Working as an Oracle Database Administrator from Dec 2016 to till now in Oracle India Pvt Ltd.
- Oracle Database Administrator at Prime Ki Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
3 years, 10 months at this Job
Oracle Database Administrator for the Network Enterprise Center - Redstone Arsenal (NEC-R) under the under the Army Logistics Transformation (ALT) contract. Primary responsibilities are providing ORACLE/SAP database administration (Oracle 11g/12c) for Production/QA/Dev systems running SAP on Oracle databases. Also to provide SQL Server backup DBA support for our clustered instances of SQL Server. The responsibilities include database design, administration, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, integration, backup/recovery, optimization, and problem resolution.
- Oracle Database Administrator at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
- Logistics Analyst IV at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
- at SAIC - NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- at SAIC - NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Primary Responsibilities: * Technical Lead for project to migrate 195 databases to Oracle Transparent Data Encryption * Managed over 200 Oracle databases on 11 Oracle 11g RAC systems * Enabled Advanced Compression on 170 existing tables and partitions on databases over 11 TB * Configured 11 Grids to support SSL connections to Oracle databases in a hybrid model * Wrote advanced Unix shell and PL/SQL scripts to automate the completion of project objectives * Performed TDE migrations for databases over 11 TB * Participated in on-call rotation and day to day DBA team work in an ITIL environment * Incident management resolution within very short SLAs * Created and configured databases according to customer specifications * Tuned RMAN and data pump jobs to complete in defined time windows * Refreshed nonproduction databases from production using Imp/Exp and RMAN clone * Acted as SME for Compression, TDE, SSL/TLS and scripting Position/Title: Oracle Database Administrator Primary Responsibilities: * Provided 24x7 on-call production database support on a rotating basis * Followed ITIL based processes of Request, Task, Incident, and Change Management and provides quick and professional response to meet SLA's * Supported databases residing on Oracle 9i, 10G R2, 11g R1, 11g R2 on Linux, HP-UX and Windows platforms * Supports RAC environments on 10G R2, 11G R1, 11G R2 * Wrote Unix shell and SQL scripts to automate database monitoring and administrative tasks * Provided database support and coordination of Oracle RAC infrastructure and database restores for Disaster Recovery exercises * Configures and ensures RMAN backups to tape (via TDP) and to disk * Install Oracle Clusterware, ASM, Label Security, RAC environments on 11G R1, 11G R2 and applies PSU's * Performs general maintenance tasks that include managing database space, ensuring backups, monitoring performance, capacity planning, database patching, and performance tuning * Fulfills customer requests that include security requests, database level restores (using RMAN backups and datafile copy backups), schema level restores (using datapump and export/import), and new database creation * Creates documentation for SOP's and other database related processes * Wrote PL/SQL scripts to archive over 15 thousand obsolete Oracle user accounts. * Represented the database administration team in operations as well as project activities * Refreshed development, stage and test databases with production data
- Senior Oracle Database Administrator at NTT DATA Services Federal, LLC
- Senior Oracle Database Administrator at Nokia Mobile Phones, Inc
- Senior Unix System Administrator at Citizens Communications
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Oracle Database Administrator supporting multiple databases for production, development, test and staging purposes on Windows, Linux and AWS.
• Refresh Dev and Test databases with data from Production on a regular basis using DataPump and RMAN.
• Debug PL/SQL packages, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
• Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN which includes hot backups and Cold backups.
• Performed backup and restores to S3 on AWS using RMAN, User managed scripts.
• Scheduling repetitive activities like gathering schema statistics, exports, table space usage reports, backups using crontab.
• Worked on ASM redundancy, Managing ASM disk failures & replace failed ASM disk with a new disk.
• Worked on instance level performance by monitoring and tuning for Event Waits, Sessions, Physical and Logical IO and Memory Usage.
• Implemented Oracle Advanced Security Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and managed TDE wallet.
• Managed Real Application Cluster(RAC) using SRVCTL, CRSCTL and ASMCMD commands
• Implemented Data Guard with high availability and regularly performed Data Guard failover tests using DG BROKER.
• Performed Database Tuning - Tuning involved I/O, Memory, CPU utilization, SQL Tuning, SGA tuning, Shared Pool tuning, Buffers and Disk I/O tuning using regular performance tuning tools like, STATSPACK, SQL*Trace, TKPROF, Explain plan, AWR and ADDM.
• Implemented ASM on RAC and stand-alone databases managing disks and disk groups.
• Creating, Configuring and Setting up of Recovery Catalog databases and registering target Databases with the Catalog.
