Shelby County Schools
Memphis, TN Current Project
Implementation of Oracle Fusion/Cloud (R13)
Oracle Fusion Financial Functional Consultant
Environments: Oracle Fusion (R13), GL, AP, AR, Expenses and FA
The Shelby County School District is a public school district that serves the city of Memphis, Tennessee as well as the unincorporated areas of the county. Due to the city of Memphis dissolving its school charter in 2011, as of July 1, 2013 all Shelby County residents were served by SCS, including those in Memphis.
• Implementation of Oracle ERP Cloud (Fusion) in the Shelby school district
• Configurations for Oracle Fusion ERP Cloud Offering.
• Serve as finance department technology liaison in the Oracle implementation
• work as a interface between IT, HR and Business Operation Departments
• Effectively identify, communicate and manage project risk as approved by finance leadership
• Maintain the timeline for project implementation
• Design solution for General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets , Expenses etc.
• conducting Functional Analysis, Gap Analysis sessions with the business
• Configuring the Cloud ERP based on solution design, performed gap analysis and designed
• workaround solutions.
• Design/review the Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts based on the Test Requirements.
• Design reports and extract data on FRS, OTBI and BI Publisher
• Providing the suggestions/options of the best way to implement their need in Oracle cloud
• Providing Strategic advice on the delivery of the migration components
• Working with the Functional and Solution Stream Leads across all streams to determine scope and delivery timelines
• Reporting to Project Management and the Steering Committee on progress
• Design - working with business subject matter experts (SME's) and the Cherry road implementation consultants to ensure the system was designed in accordance with business requirements Identifying gaps in the fusion system and work with business owners/users in the design sessions.
- Oracle Fusion Financial Functional Consultant (Certified) at Sigma Software LLC
- Oracle EBS Financial Functional Consultant at The TJX Companies
- Oracle EBS Functional Consultant at Granite INC
- Oracle EBS Techno-Functional Consultant at State Street Corporation
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.Com - Accountancy
Arlington, VA August 2017 to Present
Modules used (Oracle 12.1.2): AP, Requisition, AR, Inventory, OCO, OIC, Purchasing, Projects, Payments,
Senior Oracle Financial Tester
Role and responsibilities
• Developed Functional, integration, regression, and user acceptance scripts.
• Involved in regression testing for Oracle P2P, AR , OCO, and GL financial Modules
• Responsible for uploading test cases and managing them in HPALM Quality center
• Involved in testing of JAVA form
• Worked on Different Oracle EBS tickets
• Perform automation for regression testing UFT (Unified Functional Tester)
• Develop and upload all testing artifacts in SharePoint
• Involved in User Acceptance Testing after resolution of defects
• Performed defect management and reporting
- Senior Oracle Financial Tester at Money Gram international
- Lead Oracle Financial Tester/Senior ERP Consultant at Consult America Inc
- Senior Oracle Financial Tester / Analyst at Consult America Inc
- Oracle Financial Test Engineer at Consult America Inc
1 year, 5 months at this Job
Project Summary: Oracle R12 Upgrade, DEAMS Technical Upgrade and sustainment from 11.5.10 to version 12.2 of EBS.
• Key Accomplishments: Planned Executed post go-live delivered enhancements and fixes for bugs/defects uncovered post go-live.
• Consulted DEAMS PMO on R12 upgrade Open Oracle Support tickets and SRs.
• Redesigned Overhauled custom menus to upgrades R12 menus to determine new Functionality.
• Revamped Designed Segregated, duties, roles and responsibilities (RBAC).
• Restructured and mapped, improved created accounting for disparate systems, consolidated primary general ledger for a single Source.
• Reorganized and Conducted impact analysis and ensured data cleanup.
• Designed Segregated, duties, roles and responsibilities (RBAC)
• Mapped, created accounting for disparate systems, consolidated primary general ledger for a single Source
• Conducted impact analysis and ensured data cleanup.
• Roles & Responsibilities / Segration Of Duties in RBAC
- Oracle R12 Support Consultant at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base DEAMS PMO
- Solution Architecture at WTW Philadelphia
- Project Manager at Insmed USA
- Senior Principle Manager at Nucor Steel Mills
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance
Ø Supporting business on issues faced on their day to day use Ø Coordinating with Oracle on different SR for various issues with standard functionality Ø Worked on Integration with application like Vertex , Concur Ø Worked on performance tuning of critical custom reports Ø Worked on automation of various manual process/monitoring using ESP Cybermation Ø Worked with business for requirements mapping for new enhancements
- Oracle Cloud Finance Consultant at Black & Veatch
4 months at this Job
- B. Tech
• Review & Oversee the preparation of the company's financial statements and management reports including analysis of key performance indicators and trends, financial ratios, and comparison of actual results to budget.
