The UAS is an application for generating various reports to analyze field performance of tires based on returned tires. All Goodyear regions submit data and then utilize the UAS's analysis capabilities. The UAS has one central Oracle database in Akron, supporting regional or global analysis.
The users use a web-based, single global application via Goodyear Global Web (GGW). Requested reports are sent as e-mail Excel file attachments to the requester. The UAS database also allows a restricted number of users to do ad-hoc reporting.
• Extensively work on Production issue reported in UAS.
• Prepaid Business requirement/Technical Design Documentation.
• Analysis of data to resolve various production and QAT bug fixes
• Extensively work on developing and modifying complex PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Cursors and Triggers to implement business rules into the application.
• Work extensively on Complex SQL scripts which are using for reporting purpose.
• Bug fixing and enhancements if needed in production.
• Export and import of database objects using Data pump utilities EXPDP and IMPDP.
• Migrated data from Flat Files to Oracle database using SQL*Loader and External tables.
• User Oracle APEX utility to load one-time historical data.
• Modified existing Oracle APEX reports.
• Created and managed primary data base objects such as Tables, Indexes, Sequences, and Synonyms, materialized views.
• Created PL/SQL program units to include DML, DDL statements using Dynamic SQL.
• Force run the job, if a job fails to complete.
• Developed user documentation for all the application modules. Also, responsible for writing test plan documents and unit testing for the application modules.
• Generated DDL scripts and Created and modified database objects such as tables, views, sequences, functions, synonyms, indexes, packages, stored procedures using SQL Developer tool.
• Provides skills and performs tasks related to technical developments.
• Used Bulk collect and Forall in stored procedures to improve the performance and make the application to run faster
• Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate table creation, execute procedures
• Work closely with the User to get requirements.
• Analyzing the programming requirements, organizing and prioritizing those developments.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issue during development.
• Manage change via an established change management process.
• Coordinating with the Offshore Resources on an everyday basis.
• Involve in Code Reviews and walk through meetings.
• Prepared UNIX shell script for the transfer of files from FTP to SFTP. Environment: Oracle 10g,11g, 12c Oracle Forms 6i,11g, SQL Developer, Windows XP, Pl/SQL, SQL, SVN, HP Service Manager, JIRA.
- Sr. Oracle Database Developer at Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co
- Oracle Database Developer at JP MORGAN CHASE
- Sr Oracle PL/SQL Developer/Cognos Developer at US BANK
- Jr. Oracle Database Developer at FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS
1 year, 1 month at this Job
• Working with Business Analysts and customers to understand and validate end-user requirements.
• Create and document technical designs to achieve project requirements.
• Create and develop Oracle database objects as described in approved design specifications.
• Prepare and review unit test plans and execute unit testing.
• Modify, enhance and maintain applications as required.
• Maintain integrity of all applications, by adhering to Ditech SDLC methodology and development standards
• Resolved system problems by automating manually simulated tasks in a timely manner.
• Provide end-user support for assigned applications (Includes some on-call support during non-business hours)
• Use Jira for bug tracking.
• Use TFS for source control.
- Oracle Database Developer at Ditech
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer / Technical Analyst at BI World Wide
- Oracle Application Consultant at JPMorgan Chase
- Senior Programmer Analyst at Ucare
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Participated in the analysis, monitor, and development of DoD contract-ATP project for Dept. of Defense and by using PL/SQL, SQL, AWR, Expalin plan, Data pump, Data warehouse, OLTP, OLAP, performance tunning, TKPROF, AWR, created and implemented ER models and dimensional models (star schemas) by ERWIN logical and physical model designs, Rman, RAC, OLAP, OBIEE, ETL and Oracle10g and 11g Database.
• Support the Social Security Administration project for maintain the group of databases by using Oracle 11g and 10g, Oracle Enterprise Manager, VPDB, OID, RMAN, RAC on Unix system and IBM system. Oracle 12c DBA training classes.
• Responsible for implementation with pl/sql programming, Agile Project Management, Oracle report, Unix shell scripts, modify function on the procedures, functions, and packages on the data warehousing database.
- Oracle Database Developer, DBA at WDC LLC
- Oracle Database Developer, DBA at WDC LLC. Collins Consulting LLC
- Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) at Lockheed Martin
- Oracle Application Developer/DBA, System Administrator at American Cyber System, Inc
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- M.S., Computer Science - Economics
Project Scope: Data Architecture Design and Implementation
• Analyze and Designed Oralcle database in relation to customer complaints.
• Create and implement security views corresponding to products.
• Work with MicroStrategy reporting team to conduct weekly/monthly and yearly dashboards.
• Analyze and write complex SQL queries with performance tuning and data retrieval.
• Write views, functions and procedures in PL/SQL in order provide data to different groups across the bank while preserving security and access controls through roles and privileges.
