Chicago, IL May 2018 - Sep 2018
Rated the #1 Rehabilitation Institute in the US for 29 years, the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the leading rehabilitation hospital for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions - from traumatic brain and spinal cord injury to stroke, amputation
Senior Organizational Development Specialist
A Senior Organizational Development Specialist partnering with clinical operating directors, managers, and staff to enhance organizational effectiveness through creating and implementing learning and organization development
strategies and training in support of SRALab's organization initiatives. Advisor and consultant on all things
"learning" from competency-based curriculum mapping, to instructional design concepts and methodologies, to latest learning trends and tools L&D.
• Partnering with clinical operating directors, managers, and staff to enhance organizational effectiveness through creating and implementing learning and organization development strategies and training in support of SRALab's organization initiatives.
• Responsible for the content and delivery of SRALab's Day One Orientation Program.
• Collaborate with organization leaders to determine immediate and long-term organizational development needs.
• Developed a 3-year Learning and Development strategy to scale leadership development programs, staff skill development, and innovation strategy to scale for all generations.
• Created and implemented a Customer Service training program for the hospital.
• Designed and delivered the first leadership module for our newly designed leadership curricula for frontline and mid-level managers, and created the second leadership module in the series on Decision Making.
- Senior Organizational Development Specialist at SHIRLEY RYAN ABILITYLAB
- Manager, Learning Solutions Design & Development at BDO USA, LLP
- leader at DECKERS OUTDOOR CORPORATION
- at THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY, INC
4 months at this Job
- M.A. - Training and Development
- B.A. - Training and Development
• Partnered on several global projects to implement standard processes and new technology for HR activities (i.e., terminations, hiring, promotions, and transfers)
• Developed expertise in organizational and position management
• Partnered with Centers of Expertise and Business HR teams to plan and execute projects
• Led compliance with company policies and governmental legislation Jan 2008- Organizational Development Specialist Dec 2011Syngenta
• Partnered with senior leadership teams to design and lead organizational interventions to address issues such as strategy development, performance improvement, morale & culture, and organizational structure design.
- Organizational Development Specialist at Centers of Expertise and Business HR
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Brea, CA Learning & Performance Sr. Analyst / Organizational Development Specialist * Spearhead corporate-wide executive coaching initiatives to enhance leadership competencies and personal development of the Executive Management Team (EMT) including CFO, CIO, Directors, and Managers including Franklin Covey's The 7 Habits for Highly Effective People Signature Program, FOCUS Time Management program, and Inside/Out Coaching resulting in higher leadership performance * Implement, steer and evaluate organizational development interventions including 1 on 1 leadership coaching, performance management, and change management initiatives, resulting in increased employee engagement and team cohesiveness across all business units including Operations, Finance, IT, Human Resources and the Strategic Initiatives Office * Responsible for introducing and administering the web-based, talent acquisition solution (CEB/SHL) designed to predict readiness of potential applicants for employment and identify key high performers for career advancement, resulting in high caliber new hires and retention as well as lowering turnover costs * Proactively research, recommend, and implement the competency-based interviewing system Lominger® Leadership Architect, correcting deficiencies in behavioral interviewing procedures and resulting in an effective hiring process across the company * As Organizational Development Specialist, responsibilities include establishing close partnerships with business unit heads in identifying and employing organizational development interventions and training programs in effort to promote and enhance employee engagement * Apply analytical methodologies such as Kirkpatrick in measuring the value and outcomes of all training courses, identifying learning gaps, implementing effective solutions in alignment with organizational requirements. * Interact heavily with cross functional teams, SMEs, and third-party vendors in gathering and analyzing business unit-specific learning requirements and system functionalities resulting in successful implementations of large scale training and development initiatives for Sr. Management, People Leaders, and Associates * Responsible for building robust and engaging instructor-led, blended, and eLearning solutions and learning tools utilizing User Guides, PowerPoint decks, and Microsoft Word to elevate employee performance and decrease training costs for the company
- Learning & Performance Sr. Analyst / Organizational Development Specialist at VPI Pet - Nationwide Mutual Insurance
- Adjunct Professor at University of Phoenix
- Organizational Development Consultant at SDSW Consulting
- Adjunct Psychology Professor (Psychology) at SDSW Consulting
9 years, 3 months at this Job
- Doctorate of Philosophy - Educational Psychology
- Masters of Science - Industrial / Organizational Psychology
- Bachelors - Business / Information Systems
• Improve organizational effectiveness through leadership development program design, implementation, and facilitation
