David Rincon is the founder of Cornerstone, a professional services firm focused on delivering Oracle
Core Technology expertise to its clients. As a Senior Oracle Consultant and Technologist David has
provided consulting expertise to many regional/national/international clients and leads the firm in
providing focused services in Oracle's Core Software and Hardware engineered systems. David also
served as a consultant instructor for Oracle University where he delivered the Oracle DBA Masters
Curriculum track at Oracle training facilities throughout the US. David has worked with Oracle Core
Technologies since 1992 in the deployment of applications, infrastructure and highly available systems.
Senior Systems Consultant
• Provide systems consultant services for client companies
• Datacenter Database Infrastructure Architecture Design, Deployment and Management
• Database Design and Modeling, Datamart and Data Warehouse Architecture for several enterprise
- Senior Oracle Consultant and Technologist David has at Oracle University
27 years at this Job
- B.S. in Computer Science - Computer Science
Designed, architect and implemented a highly secured, high available (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) enterprise cloud solution with high bandwidth, low latency, private and encrypted network connectivity from costumer datacentre to OCI Virtual cloud network (VCN) in Oracle public cloud. ◆ In-depth experience on OCI services including Compute, VCN, IAM (NAT Gateway, IGW, Remote/Local Peering gateways, Route tables, Security list, Service gateway, IPsec VPN, FastConnect, Object storage, Block Volumes, Database instances, Archive Storage). ◆ Successfully designed and implemented a secure, and fault tolerant cloud solution with HA and DR capabilities for major organizations in OCI. ◆ Used Oracle Identity Access Management Service (IAM) to consolidate and manage Authentication/Authorization for organisations through Federation. ◆ Used OCI Load Balancing service and implemented a public load balancer to manage and control the flow of traffic to multiple backend servers. ◆ Planned and implemented a dedicated, predictable low latency & high speed, encrypted connection between OCI and On-premises datacentre. ◆ Created compartments, groups, users and policies to manage OCI resources within Oracle cloud tenancies. ◆ Created on-demand backup/restore using OCI backup features. Implemented Gold backup policies to critical database systems and production databases. ◆ Planned and migrated multiple databases ranging from 40GB to 120TB from on-premises to Oracle Exadata on Oracle Cloud. Used RMAN, TTS, Data pump, OGG to migrate databases in real time. ◆ Migrated standalone databases to 8 nodes RAC cluster using Oracle Data guard, Data pump and RMAN Duplicate. ◆ Migrated multi-terabits of databases from on-premises to Oracle Exadata Cloud Service in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). ◆ Used Oracle Database as a Service (DBaas) to create database deployments. Performed database monitoring through Oracle Cloud tooling; DBaas monitor, SQL Web Console, Database service console, Apex console. ◆ Performed on-demand backups/recovery, database restart, database patching manually using dbaascli, bkup_api and RMAN on database deployment compute's node. ◆ Created security lists and configured communication between multiple database deployment instances in Oracle Cloud. ◆ Created access rules for non-default ports and established connection for non-default ports. Disabled/Enable connection to DBaas instances through predefines access rules and custom access rules. ◆ Scaled up database deployment to add compute shape (memory, cpu and storage) for database deployment in Oracle database as a service on Oracle Cloud. ◆ Patched databases using database as a service monitor to quickly patch, backup, recover, scale up and add storage volume to DBaas instances. ◆ Used the Oracle public user (OPC) to administer Oracle compute node; created new OS users on Oracle database as a service compute node. ◆ Complete installation and configuration of Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c on RHEL 7 including database software installation, repository database creation and cloud control 13c installation. ◆ Used OEM 13c to educate customer on administration like patch, monitoring/tuning, agent deployment on hosts, adding targets, stop/start databases, stop/start listeners. ◆ Created database deployment on Oracle Cloud using the Oracle 18c software edition. ◆ Installed and setup the Oracle Application Express (Apex 18.1) in both Oracle 12c and 18c. Created workspaces and users as project demands. ◆ Installed and used Oracle Golden Gate unidirectional to replicate data in real time for critical databases eliminating downtime to zero. ◆ Setup a physical standby database in Oracle Data guard. Configured data guard broker (DGMGRL) to administer and manage data guard configuration. Environment: Oracle 11gR2, 12cR1, 12cR2, 18c, Oracle DBaas, Exadata x5, x7, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7.4, OEM 13c.
- Sr Oracle Consultant at Oracle Corporation
- Information Technologies Specialist at Old Dominion University
- Oracle Database Administrator at United Launch Alliance
- Oracle Database Administrator at AT&T
6 months at this Job
Skills Used Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS), Oracle Identity Manager (OIM), Access Manager (OAM) Oracle VM x86, Oracle Virtual Network Fabric, Solaris, Remote Data Capture, and Linux.