• Ensuring effective and efficient management of the company's financial resources and ensure that all goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors for the business are achieved
• Oversee the accounting and financial activities of the subsidiaries (Shipping & Logistics, Lubricant production, Table & sachet water, Palm kernel oil & refinery, Construction, Real Estate, Dredging, Bureau de change (BDC) and Microfinance Bank) and advise the Board.
• Develop & implement strong internal control systems and standard operating procedures (SOP) to ensure adequate accounting controls & services.
• Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and tax (Income tax, PAYE,VAT, Withholding Tax) reporting requirements,
• Handle external audit & Insurance matters.
• Preparing Group financial reports, budgets, cost reports and financial forecasts.
• Ensuring that management understand the financial implications of the specific decisions made.
• Approves finances to be used in specific projects by the firm based on estimates made by accounting departments.
• Analyzing and interpreting financial data and recommending changes to improve systems and financial performance.
• Ensuring financial records are accurate, and that there is fiscal responsibility within the company's operatives.
• Handling of Top Management Staff payroll, Financial Analysis & Spearheading special projects as needed.
• Oversee treasury management, handling foreign transactions and forex matters. -1-
• Oversee the group HR department.
• Prepare Reports for Board Meetings and AGM
• Price negotiations and project monitoring/evaluation.
• Prepare feasibility study, cash flow projections and financial appraisal for new projects.
• Perform any other job as may be assigned by the Group Managing Director and the Board.
- Group Financial Controller at DEE JONES PETROLEUM & GAS LIMITED
- Financial Controller at FOOD EMPORIUM INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
- Consultant -Oracle Financials at SOFT ALLIANCE AND RESOURCES LIMITED
- Financial Controller at PREMIER FEED MILLS CO. LTD
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- M.Sc. - Economics
- MBA - Bus. Admin
- B.Sc. (Hons) - Economics
- O/Level - G. C. E O
Project: Asset Life-Cycle Management(ALM)
• Review all the category, Taxonomy and Naming for the fixed assets register and as well as Item Master for the whole Business functions in the company.
• Conducted Fit Gap analysis and envisioned To-Be processes, Identify and understand the specific gaps in the mapped solution and suggested Modifications/workarounds for the same.
• Establishment and use of item master data to enable effective carrier and industry interworking
• Advanced the use Common Language Master Data (location, equipment, connections and services) through technology and industry evolution to maintain its relevance to both the carriers and the ecosystem in which they work
• Provided a series of highly successful seminars and workshops to major telecom operators addressing their current challenges associated with rapid network evolution, regulatory and reporting requirements and asset management solutions required to address them.
• Develop and maintain documentation for Business requirements, Solution design, System Setup, Gap analysis and Functional design for all RICE components
• Provide a best in class and standard classification for the telecom sector for both Item master and fixed assets register classification, attributes, categorization, useful life determination, naming and taxonomy.
• Participate on design the data governance structure for telecom sector.
• Participate in design the As -Is and To - Be phase of the process and workflow related to the (add, update and retire the assets workflow, which is include the GAP analysis phase and recommendation phase.
• Develop and maintain the Process and workflow of add, update and deactivate the item in the item master and product hub in oracle.
- TECHNICAL LEAD CONSULTANT, INCEDO TECHNOLOGY CONSULTAING at Iconective.com
- ORACLE FINANCIAL CONSULTANT at ARAB OPEN UNIVERSITY
- FINANCIAL CONTROLLER at AL YASRA FOOD COMPANY
- FINANCIAL MANAGER at ARAB OPEN UNIVERSITY
10 months at this Job
- B.COM - Accounting and finance
King Abdullah Economic City, Saudi Arabia August 2009 - January 2012
Oracle E-Business Suite 11i (GL,AP,AR,Project Contracts, Projects Costing, Purchasing ), GIS, Microsoft Sharepoint, Hyperion Planning and Budgeting- Business Analyst
Responsibilities: Currently engaged with EMAAR ECONOMIC CITY in support and enhancement of Oracle E-Business Suite and following major modules.
➢ Oracle Financials General Ledger
➢ Oracle Financials Accounts Payables
➢ Oracle Financials Accounts Receivables
➢ Oracle Project Contracts
➢ Oracle Projects Costing
➢ Oracle Purchasing
• Participated in an assessment of Oracle E-Business version 11.5.10 as a Functional Consultant for client and provided support for Oracle enhancement requests.
• Lead AR-Project Contracts integration project.
• Modified the Retention - Retention Release Process in Financials.
• Lead Cost Center Restructuring project and Provided Post production support
• Participated in LOA Restructuring Project
• Assisted and trained oracle application users
• Worked as a liaison between business users and oracle developers
• Maintained and fixed issues related to Work Flow
• Modified XML report templates
• Defined different transactions and transaction type in Accounts Receivables
• Created descriptive Flexfields in AR and Project Contracts
• Setup new transaction types with new accounting codes in AR
• Setup Payment terms to reflect new payment processes in AR
• Participated in Oracle Discoverer migration
• Trained business users in Oracle Discoverer 10g and wrote documentation
• Created new bank accounts in Accounts Recievables.
