Responsible to support and maintain all FEMA TDL Oracle RAC and Data Guard databases.
• Installed and Configured Oracle ASM Grid Infrastructure and Oracle RAC cluster for three nodes.
• Created Physical Stand by databases and configured the Active Oracle Data Guard for High availability.
• Applied Oracle Quarterly PSU patches for Oracle databases and Oracle Managed Server Grid control database.
• Installed and configured Oracle Secure backup on Linux server for tape backup using RMAN. Environment: Oracle 11gR2, OEM Grid Control 12c, Linux. ASM, RAC, Active Data Guard, RMAN, Data Pump Oracle Secure Backup (OSB).
- Sr.Oracle DBA/Architect at Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Sr.Oracle DBA/Architect at Navy Federal Credit Union
- Sr.Oracle DBA/Architect at Agilex Technologies Inc
- Sr. Oracle DBA - Citywide Data Warehouse at OCTO - Government of the District of Columbia
4 years, 4 months at this Job
• Oracle DBA Queue Manager and Application Express support on On-Call rotation basis.
• Perform health checks and proactive monitoring using Oracle Enterprise Manager/Grid Control.
• Setup Oracle Enterprise Manager (Grid Control & Cloud Control) 10g/11g/12c for monitoring/performance tuning and a complete range of Oracle DBA activities including monitoring alert logs, trace files, troubleshooting production issues.
• Support Development Teams by implementing database objects in TEST/STG/UAT/PROD.
• Check data guard standby Apply to make sure primary databases are in sync with standby databases. Apply redo-logs as needed to recover standby databases.
• Performance tuning using various aspects of the Database utilities like Stats-pack, Automated Workload Repository (AWR) and Automatic Database Diagnostics Monitor (ADDM).
• Good Knowledge in Installing, Upgrading and Configuring Oracle Enterprise Edition.
• Perform Data Redaction in Oracle DB 18.104.22.168 and Data Masking on PCI and PII information
• Upgrade Oracle 11g to 12c multitenant Container and decommission legacy databases.
• Database monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, managing database security, roles, and profiles, create, setup, and respond to alerts. As well as analyze performance data and recommend solutions.
• Manage Application Express: Creating Apps, users, import and export Apps, Patch APEX etc.
• Work with the application team to understand the application's data, and then determine the appropriate physical structure. Participate in application design and development.
• Manage the queue clearing open and unassigned Service Requests (SR), Incident Request (IR), Change Request (CR) and Manual Activities (MA).
• Basic scripting. Write scripts for data-pump jobs, backup and recover and database checks.
• Exposure to Database FIREWALL and Audit Vault. Managed a Three-Node RAC Cluster.
• Schedule Physical backups (hot & cold) in CRON tab using RMAN and monitor scheduled jobs.
- Oracle DBA at CABELA's Inc
- Database Analyst at Wells Fargo Bank
- Business Analyst/Scrum Master at Great Wolf Lodge
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Masters Degree - Information Resources Management
- Bachelor - Management Information Systems
Environment: Oracle 11g, 12c, Exadata, AWS, GoldenGate
• Supported database on Exadata X7
• Performed Silent installation on Exadata.
• Applied patches on computer nodes, Exadata home and storage cells.
• Migrated standalone databases to Exadata
• Implement disaster recovery with use of Exadata
• Involved in 24x7 support for production RAC databases with on-call pager
• Supported production, development and testing databases of Multi Terabytes DB sizes.
• Configuration, troubleshooting GoldenGate issues
• Setup Uni-directional GoldenGate setup.
• Setup and managed replication using Oracle Golden Gate
• Worked on Data Migration project.
• Migrated databases from Windows platform to Linux.
• Upgraded from 11g to 12c.
• Migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
• Migrated databases to AWS
• Build new servers on AWS
• Worked on project to migrate databases to AWS instance
• Set up oracle instances on AWS cloud
• Maintained databases and alerts from 13c cloud control (OEM)
• Migrated standalone databases to RAC on Exadata
• Oracle DBA in 12c, 11g, with 9+ year's professional IT work experience
• Worked on 12c Multitenant databases
• Setup unidirectional GoldenGate replication
• Rolling install oracle patch in Oracle RAC 11g and 12c
• Upgraded database from 11g to 12c R2
• Cloned databases using RMAN Duplicate
• Installation of 11g, 12c clients/databases on Solaris and Linux.
• Complete Build of 4-node 12c RAC Cluster on RHEL
• Skilled with statspack, AWR, ADDM, SAR to check health of database & hardware.
• Performed database Cloning to setup test and development database.
• Migrated databases to different data datacenter.
• Handled RAC Node hangs and node eviction issues.
• Maintaining schemas and partitioning tables.
• Experienced with all kinds (Status, Performance, and Trend Analysis) of DB Monitoring.
• Index management for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database
• Developed RMAN scripts for database backup and recovery
• Responsible for administration and supporting oracle 11g, 12c databases
• Performed large batch jobs and tuning of SQL queries and database systems.
- Oracle DBA at Sentry Data
- Oracle DBA at Bank of Wachovia
- Oracle Database Admin at Jeraisy Group Co
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
Virence Technologies was formerly GE Healthcare. I have worked with Virence for approximately 8 months. I have been a lead Oracle DBA in Healthcare technologies for 13 years. I maintain and recover oracle databases for our hundreds of customers ranging from small clinics (5-100 physicians) to large clinics (100-1000+ physicians).
- L3- Oracle DBA at Virence Technologies
- L3 - Oracle DBA at GE Healthcare
- NOC Technician at AT&T
9 months at this Job
- Associate - BioChemistry
Trainer. Oracle DBA trainer, basics of Unix/Linux trainer, Microsoft office trainer. As IT consultant/Trainer for Oracle,
And VMWARE -SQL-Structured Query Language
-PL/SQL- Programming language for SQL
-Training on how to use some oracle tools such as SQL, SQL*plus worksheet and oracle enterprise manager
-Accessing Oracle enterprise manager, using SQL*plus and iSQL*plus to access your database, calling of the SQL*plus from a shell script.
-Creating of logical Database object Using SQL such as
Tables, Views Index, Sequence, Synonyms.
-Using of SQL*plus to startup and shut down the database
-Training the new recruits on the installation of the oracle 10g database on both Linux and windows
-Handled the security of the database by creating passwords for the users, changing the passwords, Also by granting and revoking both system and object privileges, locking and unlocking of accounts in the database. Also by securing roles, creating roles and assigning quota to users.
-Creation of database manually, Graphically and by using Oracle managed files (OMF).
-Importing and exporting of the Database at Schema Level, Tablespace level database level and Transport_tablespace and Table level.
-Training on how to configure three different systems for Rman
-Training on how to return database objects to the previous state without using point in time media recovery but by using Flashback.
-Worked with the Index management which allows SQL statements to execute more quickly, using B-tree index, Bitmap, rebuilding on Index partitioning of indexes, allocating Index extents.
-Working on the Automatic channel Allocation by configuring default device type disk, configuring default device type to sbt and configuring default device type to Parallelism.
-Manual channel allocation by allocating two or more channel disk type for the backing up of the database, configuring backup optimization, configuring retention policies to recovery windows and configuring retention policy to redundancy.
-Enabling Automatic shared Memory Management which serves as the STA memory broker and coordinates the sizing of the memory components
-Worked on the backing up of datas using User managed backup, incremental backup and Rman. Also how to configure three different systems for Rman backup that is the target database, recovery catalog and the recovery manager.
-Recovery of the database when instance crashes of fails. Then i recover the backup files and restore them to the database both complete and incomplete recovery.
-Multiplexing of control files, recreation of control files, renaming and relocating data files.
➢ As a basic of Microsoft office I trained the new recruits on Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Power point, Ms Publisher and Ms Outlook. These are the basics of computer which is need and compulsory for freshers on both the I.T field and others.
➢ As a UNIX basic trainer, trained them on the functions of an operating system, various types of operating systems, the structure of UNIX system and the various commands needed as an Oracle DBA.
