• Outreach worker role is to promote the program to the potential participants by explaining the program in detail and if the client agrees to our services.
• Conducting outreach in targeted zip code in East Harlem and Central Harlem Community.
• Implementing a systematic targeted outreach plan. SALES ASSOCIATE THE CHILDREN PLACE, BRONX, N.Y. NOVEMBER 2012 - JANUARY 2015 JUNE 2016 - CURRENT
• Greet and acknowledge customers while providing outstanding and knowledgeable service.
• Maintain appropriate stock levels and ensures that all sizes and styles are represented on sales floor.
• Follow company standards of merchandise presentation, signage and display; while embracing all responsibility assigned.
- OUTREACH WORKER at NMPP
- NURSE ASSISTANT at SUTTON PARK NURSING HOME & REHABLITILATION CENTER
- SALES ASSOCIATE at H&M
11 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATE - Criminal Justice
Responsibilities My duties for this position include reaching out to elderly citizens and families to assess their needs and direct them towards the appropriate program that suits their financial and medical needs. As an outreach worker, I file assessments in the office, answer six line phones as needed, score assessments, create new folders and index cards.
- Outreach Worker at Lafourche Council on Aging
- Unit Secretary at Ochsner Saint Anne General Hospital
- Newborn Hearing Screener at Natus Medical Incorporated
- Shift Manager at Pizza Jac's Place
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Medical Billing and Coding
• Outreach worker / case manager maintain an active case load of 10-15 high risk individuals
• Form relationships with the highest risk persons in the community, as well as the people who know them.
• Work to intervene in circumstances in which gun violence is likely, including possible retaliation.
• Conduct outreach to the community (individually and as a team member) to build strong relationships with youth, residents, businesses, and community groups.
• Report to the Outreach Supervisor and keep him/her informed of all relevant community activities.
• Identify youth who are involved in high risk activities and intervene in their lives through case management to aid in solving current problems and preventing future ones.
• Provide clients with support and linkages to programs and opportunities in the community (e.g., job programs, GED, drug treatment, and mentoring).
• Participate, as necessary, in organizing responses to shootings and increasing visibility when shootings/killings take place.
• Research causes of shootings/killings to assist in mediating situations and preventing retaliation between individuals and groups (e.g., working with the community, outreach programs and local law enforcement to gain information that may be helpful in preventing additional killings).
• Work with community partners to identify and diffuse "hot spots" for shootings and violence
• Document all work including shootings and other acts of violence prevented, case notes, referrals, and changes in participant's status as director by Program Manager.: Attend all mandatory program trainings. Hospital responder: Report to kings county Hospital to meet with crime victims and their friends and family members.
• Educate the victim and family members about trauma and typical responses to trauma and chronic stress.
• Encourage victims to involve themselves in stopping the cycle of violence. For selected victims, schedule and conduct home visits upon the release of the victim from the hospital.
• Provide feedback to Hospital Responder Coordinator and Program Manager on the hospital protocol and making recommendations for improving the quality and success of the program.
• Program activities may include having a scheduled shift in the Emergency Department and/or responding in an "on-call" manner.
• Ensure that the data regarding hospital calls and responses is kept up to date and notify leadership if there are significant trends.
• Work with Hospital Responder Coordinator to ensure that there is back-up coverage at times the Hospital Responder is not working.
• Conduct outreach to the kings county Hospital Community (individually and as a team member) to build strong relationships with other stakeholders, youth, residents, businesses, and hospital staff.
• Report to the Hospital Responder Coordinator and Administrative Director and keep him/her informed of all relevant hospital activities
• Attend and participate in all mandatory staff meetings, trainings, workshops and other team meetings as required.
• Facilitate workshops in schools and secure detention centers
• Attend weekly supervision and keep Hospital Responder Coordinator informed of all work related activities.
• Complete a daily log which includes hospital activations, interruptions, de-escalations, case notes and referrals.
