Maximize optical center's sales, profit and customer service goals through the effective leadership of the optical team
● Directly supervise all optical center operations including dispensing of eyewear, patient care, and financial performance of optical center.
● Oversee all hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, coaching, discipline, write & give teammate reviews, and recognize teammates within the center
● Develop teammates, listen to their goals and concerns
● Create a positive environment where teammates enjoy coming to work every day
● Ensure that the optical center meets all operational goals
● Model Shopko's commitment to providing exceptional customer service ○ Answer all customer questions, assist with returns and/or complaints ○ Schedule patients for exams, assist customers with selecting of frames/lenses/contacts ○ Bill and answer questions regarding insurance and billings ○ Effectively communicate with patients regarding billing, appointment reminders, and notifying of orders that have been completed ○ Run reporting for patient aged invoices
● Schedule patients for exams to ensure full schedules for our doctors
● Assist doctors with credentialing, so they are able to work at multiple centers
● Have been recognized by my leader and the Director of Optical for my exceptional customer service
● Collaborate with other managers to share best practices, address staffing issues, and problem solve
● Assume all Optician responsibilities in addition to being the Optical Manager
● Represent the Shopko brand every day in the center
- Optical Manager at Shopko Optical De Pere
- Optician at ShopKo
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Optical Manager for Ophthalmology/Optometric practice having five locations. ABOC, NCLEC and Licensed Dispensing Optician in the State of Georgia
- Optical Manager at South Georgia Eye Partners
- Operations Manager at Wilson Eye Center
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school - College Prep
Managed all facets of the optical business.
● Adhered to sale goals, did inventory, schedules, marketing
● Mentored 5 stores in my region, Customer Service Captain
- Optical Manager at Sears Optical
- Lead Optician at Colleyville Vision Associates
- Optical Manager at Custom Eyes Vision Care
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Liberal Studies/Business Mgmt
• Make weekly and monthly schedules, and also process payroll for all employees.
• Proofread records and reports for accuracy.
• Recruit, Coach, Counsel, and Train employees.
• Evaluate on the job performance.
• Ensured information was accurately captured and entered into the system.
• Manage all staff members.
• Drive and Push Sales.
• Deal with Customer complaints or issues.
• Process paper work such as, Daily business reports, Record sales figures.
• Keep up fluctuating supply and demand.(Stocking and Ordering product.)
• Assist patients by providing them with procedure of proper eye examination.
• Schedule patients for appointments and test, and ensure that follow up calls made in a timely manner.
• Delivered exceptional customer care by responding to questions concerning customer/patient accounts in a fast paced, structured customer care environment.
• Run and file all insurance claims.
• Process authorization from all health care providers.
• Maximizing profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so.
• Preparing promotional materials and displays. Proven successful experience as a retail manager
• Powerful leading skills and business orientation.
• Customer management skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Optical Manager at CVS Optical
- Retail Manager at Lens Crafters
- File Clerk - Engineering Program at NASA
- Barista Lead at Starbucks Coffee
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business
Responsibilities Sales,customer service,training,coaching,problem solving. Financial reporting, P&L evaluation, hiring new employees, overall management of optical shop. Accomplishments Increased sales by 20 percent over last year. Skills Used Great customer service, knowledge of optical techniques and customer base building.
- Optical Manager at For Eyes Optical
- Optical Manager at Optical Central
- Site Supervisor at Kaiser Permanente
- Optical Manager at Arthur J. Edelstein MD,
at this Job
- Bachelors Degree - Business Management
• Managing a $1.9 million Optical Practice
• Managing a staff of 10+
• Implementing culture change to improve Net Promoter Score
• Turned YTD target from -$16,000 to +$36,000 in 3 months
• Total Profit & Loss budget responsibility
• Actively recruiting/interviewing optical personnel
• Conducting new hire orientation
• On-boarding new managers/employees
• Enforcing personnel policies up to and including termination
• Creating an inclusive team-building environment
• Managing staff performance
- Optical Manager at Target Optical
- Vision Center Manager/Area Manager at Wal-Mart Vision Center
- Optician at Wal-Mart Vision Center
- Delegate at Residence Hall Association
11 months at this Job
- - Business
I started out as an optician and took over as the Optical Manager in April of 2017. It is my responsibility to do the following; Hiring/Firing Scheduling Scheduling patients Screening patients in for appointment Making sure we are on track to meet our monthly and Yearly goals Assist the Doctor with anything that she needs Assist patients in picking out glasses Billing insurances
- Optical Manager at SHOPKO EYECARE CENTER
- Assistant General Manager at New Leaf Hospitality
- Shift Lead at Kum & Go
- Supervisor at Hardee's - Watford City
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Optical duties Include pre testing, assisting patients with optical needs and educating them on our products. Payroll, scheduling of employees, hiring and training of new employees. Daily and monthly reports. Increased sales by 40% within 4 months of taking over location.
