Chicago, IL May 2018 - Present
Rated the #1 Rehabilitation Institute in the US for 29 years, the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the leading rehabilitation hospital for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions - from traumatic brain and spinal cord injury to stroke, amputation and cancer.
Senior Organizational Development Specialist
A Senior Organizational Development Specialist partnering with clinical operating directors, managers, and staff to enhance organizational effectiveness through creating and implementing learning and organization development
strategies and training in support of SRALab's organization initiatives. Advisor and consultant on all things
"learning" from competency-based curriculum mapping, to instructional design concepts and methodologies, to latest learning trends and tools L&D.
• Partnering with clinical operating directors, managers, and staff to enhance organizational effectiveness through creating and implementing learning and organization development strategies and training in support of SRALab's organization initiatives.
• Responsible for the content and delivery of SRALab's Day One Orientation Program.
• Collaborate with organization leaders to determine immediate and long-term organizational development needs.
• Developed a 3-year Learning and Development strategy to scale leadership development programs, staff skill development, and innovation strategy to scale for all generations.
• Created and implemented a Customer Service training program for the hospital.
• Designed and delivered the first leadership module for our newly designed leadership curricula for frontline and mid-level managers, and created the second leadership module in the series on Decision Making.
- Senior Organizational Development Specialist at SHIRLEY RYAN ABILITYLAB
- Manager, Learning Solutions Design & Development at BDO USA, LLP
- Learning and Engagement Manager at DECKERS OUTDOOR CORPORATION
- Manager of Engagement and Recognition at THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY, INC
4 months at this Job
- M.A. - Training and Development
- B.A. - Training and Development
Expanded learning capabilities and drove team effectiveness with zero-cost programs for personal and professional development leveraging internal and external relationships Instrumental in gaining Great Place to Work certification by consulting with executives and leaders across multiple business units to conduct root cause analysis, create cascaded department specific employee engagement strategies, solicit buy-in from stakeholders and deliver measurable results Change management consultant on organizational HR projects including the implementation of a new performance management process and a new promotion process Recognized expert in employee learning and development as program manager for the corporate university and lead facilitator of leadership and management workshops. Courses taught include: Situational Leadership, DiSC and Crucial Conversations
- Organizational Development Specialist at Entertainment Partners
- Leadership & Organizational Development Consultant at
- Organizational Development Specialist at Navajo Tribal Utility Authority (NTUA)
- Parking Manager at Laz Parking
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Doctor of Education in Leadership - Organizational Training and Development
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Situational Leadership Certified Trainer
• Develop, plan, coordinate, and deliver training and development programs designed to meet organizational needs for clients and staff level employees
• Deliver moderately complete technical training programs to external clients and internal team members; delivery methods include eLearning, instructor-led and virtual classroom
• Conduct needs assessment to identify learning objectives
• Ensure compliance courses were assigned and completed to meet regulatory guidelines
• Develop training content to meet the needs of assigned client groups and/or improve upon the quality of existing content
• Lead training and development projects, working with subject matter experts and managers
• Identify appropriate training media and methodologies based on audience learning styles, nature of training being delivered, audience location, and point within the learning process
• Subject Matter Expert and Administrator for Cornerstone's Learning Management System
- Learning & Organizational Development Specialist at Covius Holdings, Inc. (formerly LenderLive Holdings, Inc.)
- Training Consultant at Encore Capital Group
- Training Lead/Engagement Specialist at United Shore
- Training Officer at J.P. Morgan Chase
1 year, 8 months at this Job
California Organizational Development Consulting Simultaneously drive organizational effectiveness and consulting services to enhance the performance of USC Auxiliary Services business units encompassed of Bookstore, Hospitality, Housing, USC Radisson Hotel Transportation, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Generate a learning culture by conducting needs analysis, develop and design curriculum, implement high impact training modules including on-demand workshops, gamifications, and e-learning modules, and evaluating effectiveness to measure the impact Produce a strategic plan that establishes the L&OD team as a solution-focused business partner to Auxiliary Services by tracking measurable outcomes and improving efficiencies with a self-implemented training dashboard
- Learning & Organizational Development Specialist at University of Southern California
- Training & Development Specialist at Keck Hospital
- Office Coordinator at Keck Medical Center of USC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Executive Masters of Leadership - Change Management Certification
- Bachelors of Science - Anthropology
Drives strategic Organizational Development initiatives and serves as a liaison and trusted advisor to senior leadership and key organizational stakeholders for Arizona's largest teaching hospital and public healthcare system.