• Identify individuals who are high risk in order to connect them with Cure Violence programs to help them rethink the impulse to act violently and redirect their lives in more positive directions
• Provide clients with support and linkages to programs within their zip code and opportunities in the community (e.g., job programs, GED, drug treatment, and mentoring)
- outreach worker at center for court innovation
- Security officer at Allied Universal
- Caregiver BROOKLYN NY at L&G
- Unloader at Ups Inc
11 months at this Job
- High school
• Facilitated orientation programming for all new members engaging in HMI services.
• Supported with individual and group agency tours for potential funders, community partners and new youth members.
• Responsible for organizing and reviewing the daily program schedule for youth members.
• Create agenda and programming for the agency's monthly community meeting.
• Participate in youth advocacy and speaking engagements.
• Trained new Peer Outreach Worker interns.
- Peer Outreach Worker Intern at Hetrick-Martin Institute
- Cashier at New York Swag
- Customer Lobby Greeter at Janette's SoulFood
- Peer Education Intern at Planned Parenthood
1 year at this Job
As a community Outreach worker we go out into the community and offer parenting classes and all the programs and classes that St.Mary's community center has to offer. I prepare packets and set up for classes. We recruited needy families for the adopt a family program in the December. Make copies of all the flyers, make and file charts . I call patients to schedule them for Child birth classes, breast feeding classes and maternity tours at the hospital.
- Community Outreach Worker at I.C.R. for St Mary's Community Health
- Physical Therapy Aide at ST JUDE MEDICAL CENTER
- Maintenance Coordinator at
- Caregiver at LIFE STEPS FOUNDATION
4 months at this Job
- - Physical Therapy Aide
The Outreach Worker works to gain trust of the community and the highest risk individuals to help prevent shootings and retaliatory violence, and to provide linkages and robust accompaniment to prosocial alternatives including activities, jobs, education, case management, and social services. As a member of a team, the Outreach Worker is responsible for reaching out to the highest risk individuals in the community and working with them to prevent violence by mediating conflicts, modeling prosocial behaviors, engaging them in positive activities and accompaniment through the case management process.
- Outreach Worker at Lawndale Christian Legal Center
- Cashier at MBurger
- Bus Aide at Chicago Public Schools
- Vault Teller at Garda
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
- - Time Management
· Do outreach to farm camps and seasonal farmworkers home. · Fill out health assessment form during outreach or mobile clinic. · Provide a brief knowledge about health issues if found within the worker.
- Outreach Worker at Manos Unidas Farm Worker Organization
- Mentor/Tutor at Mentors Initiating Community Action, Support, and Advocacy
- Work Study Student at Federal Work Study
- President of Organization at Ritmo Latino Dance Club
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Exercise Science
- Associate in Science
34-38 Catherine St. Springfield, MA 01109 September 2011-current
Counseling, Testing, Prevention and Education Outreach Worker
Managers: (Program Director) Richard Johnson
Outreach worker and Data entry Duties:
• Engage people from the community and recruit clients
• Educate, and give presentations for people of the community about HIV/AIDS, STI's, HCV and Prevention
• Collect data and enter it into the NNCC data base
• And prepare a monthly report at the end of each month
• Provided Rapid HIV testing to community participants
• Trained in phlebotomy through the American Red Cross
- Prevention and Education Outreach Worker at New North Citizens' Council, Inc
- Deli Clerk Associate at Super Stop and Shop
- Paid Internship in M.C.D.I at Springfield Health Department
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma - Sociology Psychology
- Associates of Arts
My job as outreach worker consisted of parent engagement. Dealing with community-based organization nationally and locally in the community,
- Outreach Worker at Grand Street Settlement
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Secondary education
- Bachelor's - Political science, liberal arts
Received extensive training for Community Health Outreach Worker position to manage people within a health insurance database. Tracking difficult to reach or unresponsive people to coordinate their care needs. Time limited position.
- Community Health Outreach Worker at Total Med contracted to Meridian
- Homeless Outreach Worker at Thresholds, McHenry County
- U.S. Peace Corps Response Volunteer at Municipality of Tayasan
- Visitor Services Assistant at U.S. National Park Service
3 months at this Job
- - Pursuing Com TIA A+ Certification
- Certificate in - Certificate in Human Resource Management - Deans List
- M.A. - Cultural Anthropology
- Bachelor's - Anthropology, Environmental Studies - Magna Cum Laude