I worked as a dental assistantt as well as an orthodontist assistant. Lastly I worked as an independent tennis coach.
- Orthodontist Assistant at ARCH DENTAL
2 years at this Job
- Adult diploma program
- High school
Orthodontist assistant may adjust patients' braces, take X-rays, make molds of patients' teeth, and photograph the changes to patient's teeth due to their braces. You also perform administrative tasks, such as working the reception desk, making appointments, filling out billing and insurance information, and organizing patient records
- Orthodontist Assistant at Dr. Robert Thacker
- Administrative Assistant at Larry Russell CPA
- Hostess at Ross bridge Golf Resort and Spa
6 months at this Job
- High school
Assisted the orthodontist during procedures, placed brackets on patient, billed insurances, sent records for pre-authorizations, answered phone calls, scheduled appointments, discussed payment plan and financial agreement with patients.
- Orthodontist assistant at
at this Job
- - Biology
• Provide information regarding procedures and processes that the facility offers
• Detail patient information to orthodontist and discuss care plan
• Prepare examination and procedure rooms by ensuring that all amenities and supplies are available
• Sterilize equipment and instruments and ensure that appropriate tray setup is maintained
• Provide chairside assistance by handing orthodontists their instruments during procedures and surgeries
• Take dental x-rays and facial photographs as part of the dental intervention procedure
• Assist in handling staff and patient records by ensuring complete confidentiality
• Make impressions of teeth for mouth guards and other oral fixtures
• Educate patients in performing post procedural care
- Orthodontist Assistant at Kool Smiles
- Office Assistant at Gemstonne
- CREW TRAINER at McDonalds
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
- Bachelors in Science
As an Orthodontist Assistant, I am responsible for taking xrays. I also do the monthly adjustments and take the photos. I am responsible for making patients appointments, answering the telephone and taking patient payments. I sterilize the instruments too.
- Orthodontist Assistant at Ibrush Family Dental
- Orthodontist Assistant at
17 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Dental Assistant
Pediatric duties preformed
• Easily adapted and transitioned from assisting orthodontist to pediatric dentistry on a weekly basis.
• Assisted chairside with pediatric dentist while preforming duties such as extractions, sealants and amalgam / composite fillings.
• Taught new and existing patients and parents the importance of a healthy diet as well as how to properly brush, floss and safely use fluoride rinses and pastes.
• Graciously welcomed and seated patients and families and always accommodated their needs on case by case basis. For example, making sure overly nervous patients had a hand to hold, parent or sibling had seating available nearby, or telling a funny story to lighten their mood and establish a connection and trust.
• Updated any changes in medical or health history prior to being seen by the doctor.
• Captured and developed PA's and bitewings as requested.
• "Prophied", flossed and applied topical fluoride / varnish to each patient following guidelines of individuals insurance or payment type, before and after treatment by hygienist and/or dentist.
• Made myself available to hygienist if schedule allowed. Orthodontic and general office responsibilities
• Proficient in eagle soft programming for ortho/pedo use.
• Started each day by checking schedule for any new appointments or cancellations to prevent falling behind or being unprepared for any changes to scheduling.
• Formed connections with patients and parents by always keeping a welcoming can-do attitude. Explained what each appointment would consist of and encouraged patients and parents feel comfortable in our office and to ask questions if they weren't clear on anything in their treatment plan.
• Stayed on top of infection control and setup and break downs for each patient throughout the day. Always following DANB infection control guidelines to ensure patient safety as well as staff safety.
• Learned the different methods each doctor and patient prefers to be sure every day ran smoothly and patients always felt confident in my care.
• Untied, removed and replaced orthodontic wires, steel ties and power chains, etc.
• Prepped in a timely manner for unexpected emergencies as they sometimes arise. Such as, removing broken appliances, re-cementing appliances, taking impressions and fabricating new models as needed, (re) placing separators, fitting new bands and/or re-cementing lose bands or de-bonded brackets.
• Assisted during banding and de-bandings by prepping operatory and bay area as needed. Placed and or removed brackets and orthodontic wires. Took quality impressions to ensure retainers and fixed appliances fit correctly, went over diet and hygiene for patients receiving fixed appliances. Explained retainer wear and care for best long term results.
• Captured, uploaded and developed intra and extra-oral photos and radiographs for insurance coverage and initial / final records.
• Poured up and trimmed stone models, fabricated essix retainers.
• Replenished ortho and pedo supplies as needed. Made note of when supplies were running low. Maintained cleanliness and often reorganized supplies to help utilizes storage in the office.
• Attended activities outside of normal office hours to help attract new patients.
• Offered help to my coworkers and doctors during downtime or unexpected cancellations.
• Frequently looked over recall list and tried to fill openings in our schedule.
• Reviewed the schedule and Set up for the following day prior to closing the office each night.
- Orthodontist assistant at Dr. Lee, Dr. Santana and Dr. Hami
- Orthodontist assistant at Dr. Yogi Chen & Dr. Sirena Hsieh
- Sales / office assistant at M & P Motors
- Server / Cashier at Nick's Clam Shack
8 months at this Job
- Certificate of completion
- GED Diploma
❖ Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist orthodontist during procedures. ❖ Expose and scan dental x-rays into the computer. ❖ Record treatment information in patient records. ❖ Instruct patients in oral hygiene. ❖ Order and monitor dental supplies. ❖ Clean and polish removable appliances. ❖ Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners. ❖ Answer phone calls and take messages ❖ File and create patients charts ❖ Receive payments and post it in patients' accounts
- Orthodontist Assistant at NOVA Orthodontist
- Lead Teacher at Chesterbrook Academy
- Front Desk Assistant at Road Trust Automotive
- Cashier at JC Penny
10 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminology, Law and Society
- - General Studies
- Orthodontist assistant at Scott moon DDS orthodontist
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Some high school
- Trade school - Orthodontist assistant
- Trade school - Orthodontist assistant
• Greet patients upon arrival for appointments.
• Manage Orthodontist's patient schedule.
• Schedule patient appointments.
• Document notes in patient's chart.
• Manage supply inventory.
• Prepare room prior to patient's visit and perform braces adjustments, take patient x-rays, remove stitches, prepare the tools necessary for each appointment.
- ORTHODONTIST ASSISTANT at West Paces Ferry Orthodontics
- ORTHODONTIST ASSISTANT at Family Orthodontics
- TRAINER/HEAD SERVER at Texas Roadhouse
1 year at this Job
- BS - Biology
Chair side assistant. Work with self ligation as well as twin brackets. Itero scanning, CBTC scanning, suresmile. Impressions, pouring models, trimming. Make our own essix retainers. Perform all adjustments for patients, discuss oral hygiene. Front desk duties including answering phones and scheduling appointments.
- Orthodontist Assistant at Dr. James Gibson
- Model cocktail server at M Resort
- VIP Attendant at Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa, and Casino
- Lead Assistant, Vegas Cool Smiles Orthodontics at Timothy P. Reardon, DDS
5 months at this Job