• Provided month and year end support for all implemented modules.
• Provided daily support for business users and solved Oracle related tickets
• Worked with Oracle support to resolve Severity 1,2 and 3 issues
• Trained first level support on daily tasks
• Maintained Chart of accounts and created natural accounts and cost centers
• Maintained Purchasing LOA and approval limits
• Created new Document Sequences for AP and AR
- Business Applications Analyst at Emaar Economic City (Hewlett Packard)
- Oracle Funcional Consultant at Ventana Medical Systems
- Oracle Apps Consultant, Financials at Merrill Lynch., NY
- Oracle Financial Consultant (Functional) at Mastercard International, MO
2 years, 5 months at this Job
• Global Chart of Accounts Revision Project-Oracle R12 EBS Version. ◦ Lead Consultant performing the system conversion using a third party tool. ◦ Supporting North American Region financial reconciliation process with reporting tools (FSG, OBIEE, HFM, HPB) as required. ◦ Supporting the Testing, CRP,UAT. ◦ Performed Conversion ◦ Providing Post Conversion Support and reconciliation
• Supporting One Source Statutory Financial Reporting Application roll out for North America. ◦ Working with the OneSource Reporting application to map all selected entities and load prior year reporting data into new system. ◦ Perform reconciliation of data to prior year reporting. ◦ Load all historical notes/tables into entity structures and make format revisions as required by management.
• Supporting the Fixed Assets and Corporate Reporting group. ◦ Compilation and presentation of Fixed Asset account lead schedules monthly. ◦ Preparation/processing of monthly depreciation vis Oracle R12 FA module. * Units of production depreciation calculation. * Useful life depreciation calculation. * Perform quick additions of assets in FA module as required. * Perform Asset transfers as required. ◦ Monthly Oracle Account Reconciliation process performed for selected Entities Fixed Asset Accounts (General Ledger vs Sub ledger Balances).
- Financial Consultant--(Independent Consultant) at Barrick Gold North America
- at Walt Disney Company
- Workday Financials Lead-(Independent Consultant) at Highpoint Solutions
- Workday Project Manager-(Independent Consultant) at Broward College
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting
on supporting the Oracle R12 Financial, Oracle Revenue Management & Billing (ORMB) Application and FAH application of Marsh & McLennan.
• Day to Day Functional and Technical support of the Oracle Financials environment including applying periodic patches, reporting requirements, ad-hoc requests from business and production system support for North America, Europe, UK and Luxemburg.
• Functional and Technical Support for period close activities including but not limited to sub ledger reconciliations with GL balances and GL activities for period.
• Cut-over planning and execution support for ORMB upgrade and EBS Data Center Move.
• Working closely with internal System auditors to identify and evaluate financial controls within Oracle ERP applications for SOX control and compliance mandate. Working on auditors recommendations to implement and/or alter financial controls within ERP applications.
• Liaison across IT domains to deliver ERP functionality including but not limited to infrastructure engineering, database management(DBA), security, operations supports, external vendors like Banks, Credit Card agencies for various corporate and procurements cards etc.
• Working closely with business leaders, business users, operational super users, IT directors, IT infrastructure team to understand and document operational requirements and help to transform business requirements to system requirements through ERP enhancements, implementation or upgrade.
• Environment configuration and documentation
• Responsible for Unit and Integration end-to-end testing in readiness for UAT
• Supports UAT, Regression and Performance testing.
• Assists with, or performs the delivery of end-user training
• Responsible for post-go live application support and transition to Support group.
- Sr. IT Business Analysis Specialist at Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc
- Oracle Financial ERP Business System Analyst at Centerbridge
- Oracle Financial Techno Functional Lead at Kravet Inc
- Senior Oracle Financial Consultant at Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc
11 months at this Job
- Master of Computer Application - Computer Application
Internal Control & Compliance
➢ Gathering, documenting and communicating the businesses requirements and processes as normal.
➢ ERP, accounting & audit functions. Maintained IFRS compliance with group's accounting procedures.
➢ Ensured organizations are in compliance with equal opportunity standards.
➢ Plan, undertake and maintain compliance monitoring program, ensuring remedial action is taken.
➢ Develop and update compliance policies and procedures.
➢ Undertake and monitor compliance training within the business.
➢ Assist clients cross validation rules on making suppliers payments, Sales and Use Tax matters.
➢ Training associates on various aspects of their system
- Business Analyst at Quantum Financial Solutions
- Project Cost Accountant at Oil States Industries (ATS)
- Project Cost Controller at Superior Energy Services (MTS)
- Sr. Project Accountant at Acute Technological Services
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- CPE - Oracle Financials Release 11i, Oracle E-Business Suite
- CPE - Software Testing & Quality Control
- BA - Accountancy