• Administering a 6.5 TB production environment with a three-node Real Application Cluster hosting Oracle 12C (220.127.116.11) on Red Hat Linux (RHEL 6.5) operating system with Weblogic servers as the application servers.
• Administering a 600GB development database environment on single instance servers hosting 12C (18.104.22.168) database on Red Hat Linux (RHEL 6.5) operating systems.
• Administering a 500GB QA environment with single instance Oracle database servers on 12C (22.214.171.124) on Red Hat Linux (RHEL 6.5) operating systems.
• Create, implement and manage custom Oracle databases on Linux and windows platforms.
• Creating and maintaining Oracle database objects (schemas, tables, indexes etc.).
• Providing Oracle database administrative support to various user groups (application developers, data managers etc.)
• Creating a database recovery catalog and registering databases to the recovery catalog database.
• Performing backup and recovery tasks on Oracle database using RMAN Incremental backup and hot backup, cold backup. Using shell scripts for all.
• Scheduling backups using the crontab utility.
• Performing capacity planning in terms of memory and disk usage, establishing benchmarks for business and technical performance.
• Using RMAN to restore and recover control and data files respectively.
• Performing a flashback and point in time recovery.
• Supporting system administration groups with maintaining oracle database servers and in pre production, test, training, and development environments.
• Analyzing and tuning voluminous SQL code.
• Tuning database objects to run smoothly by analyzing query paths (creating explain path tables) and using efficient indexing.
• Control and monitor user access to the database using roles and profiles.
• Performing data migration from a database in one server to a database housed on another server using database link.
• Migrating data using the data pump export (expdp) and import (impdp).
• Creating non-default listeners for database, registering database and listeners to OEM Cloud Control 12C.
• Perform Patch Set Updates (PSUs).
• Experience in Dataguard implementation and maintenance: Both Physical & Logical standby.
• Experience in managing Oracle 11gR2 RAC environments.
• Upgraded 11G databases to 12C.
• 24/hr support provided during on-call rotation.
- Oracle DBA Consultant at Stack IT Solutions
- Oracle DBA Consultant at MKIT Inc
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Diploma - in-Computer-Engineering
• Assisted in the configuration and Worked on a Unidirectional Goldengate for real time data replication.
• Responsible for configuring Dataguard physical and standby database setup for high availability and handling synchronization issues between primary and standby
• I also applied both PSU and CPU patches using the Opatch utility patches on all the databases Upgraded databases from 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 to 11.2.03 and to the new 12c.
• Exposure to new 12c Features, Container and Pluggable Database, FAR-SYNC Instance, Cascade Redo Transport Destination, allowed usage of SYNC and NOAFFIRM to extend Data Guard Range, Moving online Data file, etc.
• Familiar with MongoDB clusters, Java scripting to load unstructured data into sharing environment.
• Creating & Managing Database Structures, Storage Allocations, Table/Index segments, Rollback segments, Constraints, Database Access, Roles and Privileges. Implemented scripts to monitor and get information on free space, alert log errors. Provided maintenance of user accounts and Also used the OEM (12C) to monitor my Databases.
• Knowledge in MongoDB concepts and knowledge in Administration.
• Developed enhancements to MongoDB architecture to improve performance and scalability.
• Oracle Instance tuning, and SQL tuning was done using, AWR, ASH, ADDM, SQLT, TKPROF, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Tuning Sets, SQL Baseline. Also resolving issues related to Network Congestion, Memory (SGA and PGA), CPU & IO and other oracle related issues.
• SQL tuning and Database performance tuning has been done based on reports generated by SQL Trace, TKPROF, STATSPACK, Explain Plan, AWR, & ADDM and monitor the database performance on daily basis.
• Migration of database from one server to another server. As well as migrating from test and dev to prod. Created a stand by database by using RMAN Duplicate to reduce the downtime for the PROD database during the migration process. Cloning & duplicating databases using scripts as well as RMAN for test and developments instances.
• Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
• Maintained the data integrity and security using integrity constraints and database triggers. Also applied TDE (wallet)
• Involved in Installing, Configuring and Administration of Oracle 10g/11g RAC on ASM. Worked on 2 node RAC databases from 200GB - 10 TB. Managing ASM Disks and Disk groups with ASM. Follow up on SRs for different issues (SCAN behavior, Node eviction, Failover etc.)
