Location: New Jersey/New York Start Date: July 2017 End Date: May 2019 Reason for Leaving: End of Contract Position: Oracle Database Developer Job Summary: Worked as an Oracle Database Developer. Helped in translating user requirements into Database objects such as tables, views, packages and stored procedures. Created processes such as ECR2 Quota and Inspection Entry processes. Created SDD for technical requirements. Analyzed needed database objects to incorporate 2 agencies (LIRR and MNR) into creation of one working system ECR2 which needs to make work existing applications from ECR and ETS systems.
- Oracle Database Developer at Georgia IT
- Oracle Applications Technical Developer (Programmer) at New York City Housing Development Corporation
- Financial Accounting Hub Consultant at Marsh & McLennan
- Oracle Applications Technical Developer (Programmer) at RJT Compuquest
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Science
Project Scope: Data Architecture Design and Implementation
• Analyze and Designed Oralcle database in relation to customer complaints.
• Create and implement security views corresponding to products.
• Work with MicroStrategy reporting team to conduct weekly/monthly and yearly dashboards.
• Analyze and write complex SQL queries with performance tuning and data retrieval.
• Write views, functions and procedures in PL/SQL in order provide data to different groups across the bank while preserving security and access controls through roles and privileges.
• Work closely with DBAs in order to refresh data from production to lower environments (DEV, UAT, IST).
• Monitor data replication through Golden Gate and ensure data flow is occurring in real time for best results.
• Communicate with DBAs, Business analysts and project managers in order to define projects in scope and expected resolutions.
• Work with reporting managers and developers in order to maintain coding best practices and data retrieval in the most efficient way possible.
• Work with UAT testers and business users in order to complete their sign off on testing plans and results.
• Construct logical and physical designs across multiple databases and provide recommendation, tools used Toad data modeler and MS Access.
• Resolved issues through JIRA tickets and communicate with different partners to achieve a proper solution.
• Attend daily meetings including weekly status and various discussions. Tools Used: TOAD For Oracle, SQL Developer, JIRA, SUBVERSION, Golden Gate, Toad data modeler.
- Oracle Database Developer at Wells Fargo Bank. California
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer at Infinity Property & Casualty Corporation
- Oracle PL-SQL Developer/ETL Developer at BBVA Compass Bank
- Oracle Developer at Qualifacts Systems Inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
Position: Full Time (Permanent) May 2008 - May 2019
• Involved in Support, Maintenance and Development of the existing RETEK (RMS) system; this system contains lots of modules like Organization and Merchandising hierarchy related modules, Item, Order Maintenance modules, Price change modules; which will support the business in Retail environment using the Oracle Forms environment
• Along with the existing RETEK system, I have involved to develop lots of customized modules to support and improve our Retails stores business; which are located in various states all around the USA
• Involved in developing the Allocation System to allocate the Order items based on the Store's sales history and various calculative methodology to maintain the Store's inventory on regular basis
• Involved in developing the Coupon System to improve the Store's sales and attractive the customers to buy the product in our retail stores very often
• Involved in the Promotion / BOGO (Deals) system to improve the sales in our retails stores. The process participates in sending lots of Item level information to more than 880 stores over night process. Since this process are involved over 500K item level information has to be send to the 880 stores, it will be a great exposure to me to worked on the system development and handle the large volume of the data as very often
• I have acquired lots of business and systems developed knowledges while worked on the various other POS (Point of Sales) system, Sales and Inventory System, MDO (Markdown Optimization) system, Support and Monitoring of the Retek Integration Bus (RIB) concepts that are common to all Retek applications on the RIB system, and OMS (E-Commerce Order) system
• Involved in System Study, Design and Development of various programming modules like Orders, Allocations, Item Maintenance, Promotions, DEALS, PCMS, Price Change, Sales, and Coupons systems
• Involved in Preparing of System's HLD (High Level Design) Documentations, Unit Test Documents and User Documentations for the various systems; which are as part of our Retail business environment
• Involved in System Study, Design, Development and implement solutions provided to various programming modules like Orders, Allocations, Item Maintenance, Promotions, PCMS, Coupons in Retail Industries
• Involved in strong tuning skills of SQL and PL/SQL codes, database packages and procedures in the Oracle RDBMS
• Managing the 100s of batch programs in AUTOSYS Batch control on Unix instance
• Involved in creating Database Design (Physical and logical) as per the requirement given by business
• Involved to develop the complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and inline views to retrieve data from the Oracle database environment
• Involved in UNIX Shell Scripting to automate procedure execution from Solaris UNIX servers
• Involved in developing an AUTOSYS JIL scripts for scheduling jobs and managing critical paths
• Involved in creating end users to run ad-hoc reports and analysis as per business requirement model in the Oracle OBIEE dashboard tool; which is part of Oracle BI Presentation layer services. That enables Interactive dashboards are pixel perfect reports which can be directly viewed or printed by end users Technology/Platform: Oracle 11g/10g/9i Database, Oracle Developer Suites 11g/10g/6i (Forms / Reports) on Oracle Application server 9i /10g/11g on Sun Solaris Unix, Toad for Oracle Version 22.214.171.124, PL/SQL Developer, Advance PL/SQL, SQL Performance Tuning, SQL*Loader, Windows Client, FTP, Telnet for Unix, PVCS / SVN source control, Oracle OBIEE, AUTOSYS Batch Control Tools, and Unix shell / Pearl script, ServiceNow Dashboard tools, Agile software development (Scrum / Sprint / Kanban Board) methodology in DEVOPS Environment using the Jira, Git Hub, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins / TeamCity (CI), Maven (Build Automation Tool), SonarQube, Docker, Tomcat (Container Web server) using the AWS and Azure Cloud services
- Senior Oracle Database Developer at Specialty Retailer Inc
- Consultant at Atlanta Housing Authority (AHA) - Government
- Consultant at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc
11 years at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Physics - Physics
The UAS is an application for generating various reports to analyze field performance of tires based on returned tires. All Goodyear regions submit data and then utilize the UAS's analysis capabilities. The UAS has one central Oracle database in Akron, supporting regional or global analysis.
