Originally hired as a receptionist, moved up to a trainee for Optometry Technician Becoming Certified and breaking sales records for FDT's (Frequency Doubling Technology) Within the district. The company now sends me to other Optometry locations within the district to train other Optometry Techs. I am proficient working with the following equipment. VX-40 Lensometry Machine, Humphreys FDT Visual Field, Nidek NCT Auto refractor, Top Con TRC NW 400 image machine. In working closely with different doctor's, I have developed and practiced the ability of communication in the best, most professional form, which makes the doctor's ability to do their job a most productive proficient experience. Also responsible for answering office phone calls, schedule appointments, greet patients and obtain medical records. Assist Physician during patient examinations and processing Insurance benefits.
- CERTIFIED OPTOMETRY TECHNICIAN at NATIONAL VISION
- at BAKERS PEST CONTROL
- at ADMNISTRATIVE/MARKETING-DRYCLEANBUILDERS
2 years at this Job
- GED - Communications
Pretesting, FDT peripherial vision test using Zeiss Humphrey, NCT- Glaucoma test using Reicher machine .Additional responsibilites include doing Visual fields for Glaucoma on Humphrey visual field, HRT- retinal tomography using Heidelberg machine.Using Officemate for front desk assigments, for example appointments and other patient information, blood pressures on every patient.
- Optometry Technician at Canton Optometry Corporation
- Secretary & Treasurer at Kalas Supermarket Inc
- Cardiac Cath Technologist at Veterans Administration Medical Center
9 months at this Job
- - Cardiology
Currently i am the only optometry tech at my current facility so there is alot of little details/job that i do some of which include: Work up patients Gather vitals Manage flow for provider Schedule appointments Inventory or clinical products Order clinical products Teach I&R for contact lens fittings Check vision Fit patients for glasses Order glasses Run all testing machines [slit lamp photos, HVF, auto refraction, lensometry & fundus,photography] Answer all phone calls, questions and concerns Referrals for optometry patients Contact orders for office Billing for glasses an contacts Patient education on medications & treatments as issued by the doctor Ect.
- Optometry Technician at RURAL HEALTH SERVICES
- Server at DiVino Ristorante Italiano
- Substitute Teacher at Horse creek Academy
- WPAFB LASER EYE CLINIC at 88th med group
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Elementary edu
- Dental Assistant
- high school diploma
Scheduled and confirmed patient appointments, performed all pre-test on patients (OCT, visual field, IOP check, Pachometry testing, GDX, Optos imaging). Performed prescreening exams in local daycare and preschool facilities. Scribed for physician, ordered patient medication Rx, utilized OD-Pro (optometry software). Self-trained on details of new software and managed office software for entire office. Created troubleshooting of new software, served as interoffice assistance with their software issues. Created processes to input all patient data, including scanned exams and all lab results. RECEPTIONIST MMI BREAST CENTER 02/2008-06/2009 Handled incoming calls, scheduled patient appointments for mammograms, ultrasounds and osteoporosis screenings. Handled creating and filing all patient charts. Coordinated obtaining surgical records for patients, working closely with team of physicians to ensure information was delivered to all pertinent parties. Managed all patient files, continuously filtering and confidentially disposing of those records that were aged. Trained on operating DEXA scan (osteoporosis screening device). Travelled to multiple clinical locations as well as community events to perform osteoporosis screenings.
- OPTOMETRY TECHNICIAN at EYECARE ASSOCIATES
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATES - lead
• Performs visual tests and exams to determine patient's ocular health while coordinating with optometrists regarding visual abnormalities, treatment, and care
• Responsible for patient care, such as, instillation of ophthalmic medications, irrigation, and application of pressure patches for ocular injuries
• Performs ancillary tests such as fundus photography, Optical Coherence Tomography, Humphrey Visual Field, and corneal topography
• Educates patients on proper instillation of ophthalmic medications, removal and care for contact lenses
• Properly fits, measures, orders, dispenses, and adjusts spectacles
• Triages patients, maintains exam schedules and accurate medical records
• Ensures patient compliance for wartime readiness that includes necessary exams and equipment for patient deployment
• Provides training to members for wartime readiness and consideration for promotions
• Mentors subordinates to ensure proper compliance with medical and military standards
• Responsible for maintaining efficient work flow within the clinic
- Optometry Technician at U.S. Air Force Base Reserve Optometry Clinic
- Ophthalmic Technician at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Eye and Ear Institute
- Ophthalmology Technician at U.S. Air Force Base Reserve Optometry Clinic
- Pharmacy Technician, Outpatient Pharmacy at Little Rock Air Force Base Pharmacy
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- Doctor of Optometry - Optometry
- Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Studies - Liberal Studies
• Efficiently trained new doctors on current clinical processes and patient protocols.
• Successfully trained and assessed technicians on new procedures.
• Acts as a primary source of expertise, guidance, and support to a team of optometry technicians.
• Experience in performing diagnostic testing; measuring and recording vision; testing external ocular muscle movement; insertion and removal of contact lenses; and administering of ophthalmic medications.
•Scheduled patients for routine eye exams.
- Optometry Technician at U.S. Air Force
- Temporary Manager at Burger King
- Manager at Savers Thrift Shop
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Nursing
Greet visitors, field phone calls, answer questions, set appointments, register new patients and verify chart information with previous patients, accept payment for services, check eligibility with insurance companies over the phone and using their online database, settle accounts and process insurance claims, file records, practice patient confidentiality by adhering to HIPPA privacy policies, inventory and stock of office supplies and contacts lenses, use various machines to administer pre-tests.
- Optometry Technician/Office Administrator at Ettinger Optometry
- Front Desk at China Buffet
- Manager at Subway
- Mail Processing Clerk at United States Postal Service
10 months at this Job
- - Psychology
- Diploma - General Studies
• Preform preliminary examinations.
• Input and maintain accurate data entry of all relevant information into CRM tools using Practice Director.
• Manage inbound inquires over the phone and via email.
• Responsible for scheduling appointments via CRM tools.
• Perform sales techniques to promote companies' products and services.
• Achieve individual sales goals and supported achievement of location sales and margin goals.
• Demonstrate leadership and flexibility in motivational style to connect with patients.
• Utilize excellent customer service skills by identifying and fulfilling needs.
• Provide excellent service and established great rapport to maintain current accounts.
• Communicate daily to upper management and completed any specific task that was given.
• Vision Web submissions.
- Optometry Technician at Advanced Vision Care
- Optometry technician / Optical sales at World Vision
- Optometry Technician at Visionworks
10 years, 10 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
eye exams, Checking verification on insurance ,ordering contact lenses for patients ,Scheduling appointments and doing referrals and scheduling them for the ophthalmologist.
- Optometry Technician at National Vision, Inc.
- Sales Associate at Macys
- Caregiver at In home care
- Medical Assistant at Sacramento Occupational Medical Group
3 years at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
• Administer test to determine the visual capabilities of a patient.
• Prepare patients before and examination by gathering medical history, explaining the exam process.
• Answer telephone calls pertaining to scheduling and insurance information.
• Perform digital imaging of the retina to detect cancers, tumors, glaucoma, and early diseases.
- Optometry Technician at You and Eyes
- Bank Teller at J.P. Morgan & Chase
- Front-End Attendant at Shop-Rite Supermarkets
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Health Service Administration - Health Service Administration
- Associates of Arts