NBOTC certified. Presently been employed 30 years as an Orthopedic Technician 11. Looking to relocate
- Orthopedic Technician at Kaiser Permanente
30 years, 1 month at this Job
Full time/On call Performed duties of orthopedic technician in Ortho/Podiatry clinic casting, splinting and training. Also served on various committees serving the community Clinical Supervisor | OrthoVa | Oct 2008-Presnt Serves as lead clinical technician and ensures that quality and customer service standards are met by the care team. Position is a working supervisor role and maintains principal clinical duties associated with orthopedic technician roll
- ORTHOPEDIC TECHNICIAN at KAISER PERMANENTE
- Orthopedic Technician at KAISER PERMANENTE
- Clinical Supervisor at US Army
1 month at this Job
- US ARMY - ORTHOPEDIC TECH
- High school
Orthopedic Technician who splints, and cast patients per MD/PA orders. Wound care and diabetic patient care experience. Cast removal, staples and suture removal, and proper wound after care. Experience with reverse mayo cast, ulnar gutter splint/cast, radial gutter splint/cast, thumb spica short arm cast and IP free, volar splints, sugar tong splint, poster splints, long arm casts, short leg casts, and total contact casts. Proper care of casts, and splints provided to patients and explained. Fitting of crutches, boots, and braces per patient injury. Epic transcription of patient orders and care that was provided.
- Orthopedic Technician at Mercy Health System
- Orthopedic Technician at Verity Medical Foundation
- Caregiver at
- Orthopedic Technician Intern at Kaiser Permanente San Jose
3 months at this Job
- Phlebotomy certification
Triage patients, remove sutures and staples. Fill out FMLA paperwork, put in orders for surgery. Refill perscriptions. Input correct diagnosis codes for billing. Registered orthopedic technician. Submit diagnostic orders.
- Medical Assistant/orthopedic technician at Alamo orthopedics
- Flex Driver at Amazon Flex
- PCA/CNA at Baptist Healthcare System
- X-Ray Technician/MA/Front Desk at Arete Urgent Care
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - General studies
- Associate - Health Care Management
- Associate - Human resource administration
- Diploma - CMA
- - Medical
- Orthopedic Technician at SportsMed Orthopedic Clinic
- Sales Associate at Verizon
- Childcare Attendant at Joyful Noize Childcare
- Pre-School Instructor at Gulf Coast Christian Center
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate of Allied Health Orthopedic Technician - Allied Health Orthopedic Technician
I have almost 21 years of experience as a Orthopedic Technician and Medical assistant. Tucson Orthopaedic Institute. 1.Take patients vitals and document. 2.I am able to apply any type of cast or splint for a group of surgeons that include hand, foot and ankle and pediatric doctors. 3.I am able to to remove sutures and staples and any type of wound care. 4.I am able to enter patient information and H&P into the Enterprise EHR system. 5.Answer and chart patients calls. 6.I communicate with the doctors any concerns patient may have with a cast or splint and find a solution for there concerns.
- Orthopedic Technician/ Medical assistant at Tucson Orthopaedic Institute
- Medical Assistant at Dr William Luke West Thomas Medicine
21 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Medical assistant program
- High school - General
Working along side an orthopedic surgeon as assistant.Designs, applies, removes and adjusts a wide variety of casts, splints, soft goods and other orthopedic devices as directed by the physician. Prepares patients for casting procedures and explains techniques. Maintains cast department supplies. Maintains sterilization of clinic instruments. Maintains cast department patient log. Preparing and rooming patients for clinic check up, scheduling and drawing injections. First assist in Surgical procedures
- Orthopedic Technician at Keesler Medical Center
- Senior Psychiatric Technician at Gulfport Behavioral Health
- Durable Medical Equipment and Casting Technician at Bienville Orthropaedic Specialists
- Service Technician II, Customer Service Representative at Sears Auto Center
10 months at this Job
- BACHELOR of SCIENCE - Kinesiology/Exercise Science
- ASSOCIATE of ARTS - Pre-Physical Therapy
•Application of casts and splints with or without traction techniques, including highly specialized hip spica and body casting applications elsewhere performed in the operating room only.
•Removal of cutaneous pins and proper wound care counseling for post operative patients.
•External fixation device wound care and education.
•Removal of sutures and staples both in the cast room and in clinics when there are difficult situations.
•Application and removal of wound vac systems for patients with complicated wounds arising from various medical diagnosis.
•Proper application and patient education of over the counter medical products known as DME when a DME representative is unavailable.
•Consulting with Podiatry and Plastic surgery and coordinating proper casting/splinting care for their patients. Knowledge and experience is limited and therefore I am sought out to help aid in patient care for clinics other then my hired department of Orthopedic Surgery.
•Responsible for maintaining and coordinated a newly created JHOC cast room specific schedule. Coordinate patient appointments for cast room procedures not requiring patients physician to be in attendance.
•Charge capture of CPT codes and minutes billed for each procedure performed for patients treated by myself. Detailed log sheets kept for every patient to ensure proper billing by our department.
•Resident education for clinic, emergency room and inpatients. Residents will request to bring patients to me to properly treat while they observe, ask questions and document for learning purposes.
•CNA/CMA education on various aspects of orthopedics including post operative complications, different products used for wound complications, removal of difficult sutures and staples. Act as a liason between physician and the assistant to ensure proper education.
- Orthopedic Technician at Hospital/University
- Orthopedic Technician at Foot and ankle institute at Mercy medical center
- Combat Medical Specialist at U.S. Army
at this Job
- U.S. Army - Orthopedics and combat trauma medicine
• Assists the Orthopedic Physician with the management of fracture reduction, dislocations, and the application of casts/splints.
• Able to obtain patient vital signs and properly document them in the patient's medical record.
• Remove sutures or staples. Applies and removes bandages and dressings. Demonstrates and educates patients on general exercises as ordered by the provider.
• Ensures that sufficient inventories of medical and office supplies are stocked and maintained in the office and exam rooms.
- Orthopedic Technician at Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Personal Trainer at Evolve Fitness Training
- Part time Tanning Consultant at Palm Beach Tans
- Personal Trainer at Foundation Fitness
5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
DME dept manager in charge of all casting splinting, bracing, and all supply ordering as well as liaison with venders. Orthopedic dept is experienceing great amount of changes and am interested in seeing other opportunities.
- Orthopedic Technician at Integris Baptist Medical Center
- BANNER CHILDREN SPECIALIST at ORTHOPEDIC TECHNICIAN/DME Dept Manager
- ORTHOPEDIC TECHNICIAN at THE CORE INSTITUTE
- Emergency Department Technician at Phoenix Children's Hospital
9 months at this Job
- Certification - number
- - Emergency Medical Technician
- Medical Assistant - Certified Medical Assistant