- Oracle Dba/Consultant at ABERCROMBIE & FITCH
- Oracle Database Administrator at EXPEDIA
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer sciences
• Responsible for all Oracle migrations from existing Hardware to the ODA.
• Created Data Guard instances for all Production database migrations to 12c.
• Created Oracle 12R2 database utilizing odacli on the X7-2 ODA.
• Created ASM Volumes using asmca.
• Executed multiple 10046 tracing sessions.
• Used tkprof to read output files.
• Have used the explain plan to determine access paths and indexes being used or no used.
• Written all backup and recovery RMAN ksh scripts for writes to a ZFS appliance.
• Setup and Maintained X5-2 Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) servers.
• Created RMAN Recovery Catalog.
• Setup, modified Oracle instance parameters to write backups to ZFS Storage.
• Setup, modified Oracle instance parameters to write backups to NFS.
• Utilized Data Guard Broker to monitor and maintain Data Guard Instances.
• Modified Data Guard Broker parameters to control redo apply and transport.
• Largest database is 4 Tb. data warehouse.
• Wrote RMAN backup and recovery procedures.
• Wrote all RMAN scripts to backup RAC databases.
• Wrote all RMAN scripts to backup and restore a Data Guard instance.
• Wrote RMAN scripts to write to a Direct NFS share.
• Wrote RMAN scripts to write to a ZFS appliance.
• Responsible for migration of critical fraud application from Oracle on Windows to Oracle on Linux.
• Written all ksh scripts to monitor database.
• Wrote ksh scripts to utilize Data Pump to migrate 4 Tb database to the ODA
• Working with InfoSec to control access and tighten security at the database level.
• Did performance tuning of SQL statements for a vendor application to improve performance.
- Oracle DBA Consultant at City National Bank
- Oracle DBA Consultant at Fox Studios
- Oracle DBA Consultant at Southern California Edison
- Oracle DBA Consultant at Northrop Grumman
2 years at this Job
Working as the primary/lead DBA in the Database Support Team to support
(daily On-Call rotation) the core Billing Management & CRM production and non-production environments.
• Working with the Information / Data Architect and Database Designer / Modeler to help implement the physical data model for the development and production environments for Data Warehouse and OLTP systems.
• Coordinating with storage team to design/optimize the storage system by using IBM GPFS(General Parallel File System), Oracle/Sun ZFS and Exadata Servers.
• Lead for a large number of tuning projects. Working with third party vendor developers on SQL code review and quality control. Performance load testing and tuning application, SQL code, and database instance by using a wide range of technologies including ADDM, AWR, Statspack, OEM Performance Manager, Spotlight and home-cooked scripts by using Korn shell/Perl.
• Designing and implementing High Availability Oracle GoldenGate (OGG) from front-end OLTP environments to back-end Data Warehouse (ODS) systems on Oracle 11gR2 RAC environments. Troubleshooting typical OGG technical problems such as unique key violation / long transaction abending by using GGSCI / Logdump / discard file analysis etc. Performance Tuning OGG in extremely high data volume environments. Installing and configuring OGG heterogeneous environments ( from Oracle to MS SQL Server).
• Designing the production system monitoring framework, Configuring/Tuning Oracle Enterprise Management 12c (OEM), developing and maintaining the Korn shell based home-cooked monitoring scripts to monitor database instance 1 JENNY ZHAI 86 Eagle Court, Wilkes Barre, PA, 18706 878-999-6165 status, tablespace usage, goldengate process running status, Weblogic server [email protected] status, etc.
• Established database backup/recovery strategy for different databases. Utilized RMAN for backup and recovery strategy. Completed export and import of different databases using Oracle Export / Import utilities and SQL*Loader. Applied different recovery procedures for complete and incomplete recoveries depending on the type of failure.
- Oracle DBA, Consultant at Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Senior Oracle DBA, Consultant at Wells Fargo Bank, Wilkes Barre, PA
- Oracle DBA and Oracle Developer at Duke Energy
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor Degree
• Successfully implemented 11g R2 RAC on 4 nodes for high availability.
• Involved in Knowledge Transfer of Golden Gate Product and Installed Golden Gate(10.4/11.1)
• Hands on experience in troubleshooting RAC databases.
