• Customer facing role with end to end delivery, accountable for managing enterprise Production, Cloud Database Environment as Senior Oracle DBA.
• Ensuring stability, high availability and performance of database environment across customer sites
• Managing database environments which includes Oracle, Nettezza, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift
• Experience in AWS Cloud Database environment
• User, Bakcup Management and End user coordination for deploymements in PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift
• Expertise in performance analysis of Oracle Database and Provide Root Cause Analysis reports and the problem resolution recommendations for all Sev1/P1 issues.
• Primary contact for communication of any technical activities or problems, ensure the quality and timeliness of deliverables, and organize and conduct weekly status meetings with the vendors/customers.
• Responsible for regular DBA operations and business continuity
• Communicating with Client on the progress of various task items. Production Support Management, SLA tracking Environment: Oracle 12c,11gR2 RAC, RMAN, Data guard, ASM, Oracle Streams, Golden Gate (GG), EM Grid Control, MS-SQL, MY-SQL, Shell Scripting, Solaris, Linux and AIX, SIEBEL, OBIEE, Peoplesoft and AWS Cloud Services
- Senior Oracle DBA Consultant at Tasacom Technologies Inc
- Tech Lead DBA at Honeywell Technology Solution Lab
- Senior Principal Consultant at Oracle Financial Services Software Ltd
- Senior System Specialist at Micron Technology
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Computer Application - Computer Application
· Supporting Ellucian Banner 9 ERP Applications with Oracle 11g databases for Admission, HR, etc. · Creating new Physical Standby databases for disaster recovery. Created documentation. · Mentoring DBA team with performance tuning of SQL queries while using OEM 13c. · Created alert email system for databases and hosts using OEM 13c. · Wrote scripts to startup and shutdown of the databases, listeners and OEM Agents with scripts. · Cloned databases using RMAN DUBILICATE. It is required for migration to new hardware. · Applied latest Security Patches to the databases, OEM 13c OMS, Agents and Plugins. . Configured daily online backups for databases using Cloud Control. Supported Museum App
- Oracle DBA (Consultant) at Fashion Institute of Technology
- Oracle DBA (Consultant) at NYC Dept. of Education
- Oracle DBA (Consultant) at Western Union
- Oracle DBA (Consultant) at Barnes & Noble
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master's Degree
- - Modern Database Management
- - Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- - Information Technology
• Oracle consultant assisting in converting Oracle function, procedures and packages to T-SQL in a MS-SQL Server 2016.
• Cloning production environment to pre-prod, QA and development.
- Oracle DBA Consultant at Omni Resources/Arrorwhead Systems
- Oracle PL/SQL developer working at FIPCO banking support institution at Robert Half/ FIPCO
- Oracle DBA at Omni Resources/Secura Mutual
- Sr. Database Analyst at Rockwell Automation
1 month at this Job
Oracle Database Administration 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c and Sql server administration 2008r2, 2012, 2014
- Oracle DBA Consultant at Vision software
- Oracle Database Administrator at Db-system ltda.
- Oracle database administrator at Hardnetics, Claro Colombia
- Oracle DBA at National Institute of Statistics Venezuela (INE)
2 years at this Job
- system engineer - oracle database administrator
Currently administering large production environments with a two or more node Real Application Cluster (RAC) hosting Oracle 12cR1 on Red Hat Linux (RHEL 7.2) operating system with Tomcat/Weblogic servers as the application servers. Also administering the complete SDLC from development databases of single instance servers hosting 12cR1 databases on Red Hat Linux (RHEL 7.2) operating systems in a Test, and UAT environment with single instance Oracle database servers on a mixture of different oracle database versions, including 11Gr2 and 12cR1 on Red Hat Linux (RHEL 6/7) operating system.
• Created, implemented and managed custom Oracle databases on Linux and windows platforms
• Knowledge in Golden Gate installation & Configuration setups in both windows/Linux environments
• Created physical standby databases in the multi-tenant database environments
• Monitored different databases and application servers using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12c Grid Control
• Provided Oracle database administrative support to various user groups (application developers, data managers etc); created and maintained Oracle database objects (schemas, tables, indexes etc)
• Analyzed and tuned voluminous SQL code
• Performed capacity planning in terms of memory and disk usage, establishing benchmarks for business and technical performance
• Performed backup and recovery tasks on Oracle database using RMAN
• Using RMAN to restore and recover control and data files respectively when necessary
• Performed a flashback and point in time recovery
• Creating a database recovery catalog and registering databases to the recovery catalog database
• Scheduling backups using the crontab utility
• Supported system administration groups with maintaining oracle database servers and in pre-production, test, training, and development environments
• Tuned database objects to run smoothly by analyzing query paths (creating explain path tables) and using efficient indexing
• Control and monitor user access to the database using roles, and profiles
• Participate in a 24 hr. on call rotation
• Performed data migration from a database in one server to a database housed on another server using database link
• Migrated data using the data pump export (expdp) and import (impdp)
• Created non-default listeners for databases.