• Operates as a strategic HR business partner in the identification, development, and implementation of process improvement and change management tools and strategies.
• Developed curriculum, facilitated and led various training programs on Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Leadership Development, Recruitment and Interviewing, Public Speaking, Conflict Resolution and Change Management.
• Built and implemented a new system-wide New Employee and Leader Onboarding program, driving higher levels of employee engagement and commitment, which led to a 20% decrease in first year turnover.
• Created MIHS' first corporate leadership development model, the Leadership Development Institute (LDI). Delivered a full suite of class offerings to ensure that leaders at all levels had the necessary skills and tools to demonstrate best leadership practices.
• Designed and facilitated large-scale annual off-site Leadership Retreats and Forums for over 300 participants, including C-suite and other senior executives.
• Created a high visibility campaign that drove participation in the system-wide Employee Engagement Pulse Survey, resulting in increased awareness and survey completion.
• Partnered with executive staff to roll out new company-wide values and behavior standards; integrated them into staffing, performance, development and recognition strategies.
• Collaborates with leaders and the Employee Relations team to provide performance coaching resources to all levels of the organization, resulting in higher levels of productivity and performance.
• Ensure that curriculum and training materials are developed using evidence-based practices and incorporate the principles of adult learning.
- Sr. Organizational Development Specialist at Maricopa Integrated Health System
- Recruitment Manager at Maricopa Integrated Health System
- Sr. Recruiter, National Recruiting Team at Caremark (CVS), Inc
- Sr. HR Recruiter / Recruitment Team Lead at Schenker, Inc
11 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Human Services
• Design, develop, and teaches professional development seminars for a number of industries including but not limited to, glass manufacturing, banking, healthcare, food services, and higher education. Courses include "soft-skills" such as Career Development, Effective Leadership, Supervision, Customer Service, and Train the Trainer, Team Building, On Boarding/Mentoring, Time and Stress Management, etc.
• Sells and markets educational training to potential business partners for college.
• Trains adults for certification in Customer Service for NRF Foundation, and Advanced Manufacturing Student Skills Council Adjunct Professor, Sociology Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences Richard Stockton College of New Jersey-Pomona, NJ Program Specialist II Department of Family Medicine University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-Stratford, NJ Responsibilities included:
• Directed all activities of the Clinical Education and Assessment Center.
• Supported all grant related activities of Department of Family Medicine.
• Recruited and trained personnel and faculty for Center.
• Assisted in creating simulated medical cases for pre-doctoral training of students.
• Assisted Program Specialist I in planning educational programs and grant writing for Department.
• Managed federal HRSA educational grants for department.
• Collaborated with faculty on research.
• Participated in all departmental committee meetings.
• Served as outside teaching consultant for Interdisciplinary Institute. Cynthia M. Hickman, Ed.D., M.A. Sales Representative Penn-Wheeling Closure Philadelphia, PA Responsibilities included:
• Developed new territories and new product lines.
• Analyzed costs and profits margins on various product line and individual accounts.
• Resolved problems relating to price and application of products. Field Administrator Institute for Survey Research Temple University: Philadelphia, PA Responsibilities included:
• Recruited, hired, and trained personnel for national surveys.
• Instrumental in the development of questionnaires for national studies.
• Collected and analyzed data for various studies.
• Presented comprehensive reports to client/agency. Director of Communication/Student Services Kean College of New Jersey-Union, NJ Responsibilities included:
• Supervised over 100 staff members
• Planned and executed policies of organization.
• Coordinated fund-raising programs.
• Organized all staff activities including recruitment.