➢ Also I know how to maintain and manage Oracle RAC what Oracle is all about and how it came about. - configuring two nodes cluster in RAC which is a high speed interconnect contains the two oracle instances and a shared disk storage -Also the problems solved by using Oracle RAC like Application Scalability, Application availability And Application performance. -Some various challenges of managing Oracle RAC like Oracle RAC expertise is a very limited resource, no graphical interface on the market for viewing RAC performance diagnostic. -the business benefits of RAC helps to reduce total cost of ownership of your RAC Implementation by giving you unprecedented insight into your environment, finding and fixing oracle and RAC issues before they impact production performance, also helps to reduce overall development and administration costs by automating common DBA task, Ensure that new applications meet business requirements and perform well in production. -The various spotlights of Oracle RAC like spotlight on Unix/Linux, spotlight on windows, predictive diagnostics. -the oracle edition of Benchmark Factory for database. -Toad DBA suite for oracle its capabilities.
➢ AS a VMWARE consultant/trainer the Vsphere 4.0
➢ What Virtualisation is talking about, how to build, configure and operate it.
➢ Installing your ESX and ESXi server, configuring VMFS Data stores
➢ Installing vCenter servers, managing Vsphere with Vcenter servers.
➢ Deploying and Managing VMs and vApps in vCenter server, migrating Virtual Machines, VMotion and storage VMotion.
➢ Managing Clusters, Resource pools and Fault Tolerance, vCenter Server plug-ins and Automated P2V.
➢ Working with ESX Host profiles, working with vCenter update manager, virtual machine backup and restore, troubleshooting the vSphere Environment.
➢ vCenter server performance management and alarms, configuring security and access control in vCenter Server, working with vNetwork Distributed switches Swifta Systems and services (MTN Nigeria/Ghana/Benin) Systems Support Engineer, Business change Consultant *Supported Fundamo services like MIS risk secure, FSS, Database, Linux, and Solaris at MTN Nigeria/MTN Benin/MTN Ghana on mobile money services. Made sure services were constantly awake and transaction moving on smoothly. Worked under pressure and still can work under pressure. Backed up file applied patches to the Fundamo services deployed them and tested the patches. Was on a 24/7 support team and still prepared for that. Software Platforms. Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Server 2008/2003, Linux/Unix, Solaris
- Oracle DBA at FASCONN GROUP
3 months at this Job
- Bsc - Information technology
Served as Oracle DBA for Fannie Mae's Early Funding and Credit Enhancement Target
Source projects. Involved maintaining data models, writing DDL release scripts, and delivering the scripts to the development and testing environments. Worked with the
customer to define needs and met tight deadlines.
• Organized performance tuning sessions in order to mentor junior DBAs as well as senior-level data modelers.
• Responsible for tuning the production database for the ER Studio Data Architect Repository.
• Principal Oracle DBA for the College Board Advanced Placement (AP) database. The AP database stores mission-critical data used by College Board to send electronic and paper score reports for AP tests to students, educators, and universities nationwide. The environment at Fannie Mae is Oracle 12c on SunOS and Linux. They utilize a mature Agile methodology with both Kanban and Scrum as the guiding principles. I was responsible for recommending Oracle database tuning strategies to upper management as well as junior DBAs. I was also responsible for enhancing Korn shell scripts that reported on anomalies between the ER Studio Repository Database and the deployed models in production.
- Senior Oracle DBA at Fannie Mae
- Senior Oracle DBA at The College Board
- Senior Oracle Developer at Systems Made Simple Inc
- Senior Oracle Developer at Northrop Grumman
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Mark Prebilic
• Supported Oracle 12c database
• Worked on Vormetric Encryption of ASM disk
• Performance and Tuning of different version of Oracle databases.
• Restore database using zdlra backup
• Worked on Grid patch and Oracle upgrade
• Implemented Active Data guard for RAC databases.
• Set up Oracle Wallet for Dataguard Fast Failover without password
• Installed 2 node RAC cluster in AIX 6.1 and Linux
• Installed and configured Oracle 11gR2 database on ASM
• Migrated Non ASM databases to ASM.