• Installation and creation of 10g and 11g databases for Testing, Development and Production.
• Successfully implemented oracle 11g grid control.
• Installed and applied patches for oracle 11g and 10g databases for supporting applications.
• Up-gradation and Migration of Database from 10.2.0.4 to 184.108.40.206 and applying patches whenever required.
• Applying upgrade patches, maintenance and interim patches on all the databases.
• Configured Automatic storage management (ASM) with EMC storage for managing data in SAN.
• Involved in 24x7 supports for production databases with on-call pager.
• Involved in EDW Support for OLTP and OLAP Data ware house Applications.
• Installation of database software and with analyzing, designing, and implementing databases.
• Used Oracle Real Application Testing for performing tests in QA environment.
• Creating and Managing Table spaces with different block-sizes to prevent row chaining.
• Performance tuning for optimized results using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*Trace, SQL profiling and TKPROF, STATSPACK.
• Continuous Performance monitoring and tuning of the databases and application using OEM Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack.
• Data Refresh from Production to Test and Development environments using RMAN Duplicate Database.
• Extensively used PL/SQL for designing packages, stored procedures, functions and database triggers.
• Involved in applications administration including 11g Database/Applications cloning, tuning, patching and monitoring concurrent manager processing etc.
• Experienced in handling database issues using OEM as well as command prompt.
• Worked with T-SQL statements like DELETE and UPDATE statements and also like BULK insert of data into the datable.
• Other activities like applying RDBMS patches, security patches, sox reporting proactive monitoring of databases and applications.
• Experience in DB capacity planning ,data normalization and rationalization
• Loads databases, reorganizes as necessary, and assists in monitoring database performance
• Developing and Implementing Disaster Recovery (DR) Plan using Datagaurd.
• I along with team implemented physical standy database using Datagaurd.
• Load balancing, Databases/Schema/Table Re-Organization for faster performance using export/import & Move procedures
• Daily Health Check Up of the Database using staspack, AWR, ADDM & ASH.
• Rebuilding of Indexes for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database.
• Performance tuning of Oracle Database Objects by fixing row chaining.
• Taking periodic Backup of the Database and the software using RMAN and VERITAS Netbackup.
• Written shell scripts for digitization the process. Scheduling jobs through Oracle Job Scheduler.
• Maintaining security of databases and users.
• Reading Alert Log and User trace Files and Diagnosing the Problem.
• Recovery of Database (Recovering from Media Failure, Recovering tables dropped accidentally, Recovering data files, Recovering from Block Corruption).
• Installation and configuration of Oracle Client software and Tools.
• Created scripts to query performance views in an effort to reduce parse times and tune memory structures such as the database buffer cache, shared pool, library cache and PGA for a shared server configuration
• Written Shell scripting which monitors the server's performance and logs output on periodic basis to database.
• Supported Production issues relating our data warehouse databases.
• Worked along with the teams supporting various applications relating to data warehouse.
• Written SQL scripts to monitor table space and extent growth.
• Performance tuning which includes creating indexes, analyze, explain plan, optimizer hints
• Space Management which includes table space creation, adding new data files.
• Experienced with monitoring the database security issues and resolving them on timely basis. Environment: Oracle Applications R12.0.3. (Order to Cash) Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports 6i, Conversion, Interfaces, MYSQL,Windows XP, Oracle 9i/ 10g, RAC, OEM, Grid Control, RMAN, DBCA, Data Guard, Putty, TOAD 8.1, UNIX, Linux 4.0,SQL DEVELOPER
- Sr. Oracle DBA Consultant at Wells Fargo
- Sr. Oracle Consultant at Comcast
- Oracle DBA at Cognos
- Sr Database Administrator at AT&T Services
1 year, 5 months at this Job
Role & Responsibilities:
• Checking Databases Backup and Restore validity periodically, and Data refreshes from Production to Non-Production environment, Creation Duplicate Databases using RMAN Backups.
• Involved in Design and implementation of oracle 11g Data Guard both physical/logical Standby databases for high availability and disaster recovery.
• Implementation of High Availability solutions with Oracle 12c,11g RAC,10g RAC, Standby Database (Active Data Guard), Replication.
