Responsible for synthesis of organic compounds in both production and R&D departments, purified compounds with flash chromatography. Specialized in synthesis of targeted fluorescent dyes for use in intracellular labeling and imaging. Completed compound identification and QC utilizing NMR, HPLC, and UV/VIS Spectroscopy.
- Synthetic Organic Chemist at Marker Gene Technologies
- LC/MS/MS Laboratory Supervisor at Nepenthe Laboratories
- LC/MS/MS Machine Operator, Team Lead at Nepenthe Laboratories
- QA Lab Technician at Attune Foods
8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Chemistry
--- Synthesizing and developing organic molecules and natural products, e.g. epoxies, urethanes, naphthene derivatives, vegetable oils-based compounds.
--- Synthesizing and developing polymers and copolymers of vinyl monomers, e.g. epoxies, acrylics, methacrylate, styrene, organosilicons and vinyl silanes, with different morphology such as linear, grafted, branched, network and gel:
• Synthesis and kinetic study of polymerization of asparagusic acid as a naturally occurring compound: in this project, my goal is to make polymeric gels based on poly(asparagusic acid) which due to the presence of biodegradable disulfide bonds, this polymeric material may find applications in drug delivery and other biomedical fields.
• Synthesis of vegetable oils-derived polymeric gels: in this project, my aim is to incorporate isocyanate functionalities into the olefin bonds of vegetable oils and react the functionalized oils with polyols to make a urethane-based polymeric gel. This polymeric material may find applications in drug delivery and other biomedical fields.
• Synthesis and kinetic study of polymerization of naphthol-containing monomers: in this project, my objective is to synthesize naphthol-containing monomers and polymerize them at which due to the presence of naphthol moiety as a light-responsive organic compound, the corresponding polymers are expected to show light-responsive behavior.
• Kinetic study of free radical and living/controlled homo- and co-polymerization of vinyl silane monomers: in this project, my aim is to study kinetics of homopolymerization and copolymerization of vinyl silane monomers, trimethylvinylsilane (TMVS) and dimethylphenylvinylsilane (DMPVS), with butyl acrylate (BA), methyl methacrylate (MMA) and styrene (Sty) by free radical and controlled/living radical polymerization and calculate the reactivity ratios. --- Purification and characterization of the raw and finished products by extractions, wet chemistry techniques, LC, TLC, GC-MS, NMR, IR, UV-vis, GPC, TGA, DSC, STA. --- Evaluating new and existing raw materials and technologies in product synthesis/development. --- Operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining laboratory equipment. --- Method development, verification and validation. --- Mentoring and training new laboratory personnel.
- Polymer-Organic Chemist/Research Assistant at SMU
- Chemist/Research Assistant at NSF ERC for Nanotechnology Enabled Water Treatment
- Chemist/Research Associate at Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Chemistry
- Master of Science - Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry
Lead and/or participated in R&D projects involving the synthesis of starting materials
(including organic, inorganic, or the combinations thereof) for methanol production;
• Designed, planned, & carried out state-of-the-art synthesis with minimum supervision in a collaborative research environment, and executed solutions to synthetic problems;
• Submitted the synthesized compounds to Analytical Chemists for analysis, purification, & characterization;
• Provided weekly written updates & final synthesis reports to Supervisor(s);
• Sought alternative scientific routes by utilizing journals & online chemistry software (e.g. Scifinder, Reaxys, & Publically-Accessible Databases), & assessed the suitability of alternative materials developed in the Academia, & related Industries for potential application in the Oil&Gas Industry;
• Maintained a chemistry synthesis notebook(s) & raw material lists;
• Maintained a clean & safe Laboratory work area;
• Oversaw specialized equipment (i.e. Mass spectroscopy, GC, & HPLC) as delegated;
• Adhered to health, safety, & environment guidelines as well as chemical hygiene plan.
- Synthetic Organic Chemist at METHANEX CORPORATION
- Field Chemist at LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS
- Ph.D Research Assistant at EAST UKRAINIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- Research Internship at AZOT
5 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D - Industrial Organic-Chemistry
- Master of Science - Industrial Inorganic-Chemistry
- Diploma - Russian Studies
- B.Sc. - Industrial-Chemistry
• Oversee all production of hemp products and extracts (ethanol reflux distillation and spagyric salt creation).
• Oversee hemp toll processing for third party hemp production
• Oversee hemp product research and development.
• Assist with and perform quality control analysis of hemp product.
• Assist/Run HPLC analysis of hemp product to determine cannabinoid profile.
• Oversee intake of hemp flower and all hemp inventory including flower, crude concentrate and hemp blends.
• Regularly update hemp production SOP’s.
- Hemp Extraction Supervisor / Organic Chemist at Enerhealth Botanicals
- Production Floor Supervisor at Silverpeak Manufacturing
- Manager/ Head of Water Department at GW7 Group
- Lead Field Technician at Air Pollution Testing Laboratory Services
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Chemical/Biological Engineering
with 7+ years of experience leveraging semi-rational design and directed
evolution for heterologous production of natural products and chemical precursors. Experience with analysis of fermentation data, bottleneck identification, and swift generation of both genetic and enzymatic solutions. SYNTHETIC BIOLOGY, ENZYME ENGINEERING, AND ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Scientist II, Enzymology
Amyris November 2018 - present
• Project lead of an Enzymology subgroup consisting of two other PhD. researchers and an associate scientist working on enzyme solutions for the highest priority project at Amyris.
