• Eight years of retail experience in automotive parts and optical sales.
• Public speaking in collegiate courses as well as public seminars.
• Experience in team building and team leadership in retail management positions. OPTOMETRIC TECHNICIAN FAMILY VISION CLINIC 2016 - 2017
• Pre-test patient care and data collection using electronic medical record with the use of Office Mate. Equipment experience with Optos retinal imaging, autorefractor, non-contact tonometer, OCT scan, visual field testing, and phoropter.
- OPTOMETRIC TECHNICIAN at FAMILY VISION CLINIC
- OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN at CAPE FEAR EYE INSTITUTE
- OPTICIAN at AMERICA'S BEST CONTACTS & EYEGLASSES
1 year at this Job
- None - Psychology
- ASE/Automotive Technology - Automotive Technology
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
As an optometric technician I performed much of the preparatory work for examinations. I also had duties that included the maintenance and calibration of vision testing equipment, the application of various pre-examination tests for incoming patients, and clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, distributing prescribed items, and performing general maintenance (including cleaning and sanitizing the office and examination room).
- Optometric Technician at Daniel & Davis Optometry
- Medical Assistant/Receptionist at Personalized Prevention
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant at Floyd Memorial Hospital
- Student at Prosser
3 months at this Job
- - Nursing
• My job duties as an Optometric Technician requires me to pretest patients; before they see the eye doctor for their final exam.I organize and sort medical record charts, answer phones, schedule appointments. I house keep the whole doctor office area to make sure it's very well kept and sanitized. This is just the bare minimum of what i do.
- Optometric Technician at National Vision, Inc.
- Merchandise and inventory at Nordstrom
- Personal Care Aide at Home Instead Senior Care
- Front End Manager at Karns Quality Foods
3 months at this Job
- High school - Academics
An Optometric Technician is responsible for assisting the optometrist before the patient enters the exam room. My duties include, taking the patient through a series of tests to appropriately test their overall vision, documenting the results of this test, and setting up the phoropter/refractor for the Optometrist. My other responsibilities include pulling patient insurance, putting in the patient paperwork, selling contacts and teaching patients how to wear contacts.
- OPTOMETRIC TECHNICIAN at VISIONWORKS DOCTORS OF OPTOMOTRY
- GUEST SERVICE REP/FRONT DESK AGENT at HOLIDAY INN AND SUITES SOUTHAVEN
- GUEST SERVICE REP/FRONT DESK AGENT at HOLIDAY INN AND SUITES WOLFCHASE
- CASHIER/GUEST SERVICE REP at RACK ROOM SHOES
1 year at this Job
- - EDUCATION
- associates - teaching
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Optometric Technician Duties:
• Assist Optometrist with examinations and maintain patient charts.
• Take patient history and perform preliminary examination of patient.
• Explain eye exercises to patients, and monitor vision therapy.
• Fit and dispense glasses and contact lens for patients. Receptionist Duties Include:
• Greeting and checking in patients
• Preparing reports and patient medical histories for the Optometrist.
• Processing insurance billing and payments and communicating with insurance companies.
• Perform clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
- Optometric Technician at Pearle Vision Eye Care Center
- Retail Sales Associate at The TJX Companies, Inc.
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Technical Management Concentration in Project Management
- Associate - Applied Science
My responsibilities as an Optometric Technician include working in the front of the medical office as well as working up patients for the doctors. My duties include greeting patients when they are checking in and out, entering in paperwork, assisting patients on the phone to schedule appointments, and verifying insurances. As a technician, I would work patients up the room and perform various pre-testing components necessary for the comprehensive eye exam before the doctor enters the room. I as well followed all privacy rules and regulations such as HIPPA.
- Optometric Technician at Visionworks
- Cashier/ Line cook at Little Greek Fresh Grill
9 months at this Job
- AA - Urban Development
- High school - Generic Education
As an Optometric Technician my job was to assist the Optometrist. My main job was checking in patients, which includes running their insurance, pulling their charts or filing their charts away, making sure all of their paperwork is filled out correctly, and pre-testing them. I also answer the phone, make appointments, call patients to confirm appointments for the next day or let them know their glasses are in, check patients out by entering their exams into our SDS system, adjust patient's glasses as needed, fax prescriptions, and train the patient's to put in and take out their contacts.
- Optometric Technician at National Vision, INC
- Caregiver at Wee Care Day Care
- Front Desk Clerk at Best Western Colonial Inn
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Business Office Technology
As an optometric technician, I prep patients for our optometrists by doing preliminary testing and checking visual acuities. I document medical history and patient concerns as well as doing special testing for eye diseases or conditions. I also answer phones, schedule patients, refer to opthomologists for surgery or consult, look up insurance verification and post charges from patient visits to be billed to insurances.
- Optometric Technician at Central Montana Eyecare
- Teller/Service Associate at Russell Country FCU
- Receptionist at Physical Therapy Center of Great Falls
- Barista at Northside Filling Station
at this Job
- - Business and Elementary Education
As an Optometric Technician my duties include :
• Determining chief complaints, review medical history, perform testing, record electronic data on instrumentation screens, calibrate, clean and maintain ophthalmic equipment & instruments, stock rooms with supplies, schedule patients as prescribed/requested.
• I was promoted to lead Optometric technician, with that responsibility I have to make sure all of the other techs stay on schedule and help when it is needed. I am responsible for teaching any new employee. I must communicate any orders that come from the doctor to the other technicians.
• I also rotate from a technician to front desk from time to time through out the day. My duties up front include: handle calls to the practice, greet patients, assist with referrals, check patients in and out, verify insurance information, collect co-pays and patient balances, faxing, copying, preparing patients medical records.
- Optometric Technician at Starling Eye Group
- Assistant Manager, Carhop at Sonic Drive-In
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- AA degree in Nursing - COMMUNICATION
- High School Diploma
Performed duties as a certified Optometric Technician Checked patients eyes with pre test Auto refractor eye pressure test Visual fields Maddox Cover, color deficiency stereo VA's for distance and near Organized Client information and verified patient insurance Contacted patients in a professional manner to verify appointments Checked their health of the eye before referring them out.
- Optometric Technician at West valley vision center
- MEDICARE REPRESENTATIVE at GENERAL DYNAMICS
- OPTOMETRIC TECHNICIAN at AMERICA'S BEST CONTACTS
- PACKAGE HANDLER MACY'S LOGISTICS AND OPERATIONS at
1 year, 9 months at this Job