The users use a web-based, single global application via Goodyear Global Web (GGW). Requested reports are sent as e-mail Excel file attachments to the requester. The UAS database also allows a restricted number of users to do ad-hoc reporting. Responsibilities:
• Extensively work on Production issue reported in UAS.
• Prepaid Business requirement/Technical Design Documentation.
• Analysis of data to resolve various production and QAT bug fixes
• Extensively work on developing and modifying complex PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Cursors and Triggers to implement business rules into the application.
• Work extensively on Complex SQL scripts which are using for reporting purpose.
• Bug fixing and enhancements if needed in production.
• Export and import of database objects using Data pump utilities EXPDP and IMPDP.
• Migrated data from Flat Files to Oracle database using SQL*Loader and External tables.
• User Oracle APEX utility to load one-time historical data.
• Modified existing Oracle APEX reports.
• Created and managed primary data base objects such as Tables, Indexes, Sequences, and Synonyms, materialized views.
• Created PL/SQL program units to include DML, DDL statements using Dynamic SQL.
• Force run the job, if a job fails to complete.
• Developed user documentation for all the application modules. Also, responsible for writing test plan documents and unit testing for the application modules.
• Generated DDL scripts and Created and modified database objects such as tables, views, sequences, functions, synonyms, indexes, packages, stored procedures using SQL Developer tool.
• Provides skills and performs tasks related to technical developments.
• Used Bulk collect and Forall in stored procedures to improve the performance and make the application to run faster
• Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate table creation, execute procedures
• Work closely with the User to get requirements.
• Analyzing the programming requirements, organizing and prioritizing those developments.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issue during development.
• Manage change via an established change management process.
• Coordinating with the Offshore Resources on an everyday basis.
• Involve in Code Reviews and walk through meetings.
• Prepared UNIX shell script for the transfer of files from FTP to SFTP. Environment: Oracle 10g,11g, 12c Oracle Forms 6i,11g, SQL Developer, Windows XP, Pl/SQL, SQL, SVN, HP Service Manager, JIRA.
- Sr. Oracle Database Developer at Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co
- Oracle Database Developer at JP MORGAN CHASE
- Sr Oracle PL/SQL Developer/Cognos Developer at US BANK
- Jr. Oracle Database Developer at FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS
1 year, 6 months at this Job
Project(s): MB Acquisition, Greensky Environment: OFSA, Oracle 12C, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad for Oracle, Flat Files, Unix, Cron Scheduler.
• Created Technical Specification document for MB Acquisition products into OFSA.
• Conducted meetings with Upstream Source systems, downstream applications for information new changes and impacts.
• Designed on-boarding of each of the individual MB products: Loans, Leases, Mortgages, Deposits into respective Fifth Third Products.
• Hands-on Creation of Oracle Database Tables for storing account level information of MB Accounts and converted FTB's.
• Created new Tables for storing MB's FTP files data.
• Developed Oracle SQL*Loader
• Developed Triggers for capturing audit data and writing them to audit tables.
• Used Cursors for translating complex business requirements to technical requirements.
• Created Oracle Stored procedures for writing complex logic involving writing of Fund Transfer Price(FTP) rates from MB's products and applying them to FTB's newly accounts.
• Involved in meeting/Planning sessions Comprising of all stake holders for understanding the Business requirements and Designing Technical Specification Document for the design and building of application basing off Functional Spec built on Business Requirements.