• Assists in SQL tuning and providing recommendations and solutions such as creating Materialized views, adding indices, dropping unnecessary indices, using hints wherever possible, amongst others.
• Successfully Provisioned new environments following Company's SLA.
• Completed Pre and Post Deployments successfully following deployment guides
- Oracle Database Administrator at Accenture
- Oracle Database Administrator at Constellation Energy
- Oracle Database Administrator at Northwest Mutual
1 year at this Job
- BSc - LAW
• Database Administrator supporting three major projects from Dev to Prod through Tech-Test environments, involving daily configuration, administration all running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Database sizes range from 2GB to 5 TB
• Applies CPU/PSU Patches on ERP instance and Plain databases.
• Clones of Test/DEV instances from Production systems.
• Maintains Oracle11gR2 RAC high availability with ASM, file system with Cluster Stat and Grid infrastructure on Linux environments. Database reorganizations and refresh schema-using Export/Import. Creating the database, table spaces, Quotas, tables, indexes, setting privileges and user logins.
• Provides System support for both development and 24*7 production environments.
• Analyzes SQL queries causing performance problems in the database
• Creates, Configured, Upgraded and Administered 10.2.0.4/11.2.03 & 12.1 versions Oracle databases on Linux Red Hat and Cent OS on VMware and bare-metal environments
• Executes an upgrade of Oracle Database from 11g to 12c.
• Creates and configures new database server and database environments.
• Performs Monthly Re-org of complete databases using expdp and impdp
• Experience in monitoring and tuning system resources associated with the database performance, hit ratios, I/O, lock, and latch contention.
• Executes Disaster Recovery (DR) Plan Implemented using DATAGUARD (Physical Standby) for high availability/disaster recovery purpose on Oracle 11g.
• Performs DR switchover and failover operations.
• Participates in meetings for Project Updates/Project Enhancements/Trouble shooting periodically
• Maintains database and middleware/SOA layer performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases.
• Supports Oracle DB backups (online/offline), logical backups and Linux scripts, created clone databases, configured standby database, performed DBA day-to-day activities
• Troubleshoots installation errors both independently and with Oracle support (via My Oracle Support or metal link)
• Creates oracle databases on configured servers using both the DBCA & Database creation scripts.
• Manages, tune and troubleshoot database issues both on Linux command line, SQL*Plus, OEM client, Oracle 10g database control, oracle 10g Grid Control as well as other third party tools like TOAD, SQL Developer
• Monitors and performs database sizing, tablespace management and rollback tablespace management, transaction management and security administration
• Carryout Data migration between databases using both Oracle 10g and 11g export/import utility and Oracle 11g exp/imp data pump.
• Provides valuable inputs for various performance tuning issues.
• Expert in Performance Tuning and Monitoring of Oracle Databases on Linux/Unix platform using AWR , ADDM reports, Advisors as SQL tuning, SQL Advice, Undo, Segment, MTTR, Memory. Installation of 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 RAC databases on ASM and NFS file systems.
• Involves in design and enforcing of standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
• Refreshes schema using Export/Import. Created the database, tablespace, tables, indexes, set privileges and user logins
• Works on in house installation of Oracle on different platforms, loaded user data to reproduce the problem, applied new Oracle patch, managed database backup using RMAN, upgraded Oracle database 10.2.0.4 to 188.8.131.52
• Monitors database systems and provide technical support for database system issues and application performance enhancement/improvement using both OEM (client), Oracle 10g database control & SQL*Plus, as well as pre-developed Linux shell scripts. Tools Used: Oracle RMAN, Oracle 11g (184.108.40.206),OEM Grid control ,Data pump, AWR,SQL TRACE,BI PUB
- Oracle Database Administrator at SUBARU AUTOMOTIVE
- Oracle Database Administrator at MATERIAL IN MOTION (MIM) Fairbun
- Junior Oracle DBA at BOSTON SCIENTIFIC
- IT support Administrator at Target corp
3 years, 3 months at this Job
Atlanta) August 2016 - To-date
Oracle Database Administration
Responsible for the support and maintenance of the Oracle Infrastructure and Banner application.
• Oracle Database Administrator worked with Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) Banner Enterprise team to ensure client and Oracle database technologies are functioning as efficiently as possible.
• Deployed a virtual server running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Tomcat 8.
• Responsible for patching, upgrade, database trouble shooting and supporting development effort regarding production deployment releases, database schema, role, user, and objects, database hardening and baseline per security policy to improve database security.
• DB installation/upgrade from current deployment to dual data center active-active replication using Oracle GoldenGate.
• Perform Migrations, Clones and Upgrades of Banner Systems. Deployed monthly security patches and updates.