• Trained all personnel and performed staff evaluations.
• Organized fundraising outreach projects. COMPUTER TOOLS Office and Computer Tools
• Microsoft XP: Word, PowerPoint, E-mail: Microsoft Outlook
• Style guidelines: APA (American Psychology Association) Cynthia M. Hickman, Ed.D., M.A.
- Organizational Development Specialist at Cumberland County College Workforce and Community Education
15 years at this Job
- Ed.D. - Leadership
- M.A. - Sociology
- B.A. - Sociology
Performance consultant partnering with members of the leadership within healthcare system to deliver high quality training programs and leadership development. Deliver change management to leaders within the organization during Care Reimagined organizational transformation. Partner with human resources leadership to deliver cultural transformation to reinvent the way our safety net hospital delivers care throughout the community.
• Coach leaders through organizational redesign and structure.
• Support Leadership Development Program for nursing, IT, patient registration and other leaders by facilitating classes and developing evaluation of training effectiveness and continued learning program
• Redesign New Employee Orientation for launch of new hospital within the MIHS network
• Obtain certification and design materials to implement Just Culture to all employees in health system
- Organizational Development Specialist at Maricopa Integrated Health System
- Organizational Development Training Specialist at Microchip Technology Inc
- Organizational Learning Specialist at Walgreens Drug Stores
- at Walgreens Drug Stores
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Interdisciplinary Studies
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
• Provide organizational development and training services on a contractual basis for corporate environments, not-for-profit organizations, colleges, universities, public and private schools.
• Complete organizational assessments, make recommendations regarding appropriate interventions, oversee the design and implementation of organizational development and training projects, evaluate the effectiveness of programs, and provide follow-up.
• Specialize in programs designed to improve knowledge and skill in the following areas: Career Development, Conflict Resolution, Continuous Quality Improvement, Interpersonal Communications, Leadership Development, Organizational Change, Personal Enrichment, Problem Solving, Team Building, and Sales.
- Organizational Development Specialist at Freelance Consultant
- Adjunct Instructor at University of Missouri - St. Louis
- Education Specialist at St. Charles Community College
- Specialist - Organizational Development & Training at University of Missouri - St. Louis
28 years at this Job
- PH.D. - Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
- Master's of Education - Curriculum & Instruction
- Bachelor of Science degree - Business Administration
- Associate of Applied Science - Business Management
FULL TIME/CONTRACT POSITION)
• Plans, coordinates, and facilitates complex projects for the Organizational Effectiveness & Learning and Development Departments organization-wide and across all on/off-site facilities
• Serves as Project Manager for all employee engagement programs and efforts, organization-wide (20,000+ employees) which includes timeline work, communications, staff/faculty affairs, diversity and inclusion, logistics, material development, etc.
• Primary content editor and lead facilitator for the WFBH leadership development training program; Leadership Essentials across the organization
• Works cross-departmentally with on various strategic projects
• Consults on additional leadership development curriculum, implementation, and design
• Works as a part of an organization-wide communications team for OE, L&D, HR, engagement, and Diversity & Inclusion
• Consults on marketing, PR, and outreach initiatives and communications
• Assists in activities to ensure organizational compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory standards
- TRAINING & ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST at WAKE FOREST BAPTIST
- STRATEGIC INITIATIVES SPECIALIST at PIEDMONT TRIAD REGIONAL COUNCIL
- ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER at SLATTER MANAGEMENT
- CASE MANAGER/COMMUNITY BUILDING FACILITATOR at CRUMLEY ROBERTS
8 months at this Job
- BACHELORS OF SCIENCE
Public sector training and development at 5000 employee trauma center. Orientation for new hires, contractors, and student interns. Coordinated annual training requirements for staff.
- Organizational Development Specialist at University Medical Center of Southern Nevada
- Director/Administrator of Human Resources at Southern Nevada Health District
- Director of Human Resources at Montevista Behavioral Health Hospital
- Human Resource Administrator at Desert Springs Hospital
10 months at this Job
- Master's - Organizational Development and Change
- Bachelor's - Business Administration