• Registering databases and listeners to OEM Cloud Control 12C.
- Oracle DBA Consultant at TeyeMatics Inc
- IT Support Specialist at Millipore
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
• Administering a 6.5 TB production environment with a three-node Real Application Cluster hosting Oracle 12C (18.104.22.168) on Red Hat Linux (RHEL 6.5) operating system with Weblogic servers as the application servers.
• Administering a 600GB development database environment on single instance servers hosting 12C (22.214.171.124) database on Red Hat Linux (RHEL 6.5) operating systems.
• Administering a 500GB QA environment with single instance Oracle database servers on 12C (126.96.36.199) on Red Hat Linux (RHEL 6.5) operating systems.
• Create, implement and manage custom Oracle databases on Linux and windows platforms.
• Creating and maintaining Oracle database objects (schemas, tables, indexes etc.).
• Providing Oracle database administrative support to various user groups (application developers, data managers etc.)
• Creating a database recovery catalog and registering databases to the recovery catalog database.
• Performing backup and recovery tasks on Oracle database using RMAN Incremental backup and hot backup, cold backup. Using shell scripts for all.
• Scheduling backups using the crontab utility.
• Performing capacity planning in terms of memory and disk usage, establishing benchmarks for business and technical performance.
• Using RMAN to restore and recover control and data files respectively.
• Performing a flashback and point in time recovery.
• Supporting system administration groups with maintaining oracle database servers and in pre production, test, training, and development environments.
• Analyzing and tuning voluminous SQL code.
• Tuning database objects to run smoothly by analyzing query paths (creating explain path tables) and using efficient indexing.
• Control and monitor user access to the database using roles and profiles.
• Performing data migration from a database in one server to a database housed on another server using database link.
• Migrating data using the data pump export (expdp) and import (impdp).
• Creating non-default listeners for database, registering database and listeners to OEM Cloud Control 12C.
• Perform Patch Set Updates (PSUs).
• Experience in Dataguard implementation and maintenance: Both Physical & Logical standby.
• Experience in managing Oracle 11gR2 RAC environments.
• Upgraded 11G databases to 12C.
• 24/hr support provided during on-call rotation.
- Oracle DBA Consultant at Stack IT Solutions
- Oracle DBA Consultant at MKIT Inc
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Oracle DBA Consultant at SMBC
at this Job
- Masters in Computer Science - Computer Science
- - Technology
• Performance tuning, Optimization and recommendations (Linux and Solaris Environment)
• Troubleshooting performance issues with database Migration.
• Backup and Recovery, 11g and 12C version, Rman database backup
• Implementing OEM Grid Control 12 C, Db Console and automated reports.
• Oracle Golden Gate 12C installation and Configuration..
• AWS Cloud architecture and Configuration
- Oracle DBA Consultant at SAXON GLOBAL, LLC
- Senior Oracle Database Administration at J2 GLOBAL CLOUD, INC
- Oracle Database Consultant at IBM Corporation
- Oracle Database Administration Consultant at Envy Resources
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- M.S. - Engineering
- B.S. - Computer Science Engineering
Providing production DBA support on a multi-terabyte Oracle 11gR2 four node RAC with ASM storage located in the cloud using Red Hat Linux on HP hardware.
● DBA support of a single node Data Guard Physical Standby database.
● Updating and creating new PL/SQL and shell scripts for managing production and development databases, and other technical support for client and client's DBA.
● Performance tuned application SQL statements and databases. Helping the client in the process of moving their data flow from Oracle to Big Data database; Hadoop, Hive, Impala-shell, and Kudu.
● Fixed a non-finishing 7 hour nightly deletion statement to less than 13 minutes successful deletion.
- Oracle Production DBA Consultant at PDS, Inc
- Senior Oracle DBA/Team Lead at McKesson Technology Solutions
- Senior Oracle DBA/Team Lead at Unisys Corporation
- Senior Oracle DBA Consultant at Cambridge Systems, Inc
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- M.S., Computer Science - Management Information Systems
- B.S. - Computer Science
as consultant) -- Mar-2017 - Jan-2018 (Fulltime)
• Received many recognitions as STAR PERFORMER from QA and ETL team management and was nominated for TOP award for 2017.
• Automated addition/split of partitions and table/partitions refresh (export-import) process using PERL and Python. This saved 95% of hours of efforts per dba per request.
• Resolved many ETL Batch performance issues and helped developers tune SQL.
• Performed POC of EMC Appsycn tool to create database clone from production snapshot.
• Performed POC of database migration to Oracle Cloud.
• Supported Cloudera Hadoop Big data platform.
- Sr. Oracle DBA at Bank of the West
- Sr. Oracle DBA at American Express
- Sr. Oracle DBA-consultant at VISA
- Sr. Performance Engineer-consultant at NETAPP
2 years, 4 months at this Job