• Work closely with DBAs in order to refresh data from production to lower environments (DEV, UAT, IST).
• Monitor data replication through Golden Gate and ensure data flow is occurring in real time for best results.
• Communicate with DBAs, Business analysts and project managers in order to define projects in scope and expected resolutions.
• Work with reporting managers and developers in order to maintain coding best practices and data retrieval in the most efficient way possible.
• Work with UAT testers and business users in order to complete their sign off on testing plans and results.
• Construct logical and physical designs across multiple databases and provide recommendation, tools used Toad data modeler and MS Access.
• Resolved issues through JIRA tickets and communicate with different partners to achieve a proper solution.
• Attend daily meetings including weekly status and various discussions. Tools Used: TOAD For Oracle, SQL Developer, JIRA, SUBVERSION, Golden Gate, Toad data modeler.
- Oracle Database Developer at Wells Fargo Bank. California
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer at Infinity Property & Casualty Corporation
- Oracle PL-SQL Developer/ETL Developer at BBVA Compass Bank
- Oracle Developer at Qualifacts Systems Inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
Environment: Windows, Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Toad. ◆ Implemented database dictionary for Auto Process System database (IT services management system that involved in setting control and governance on the business processes) through designing, implementing tables, views, stored procedures, indexes using Oracle 11g.
- Freelance Oracle Database Developer at Self Employed
- Freelance Database Trainer at Self Employed
- Sales Associate at Wal-Mart Supercenter
- SQL Developer at Mid-Level PL
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Computer Science
Rockville, MD. (client is United States Food and Drug Administration - FDA) 2/2018 - 9/2018
Oracle PL/SQL Database Developer/Analyst.
• All Oracle work done on an Oracle 12g database. Design, Coding, Analysis, testing, performance tuning.
• Investigate and tune Oracle scripts with a "Contains" clause, to search for text document data.
• Loaded source data (flat data files, zip and XML files) into Oracle database tables using SQL Loader and a custom built front end application for the FDA.
• Created Oracle PL/SQL procedures, packages, design, code, test and implement solutions using Oracle PL/SQL, SQL tuning of complex queries, DDL scripts, creating indexes on tables, UNIX and Linux shell scripts, SQL scripts.
• Create faster spooling solutions for extracting Oracle table data into text and XML flat files.
- Oracle PL/SQL Database Developer/Analyst at MomentoUSA, for The Chickasaw Nation Industries
- Oracle PL/SQL Database Developer/Analyst at The Computer Merchant LTD
- Oracle PL/SQL Database Developer/Analyst at Assurety Consulting Inc
- Oracle Database Developer at US Information Technologies Inc, (USIT)
10 months at this Job
- - Engineering
- - Engineering
- Degree, Computer Science - Computer Science
- Associates - Computer Science
• Working as Sr. Data Engineer to support modeling the Claims Data Warehouse 501 Data Model using Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler and ERStudio Architect 17.0 to update and modify the logical and physical data models of the Medicare SSN card replacement project (SSNRI).
• Continuing to work as a Sr. Oracle Database Developer in the Application Development Organization (ADO) team to support the Deliverable and Data Submission Tool (DDST) project for Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
• Analyzing data and writing scripts to fix Production data problems.
- Sr. Data Engineer & Sr. Oracle Database Developer at SemanticBits
- Sr. Oracle Database Developer at MAXIMUS (2020LLC/ACENTIA)
- Sr. Oracle Developer at TSymetry (Accenture/DHS)
- Sr. Oracle Developer at Binary Information Technology (EEOC)
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- MS in Database Technologies - Database Technologies
- BS in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- AS in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- BS in Automation and Electronics Engineering - Automation and Electronics Engineering
• Created Fit package to create list of eligible pensioners. Oracle Pl/SQL 11 g is used.
• Cleaned up and normalized PBGC oracle database.
- Oracle Database Analyst/DBA at Primescape Solutions, Inc
- Programmer Analyst III at CACI International Inc
- Programmer Analyst III, L3 at CACI International Inc
- Database/Record Manager at The National Academy of Sciences
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
- - Graduate
Commerce One's hosting facility in Laurel is a 24 x 7 data center that provides database services for multitudes and diversified companies. Always on call by cell phone, providing database administrative and
application monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery and other datab ase related issues.
Managing over 60 databases (Oracle and some SQL Server instances) on Sun Solaris (UNIX) and NT/2003
platforms, with sizes ranging from 20G to about 1/2 terabyte, responsibilities include:
• Data migrating using Data Pump, Export/Import an d SQL*Loader either interactively or batch mode
• Installing and configuring Oracle 10g and 11g on various Operating systems such as Windows Server, Linux/Unix
• Experience in upgrading existing databases by applying Patches, installing various versions of oracle software as required.