• Responsible for Installation of RAC and Managing RAC Environment efficiently
• Installation and configuration of Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c
• WebLogic performance tuning and upgrade to 12c and 11g
• Implemented Monitoring Templates and Incident Rule notifications using OEM 12C for database alerting.
• Worked extensively on 12C OEM and configured DB alerts for DBA
• Effectively made use of Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views & Query Re-Write.
• Supported functional data warehouse projects.
• Worked with database export & import scripts to backup database structures and automation procedures.
• Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, patching of Oracle RDBMS and applications Work on different versions of Databases with OEM Grid control to maintain the database effectively.
• Configured different levels of replication such as DDL replication, DML replication for table level, schema level, database level using Golden Gate.
• Implemented classic Golden gate replication as well as integrated replication.
• Implementing and maintaining database security (create and maintain users, roles and assign privileges)
• Query optimization, PL/SQL Performance Tuning using Oracle Cost based Optimization techniques, Explain Plan, Trace, Hints and Tkprof. SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
• Monitored the Applications and database using OEM and OAM.
• Document and communicate changes to the OLTP, OLAP systems and data warehouse teams, including Data Modeling, ETL and Database teams.
• Used Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) in RAC for Performance Tuning.
• Built 4 node RAC 10gr2 Standby database and set up DG Broker
• Setup of High Availability of the database using RAC, Standby, Data guard.
• DBA activities such as configuring Grid events, Regular Backup's, Replication, Tuning, and troubleshooting performance issues.
• Maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot all enterprise oracle and SQL server databases
• Install and Configure Oracle Fusion Applications 11.1.5 on Exalogic/Exadata -- setup and Maintain system and configurations.
• Advanced Backup and Recovery using Oracle RMAN software; used offline/online for recovery in a production environment via Korn shell scripting.
• Provide development and production support related to database
• Perform other regular DBA activities including space management and performance monitoring.
• Optimization and tuning SQL queries using TRACE FILE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
• Design, development, testing, performance tuning, deployment, and support in Data warehouse system
• Performance Tuning of Databases, Oracle instances, and Applications. Finding Performance Bottlenecks using STATSPACK, EXPLAINPLAN, SQLTRACE, TKPROF, AWR, and ADDM
• Upgrade and Migration of Databases from 10.2.0.5 to 220.127.116.11 and applying patches whenever required. Environment: ORACLE, SQL*Plus, OEM/12c,Exadata V1/V2/X2-2/X2-8, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g/10g,RAC, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 & 2008,DB2, Golden gate, Shell scripting, Red Hat Linux 5,Solaris 10,Unix, VCS, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Data guard, ASM, PL/SQL, RMAN, Toad.
- Sr Oracle DBA Consultant at
- Oracle DBA Consultant at
- Oracle DBA Consultant at VISTEX
- Oracle DBA Consultant at VISTEX
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering
Environment Oracle 11g, 12c, 18c RAC, ASM - Linux, Solaris, Data Guard ❖ Supported production, development and testing databases of Multi Terabytes DB sizes. ❖ Skilled with Stats pack, AWR. And ASH to check health of database & hardware. ❖ Used Performance tuning tools such as explain plans and SQL tune advisor (OEM). ❖ Migrated databases to Amazon Web Services (AWS). ❖ Setup data guard between AWS and on-premises databases. ❖ Upgrade 12c to 18c databases ❖ Migrated databases to different datacenter. ❖ Experienced with SRVCTL, LSNRCTL, and CRSCTL tools of 12c RAC. ❖ Handled RAC Node hangs and node failover tests. ❖ Setup shell scripts to automate schema refreshes. ❖ Build 2-node RAC Clusters. ❖ Migrated databases from standlone to RAC clusters. ❖ Maintained databses on half rack Exadata X7. ❖ Maintaining schemas and tablespaces. ❖ Performing root cause analysis on performance related issues. ❖ Analyzed ASH and AWR reports. ❖ Analyze and troubleshooting locking issues. ❖ Provided on-call support. ❖ Worked with offshore team. ❖ Worked weekends to resolved issues. ❖ Responsible for administration and supporting Oracle 18c, 12c and 11g databases. ❖ Performing day-to-day database administration tasks like Tablespaces usage, checking alert log, monitoring disk usage, running SQL scripts against tables/schemas, table partitioning etc. ❖ Worked in Tuning OS, Shared Pool, Golden Gate