• Responsible for coordinating the execution of, at minimum three and up to five, separate enzyme engineering campaigns led by my teammates and myself. As project lead, I am responsible for priority assignment, negotiating deadlines, reporting progress, IP generation, and aligning my team.
• As project lead, advised on several enzyme diversity generating strategies, screening approaches, and enrichment schemes for various enzymatic bottlenecks. Designed and generated base strains to reflect targeted bottlenecks in a manner consistent with the desired use.
• Coordinate with HTS, analytics, scientific computing, metabolic engineering, and fermentation to propose hypothesis driven experiments and enzymatic limitations that could be addressed through protein engineering.
- Organic chemist turned enzyme engineer at
- Scientist I, Enzymology at Amyris
- at Natural Product Diversification
- at Independent Research
4 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Chemistry
- B.S. - Chemistry
- - Chemistry
• Synthesized various reference heterocyclic compounds, metabolites and intermediate.
• Isolate and purify target compounds from raw materials.
• Responsible in maintaining / developing the products quality, Batch formulation, chemical plant formulation for synthesis of target compounds.
• Coordinate with lab junior scientist & assistants to ensure that the mixing procedure &amounts of chemicals based on formula strictly followed.
• Established various methods for efficient use of chemicals and other resources at the laboratory
• Understand and comply with all elements of company quality system outlined for the position.
• Used DOE to optimize the new methods
• Studied the assigned tasks thoroughly before the actual experimentation and discussed doubts with the senior scientists to achieve objectives of the project.
• Selected the most appropriate route from alternative (cost, time, scale, etc).
• Establish safe working procedure in the area of responsibility (lab & plant) to keep the number of accident to the minimum or zero.
• Delivered excellent and consistent results.
• Completed the tasks assigned within deadlines Organic / Synthetic Chemist High Noon Laboratories Lahore, Pakistan
- Organic Chemist Hamaz Pharmaceutical Multan, Pakistan at
- CS, TO / LS, NP at
- Assistant professor Research Scholar at Chemistry at University of Sargodha
- Lahore at Organic / Synthetic Chemist High Noon Laboratories
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Ph.D - Synthesis and Biological Studies of Some Isatin Derivatives
Worked alongside PhD mentor in a Synthetic Organic Chemistry lab
● Helped developed economically viable synthetic processes for targets, including 2-Bromo-5-Hydroxybenzoic acid
● Designed and ran experiments to test reaction yield and suitability for large-scale use
● Contributed to chemical process development and optimization of existing processes
● Used a variety of analytical methods to monitor reaction processes (HPLC, NMR, GC, LC-MS), critically analyzed data and interpreted experimental results to adjust subsequent experiments
● Communicated experimental results via written and verbal reports on process development activities Monroe Community College - Chemistry Department Rochester, NY Student Aide to Department's Technical Assistant
● Managed laboratory supplies, instruments, and chemicals for two lab courses per semester
● Followed procedures for setting up lab equipment, calibrating instruments, and safe waste disposal
● Collaborated with lab instructors for demonstrations and troubleshooting in the classroom when requested
● Assisted head technical assistant with projects and maintaining a clean and fully stocked preparatory area
● Provided assistance to coworkers in their assigned labs
● Made solutions for class labs, safely handled acids, bases, corrosive and flammable chemicals
● Assessed inventory in class laboratory and stock rooms
- Summer Intern - Synthetic Organic Chemist at Kodak Specialty Chemicals Division
3 months at this Job
- A.S - Chemistry, A.S
- - Organic Chemistry I and II
1. Synthesis of monomers and its characterization using NMR. 2. Synthesis of polymers using Suzuki coupling and its characterization using NMR and GPC 3. Preparation of protein-dye conjugates and its purification using AKTA protein purification system and SEC 4. Study the photophysical properties of various molecules using UV and fluorescence spectrophotometer 5. Ordering chemicals and laboratory supplies 6. Maintain laboratory instruments to ensure proper working order 7. Record and document the work
- Senior Development Organic Chemist at Infotree Service Inc.- Beckman Coulter
- Postdoctoral Associate, Lab manager at Florida International University
- Teaching Assistant (TA) at Florida International University
- Senior Research Scientist at Fresenius Kabi Oncology Ltd
11 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Organic Chemistry
- M.S. - Pharmacy
- B.S. - Pharmacy
Analytical Chemist/NMR Specialist
- Analytical Chemist/NMR Specialist at Janssen Research & Development, LLC.
- Research Chemist at Merck
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist at Colgate-Palmolive
- Postdoctoral Associate at University of Florida
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Physical Chemistry
- MS - Chemistry
- BS - Chemistry
10. Chemist Resume
Responsible for all analytical and operational activities of the semi-volitiles laboratory. Environmental analysis of semi-volatiles include PCB's, Pesticides, Herbicides, Glycols, Alcohols, Diesel Range Organics, Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons, BNA's, Methanes and other gases utilizing GC/Mass Spec, GC-ECD and GC-FID. Monitoring the validity of analyses performed and data generated to assure reliable data for clients. Ensuring prompt and thorough investigation and resolution for customer satisfaction. Coordinating QA/QC procedures and analytical data review procedures in the laboratory.
- Chemist at Fibertec Environmental Services
- Chemist at TransCanada / ANR Pipeline Services
- Mortgage Loan Processor/Branch Operation at Premier Mortgage Funding, Inc
- Senior Chemist IV at Safety-Kleen / ENCOTEC
10 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chemistry