• Analyzing Tables, Indexes and Clusters against chained and migrated rows and providing solutions
• Management of the membership databases, security architecture, member privileges & relationships.
• Efficient at trouble shooting, restructuring, tuning, and tracking database load, fragmentation, contention, and overall performance for optimal performance of the existing database.
• Designing, testing, implementing and documenting database migration procedures including export/import
• Proficient in providing performance tuning activities to improve performance of the Oracle databases. Tune database through initialization parameter, SQL statement, and memory by performing routine checks of the SGA, CPU, logical and physical I/Os an d contention. As well as analyzing data growth trends for capacity and resource planning
• Experience of an Oracle Database Administration within a large scale database environment on Windows, MS SQL, UNIX and Linux OS platforms.
• Experience with Disaster Recovery strategies, including Data Guard/ Golden Gate and some knowledge on SAN replication.
• Experience with High availability strategies, including Data Guard/ RAC.
• Ability to analyze Oracle AWR and Wait Interface data.
• Collaborate with the system Administrator to configure any software and hardware requirements that will function with the Oracle Database.
• Help other team members and the project managers s et client expectations regarding the efforts necessary to achieve change.
• Worked with application developers to address and clarify data requirements to resolve technical and functional issues..
• Designing, testing and implementing backup and recovery solutions including automated daily hot backups and cold backups depending on criticality of the Database. Establ ished backup and recovery procedures and maintenance including hot and cold backups to support point -in-time recovery of the database which includes (Using RMAN and shell scripts) backup/recovery Collaborated with developers during Data Modeling projects: using Erwin to generate ER diagrams for existing and new databases.
• Security implementation through basic and advance securit y techniques like applying recent patches and upgrades, appropriate user grants, permissions and profile management.
• Reconcile functional and technical problems through interaction with the client by researching and identifying the defined issue and by fully testing and confirming possible solutions to the problem.
• Provide expert functional and technical assistance in a timely and efficient manner.
• Provide assistance with on-site refresher training and other assistance as needed to facilitate daily operations.
• Providing a 24/7 availability and coverage of technical assistance through the use of emails, cell phones, and PDA's for mission critical Databases PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Oracle Database Administrator at Bereans Technology
- Information Support Technician at Center for Disease Controls and Prevention-USG
- Oracle Database Developer/Administrator at Informatics Uganda
5 years, 3 months at this Job
Involved in migration of the clients and customer data from the Oracle 11g Release 1(188.8.131.52.0) to Oracle 11g Release 2 (184.108.40.206.0), maintaining database, Handling Performance issues, Locking Issues, Query Optimization and Documentation.
• Gathering the requirements from Business Analysts and converting them to Functional specifications.
• Preparing Functional and Technical Design documents.
• Involved in performing DBA activities like creating users, granting and revoking privileges on database objects.
• Created test cases for Unit testing, Integration testing and User acceptance testing.
• Used cursors, records, user defined objects, dynamic SQL, bulk loads, and exception handlers.
• Involved in writing stored procedures, Functions and packages as per the business logic.
• Performance tuning of existing SQL and PL SQL codes to improve the response time.
• Created views, materialized views, sequences as per the requirement.
• Worked on Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) process using PL/SQL to populate data to the tables.
• Handling the trouble tickets which come into an application from the users based on the priority level.
• Developed Unit test cases to validate and test the end result.
• Performed DBA activities for faster retrieval of data using various optimizer hints such as Parallel, Ordered, Append and Hash, used customized v$scripts to monitor the database processes and performance.
• Developed programs to load data from intermediate tables into Item Interface.
• Developed validation procedures and error reporting on the data in the intermediate tables.
• Extensively worked in performance improvement using Indexes, Parallel hints, and DBMS stats packages. Used massive parallel to run millions of data in production environment.
• Constructed complex SQL queries with sub-queries, inline views as per the functional needs. Create SQL scripts to perform unit and component testing.
• Responsible for writing the night batch process using Shell scripts and run them using Cron Job.
• Wrote packages for unit testing using PL/SQL and debugged using DBMS debug packages and other PL/SQL developer tools.
• Used Exception Handling extensively to debug and display the error messages in the application.
• Actively participated in Unit testing, Integration testing and Regression testing.
• Created report, and Oracle Alerts messages to users who are responsible for the Items Forecasting.
• Co-ordinated between Development, Testing and Production teams and attending bridge calls and technical discussions regarding future developments and releases. Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL Developer, MCC Oracle, SQL *Plus, TOAD, and Export/Import utility, Informatica, Oracle Forms 11g/10g. Oracle Reports Builder 11g/10g.
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer at Sherwin-Williams
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer at Gateway Health Plan, Pittsburg, PA
- Oracle Database Developer at US Steel, Pittsburg, PA
- PL/SQL Developer at Prosper Tech Soft Pvt. Ltd
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Technology