• Installed and configure OEM Agent
• Scheduled and configured RMAN backup jobs with Netbackup and later with zdlra
• Configured OS Watch Utility
• Extensively used DataPump to export and import data in various environment.
• Setup auditing on the database.
• Rebuild databases from RMAN backup
• Worked on Golden Gate.
• Experienced in capacity planning and space management
• Wrote Python code for automation of various task.
• Providing 24/7 Production DBA Support.
- Oracle DBA at JP Morgan Chase
- Oracle DBA at TD Bank - America's Most Convenient Bank
- Oracle DBA at SeaCastleInc
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate - (OCA) certification
Lead Oracle DBA managing a team of employees and contractors supporting multiple Oracle and SQL Server database environments including an Oracle 14TB OLTP environment and an Oracle Financial application environment with Data Guard DR Setup.
• Completed a full health check review on performance, security and Disaster Recovery of the database, working through many different changes to improve the overall health and stability of the environment
• Identified multiple performance issues within the application and improved the performance with the utilization of result cache, indexing and better memory management
• Implemented Oracle Enterprise Manager monitoring alerts on active process thresholds in order to identify issues with large batch processing updates and dynamic SQL calls
• Directing a DBA contracting team to complete Oracle migrations to new servers and to upgrade and properly monitor both the Oracle and SQL Server environments
• Identified issues with blob data growth within the database and implemented solutions to remove and archive the data, cleaning up over 10TB of space within Production and QA environments
• Identified monthly and quarterly outage windows for Database maintenance, upgraded Oracle environment from 11.2 to 12.2, installation and migration to Exadata, ASM, RAC environment
- Lead Oracle DBA Engineer at Lincare
- Database Architecture and Operations Manager at GE Digital
- Program Manager - Database Technology Services at GE Power
- Database ERP DBA Lead at GE Corporate
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science & Economics
Project (1): Fleet Farm, Retail Chain, Appleton Wisconsin (USA) - Nov 2014 to Current.
Fleet Farm (FF): Retail Chain, USA. Fleet Farm is a trusted retailer serving the upper mid-west in the US since 1955. Mills Fleet Farm is a full-service supplier for life, work, home, and recreation - combining wide-ranging products, convenient services and gas stations all under one roof. After over 60 years in business, Fleet Farm has become the region's most trusted name in retail with 36 locations across Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and North Dakota.
Current Position: Lead Oracle DBA
Location: (Appleton), Wisconsin, USA. Responsibility:
• Hands-on experience in Database Administration, Database design, Oracle Installation on various platforms.
• Support Oracle RAC databases running on Exadata high performance machines.
• Experience in Database Creation, cloning, Backup & Recovery solutions, Database Security, Database Migration, Oracle RAC, Snapshot and Active Datagurad, Switchover/Switchback and Fail.
• Install/Upgrade/Patch, Oracle Retail applications modules (RMS, SIM, RIB, ALLOC, RPM) and middleware SOA.
• Dataguard build and Support.
• EBS RPC quarterly patches.
• Managing OID-OAM, Oracle OBIEE 11g and BI-Publisher
• Appworx Job Scheduling, maintenance & administration.
• Performance Tuning.
• Capacity Planning.
• Database Cloning and EBS apps cloning.
• Change and Problem management using footprint.
• Co-ordinate with Infrastructure team for hardware / OS related work.