monitoring, creating crontab jobs. ❖ Experienced in using Data Pump (expdp/impdp) to transfer databases from one server to another. ❖ Experienced in using BBDA to build servers/nodes, databases/instances, and RAC on Linux box. ❖ Good experience in SQL Tuning, and performance tuning. ❖ Experienced in supporting all version of oracle RDBMS ❖ Applied PSU patches on quarterly basis ❖ Worked with Oracle platinum services to patche Exadata. ❖ Worked with lead DBAs for preparing cluster, configuring, installing Clusterware and Oracle. ❖ 10g RAC on AIX and HACMP ❖ Installation, Configuration, Upgrading, Migration and Maintenance. ❖ Configure, maintain and deploy the Data Guard and grid control. ❖ Installing and maintaining Oracle 13c cloud control ❖ Configured Workload Management, JDBC FAN, TAF, ASM, and RMAN for maximum performance. ❖ Extensive use of Oracle Data pump, Exports/imports utility for moving data among the servers. ❖ Created indexes to facilitate easy user interface implementation and tuning. ❖ Monitor (ADDM). Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) for monitoring database performance. ❖ Performed administrative maintenance, monitoring on Oracle database systems in a global.
- Oracle DBA Consultant at Bank of America
- Oracle DBA Consultant at Blue Cross Blue Shield, NJ
- Oracle DBA Consultant at Bank of America
- Oracle DBA Consultant at
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Installed oracle 12c, upgraded and installed patched on databases on windows environment
• Worked on AZURE PORTAL and built Virtual Machines based on client specifications
• Created databases based on client Templates, installed client Applications and supported different client applications
• Used AZURE portal to create, add and format disks in cloud environments
• Resized virtual machines, troubleshoot performance issues in a cloud environment
• Worked closely with azure professionals and also shadowed middleware experts
• Performed database and operating system patching
• Worked closely with a team to build a completely working environments based on client needs
• Configured and implemented various backup strategies based on RMAN and on windows environments
• Installed various client applications in databases
• Migrated data in a very secured manner and in very confidential manner
• Experienced in one to one interaction with client
• Performance enhancement, and troubleshooting for
• Used SQL developer for cloud control and management of my databases Configuration & Support
• Responsible for installing/maintaining multiple development and test environments
• Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining of DBs
• Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for all database systems
• Experience with Load balancing of application tier, and setting up parallel concurrent processing
• Strong understanding of Oracle Database Architecture
• Experienced with monitoring tools such as NAGIOS and STATUS ENGINE
• Performing database migration from Linux to windows environment.
- Oracle DBA Consultant at AZURE PORTAL
- ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR at ONESHIELD
- ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR at State Street Corporation
4 months at this Job
- B. S - BIOLOGY
• Lead Oracle security hardening effort across all environment.
• Create and update system architecture diagrams
• Ensure compliance with Oracle Security Technical Implantation Guides (STiG)
• Recommend modifications to Oracle Security Technical Implantation Guides (STiG)
• Developing security/IA policies, procedures, and standards.
• Design, develop, implement, and test new system and modify existing systems to meet the user’s needs
• Conduct business process reengineering, feasibility studies, and trade-off analyses
• Analyze data requirement to determine data source and destination. Coordinate with client to define problem, determine data availability, report requirements, and resolve system design problems
- Oracle DBA Consultant at IPS
- Assistant Project Manager/Mission Management at US Army Reserves
- Fusion Duty Officer at GSS CGI
- Software Support Specialist at Stewart Business Systems
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Information Systems
Senior Oracle DBA Consultant
● Setting up, implement and Manage Oracle Golden-Gate deployments, configuring OGG in RAC high available environment.
● Implement variety of Performance tools, database Optimization and Performance Tuning recommendations.
● OEM 12 C to OEM 13C, including agent installation and Configuration
- Consultant at Investment, INC
- Senior Oracle DBA Consultant at Saxon Global
- Senior Oracle Database Administration at J2 GLOBAL CLOUD, INC
- Oracle Database Consultant at IBM Corporation
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- M.S. - Engineering
- B.S. - Computer Science Engineering