• Support includes responding to system management alerts, database maintenance, performance modifications and other database related issues and problems.
• Maintained Database availability 100% of the time for user roles validation and Manage database users at all levels.
• Initiated and managed several projects related to administrative Banner (Ellucian) user access. This included the development, implementation and documentation of these security programs and policies.
• Performed and monitored daily RMAN backup.
• Installed, configured and updated database hardware and software.
• Operated and maintained all integrated systems to support mission critical operations.
• Performed daily application updates and maintenance functions. Responded to after-hours trouble-calls.
• Responded to Tier 3 and Tier 4 trouble tickets. Managed, escalated and resolved issue tickets and calls.
• Created, Monitor, and ran audit queries to ensure compliance with the institution's policies and data integrity. Environment: Oracle Enterprise, Golden Gate, UNIX (Linux & AIX), Ellucian Banner, Evisions Argos Tomcat and VMware.
- Oracle Database Administrator at Robert Half Technology
- Tech at Pacific Institute
- Senior Oracle Database Consultant at FirstData
- Performance Engineer -Oracle Database Systems Diagnostics at Accenture
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.Sc. - Computer Information Systems
Worked as a team member for 24x7 support with on call rotation in all prod, QA and dev environments. ◆ Installed Oracle 12c software, created and administered multitenant databases (Container Databases) as well as integrated non 12c container databases into CDB's ◆ Experience working on POC of 12c new features like Redaction policy, adaptive query optimization, multiple indexes on single column, Restore table through RMAN etc. ◆ Performed database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, data refreshing, migration, backup and recovery, and performance tuning, on 9i,10g,11g and 12c database versions. ◆ Performed data reorganization, schema and data transfer using data pump impdp/expdp utility, SQL copy and SQL Loader. ◆ Installed, configured and managed Oracle 12c GoldenGate for data replication strategies between homogeneous and heterogeneous platforms, tailored data transformation for target platform ingestion with high performance and multi-threaded replication strategies. ◆ Monitored and performed database sizing, tablespace management datafile management. ◆ Used Oracle 12c Enterprise manager to monitor and report the Database health for over 100 databases ◆ Upgraded databases from 10g to 11g, 11g to 12c and minor version upgrades. ◆ Upgraded 11g Standalone databases to 11g 2-node RAC respectively as well as integrated single instance 11g databases to RAC servers using RCONFIG. ◆ Installation and creation of 11g databases for Testing & Development on both IBM-AIX and Linux environment in OLTP, Decision Support System Data Warehousing environment. * Oracle Enterprise, manager 12c , and 13c installation, configuration ◆ SQL tuning - AWR history of SQL Execution, index recommendations, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Access Advisor, Real Time SQL Monitoring, Interpret Execution plans, Re-write more efficient SQLs. ◆ Some experience working with Microsoft SQL Server to create databases, creating and managing users accounts and Migration. ◆ Handled High volume production databases around 6 TB size along with Physical standby databases ◆ Automated many common tasks using Crontab including Backups, exports and imports. ◆ Experienced in managing Change Data Capture (CDC) in Data warehousing from OLTP to OLAP. ◆ Performed Data file Recovery from logical and physical block corruptions ◆ Expert on Cluster management, event management, application management, connection management, storage management, load balancing and availability. ◆ Continuous proactive and reactive monitoring of performance during peak and non-peak hours using AWR reports, ASH, ADDM, and Optimization SQL code using SQL Trace, TKPROF, Explain plan etc. ◆ Partitioning strategies for very large tables. Implemented Range, List, Hash and various Sub Partitions, Create and schedule refresh for materialized views. ◆ Work with Oracle Data Pump (expdp and impdp) which provides high speed, parallel, bulk data and metadata movement of Oracle database contents. ◆ Management of schema objects, partitioning of tables & indexes and performing SQL*Loader jobs for loading data from flat files (ETL) and Oracle Database monitoring, troubleshoot and resolve the issues. ◆ Monitoring growth of tables and undertaking necessary re-organization of database, capacity planning. ◆ Designed the logical and physical database structure and involved in Logical, Physical data modeling. ◆ Provided support to developers supporting over 40 applications being accessed users and customers to enhance their SQL, PL/SQL code and responsible for setting up of new user accounts, schema Deployments and related user administrative tasks. ◆ Successful configuring Oracle Data Guard Physical Standby database. ◆ Initiatively implemented proactive monitoring using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN. ◆ Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager). ◆ Migrated databases from Microsoft Windows Server to Red Hat Enterprise Linux using cross platform transportable tablespace and RMAN Cross-Platform Database Migration. ◆ Migrated 12c databases to Oracle Cloud and Worked on AWS to create VPC, EC2 Instances, Security Groups, S3 Buckets and AWS Hub to migrate from on premise to Cloud. ◆ Responsible for implementing and overseeing enterprise database security standards and ensuring compliancy with the corporate IT change management process ◆ Assisted Linux systems administrator with aspects related to database hosting; researched on new technologies, analyzed software publications so we meet compliance, contacted vendors for support, reading publications on new tools or software's to recommended for purchase
- Oracle Database Administrator at Lexicon Pharmaceuticals
- Database Administrator (Oracle) at Accruent, LLC
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Science
Commerce One's hosting facility in Laurel is a 24 x 7 data center that provides database services for multitudes and diversified companies. Always on call by cell phone, providing database administrative and application monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery and other database related issues. Managing over 60 databases (Oracle and some SQL Server instances), responsibilities include:
➢ Collaborating with the system Administrator to configure any software and hardware requirements that will function with the Oracle Database.