• Monitor and report on training effectiveness
• Participate in team development, training, change management, and development of skills database
• Work with outside vendors to explore and secure learning solutions
• Support employee engagement engagement survey deployment, analysis, and action planning
• Certified FranklinCovey facilitator
- Organizational Development Specialist at MENASHA PACKAGING COMPANY
- Living Legacy of Leadership (L3) Team - Manager at BW PAPERSYSTEMS (Barry-Wehmiller Company)
- Senior Facilitator at Barry-Wehmiller University (BWU)
- Living Legacy of Leadership (L3) Team - Member at BW Papersystems (Barry-Wehmiller Company)
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Leadership & Organizational Studies
- Associate - Business Management
- Associate - Accounting
- Process owner and facilitator for the New Hire Orientation - 360 Degree Feedback Coach - Creator of "Talent Management Monthly, " monthly employee development newsletter - Created webinars and trainings on topics such as interviewing, goal setting and introductions into new database systems - Participated in the implementation of a new HCM system (Workday) - Developed communications pieces, executive summaries and quick reference guides to assist with change management - Conducted and implemented research on several Organizational Development topics to improve employee life and their career development
- Organizational Development Specialist at Aegion Corporation
- at Group Process Hiring for Housing
- at SIUE Women's Leadership Institute
- at Leadership Luncheon Presentation Series
9 months at this Job
- M.A. - Industrial Organizational Psychology
- B.B.A. - Business Management and Marketing
Organizational Development & Employee Engagement Passionate development professional with eight years of experience conducting needs analysis, facilitating teams, and managing initiatives related to employee engagement, continuous improvement, and achieving strategic goals. Experience with various project management methods including the OD Process Model and Six Sigma DMAIC. Skilled in building relationships and communicating with employees with a wide range of roles, skill levels, and geographic locations. Employment Edlong | 2007 – Present Originally employed as a Quality Chemist by Edlong, a small but global privately-owned food ingredient company. Routinely asked to serve as a department representative on cross-functional teams and initiatives. Appointed team lead when an internal communication and employee engagement team was created. Transferred to the Customer Service department to initiate restructuring and order management related process improvements. Selected to serve in improvement and change management projects in all areas of the company with increasing focus in these areas, eventually resulting in a new position in Organizational Development. Organizational Development Specialist
• Developing content for and analyzing data from employee satisfaction surveys, focus groups, and pulse surveys for senior leadership status updates and improvement opportunities
• Organizing and facilitating communication workshops, assessed results, and recommended action plans for functional groups and leaders resulting in 20% increase in satisfaction related to communication and support between departments
• Closing gaps in cross-functional support and training with limited resources in a small company, by building a peer learning program consistently attended by more than 40% of onsite employees that is breaking down departmental silos and increasing collaboration throughout the company
• Uncovering training needs and gaps, developing content, coaching presenters, tracking attendance, evaluating effectiveness, providing feedback, and maintaining video library of training
• Creating and deploying internal communication strategy including progress on company goals and executive communications
• Conducting workshops with functional teams and individuals to create personal objectives aligned with strategic company goals
• Leading multiple project teams following the DMAIC project management process as part of a continuous improvement team aligned with operational excellence strategy
• Integrating new employees into company culture by incorporating internal communications training into new employee onboarding and broadcasting video introductions to the company
• Planning and coordinating quarterly all-company forum meetings with an average approval rating of 97%
• Leading a branded giving back program which aligns with company mission and includes monetary donations, volunteer opportunities, and a matching gifts program totaling more than 1% of profits annually
• Collaborating with IT to maximize effectiveness of internal communication systems Customer Service Coordinator
• Creating strategy and training for order management process improvements involving customer service, operations and accounting
• Managing requests for information through various channels and departments ensuring the customer deliverable is complete and cohesive
• Training sales staff on internal processes for streamlined information flow to customers
• Conducting SWOT analysis to identify staffing needs and prioritize departmental goals
• Optimizing CRM for accuracy of reporting information and standardizing processes Senior Quality Chemist
• Reducing lab supply spend by 13% with increasing testing requirements
• Leading raw material information input strategy for technical software implementation
• Quality department lead for SOP reviews, new employee onboarding and compliance training
- Organizational Development Specialist at Edlong
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Biology
Led components of career planning, service training, and organizational change initiatives, leveraging
servant leadership strategies to maintain alignment with organizational objectives.
