OSP Engineer supporting CenturyLink FTH, FTTP. Network Builds
- OSP Engineer at MOUNTAIN LTD
- OSP & ISP Engineer at EX2 Technology
- Technical Manager IR at CO's Frontier
- Technical Manager IR/CO's Verizon/Frontier at 35 Central Office, I&R, and Construction Technicians for Bullhead
1 month at this Job
- Masters Certificate Project Mangement - Project Management
Responsibilities of the Outside Plant Engineer include design of buried and aerial cable systems and OSP supporting structures. This includes taking accurate and detailed field notes, drafting, and validating. Candidates must be familiar with OSP Engineering standards, practices, and construction methods. Working knowledge in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation required.
- OSP Engineer at Byers Engineering Company
- OSP Engineer Supervisor at OSMOSE UTILITIES SERVICES INC
- FTTH Field Engineer at TrueNet Communications
- Telecom Operations Chief w/duty as a Recrutier / Center Commander at United States Army
7 months at this Job
FTTP, FTTH, GiGe/Ethernet, Network buildings, Pole Audit/Height attachments< Initial Customer contact, schedule surveys, perform ISP and OSP engineering. Review and correct auto-cad engineering. (REDLINES) Review and complete red lines from vendor upon completion.
- OSP Engineer at Mountain LTD
- ISP/OSP Engineer at REDLINES
- Frontier Communications Technical Manager IR at CO's Frontier
- Operations Manager at AT&T
1 month at this Job
- Master Certificate - Project Management
- - Conflict Management to Managing
- Research and evaluate various route options associated with the project. Research shall include aerial and underground options, existing customer conduit and other third party conduit. - Recommend final route based on most economical solution and permitting agency’s recommendation. - Develop base mapping and provide field engineering services required to prepare permit drawings, OSP construction drawings, and final as-built drawings in electronic GIS format - Creation of base maps shall utilize source material such as tax maps, County/DOT roadway plans, building site plans, recorded plat maps, railroad survey maps, and other data. - Research and incorporate permitting requirement from jurisdictional authorities (i.e., state, county, city, railroads, and others) into the OSP design - Research includes existing customer records and records of other third party conduit that may be available through the Telecommunications Act of 1996 or purchase.
- OSP Engineer at TESINC, LLC
- F1 Lead OSP Engineer - AT&T at TESINC LLC
- F1 OSP Engineer - AT&T at TESINC LLC
- Planning Engineer - Verizon (Microstation) at TESINC LLC
7 months at this Job
- - Engineering
Duties include: Oversee all new build projects, splicing augments, fiber maintenance, outages, relocations and estimates for the Austin/Waco market. Manage over 1500 miles of fiber network between metro back-bone and long-haul route within the market. I perform all site walkouts for new builds and coordinate/manage contract crews for all OSP and ISP related projects. Manage all projects from design, bid, permitting, work and as-built documentation, fiber testing and FQA package submittal. Work with Field Planners on a weekly basis to discuss costing and fiber planning throughout the market. I plan, route and manage new ring splicing throughout multiple fiber networks within the market. Work with TXDOT, the City of Austin, and Union Pacific Railroad on projects to coordinate facility moves and obtain permits for projects. Actively work in 15+ systems on a daily basis to document as-built information, splicing performed, add routes, and new buildings. I am highly skilled in Network Express, Clarify, BPM, CAT to name a few. Attend many weekly meetings for project updates, contractor scheduling and financial tracking for all projects. I perform monthly budgeting and accruals for all new build projects. Order/receive and deploy materials such as: fiber reels, FTP panels, splice enclosures, splice trays, wall boards, racks, pigtails, hand holes, and any route maintenance material needed. I have also helped to train 3 other OSPE's with the market.