• Created Technical Design Document and other informational documents based of Functional Design Document and Business Requirement Documents for Design, Analysis, Development and Deployment into Higher environments from Development.
• Worked Closely with BA(Business Analyst), LOB(Line of Business), Project Manager, Upstream and Downstream teams for efficient Design, Development, Efficient Communication and Delivery of Application.
• Create new Oracle PL/SQL objects like: Views, Functions, Stored Procedures for implementing business logic to facilitate data manipulation operations for Calculating Fund Transfer Pricing(FTP).
• Created New Greensky Instrument, Instrument History and Margin Lookup tables.
• Created control(.ctl), .bad,.log files for mapping source extract files to load table fields, to store bad records from extract file and debugging information respectively for loading upstream extract files to Instrument tables using Oracle Utility, SQL*LOADER.
• Created New Setups in OFSA(Oracle Financial Services Analyzer) Modules: Financial Data Manger Admin(FDMA), Balance and Control(B&C), Transfer Pricing(TP), Performance Analyzer(PA) to facilitate FTP calculation.
• For FTP and LCR (Liquidity Coverage Ratio) calculation built process within oracle using PL/SQL Objects like: Tables, Triggers, Sequences for facilitating
• Deliver and troubleshoot PL/SQL Anonymous Blocks, Packages, Procedures, Functions, Tables and other Database objects for analyzing and Troubleshooting whenever necessary.
• Developed new Shell scripts for the purpose of Data loads to Instrument table, Enable debugging and Analyzing Instrument tables.
• Created New Shell scripts for FTP, Priors calculation where in Oracle database objects, OFSA executables are invoked.
• Developed SQL*Loader Control files for data mapping from source flat files to Oracle tables for loading data.
• Implemented Cash flows using Oracle Financial Analyzer(OFS) invoked with in with Shell script.
• Implemented FTP calculation of new instrument using OFS there by invoking Stored procedures within the newly created shell script.
• Automated the running of shell executables using Cron scheduler within unix.
• Performed unit testing of newly created Objects: Database, Unix to see if they're developed and working in accordance with functional Requirements.
• Creating of Anonymous blocks for loading data according to business needs: To set-up Reference data in higher environments, Data to be derived from existing tables and need to inserted into ref tables.
• Used Oracle Utility Explain_Plan to look into plan/path, cost consumed. Based on information, used optimizer hints and Created indexes, Partition etc to improve efficiency of a query, there-by performance.
• Involved in creation of test plans, perform unit testing and to help QA team in test case creation and also fixing any defects found as part of QA testing. Also supported users in UAT.
• Being a Valuable member of the team, Communicated with all the stake holders and other team members for Successful task completion in Optimal time.
• Debugging logs for trouble shooting issues, finding the cause and applying the fix.
Project(s): MB Acquisition, Greensky
Environment: OFSA, Oracle 12C, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad for Oracle, Flat Files, Unix, Cron Scheduler.
- Oracle Database Developer at Fifth Third Bank
- at State Street
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- - pre-planning and planning sessions comprising of Users
Compass Data warehouse)
CDW is a data warehouse, which serves as central data repository from EPA's various feeder systems. EPA uses CDW for their reporting needs. Various OCFO systems like PeoplePlus, Bankcard, Travel card, CPS, IDOTS, IGMS, SPITS are different sources that integrate the data into CDW through several interfaces. It facilitates data consumption by downstream applications. The major consumer of CDW are Web Inquiries, SCORPIOS and CBOR.
CDW Web Application has set of canned restricted and unrestricted reports called web inquires which are available to EPA users. Responsibilities:
• Responsible to handle O&M tasks including analysis, debug, resolution and unit testing
• Resolve remedy tickets, identify defects and create defect fix forms, and support creation of Change Requests (CRs).
• Analyze and Implement new enhancements and bug fixes.
• Perform Quality Assurance testing and coordinate UAT for bug fixes and enhancements.
• Responsible for creating Production deployment cheat sheet and Creating build forms using Serena/ PVCS,
• Peer Reviews.
• Used Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) to load data in the databases.
• Determine database and reporting impacts due to proposed change requests including implications on downstream systems.
• Diagnose and resolve database performance issues related to reports and/or queries.
• Gather, analyze and document business requirements.
• Follow EPA/OTS Configuration Management (CM) Processes.
- Oracle Database Developer-CDW at Environmental Protection Agency
- PL/SQL Developer - ECHO at Indus Corporation
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Masters in Computers - Computers
- Bachelors in Mathematics - Mathematics
• Worked with large amounts of data in an Exadata environment to process data delivered to an external table or staging table. Massaged the data to conform to our data warehouse standards. Aggregated data to enable ease of reporting.
• Participated in code reviews, both as a reviewer and as the subject of the review, to ensure code conformed to our layout, naming conventions, syntax and logic.