• Successfully led key projects which resulted in increased sales.
• Privided onsite training.
• Inputted information from customer calls and onsite service visits into the company’s system using I-logic, I focus.
• Provided excellent and professional service to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Maintained detailed records of what customers wanted and ordered, helping to increase profits when the customers returned at later date. Optical Tech
• Removed lenses from molds and separated lenses in containers for further processing or storage.
• Inserted lenses into spectacle frames and adjusted and repaired spectacles.
• Jumped in to fill gaps for on call rotation when necessary.
• Evaluated patient care needs, prioiritized treatment and maintained patient flow. Office Manager
• Mitigated project downtime by effectively managing, scheduling and dispatching technicians for on-site repairs.
• Monitored and controlled office inventory to ensure adequate supply levels, timely product ordering and efficient management of company resources.
• Strengthened community outreach by coordinating fundraisers, including managing the marketing, vendor relations and volunteer supervision processes.
• Automated office operations, managing client correspondence, record tracking and data communications.
• Trauned employees in best practices and protocol while managing teams to ensure optimal productivity.
• Elevated productivity initiatives and managed presidential calendar, including coordinating itinerary and scheduling appointments.
- Optical Manager at US Vision
- Optical Assistant at Longe Optical
- Office Manager at Convalescent Shop
- Optical Manager at
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Some college
• Ensures Team Members deliver an outstanding guest experience with every guest, every time by consistently modeling and coaching the playground rules:
• Sets clear expectations that the store and Team Members be Guest Ready.
• Helps Team Members understand that delivering both the Playground Rules and being Guest Ready are the two most important success factors in delighting guests.
• Orchestrates the flow on the floor, and is the caretaker to every guest and team member.
• Works with Team Members to develop clear action plans for immediate and future development.
• Ensures every Team Member is accountable to their action plans and commitments.
• Delivers clear motivating and developmental feedback in a timely manner.
• Creating a culture of being Simple, Fun and In-style.
• Completes annual performance reviews along with monthly coaching conversations with all Team Members.
• Clearly understands the driving factors for success within their own business.
• Identifies areas of opportunity and creates an action plan for improvement.
• Understands that the Guest experience drives the results.
• Develops a professional business relationship with the Target Optical doctor that ensures the delivery of all components of the convenient, collaborative, and consultative eye exam experience. Meets regularly to discuss current performance and collaborate on strategies to build the doctor and retail business, All while doing Pre Testing for eye exams.
• Ensures a positive and productive Target Host relationship that contributes to growing the business. Meets regularly to discuss performance and collaborate on strategies to build the retail business.
• Recruits the highest caliber talent / maintains a bench of potential applicants
• Understands how the best performing Team Members work during peak traffic.
• Creates schedules taking into account business trends, forecast and host traffic.
• Owns the business and adjusts schedules as necessary to meet business need.
• Completes payroll weekly.
• Completes new hire and personnel change paperwork.
• Is accountable to store’s shrink percentage.
• Conducts Physical Inventory twice per year.
• Completes monthly Store Visit Form for review with optical team.
• Ensures all operating policies and procedures are followed at the highest level to include merchandising and store presentation, timely and accurate implementation of approved marketing programs and promotions.
• Ensures accurate completion of all sales transactions, and utilization of all sales strategies and resources.
- Optical Manager at Target Optical/Luxottica Retail
- Optical Manager at Sears Optical
- Optician at Sears Optical Luxottica
- Office Manager at Helzberg Diamonds
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Human Resource Management
Started as optician then promoted to Optical Manager. Knowledgeable in all aspects of optical and most finishing labs. Educating patients in lens design and vision benefits
- Optician/Optical Manager at Wood Vision Source
- Lead Optician at Sunset Eyecare
- Optician at
1 year, 2 months at this Job