Delta Dental Oracle DBA III (e-Business Suite 11i & R12) CGI Group Inc Sr Oracle DBA IBM Corporation Oracle Apps (e-Business Suite 11i) DBA EDS/HP Oracle Applications (e-Business Suite11i) DBA CSC Consulting Sr. Consultant, Oracle Apps (e-Business Suite 11i) DBA Danka Imaging Contractor/Oracle Apps DBA BearingPoint Technical Analyst/Oracle Apps DBA Activant Solutions, Inc. Oracle Apps DBA CSC/San Diego County Probation Consultant/DBA Oracle Corporation Sr. Principal Consultant/Apps DBA Sneller & Associates, Consultant Informix Developer Eagles International, Consultant Oracle DBA
- Oracle DBA at Oracle Corporation and various consulting firms
at this Job
- - Electrical Engineering
Sr Oracle DBA
- ORACLE DBA at DB Schenker
- ORACLE DBA at ASH and ADDM
3 years at this Job
Lead Oracle DBA for Oracle versions 7,8,9 on a Sun Solaris operating system. Install,patch,upgrade,load,migrate,secure,backup,restore,fine tune multiple Oracle databases across multiple servers. Document and automate procedures.
- Oracle DBA at Hewitt Associates
- Oracle DBA at
10 years at this Job
- Associate - Science
• Responsible for database maintenance, backups, recovery, patching, upgrades, performance, tuning, and user access control
• Detailed analysis of the business and user's requirements by doing various information gathering techniques
• Experienced with all facets of Oracle DBA day-to-day activities like production, database monitoring, Backup & Recovery using RMAN, Cloning, Troubleshooting production issues, and Physical Database Design
• Creating physical databases with multiple table spaces from logical and physical data model.
• Monitored and performed database sizing, table space management and rollback table space management, transaction management and security administration.
• Responsible to monitor database performance using AWR, ASH and ADDM using Oracle Enterprise Manager Database and Grid Control 11g/12c, generated reports as needed.
• Database reorganizations and refresh schema-using Export/Import. Creating the database, table spaces, tables, indexes, setting privileges and user logins.
• Keeping the databases up to date with respect to Latest PSU's and comfortable in applying patches.
• Install setup and configured Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c as a tool of administration, performance tuning, monitoring, alerts and OEM Grid Control 11g/12c.
• Installed & configured Oracle Management Server (OMS) & Oracle Grid Control.
• Setup notifications (various levels for table space utilizations, Listener alerts) using OEM.
• Worked on Multitenant Databases (Oracle 12c Container and pluggable databases).
• Performed database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, migration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, and cloning on database 12c.
• Very comfortable in using ASM for creating disk groups, adding additional storage (DISKS) and troubleshooting ASM issues.
• Providing Level 3 operational support for the database tower
• Detailed analysis of the business and user's requirements by doing various information gathering techniques.
- Oracle DBA at Albert Sefia Consulting Firm
- Oracle Database Administrator at First Bank
- DBA at HMSHost
4 years, 11 months at this Job
Environment: Oracle 11g, 12c, Exadata, AWS, GoldenGate
• Involved in 24x7 support for production RAC databases with on-call pager
• Supported production, development and testing databases of Multi Terabytes DB sizes.
• Configuration, troubleshooting GoldenGate issues
• Setup Uni-directional GoldenGate setup.
• Setup and managed replication using Oracle Golden Gate
• Worked on Data Migration project.
• Migrated databases from Windows platform to Linux.
• Upgraded from 11g to 12c.
• Migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
• Migrated databases to AWS
• Build new servers on AWS
• Worked on project to migrate databases to AWS instance
• Set up oracle instances on AWS cloud
• Maintained databases and alerts from 13c cloud control (OEM)
• Migrated standalone databases to RAC on Exadata
• Oracle DBA in 12c, 11g, with 9+ year's professional IT work experience
• Worked on 12c Multitenant databases
• Setup unidirectional GoldenGate replication
• Rolling install oracle patch in Oracle RAC 11g and 12c
• Upgraded database from 11g to 12c R2
• Cloned databases using RMAN Duplicate
• Installation of 11g, 12c clients/databases on Solaris and Linux.
• Complete Build of 4-node 12c RAC Cluster on RHEL
• Skilled with statspack, AWR, ADDM, SAR to check health of database & hardware.
• Used Performance tuning tools such as tkprof, explain plans, oracle bug and trace files to tune SQL Queries.
• Performed database Cloning to setup test and development database.
• Migrated databases to different data datacenter.
• Handled RAC Node hangs and node eviction issues.
• Maintaining schemas and partitioning tables.
• Experienced with all kinds (Status, Performance, and Trend Analysis) of DB Monitoring.