• Directed facets of talent development programs for 127 employees, effectively executing project assessments, administration, implementation, and evaluation to promote success.
• Maintained consistent, strategic internal communication with employees to ensure all team members were up-to-date on policy and strategy changes.
• Organized events to engage employees and bolster morale, facilitating employee recognition initiatives and philanthropic functions.
• Assessed employee engagement survey results to identify opportunities for increases in satisfaction, directing engagement strategy. 5709 BENNINGTON AVE
• BATON ROUGE, LA 70808
• (225) 803-1158
• [email protected]
• Curated reports on a monthly basis for distribution at board meetings, gathering information regarding new hire training participation to demonstrate the impact of training program.
• Implemented development initiatives to maintain customer service, satisfaction, and retention.
• Developed new hire onboarding and orientation to explain and promote company culture and service standards, facilitating employee acclimation with cultural expectations.
• Partnered with a local school, Cristo Rey, to provide four students with scholarships; facilitated student completion of leadership development program to foster executive and written communication in addition to business acumen.
- Training & Organizational Development Specialist at Essential Federal Credit Union (FCU)
- Training Program Manager at Louisiana State University
- at Louisiana State University
- Continuing Education Instructor at Louisiana State University
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD - Leadership & Human Resource Development
- Master of Science - (MS), Vocational Education & Human Resource Development
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Psychology
Identify and assess organizational issues and training / development needs.
● Launch and deploy leadership development programs, tools and processes.
● Deliver supervisory skills content training
● Review evaluations of training courses, objectives, and accomplishments.
● Identify/incorporate lessons learned and best practices into program plans.
● Serve as education liaison to internal and external customers including professional organizations, and the business and educational community.
● Develop learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, and lesson plans.
● Leverage Learning Management System (LMS) to communicate programs, register participants, track attendance and create individual development plans.
● Assess effectiveness of training in terms of employee accomplishments and performance.
● Consult with management on performance, organizational, and leadership matters.
- LEADERSHIP & ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST at Hospital Corporation of America
- PHYSICIAN LIAISION CONSULTANT at Kidney Specialty Center
1 year at this Job
- MASTERS DEGREE
- Bachelor's - Health Services Administration
Facilitated strategic engagements between local community groups and government municipalities bringing workforce development training to United States Peace Corps volunteers in the Albania region. Successfully developed high quality grant proposals that successfully landed key funding sources. Partnered with International Embassies to develop and execute targeted initiatives that largely improved growth in the tourism sector within the Northern Albania. Championed asset-based approaches to create free and accessible curriculums to further enhance the educational development of youth and adult learners, while leveraging local business relationships to increase cross-organizational collaboration.
● Developed strategic cost cutting measures, enabling one of the top Albanian restaurant establishments to reduce its operating expenses by more than 10% in fiscal 2018.
- Community Organizational Development Specialist at PEACE CORPS ALBANIA
- Youth Program Coordinator at EDSI
- Senior Accounting Analyst at NAVIGANT PACE
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Osteopathic Medicine - Osteopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Develop strategies to reach short and long-term organizational goals.
• Apply Lean Six Sigma Philosophy to identify company's waste and improve performance quality by reinforcing strategic process.
• Improved client's internal process using analysis techniques and strategic human capital planning.
- ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST at Medtronic
- INDUSTRIAL ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY INTERN at Carlos Albizu University
- OUTBOUND CALL UNIT REPRESENTATIVE at MMM holdings, LLC
- at MSSS Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- MS IN INDUSTRIAL - INDUSTRIAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
- BA - SOCIAL SCIENCE
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt