs, site surveys, installation, test and turn-up of optical systems. Also assisted in site surveys for large wireless system installs. Lead engineer for the deployment and testing of Iron Bow’s CLINiC line of telehealth systems
- Lead Optical Engineer at Iron Bow Technologies
- Independent Contractor/Consultant at Self
- Education Specialist at Cisco Systems
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- - United States Air Force
• Created interior/exterior lighting system for automotive, using LED light source
• Performed optical design with plastic lenses for cameras/projectors used in automotive lighting
• Used Zemax to perform imaging optical design and trade studies and use Lighttols for all non-imaging optics
• Designed various TIR lens using Lighttools to support optical design of overhead console and other applications
• Developed interior camera system using TIDA-01130 reference design for overhead console.
• Develop and design various internal/external optical system for Ford, GM, Chrysler, and Honda.
• Designed projector lens to save licensing fees for employer which provided significant cost savings.
- Optical Engineer at Flex LTD
- Optical Engineer at Harris Corporation
- Senior System Engineer at USAF contactor
- Senior System Engineer at Rockwell Collins
2 years at this Job
- M.S - Optical Science
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- B.S. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering - Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
GIA-Gemological Institute of America
Lead three advanced projects of analytical optical based instruments prototype, programming in hardware controlling.
participate as a member of instrument development team in R&D division
• Lead on GIA diamond laser inscription system development, determine Software specifications of laser sources including Excimer/Picosecond laser, optical delivery, Solidworks imaging system, sample holding, mechanical and electrical design, cooperate with software engineer in PC control center.
• Lead on developing color stone absorption spectroscopy, electro-optical design concepts; Design optical system with UV-VIS-IR light sources, lasers, spectrometer, integrating sphere, light coupling components and detectors.
• Take over DiamondVIEW optimization for fancy shape stones, design imaging system, motion stages, filtering, enhance UV beam intensity for diamond florescence.
• Lead and design temperature controlled LED light source colorimeter, PCB layout design, thermal analysis and power supply, assemble and solder demo unit.
• Build CVD diamond growth in-situ monitoring system for plasma and flame using optical spectrometer in UV/VIS range, collect and analyze spectrum.
• Design mechanical enclosure in LED/Laser measuring instruments (colorimeter, diamondVIEW, ultrasonic cleanser)
• Connect with vendor and workshop for purchasing and request for quote.
- Electric Optical Engineer at GIA-Gemological Institute of America
- Lab Specialist, Research Assistant at Photonics Technology Lab
4 months at this Job
- Ph.D - Photonics Technology
- B.E. - Mechanical Engineering
Analyze, compare, document, and update existing DWDM services. Engineer, prepare, and plan migration of existing Metro and ULH services to new go forward platform.
- Optical Engineer at Artech Information Systems L.L.C./JP Morgan Chase
- Planner III at Level 3 Communications / CenturyLink
- Central Office Engineer at tw telecom
- Field Technician at Norlight Telecommunications, Inc
4 months at this Job
- Some college
• Develop, qualify & support production of in-well optical sensors & devices: ◦ Use 1.5-6mm cane waveguides in HPHT fiber feedthrus, PT gages, differential pressure sensors and hydrophones ◦ Setup/operate pressure & temperature test facilities (200C, 25kpsi) ◦ Maintain, repair and calibrate custom LDS system
- Senior Optical Engineer at Weatherford International
- Executive Engineer at CiDRA Corp
- Senior Research Scientist at United Technologies Corporation
13 years at this Job
- Doctorate - Applied Physics
Invented high-resolution spectrometer product line, and high accuracy, eye safe, fast thickness sensor for opqaque wafers and slabs of materials
- Optical Engineer at Optoprofiler.com
- Chief Technical Officer at FSM/Silicon Concepts
1 month at this Job
- Ph.D. in Physics - Defended Ph.D. thesis
• Design OEM products for the outdoor, medical, and laser/electro-optic industry.
• Develop new optical prescriptions for riflescopes, binoculars, monoculars & spotting scopes.
• Design custom LED and Laser based illuminators, detectors, optics and systems.
• Create, design & manufacture laser rangefinders, hand-held, weapon or drone mounted.
• Provided prototypes, Alfa / Beta units and support with manufacturing of the new product.
• Worked with a multidisciplinary team of scientist and engineers in a collaborative environment.
- Electro-optical Engineer / Co-Founder at Precision Photonic Devices
- Engineering & New Product Development Manager at Steiner-eOptics
- Laser Engineer at American Medical Systems, Inc
- Process Expert, Engineering at Lightwave Electronics
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Optical System Design
- Course Study - Engineering