• Index management for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database
• Developed RMAN scripts for database backup and recovery
• Responsible for administration and supporting oracle 11g, 12c databases
• Created, upgraded, and cloned Oracle databases for Development and testing databases.
• Performing day-to-day database administration tasks like Tablespace usage, checking alert log, trace files, monitoring disk usage, Table/index analyze jobs, database backup logs etc.
• Worked in Tuning OS, Shared Pool, Buffer Cache, and Redo Log Buffer.
• Performed large batch jobs and tuning of SQL queries and database systems.
• Created indexes to facilitate easy user interface implementation and tuning.
• Implemented advanced features of Oracle 11g such as Automatic Database Diagnostic
• Monitor (ADDM), Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) for monitoring database performance.
• Performed administrative maintenance, monitoring on Oracle database systems in a global
• Provided 24x7 operational support.
• Involved in gathering requirements from end users.
- Oracle DBA at HSBC Bank
- Oracle DBA at Trillium Health Partners
- IT Technician at Peel District School Board
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Providing Database Administration and Consulting services to several clients including
• Providing Oracle DBA services for Oracle databases including backup and recovery, performance tuning, application troubleshooting, and general DBA tasks.
• Providing database application security services to the U.S. Census Bureau to ensure that Oracle databases, application servers, Application Express (APEX) components, and Oracle applications comply with government security standards.
• Providing DBA services, Oracle APEX development, Java development, and WebLogic Administration services to the U.S. Census Bureau
• Providing IT Consulting Services to the U.S. Census Bureau
• Providing database migration services between Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL
• Providing Oracle DBA support for the State of Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation (DLLR) Managed Image and Data Access System (MIDAS) - an Enterprise Content Management System
• Providing Oracle Database consulting services
• Authored several blog articles on Oracle database issues, Oracle WebLogic and Oracle APEX
• Lead Oracle DBA supporting several NASA projects and company internal projects
• Oracle Application Server Administrator
• Migrating databases to an Oracle RAC environment
• Providing Oracle RAC Database Administration
• Responsible for configuring, upgrading and deploying web-based applications that utilize both PL/SQL and Java to access to the Oracle database
• Developing perl helper applications for both server-based and web-based access to the Oracle server and the Application Server environment
• Providing Oracle APEX development/support o Developed government APEX application to help track time and expenses. Initially developed for small group, but its use has expanded and is expected to expand much more. o Worked with client to develop APEX application to help analysts create statistical tables. Included Java and JQuery. Enthusiastically received and expected to expand greatly beyond its initial target. o Provided support in the development of an APEX/Oracle spatial application that allowed users to navigate, zoom in, and retrieve associated data throughout the United States
• Serving as a resource for Oracle database and programming concepts for developers and other employees
- Oracle DBA at AIMSTAR Information Solutions, Inc
- IT Subject Matter Expert at AIMSTAR Information Solutions, Inc
- Oracle DBA - Database Application Developer at AIMSTAR Information Solutions, Inc
- Database Consultant at Client - Trusted Technologies
21 years, 8 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Computer Science
- M.S. - Computer Science
- B.S. - Computer Science
• Provide DBA technical support to the OIG software development Team on issues, Oracle database installations, deployments and maintenance of our systems.
• Independently maintained and managed Oracle 11g Databases on 6 servers. Download Oracle Database software from OTN and performed a fresh installation of Oracle Database 12c software onto one of the OIG servers in a Microsoft environment. Create a new database for the purpose of 12c Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Repository.
• Installed JAVA JRE on database 12c and ensure the JAVA security update is maintained.
• Create users profile and password file for the encryption of user passwords and profiles to efficiently manage our system resources.
• Maintained the system DBA privileges on Oracle Database 12c and managed administrative user access into the OIG server operating system.
• Applied quarterly Bundle patches to OIG 12c Oracle Database for security fixes and perform backups of the database using RMAN tool.
• Knowledge of installation, configuration and monitoring of Standby databases for disaster recovery using Data Guard.
• Installed and configured Oracle Web logic server for 12c OEM Domain. Installed 12c OEM unto OIG server for the management and administration of our databases from one single console. Deployed 12c Agents unto Target Databases to monitor the administrative tasks on those Hosts.
• Provided an Implementation Plan for 12c OEM to Team Administrators describing how the system will be deployed, installed and transitioned into an operational system.
• Good knowledge on Amazon Web services (AWS). Amazon Cloud Services like Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
• Simple storage services(S3) Bucket, Amazon Simple DB, Amazon Cloud watch.
• Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKS.
• Attention to detail and listen attentively to Clients needs and response in order to satisfy their expectations. Consistently, I deliver positive feedbacks as the job proposition inquires.
• Provide customer service to our Clients, Agencies. Delivered a daily and weekly status reports on Database health check, Remote server’s connection, JAVA update and Database progress reports upon Client request which is normally conducted via email.