- OSP Engineer at Level 3 Communications
- Global Field Services Tech 1 at Level 3 Communications
- Broadband Technician II at Suddenlink Communications
- Broadband Network Technician at Grande Communications
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- High school
As an OSP Engineer II for Centurylink I am responsible for the management of all fiber and copper engineering and construction projects within my 5 designated areas. I plan, design and maintain all OSP infrastructure that belongs to centurylink. I mange 20-30 projects at any given time ranging from a large-scale fiber to the business build to as small as moving a pole or pedestal for a residential customer. I prepare and propose written detailed cost estimates to customers using a BART billing process used by Centurylink for projects associated with customer & contractor moves. facility My planning and design with attention to detail is very critical and being able to make changes on short notice due to issues that arise during construction making sure projects are not held up for long periods of time. I submit documentation for all right of way and permits for my projects. I also submit for all pole attachments needed for all joint use with power companies I am very conscious of a budget and write business justifications associated with any project large or small. I am very professional in both written and verbal communications with internal and external employees and contractors. I order material creating requisitions associated with equipment needed for projects using SAP system. I pay contractor invoices daily reviewing As-builts and updating records after projects are in progress or after completion using Bidmaster & Fireworks systems. I work closely with all developers, municipalities and power companies while maintaining relationships. Centurylink uses a line extension contractor daily for every project. I provide them with detailed prints and creation of contract for every job using Rus codes. I am well organized and detail oriented and very effective in multi-tasking. I use Network Design system software for all print while converting into Auto Cad 3D Maps for all notes. I like to use all data base systems and I have very strong computer skills and learn very fast with new programs. I don't mind working extra hours and weekends depending on business needs. Communication is the key to everything and I always do my best to keep everyone updated and involved. I am always looking to learning anything I can and giving back to others with the knowledge I have gained.
- Osp Engineer ll at Centurylink Communications Spokane WA
- Cable Maintenance Technician at Qwest/Centurylink Communications Spokane WA
- Supply Attendant at Qwest Communications
- Installation Technician at Qwest Communications
3 years, 8 months at this Job
• Ensure that network deployments are fast and efficient
• Own the quality control process to produce a value-engineered design, removing all obstacles to construction
• Define the fiber outside plant GIS data entry standard
• Manage and enforce engineering quality and compliance with the Fiber outside plant design specification; ensure the constructability of all Fiber outside plant construction packages; use GIS / CAD systems to create detailed engineering and construction documentation
• Vendor management experience.
• Experience managing highly-complex, technical projects preferably in the communications industry
• Deep understanding of communications construction processes (OSP placing, OSP splicing)
• Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills. Expert Microsoft Excel Skills
• Exceptional critical thinking ability
• Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills. understanding of communications engineering and related systems: Architecture of FTTH networks, GIS / CAD Inland Engineering Services, Inc. Corona, CA. U.S.A. OSP ENGINEER/Drafter (Contract-Per Unit/Time Warner Cable Business Class Project)
- OSP ENGINEER at GOOGLE PROJECT & CENTURY LINK
- OSP Fiber Optic Design Engineer at CHC CONSULTING
- Design Engineer at Tower and Fiber
- FTTP FIBER OPTIC AND COPPER DESIGN ENGINEER at Impact Solution Consulting Inc
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electronics and Communication Engineering
• Lead engineering, design and construction to expand and maintain Xfinity OSP network. Oversaw 58 large-scale projects and drove productivity via vendor resources.
• Interfaced with appropriate internal and external organizations to communicate and accomplish required tasks. Proposed and implemented solutions to creatively achieve goals.
• Project Managed activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
• Prepared detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spent forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- OSP Engineer/ Delivery Manager at OC COMMUNICATION
- CenturyLink Acct OSP Project Management (Contractor) at MOUNTAIN LTD
- Field Manager (Contractor) at MYCOM USA
- CenturyLink Acct OSP Engineer (Contractor) at MOUNTAIN LTD
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications and Computer Management - Telecommunications and Computer Management
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration - Business Administration
Perform a range of OSP Engineering duties including: field staking; WO package prep; permitting; Quality Assurance review of field notes and CAD production. Assisted as needed to assign work to field crews and billing to client.
- OSP Engineer at Byers Engineering
- Supervisor, OSP Engineering, Network Services at Windstream Communications
- Engineer II, Network Services at Windstream Communications
- Outside Plant Engineer at Mid-South Consulting Engineers
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Business Administration
- - General Education
-Manage medium to high complexity projects for new development and network upgrades end to end. -Commercial bidding -Oversee the design of the OSP and ISP fiber network from beginning with prelim design through to a full job package to final As-Built completion. -Establish relationship with cities and subcontractors to ensure efficient processes are in place. -Support estimate, job cost, budget, reporting and job tracking. -Fiber/Coax/Backbone/Backhaul/Node +0/Metro -FTTCS, FTTB/FTTH, FTTN/FTTP -OSP & ISP Engineering
- Project Manager & OSP Engineer at Sefnco Communications
- Project Manager & Peer Mentor at Vivax Pros
- Project Coordinator at Crown Castle
- Project Coordinator & Office Manager at Bluegrass Networks LLC
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- B.A. - Economics & Business Administration