• Maintained scheduled job execution using Automic scheduling tool; job schedule ran 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Oracle Database Developer at Giant Eagle
- Oracle Database Developer at Genco, a Fed Ex Company
- Real Estate Developer at
- Database Developer (Internship) at Ethix Systems
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems - Management Information Systems
Remote/Teleworking Enterprise Data Services team consulting services.
- IT Consultant/Oracle Database Developer at Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Sr Database Developer at Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Database Developer at Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Systems Developer at Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - MIS
In this position I would log into the company site daily and traverse to where the client database was location, many times this was at the client site. I worked primarily with Oracle 12c developing PL/SQL Procedures to merge client's banking data into their existing database environment for Fiserv's in-house DNA Application. This position required collaboration with business analysts who provided the detailed business rules for writing of operational code in the Oracle environment. It is a very fast paced environment that requires banking experience. In order to assist in performance improvement, I proposed Version Control application, Agile Project Management and coding standards which they have yet to adopt. This position offered many opportunities to improve current programming environment. This was a 6-month contract that came to an end.
In this position I would log into the company site daily and traverse to where the client database was location, many times this was at the client site. I worked primarily with Oracle 12c developing PL/SQL Procedures to merge client's banking data into their existing database environment for Fiserv's in-house DNA Application. This position required collaboration with business analysts who provided the detailed business rules for writing of operational code in the Oracle environment. It is a very fast paced environment that requires banking experience. In order to assist in performance improvement, I proposed Version Control application, Agile Project Management and coding standards which they have yet to adopt. This position offered many opportunities to improve current programming environment.
This was a 6-month contract that came to an end.
- Fiserv Connecticut - Contract Work from Home Position - Oracle Database Developer at Fiserv Banking
- Senior Oracle Database Developer at RedFlex Traffic Systems
- Solutions Analyst (Contract) at UnitedHealth Group
- Database Developer at U.S. SCRIPT
6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science degree - Management of Business Information Systems
- Associates of Applied Science degree - Computer Science
• 13+ years of experience in information technology with expertise in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX and ETL / ELT Tools in Data warehousing environment in RETAIL and Banking Domains. Experienced in Oracle -Retail suite, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 11g/12c.
• Oracle certified Oracle Data Integrator (12c) Sales and Pre Sales specialist.
• AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
• Expertise in Amazon Web Services RDS, Data migration Services and Data warehousing solution from AWS Amazon Redshift.
• Expertise in SQL, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Packages and Triggers, Tables, Indexes, Constraints, Materialized Views in Oracle 12c / 11g / 10g / 9i Databases.
• Effectively made use of Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re-Write.
• Experience in query optimization; performance tuning (PL/SQL) using SQL Trace, Explain Plan, TKPROF, Indexing, Hints, Bulk Binds, Bulk Collect, Creation of global temporary tables and table partitioning.
• Working experience on various domains like Retail and Finance.
• Experience with Data flow diagrams, Data dictionary, Database normalization theory techniques, Entity relation modeling and design techniques.
• Expertise in all phases of SDLC including requirement analysis, database design, application design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
• Good experience of Performance Analysis and SQL Query Tuning, while designing scalable applications from scratch and maintaining existing ones.
• Solid experience in writing complex SQL queries and procedures to extract data from various source tables.
• Regular activities like Backup & Recovery, Capacity Planning, Database Performance Tuning, Memory Tuning, Security Administration, Space Management and Index management.
• Experience in Oracle supplied packages, Dynamic SQL, Records and PL/SQL Tables.
• Experience in Oracle Cursor Management and Exception Handling.
• Worked extensively on Ref Cursor, External Tables and Collections.
• Excellent knowledge in Designing, Developing, Documenting and Testing of ETL jobs.
• Strong Data warehousing expertise dealing with large amounts of data; transforming data using ETL/ELT tools like Informatice and ODI to gain actionable insights for various reporting purposes
• Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
• Excellent technical and analytical writing skills and able to interpret complex business rules to create Business requirements document (BRD), Functional specifications document (FSD), use case specifications and process modeling using UML (use cases, sequence and activity diagrams etc.)
• Experience in migration of source code using version control systems like Subversion (SVN) and BitBucket.
• Excellent Team Player to work in conjunction with testers (QA and offshore), developers and other team members in validation and testing of complex project scenarios and in maintenance of Quality Standards of products.
• Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to assist enterprises in making critical decision.
• Well versed in working with onsite coordinators and client partners. Have spent 5 years at Client Side in UK /Singapore/US as Subject Matter Expert of various client applications.
• Wipro Certified 'Learning champion'.
• BNK 101, BNK 201, RETAIL 101 Certified.
- Oracle Database Developer/Integrator at Ross Dress for Less
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - ECE