• Effectively communicate in English both orally and verbally. Attend scheduled Team meetings with both OIG employee Network Administrators and Oracle Database Administrator.
• I am an experienced, self-motivated Oracle DBA with skills in problem solving, organization and communication. Precisely engages in thorough research procedures on Oracle products and awaits final approval from the OIG employee Team Lead supervisor before an installation of a new software and/or application.
- Oracle DBA at Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Oracle Database Administrator at Department of Transportation
- Oracle Database Administrator at Library of Congress
- Computer Operator at Bureau of Engraving and Printing
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Computer Information System and Analysis Design
April 2016 – November 2018 Oracle DBA, Cardinal health – dublin, Oh § Involved in Installing, Configuring and Administration of Oracle 10g/11g RAC on ASM. Worked on 2 node RAC databases from 200GB – 5 TB. Managing ASM Disks and Disk groups with ASM. Follow up on SRs for different issues (SCAN behaviour, Node eviction, Failover etc.) § Assisted in the configuration and Worked on a Unidirectional Goldengate for real time data replication. § Responsible for configuring Dataguard physical and standby database setup for high availability and handling synchronization issues between primary and standby § I also applied both PSU and CPU patches using the Opatch utility patches on all the databases Upgraded databases from 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 to 11.2.03 and to the new 12c. § Exposure to new 12c Features, Container and Pluggable Database, FAR-SYNC Instance, Cascade Redo Transport Destination, allowed usage of SYNC and NOAFFIRM to extend Data Guard Range, Moving online Data file, etc. § Creating & Managing Database Structures, Storage Allocations, Table/Index segments, Rollback segments, Constraints, Database Access, Roles and Privileges. Implemented scripts to monitor and get information on free space, alert log errors. Provided maintenance of user accounts and Also used the OEM (12C) to monitor my Databases. § Oracle Instance tuning, and SQL tuning was done using, AWR, ASH, ADDM, SQLT, TKPROF, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Tuning Sets, SQL Baseline. Also resolving issues related to Network Congestion, Memory (SGA and PGA), CPU & IO and other oracle related issues. § SQL tuning and Database performance tuning has been done based on reports generated by SQL Trace, TKPROF, STATSPACK, Explain Plan, AWR, ADDM and monitor the database performance on daily basis. § Migration of database from one server to another server. As well as migrating from test and dev to prod. Created a stand by database by using RMAN Duplicate to reduce the downtime for the PROD database during the migration process. Cloning & duplicating databases using scripts as well as RMAN for test and developments instances. § Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis. § Maintained the data integrity and security using integrity constraints and database triggers. Also applied TDE (wallet)
- oracle dba at cardinal health
- Oracle DBA at Osi Pharmaceuticals Inc
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Shreveport, Louisiana 08/2016 TO 08/2018
Oracle DBA/System Administrator
• Establishing and maintaining sound backup and recovery policies and procedure
• Implementing and maintaining database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
• Implementing and maintaining Oracle applications deployment and daily operation.
• Performing application tuning and performance monitoring.
• Setting up and maintaining documentation and standards.
• Working as part of a technical team.
• Performing trouble shooting and giving consultation to development teams.
• Interfacing with Oracle Corporation for technical support
• Applying Oracle patch updates.
• Lead installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products on windows and Linux operating system.
• Performing server management and operating system administration: including patching, server performance monitoring, and executing SOPs to maintain high level of server performance and availability.
• Performing network administration with corporate network, including domain name, host name, IP address management and network user management.
• Performing security control and management on Microsoft Window systems.
- Oracle DBA/System Administrator at Booz Allen Hamilton at Department of Defense/Navy
- Lead installation at Booz Allen Hamilton at Department of Defense/Navy
- Oracle DBA/System Administrator at Booz Allen Hamilton at Department of Defense/Navy
- Database Administrator at STG, INC. Department of State Global Foreign Affairs Compensation Systems
2 years at this Job
- Master Degree in Computer Information Systems - Database Management & Business
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology - Electrical Engineering Technology
· Oracle 11g / 12C DBA, Windows Administrator, UNIX, ETL Datastage in Target Production, Development, and Test environments · My work involves infrastructure stability, and Incident Management. I provide operations support to multiple application teams in using different technologies, primarily database. · My support work include apps Maximo, Tririga, MyTime (Kronos/workday), and Master Data Management. I am an active participant in multiple Agile (Kanban, Scrum) teams - I involve in sprint planning, dependency analysis and prioritization of our upcoming infrastructure needs.
- Oracle DBA at Target Corporation
- ETL- App Support Engineer at AT&T
- IT Analyst Intern at Ramsey County, MN
- Business Analyst at Shiv Shakti Traders
4 years at this Job
- Master's in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor's in Computers & Commerce - Computers & Commerce