Assists with administrative and clinical duties
Assists in conducting diagnostic tests, recording and measuring vision, testing eye function,
instructing patients on contact lens insertion and
care, preparing exam rooms, cleaning and arranging equipment.
Communicates with Insurance Carriers to verify
Responsible for answering phones and scheduling
Responsible for keeping patient records current
Northgate Vision Associates
• May 2018-January 2019
- Optometrist Assistant at Communicates with Insurance Carriers
- Front Desk Receptionist at Hernando Animal Clinic
- Front Desk Receptionist at Greenbrook Animal Hospital
8 months at this Job
- - Radiology
Optometrist assistant, front desk receptionist, verify insurance, book appointments, and maintaining clinic organized. 16-20 hours a week.
- Optometrist Assistant at Phamily Eyecare
- Eyelash Technician at
- Dental Assistant at Radiant Dental Clinic
- Cashier at Charley's, Deerbrook Mall
10 months at this Job
- Associate - Science
- High school
Help optometrist by conducting diagnostic test, recording & measuring vision, instructing patients in inserting & caring for contact lenses, answering phones, make appointments, handle insurance verification & billing.
- Optometrist Assistant/Receptionist at Turlock Optometrist
- Teller at Check Into Cash
- Clerical Assistant (Temporary) at Salvation Army of Turlock
- Store Manager at Ace Cash Express
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Lead Optometrist Assistant duties include pre-testing, insurance, showing patient how to insert and remove contacts, preparing the room for the doctor, ordering contacts from various companies, sale contacts and glasses.
- Optometrist Assistant at Visionworks Doctors of Optometry
- Assistant Manager at Cash Saver
- Cashier/Customer Service at McDonald's
2 years, 5 months at this Job
Front Desk Answer phone calls, check- in patients, answering patients questions, copying documents, faxing documents, and check- out patients. Optical sales Assisting patients with frame selection ensuring proper fit and advise, acquire pupillar distance, measuring segment height for bi focals and progressive lenses, advising add on such as AR coating, trivex lenses, transition, tint, and polarized lenses for sunlight, etc. Collect fees for exam and materials. Optometrist Assistant Prep patients in timely manner for doctor with accuracy, usage and operations of machinery such Autorefractor, OTC, Visual Field, and Snellen. Basic knowledge inquiry of patients complaints, medical, surgical and family history. Ensure that doctor supply is stocked daily, exam rooms are clean and fuctional. Contact Lenses Representative Acquire daily patients request for all spherical, toric and multifocal lenses. Ensure inventory for trials and revenues are maintained. Order via distributors for in house usage. Maintain a consistent log of all invoices.
- Optometrist Assistant at Vision Center Tutu Park Mall
- Optician assistant at Vision Center
- Billing clerk at Imaging Center P.C.
- File Clerk/Office Assistant at Juan Luis Hospital
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Basic Computer Skills - Computer Literacy
- High School Diploma - High Curriculum
McLaughlin Optometry, Optometrist Assistant - Green Oak, Michigan
● Assisted doctor by doing preliminary eye testing.
● Handled all receptionist duties - phone calls, making appointments, verifying insurance, monetary transactions, sanitizing rooms and equipment.
● Assisted customers with questions and concerns.
● Completed paperwork for charts on patients and filed. Light cleaning in reception area.
- Optometrist Assistant/Receptionist at McLaughlin Optometry
- Intake Coordinator at Healing Hand Home Health Care
- Supervisor/Trainer at VILLAGE MANOR RETIREMENT
- Manager at Lockwood Management (Lockwood of Fenton)
1 month at this Job
- Some college
Answering incoming calls, updating patient information from tests, light clerical work, perform routine testing on patients prior to seeing the optometrist and light housekeeping.
- OPTOMETRIST ASSISTANT at LIN AND TRAN LLC
- ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER at BURNETT SPECIALISTS
- ADVOCATE4ME REPRESENTATIVE at UNITED HEALTHCARE
- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, DEETER MAZDA at Finance Department
5 months at this Job
- - Apprentice Electrician
* Assist Optometrist with patient care * Optometric Scribe * Data Entry * File Charts * Set patient Appointments
- Optometrist Assistant at Shaheen Eye Specialists
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Belle Fountain Rehabilitation
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Regency Healthcare
- Cashier at Dairy Queen
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- None - Nursing
- Certificate - Nursing Assistant
I am responsible for gathering the patient general health information and putting it in the system. After this is done, I perform internal and external photos on the fundus camera and get their prescription on the autorefractor. Also, if the Optometrist feels as if there are more tests that need to be done, I conduct more tests either on the OCT or Visual Field Machine.
- Optometrist Assistant at Cohen's Fashion Optical
- Camp Counselor (Seasonal) at Aviator Sports and Events Center
- Intern at Vistasite Eyecare
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Ophthalmic Dispensing
- - Vision Technology
• Conduct inventory of supplies such as contact trials lenses, solution and optical drops and office supplies and maintain stock levels by submitting orders and disposing of expires items.
• Prepare Patients for exam by the Optometrist by updating patient information into Liquid software, insuring insurance information is accurate and scanned in to the system to streamline patient flow.
• Conducted pretesting and special testing such as refracting to see how well a patient is seeing and measures the cornea with a kertometer and check the pressures of the eyes using equipment including retinal camera and side vision tester.
• Processed patients information into the office database using Liquid to ensure the Optometrist access to accurate and up-to-date records, previously software was Alta Point.
• Maintain a sanitary work environment by disinfecting equipment, disposing of used supplies and cleaning exam rooms.
• Preformed administrative task such as processing insurance information and submitting claims, setting appointments and preparing prescriptions and other documents to be signed by the optometrist
• Verified important patient information such as insurance, doctor reports and previous medical information.
- Optometrist Assistant at Wal-Mart Stores Inc
- Sporting Goods Sales Associate at Walmart Stores Inc
- Human Resource Manager at Wal-Mart Stores Inc
- Assembly Technician at Dana Inc
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Aviation Administration