- Lead Oracle DBA at IBM
- Lead Oracle DBA at Smart Meter Texas - ONCOR, Power Company, Texas
- Associate Consultant (DBA Lead) at Siemens IT Solutions
- Senior Software Engineer (DBA) at HCL COMNET
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science - Computer Science
Designed, developed and maintained UNIX shell scripts to collect and monitor database metrics and Stats pack snapshots and reports. ❖ Utilized Grid Control to administer multi-node RAC database also managed redo and undo in the RAC environment. Load balancing of RAC instances. ❖ Monitoring space, wait events, locks and long operations running on the database ❖ Implemented RAC databases and ASM, Toad, Logical and physical data modeling and demonstrated experience translating logical models into physical models, Database design in a multi-terabyte Data Warehouse environment. ❖ Supporting day-to-day Database administration activities like creating databases, troubleshooting tablespace issue, mount point space issue, high CPU utilization, locking/blocking sessions. ❖ Perform Primary/Standby database switch over/fail over using Flashback option. ❖ Performance Tuning Experience - AWR, ADDM, ASH, SQL Tuning Advisors, STATSPACK, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL Trace with TKPROF, Toad. ❖ Monitoring the session waits for the database performance and resolving the performance issues. ❖ Monitoring the database for growth and added space to the table spaces as per demand. ❖ Generating AWR/statspack reports on regular basis to identify the database performance at peak load. ❖ Tuning the SQL statement by analyzing the explain plan and ADDM reports ❖ Implemented scripts to monitor and get information on free space, alert log errors. Provided maintenance of user accounts, privileges, profiles and roles. ❖ Involved with OLTP relational databases system analysis, design, implementation and management. ❖ Upgrade/Migration of Databases from Oracle 9i to 10g, Cross platform migration from different platforms such as Oracle, windows and postgreSQl ❖ Experienced in using 10g and 11g features Data pump, Flash-Back Recovery, AWR, ASM, ADDM, Grid Control Monitoring and Recycle Bin. ❖ Expert in SQL Loader, export/import and data pump to load data in to tables. ❖ Upgraded Oracle 10g/12C to the Oracle 11g R2 database version. ❖ Implement backup and recovery procedures using (RMAN) for Oracle databases and test regularly in conjunction with Operations. ❖ Implemented the Golden Gate Replication ❖ Oracle Database capacity planning, space management, storage allocation and different type of storage structure (SAN/NAS) ❖ Extensive experience in Real Application Clusters (RAC), ASM, RMAN, Data Guard and maintain Standby database. ❖ Data guard Broker configuration and Managing Physical Standby databases using Oracle Data guard Broker. ❖ GoldenGate replication implementation. ❖ GoldenGate Unidirectional and Bidirectional replication. ❖ Proficient knowledge in RMAN backup (Full, incremental and cumulative) and recovery, Incomplete recovery and disaster recovery. ❖ Experience on working with data guard physical/logical standby databases. ❖ Experience in implementation of enterprise databases on enterprise Storage Solutions using Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network attached storage (NAS). ❖ Documented the Standard Processes for peers to follow. ❖ Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (opatch) patches on all the databases. ❖ Expert in Performance Tuning i.e. tuning applications, shared pool, I/O distribution, rollback segments, buffer cache, redo mechanisms. ❖ Expertise in performance-tuning, SQL tuning services with EXPLAINS PLAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL TRACE, AWR, ADDM to collect and maintain performance statistics and improve the database performance. ❖ Extensive knowledge of Oracle Architecture, SGA, PGA, Binary structure, Listener, TNS Names, SQL Net, V$ views, DBA views and Data Modeling, Logical and Physical databases design using tools like Erwin and Visio. ❖ Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis. ❖ Developed PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts. ❖ Knowledge in Oracle Data warehouse DBA skills relating to administration and management of VLDB environments, Oracle OLTP. ❖ Used Data Pump for export and import. Wrote scripts for Backup of databases, maintenance of archive logs for databases. Streamlined backup procedures and implemented RMAN for backup and disaster recovery. ❖ Database Refreshing / Replication from production to testing using Exp/Imp. ❖ Created logical and physical design installed and upgraded databases. ❖ Experience in writing UNIX/SHELL scripts for providing the reports. ❖ Installed and configured Oracle 11g database on a test server using Oracle standard procedures and OFA, for performance testing and future 10g production implementation. ❖ Environment: Oracle 10g/11g RAC VMS, Sun Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, RMAN, SQL server, OEM.
- Oracle DBA at VERIZON
- Oracle Database Administrator at RILEY TECHNOLOGIES
1 year, 6 months at this Job