Use 8 applications including NDS, Forte, FireWorks and OSPFM to design fiber backbones and well as RT sites ✓ Convert field notes and planning documents into engineering designs ✓ Train new staff of Goodman OSP methodologies Ramtech via Brius/OSP Engineer (Contract) Villa Rica, Ga. ✓ Verify the integrity initial aerial and buried fiber designs and make modifications where necessary in Verizon's Network Engineer network design application ArcGIS 9 ✓ Analyse fiber as-built design drawings of all types Company Name/Job Title Bechtel Corporation via Talascend/OSP Field Engineer (Contract) Atlanta, Ga. ✓ Verified the integrity initial aerial and buried fiber designs and made modifications where necessary for the Google Fiber network ✓ Verified the integrity of the geographical areas ✓ Performed surveys for placement of equipment in support of network backbone ✓ Utilized 3GIS system to input all data ✓ Maintained an aggressive schedule ✓ Performed as the pseudo trainer for new hires
- OSP Engineer at Goodman Networks
- Byers Engineering/OSP Engineer at
- OSP Engineer at
- PLAT drawings to engineer at Google Maps
5 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Electronic Engineering Technology
CHC Consulting Engineer, 2017-Present through aerial and underground facilities pedestals to place fiber cable through conduit and various access points
• Responsible for the design and engineering of the most cost-effective, high quality OSP work prints while meeting all client deadlines
• Use plat maps, electric plans, parcel viewers, and construction plans to make sure all telephone cable is not in conflict with existing/future facilities and is placed in a valid location.
• Understand permitting requirements for cable placement
• Identify assigned fiber/copper pairs at strategic access points and design a path
• Design in the underground environment such as manholes, handholes, and
• Engineer in the public right of way and on private property for the prevention of conflict with existing facilities.
through aerial and underground facilities
pedestals to place fiber cable through conduit and various access points
- OSP Engineer at CHC CONSULTING
- Mental Health Assistant at Crawford County Mental Health Department Pittsburg
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of General Studies - Business Management
OSP Design Engineer
● Cad Drafting
● Field Notes
● Fiber and Copper Design
OSP Design Engineer
- OSP Engineer at Mid-State Consultants
- OSP Engineer at Mid-State Consultants
- Project Manager at STONE Resource Group
- OSP Engineer at CenturyLink
3 months at this Job
- Associates - Electrician License
1. OSP Construction Engineering. Plan, design and engineer new and maintenance fiber and cable projects. 2. Project management of contractor and job milestones. 3. Road project move design and engineering.
1. OSP Construction Engineering. Plan, design and engineer new and maintenance fiber and cable projects.
2. Project management of contractor and job milestones.
3. Road project move design and engineering.
- OSP Engineer at Windstream Communications
- Telecom Engineer at Verizon Wireless
- Transport Fiber Technician at Alltel/Verizon
- Central Office Telecom Equipment Installer at Lucent Technologies
10 months at this Job
- Associate of General Studies - General Studies
• Successfully managed and designed multiple projects of multiple clients simultaneously such as The ZAYO Group, Unite Private Networks, Level (3) Communications, CenturyLink, Verizon, Quanta Telecommunications, and Crown Castle
• Daily routines to include OSP, ISP, aerial, and underground design and project management
• Conduct utility research and obtain all required utility and ROW plats from permitting agencies.
• Review and approve accuracy of all field data (field notes and permitting agency requirements)
• Able to successfully manage project schedules to include Permit submittals and approvals
• Coordinate projects with the CAD department representative
• Evaluate work product quality and standards control
• Prepare timelines for the projects, provide detailed weekly reports. Meet with contractors, Right of Way Representatives, customers, other OSP engineers and vendors to coordinate/mitigate projects.
• Prepare and acquisition of necessary permits and rights-of-way for OSP facilities
• Ability to utilize AutoCAD in conjunction with projects
• Feeder Route Analysis/Administration and development of appropriate feeder route strategies and solutions for feeder relief
• Liaison with various government agencies regarding the panning, placing, relocation, etc. of OSP facilities
• Customer contact: This includes such items as face-to-face negotiating with Contractors/Utility Owners/ Municipality Officials for facility placement in new developments; attending meetings and site surveys related to the projected impact on OSP
- OSP Engineer at GenerationNext Telecommunications
- Black and Veatch - Lead OSP Engineer at AT&T / Verizon One Fiber
- Project Manager at AT&T / Verizon One Fiber
- Technician at AT&T / Verizon One Fiber
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Project Management
- Certification in Data and Network Communications
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems - Business Information Systems
Compentently completed both copper and fiber OSP jobs for AT&T in Middle TN Includes fielding, staking, drafting, and designing Includes city, state, and railroad permits Includes adding jobs to AOtX and MIC
Compentently completed both copper and fiber OSP jobs for AT&T in Middle TN Includes fielding, staking, drafting, and designing
Includes city, state, and railroad permits
Includes adding jobs to AOtX and MIC
- OSP Engineer at UCSynergetic
- OSP Engineer at PCS, Inc
- Chief Design Engineer at Telplexus
5 years, 5 months at this Job
Manage the daily operations of the outside fiber plant including engineering, permitting, contracting, designing and maintaining existing fiber facility, relocations and new building adds. Completed 21 new building adds in 2013
• Design and develop complex outside plant (OSP) builds designed to support new electronics installations, modifications and upgrades.
• Maintain fiber splice and network topography records, fiber mapping and as-builts in corporate inventory systems. Work closely with other carriers, engineering firms, local/state agencies and building owners/landlords on new building adds and relocations.
• Work closely with upstream groups to complete fiber verification requests, project estimating, designs, bids, permits and manage construction of new building adds.
• Manage OSP capital and operational expense budgets of over $5 million/year, prepare project timelines, and provide weekly detailed status reports to the director and regional vice president.
• Obtain contractors and subcontractors for engineering, permitting and building of OSP infrastructure. Obtain and manage contractors for route protection.
• Direct emergency restoration and mitigation activities required for the OSP network in the event of fiber optic damages, natural disasters, power failures or other events.
• Utilize internal systems to process and report work activities, inventory OSP facilities, document projects and manage budgets related to new construction, route maintenance and protection and more.
- OSP Engineer at Level3 Communications
- Technician II at Level3 Communications
- Fiber Testing Manager/Splicer at Holway LightGuide
- at Sunbelt Telecommunications Services
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters - Information and Communications Technology
- B.S. - Mathematics
Responsible for construction of fiber to the home (FTTH), projects, including fiber installation assessments, coordination with pole owners, assist in right-of-way permitting and related tasks to facilitate FTTH design and construction work. With the geographic scope of responsibilities, I continually travel to areas where construction activity is ongoing. My duties are to provide complete, FTTH construction drawings. Work cross-functionally with other teams within network and OSP engineering to ensure a cost-effective solution. Support design with engineering process's by documentation and proofing drawings for construction of new and/or removal or rearrangement of existing fiber optics. Identify any power requirements or Utility violations and revise point of attachment (POA) for fiber bundle to meet utility clearance requirements. Maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, examine criteria and codes relevant to the discipline. Ensure excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Others duties include performing field ride out, data collection, and engineering for the design of aerial and buried fiber optic facilities. Engineering Production: Contribute to preparation of engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope.
- OSP Engineer at Mid State Consultants Memphis
- Resident Engineer at Lee & Company
- ITC Contract Consultant at Bechtel Corporation
- Area Project Manager at Finley Engineering
2 months at this Job
- Certificate in Management and Supervisory Skills
- Certificate in Management
entrusted in designing fiber optic networks, Hi-Cap data circuits, new construction copper/fiber builds, utility pole design and replacement and design and placement of OSP electronics.
- OSP Engineer at RECORD
- SPLICE SERVICE TECHNICIAN at RECORD
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science - Telecommunications Technology
• Responsible for the design and draft of fiber optic cable design production.
• Conducted close planning with onsite fielding staff to create conventional OSP design engineering and analysis.
• Typical OSP design responsibilities range from the initial determination of the routing and design concepts to the detailed drawings for permitting and construction.
• Additional working knowledge of ArcGIS, Google Docs software's
• Utilize GIS based systems to perform design documentation
• Worked on several different projects (5G Dependencies, Permit Polygons, Billing, Shadow piping, CBD/Heavy urban)
• Currently working on GPON, CDFS type projects (commercial fiber to the business)
- OSP Engineer Associate II at Lambert Cable Splicing
- OSP Engineer Associate II at GOODMAN NETWORKS
- Network Engineer Tier 1 at Network Data Systems
- Network Engineer at TekSystems
10 months at this Job
- - Telecommunications Program