➢ Creating and configuring Oracle Databases using Oracle Database Configuration Assistant or manually by using scripts such as CATALOG.SQL, CATPROC.SQL, CATAUDIT.SQL and the organization and easy identification of database files using the OFA database configuration method.
➢ Installing and configuring of Oracle 10g and 11g Enterprise Manager (OEM) on LINUX and Windows NT platform.
➢ Creating database objects Tablespaces, Application Users, Database schemas, profiles, granting privileges and roles, and creating database links.
➢ Resizing, cloning, moving, Partitioning and stripping tablespaces, Tables, Indexes and rollback segments as the case might be.
➢ Implementing data change requests (DCR).
➢ Analyzing Tables, Indexes and Clusters against chained and migrated rows and providing solutions.
➢ Data migrating using Data Pump and SQL*Loader either interactively or batch mode.
➢ Monitoring database growth, creating objects, administering users and tuned expensive SQL statements
➢ Upgrading 11g databases to 12c
➢ Create and manage Container Databases and Pluggable databases
➢ Apply Critical Patch Updates and PSU's
➢ Analyzing data growth trends for capacity and resource planning.
➢ Designing, testing, implementing and documenting database migration procedures including export/import, migration utility
- Oracle Database Administrator at Bereans Technology
8 years at this Job
Assisting ORACLE customers troubleshooting technical difficulties.
● Testing potential bugs and submitting pre-defects.
● Answering technical questions.
● Updating/Creating technical support documents.
● Certified ORACLE Database Associate for 11g
- Oracle Database Administrator Support Engineer at ORACLE
- Dorm Counselor at Waypoint Central Academy
- Industrial Technician at Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC's
- Fire Control Technician at U.S. Navy
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- none - Computer Science
- - electronics
- - Computer networking
Write, execute and monitor shell scripts for backups using RMAN Full, L0 & L1 backups and Data Pump for 24/7 database using crontab.
• Assist development teams in identifying SQL queries that consume high resources and resolving blocks and deadlocks in order to optimize data concurrency.
• Manage data concurrency and wait events by identifying SQL statements that are consuming heavy resources and provide support to development team.
• Enroll users and maintain system security by management of application users through control of their account status and privileges & roles and review user grants to restrict access to certain Data Dictionary of the database.
• Configure database security from vulnerabilities from incoming requests through IP based restrictions to specific application servers.
• Modify necessary database structure by application developers especially in tablespace management.
• Control and monitor access to the database and do regular database audits if schemas, grants etc.
• Review AWR Reports and ADDM to diagnose Performance Tuning related issues.
• Perform data migration from one environment to another using Data Pump and Transportable Tablespaces for application developers.
• Perform Hot & Cold Database Cloning using Data Pump.
• Perform data refreshes at database, schema & table level using RMAN and Data Pump.
• Enable Password Management for all database logins from the default login settings by designing password policies
• Work with application developers in managing tablespace and undo segments such as flashbacks and to resolve inconsistent reads.
• Work with team to configure standby databases for data guard to ensure high availability, data protection & disaster recovery.
• Configure servers and install Oracle 12c to use ASM storage.
• Configure Oracle Client 11g and 12c on servers for application and administrator users.
• Apply Oracle Database Security quarterly patches
- Oracle Database Administrator - AVANT at AVANT-GUARD GROUP LLC
- Oracle Database Administrator at BEST ALTER SOLUTIONS INC
- IT Systems Security Assessor at PROSCROW LLC
- IT Risk Analyst at KIA MOTORS
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - LL.B Law
- MBA - Business Administration