I hve been a certified outpatient coder for 7 years I am also a certified risk coder, Licensed nurse and a physical therapist assistant
- certified outpatient coder at aviacode
at this Job
- physical therapist assistant - licensed nursing and physical therapy
● Perform outpatient coding for clinics and ancillary services throughout the hospital
● Code medical records using ICD-10, CPT-4 and HCPCS Level II coding
● Process 120-160 medical charts daily while maintaining a 97% accuracy rate
● Vast knowledge and experience with CAC (Computer Assisted Coding)
● Strong familiarity with coding charts for Diabetic/Podiatry, GI Special Procedures, Oral Surgery, Endocrinology, Dermatology, Asthma/Allergy, Burn Unit, Some Emergency Center Coding Cardiology, Urology, and radiological services including MRI, Breast Mammograms, and Ultrasounds, Renal and Rheumatology, and Rehabilitation Services
● Maintained up to date knowledge on CMS regulations and guidelines
● Responsible for HCC/Medicare Risk Adjustments by abstracting, validating and coding all chronic or current diagnosis that have a corresponding HCC/HCC Rx code from an acceptable provider type and documentation source.
- Outpatient Coder at Grady Memorial Hospital
- Lead Front Office Coordinator at Village Podiatry Centers
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Outpatient Coder I
➢ Assigns the appropriate and valid ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes and CPT/HCPCS procedure codes with modifiers as needed.
➢ Review of outpatient/document according to established hospital procedures and outpatient coding guidelines.
➢ Ensures there is an appropriate visit registration for the patient visit or encounter being coded.
➢ Attends continuous education sessions as assigned by management and educator.
➢ Proficient in various computer systems EPIC, Quantim, Eprint to perform job duties.
➢ Assigns according to established department policy the appropriate follow-up flags in the encoder for each encounter to indicate why a record(s) could not be coded.
➢ Coding experience in areas of Radiology and Internal Medicine, Physical Therapy & Speech Therapy, and OBGYN.
- Outpatient Coder I at University Hospital
- Student Finance Consultant I at DeVry University
- New Student Specialist at DeVry University
- Coding, Analyst, Assemble Charts, Release of Information Coordinator at Robert Wood Johnson university Hospital
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Technical Management
- Associate in Applied Science - Health Information Technology
- - following areas
- - analysis and management
Green Bay, WI April 2018 - Present
Minor Outpatient Coder
• Abstracted and assigned codes to outpatient procedures and diagnoses using ICD and CPT coding protocols for billing, reimbursement, statistical purposes and data collection.
• Sequenced diagnoses and procedure codes as outlined in the ICD Official Coding Guidelines.
• Pursued and obtained clarification on inaccurate documentation as appropriate.
• Maintained a high degree of accuracy and gave attention to detail of repetitive nature.
- Minor Outpatient Coder at Aurora Health Care
- Health Information Specialist at Aurora BayCare Medical Center
- COBRA Data Specialist at Employee Benefits Corporation
- Release of Information Specialist II at HealthPort
9 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Science
Apply ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes to outpatient clinc and Emergency Dept. charges. Follow CMS guidelines as pertaining to medical coding. Correct charge denials and edits. Follow trends on providers and educate the provider when needed. Stay up to date on continuing educational units as set out by AAPC. Hold both Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and Certified Emergency Dept. Coder credentials. Have 9 yrs of coding experience with a big emphasis on Emergency Dept. coding
- Outpatient Coder at Ochsner Health System
11 years, 6 months at this Job
- Certified Professional Coder / Certified Emergency Dept. Coder - Medical coding
- High School - Co-operative Office Education
JPS Health Network Fort Worth, Texas- 02-08-current Outpatient Coder 1 for Specialty Clinics *Outpatient Coding of Obstetrics and Gynecology *Ensures codes are assigned accurately and correctly ensuring reimbursement is appropriate in accordance with government, insurance, and/or other payer regulations. *Ensures that codes are assigned and entered in the network system accurately and within any prescribed time parameters ensuring timely and appropriate billing. *Inform center/clinic management of any problems encountered and assists with developing and implementing solutions.
- Medical Outpatient Coder at JPS Health Network
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- Certified Coding associate from AHIMA - Medical coding and billing
San Antonio, TX
Outpatient Coder II, 2007-2018
Performed ICD 10 CM and CPT codes for Emergency Room, Wound Care, Diagnostics and Surgery accounts. Utilized the 3M/360 Encoder to assign codes according to the ICD-10-CM and /or CPT -4 coding conventions to assure proper APC assignment. Complied with ICD-10-CM/CPT/HCPCS Level II Coding Guidelines.
• Reviewed documentation to determine admitting/principal diagnosis, secondary diagnosis and surgical procedure code assignment.
• Resolved all OCE/NCCI/Hospital edits.
• Abstracted patient discharge information from the medical record into the system.
• Clarified diagnosis and procedure information by utilizing the Physician Query. 2105754000
- Outpatient Coder at Baptist Health System
- Senior Unbilled Technician at Methodist Healthcare System
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Information Management
17 Talcott Notch Rd. Farmington, CT 06032 Outpatient Coder II & Billing Specialist, multi spec. physician group
- Outpatient Coder II & Billing Specialist, multi spec. physician group at Hartford Health Care Medical Group
- Coding and billing manager at New London County Orthopedic Surgery, P.C
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Information Management
- - Business Management
- - DNB Medical Consulting
• Identifies, reviews and assigns standard ICD- 10-CM/PCS, CPT-4 and HCPCS codes and abstracts clinical information for E/M's, outpatient hospital clinics, OBV, ASU, professional CPT's, ED's coding for the purpose of reimbursement
• Applies Medical Necessary and Correct Coding Initiative guidelines with 95% accuracy
• Verifies demographic information downloaded from EPIC system into the 3M coding and Reimbursement systems
- Outpatient Coder at Maine Medical Center
- School Bus Driver at Ledgemere Transportation
- Bookkeeper at Danvers Shell Station
- Petty Officer 3rd class Aviation Ground Support Electrician at United States Navy
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Management - Health Information Management
Outpatient Coder I
• Proficient in outpatient diagnosis coding guidelines.
• Ability to concentrate and accomplish task with explicit accuracy.
• Review and abstract relevant clinical data from electronic medical records to select the appropriate CPT and ICD-10-CM codes.
• Maintain consistent daily production of greater than 100 reviews per day.
• Worked on Special project that including CollectLogix.
• Ensure the accurate coding of diagnosis and operative procedure within assigned services (ancillary, and clinics departments).
- Outpatient Coder at Regional One Health Care
- Outpatient Coder/ Inpatient Coder at Lakeside Behavioral Health Systems
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Certified Coding Specialist