- Oracle Consultant at ATGWORK
- Systems Analyst/ IT Specialist at A.W.A.R.E. Training Services
- Track and Field Assistant Coach at Albany State University
- Mail Processing Clerk at United States Postal Service
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- MS - Computer Information Systems
- Bachelors - Computer Science & Business
24 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Accounting
Responsibilities Created and enhanced Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures for existing application with a .NET front end Skills Used Oracle PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Informatica
- Oracle Consultant at SolutionSmiths
- Software Developer and Technical Tester at MGC Diagnostics
- ETL Software Developer II at Boston Scientific
- Programmer Analyst at Valspar
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Mass Communications
Assist with the implementation of Oracle Business Suite
• Train employees on how to use and understand their new Oracle System
• Assist in preparing data to be imported into the new Oracle System
• Creation of SQL queries and assessing data after implementation.
• Assist in diagnosing workstation and network issues at different locations.
- Oracle Consultant at Business & Decision
- Webmaster at The Liberty Club
- Easy Tech Associate at Staples
- Technician at Elite Networking & Consulting, LLC
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Science
Richmond, Virginia In support of GIS data integration for the Virginia Department of Transportation Planning Division: Created detailed procedures that synchronize verified GIS spatial data with existing Table Road Segment data, with calculated field updates, 'copy' segments, 'split' segments, deletes, and newly added segments. Created materialized views, tables and procedures in Oracle 12C, for the RNS and SHIPS database schemas for Prime, NonPrime and Local Pontis Traffic, which matched Final Projection Data with Table Road Segment data. Completed other ad hoc data and DB object compare requests.
- Oracle Consultant at Virginia Department of Transportation
- Lead Database Developer at Connexions Loyalty, Inc
- SQL Consultant at Magellan Medicaid Administration, Inc
- Oracle Consultant at Fahrenheit IT, Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- - MBA program in Information Systems
- - Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science/Bus. Admin
Implementation of Oracle Apps Financials (R12, 11i) in the modules of General Ledger, Account Payables, Account Receivables, Fixed Assets, Cash Management , I Procurement & Project accounting. Strong experience as a Functional Consultant for the Implementation of oracle Applications, Post Implementation functional production support in Oracle Financials. Professional expertise in independently configuring and customizing Financials Good understanding of business processes in industry. Systematic Approach, quick adaptability to new technologies. Ability to work with and motivate the team. Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, aggressive, and result oriented. Working experience in both India Localization & E Business Tax in R12.
- Oracle Consultant at Accenture
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance
Company, Miami, Florida, USA. (Apr 2013 - Till date)
About Client: Next Era Energy, is a Juno Beach, Florida-based power utility company serving roughly 4.8 million accounts and 10 million people in Florida. It generates, transmits, distributes and sells electric energy.
Currently working in production DBA support for fpl client as a senior Oracle database consultant.
• Migrate the on premise database to AWS Amazon cloud EC2 database through transportable tablespace.
• Configured GoldenGate 12c feature in production database end to end, Replication and Extracting data and applying on production using GoldenGate.
• Key member of the team for designing a solution with the use of Oracle Goldengate, which replicates the important energy related data within databases present in different states.
• Configured the streams replication unidirectional to maintain the data integrity between 10g databases.
• Analyze clustered/non-clustered index allocation and included columns, and optimization of query plans.
• Expertise in Oracle 12c/11g/10g - Installation, Upgrade, Patching with Opatch, Server Migration, licensing, storage planning, memory planning, storage allocation, configure database as per company standards.
• Set up Physical/Logical standby database, rebuilt the standby database rebuild using Cold backup, rebuilt standby using RMAN, switchover and failover the standby databases.
• Performance tuning, Memory tuning, SQL Tuning based on reports generated by SQL Trace, TKPROF, STATSPACK, Explain Plan, AWR, ADDM and monitor the database performance on daily basis.
• Maintained the databases of more than 20TB size, and databases with high end traffic
• End to End database creation for new application projects - includes requirement gathering, database storage planning, memory planning, storage allocation, database installation, configure database as per company standards.
• Partitioning tables with, range partitioning, interval partitioning and supported large partition tables. High knowledge in doing exchange partitioning of tables.
• Provide 24/7 support for the production and non-production database environments in AIX, LINUX, Solaris and windows environments.
• Handling production errors in remedy raised by users and auto managed Tivoli administrator, DB health analysis weekly, backup errors resolution, file system management and user management
- Senior Oracle Consultant at NextEra Energy
- Oracle Consultant at ABUDHABI COMMERCIAL BANK
- Oracle DBA at UNITED UTILITIES GROUP
- Junior Database Administrator at VODAFONE GROUP
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science
• Responsible for the installation, configuration, and administration of Oracle 11g databases that support GM big data and machine learning analytics research initiatives.
• Interact with North American production facilities to secure and accurately transfer data into the research database environment utilizing ELT and EDI processes.
• Source research data from existing GM Teradata and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) environments.
• Extensive use of SQL and PL/SQL to identify data required for researchers and create tables for analysis tools including MATLAB, R and Mathematica.
• Responsible for loading data to the Linux high performance computing (HPC) environment and setting up database connectivity.
- Oracle Consultant at General Motors Research & Development
- ORACLE CONSULTANT at Multiple Engagements
- Technical Leader / Subject Matter Expert at Hewlett-Packard (HP), Enterprise Services
- Technical Leader / Subject Matter Expert / Systems Analyst / Developer at Electronic Data Systems (EDS)
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting