• Performs pre-procedure phone calls to patients
• Contacts PCP's offices for pre-operative physical, blood work and testing
• Reviews pre-operative paperwork for anesthesia's approval
• Admits patient to PACU and prepare them for their surgery/procedure
• Communicates any abnormalities found during assessment of patient to anesthesia and physician
• Performs post-procedure care of patient and communicates any abnormalities to anesthesia and physician
• Performs pre and post-procedure education to patient/family
• Starts IV's
• Performs blood glucose testing
• Performs follow-up calls to patients
• Opens and closes PACU area
• Works in Pain room
• Performs daily checks on emergency equipment
• Performs monthly checks
• Performs monthly audits
• Maintained BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications
- PACU Nurse at Maple Lawn Surgery Center
- PACU Nurse at Monacocy Surgery Center
- RN Cath Lab at Sinai Hospital
- Radiology/IR Nurse at Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital
4 years at this Job
- Bachelors - Science Nursing
• Recover patients in the immediate post-operative period and stabilize for transfer to various levels of care from ICU to Day Hospital
• Experience in recovering a variety of patients following all types of surgeries
• Use critical thinking and experience to assess patients and manage their needs after surgery within the guidelines of standing orders from the physician.
• Record and communicate patients' conditions via EMR and nurse to nursing reporting
• Collaborating with other departments and team members for bed assignments, diagnostic radiology, respiratory therapy etc. to meet the patient's needs and optimal recovery.
• Assist CRNA with prep for surgery and intubation
• Support and assist the Circulating nurse and Day Hospital nurses as needed
• Responsible for patients with acute illnesses needing extensive monitoring and critical care nursing.
• Experienced in bedside care, with skills to monitor patients with chronic illness to effectively recover them for positive outcomes.
- PACU Nurse at Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center
- Clinical Nurse Manager, Surgical Progressive Care Unit at McLeod Regional Medical Center
1 year, 11 months at this Job
• Establish safe and encouraging environment
• Provide post-operative care for patients who received general, MAC, and local anesthesia
• Assist anesthesiologist with regional block administration
• Proficient in pre-operative preparative procedures including initial patient assessment, medical history, skin preparation, IV placement.
• Identify/Initiate emergent situations and procedures
• Initiate immediate care during post-operative recovery period, managing post-operative pain and surgical sites.
• Communicate changes in patient status to Physician, Anesthesiologist, and RN
• Educate patient and responsible guardian of specific post-operative instruction, including infection control, post-operative complications, preventative measures, and medication administration
• Educate patients and their caregivers on the proper use and safety of orthopedic equipment such as braces, immobilizers, casts, and crutches.
• Provided next day follow up to patients and addressed any questions and concerns.
• Maintain and practice infection control policy and procedure
• Ongoing staff education on infection control issues and requirements
• Maintain staff annual Flu and TB vaccinations requirements
• Maintain quarterly infection control audits
• Infection Control Officer
• Charge nurse
- PACU Nurse at River North Surgery Center
- Registered Nurse at University of Chicago Medical Center
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Registered Nurse at The Center for Outpatient Medicine
- Registered Nurse at Wexford Health Sources, Inc.
- Registered Nurse at OSF St. Elizabeth Medical Center
- Registered Nurse at HSHS St. Mary's Hospital
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Nursing-Executive
- Bachelor's - Nursing
- Associate - Nursing
- High school - High School Diploma
Pre op/pacu Nurse
- REGISTERED NURSE at Port Jefferson ambulatory surgery
- REGISTERED NURSE at Region Care
- REGISTERED NIRSE at Gurwin Home Care Agency
- REGISTERED NURSE at ST CHARLES HOSPITAL
10 months at this Job
- BACHELOR of SCIENCE in NURSING - NURSING
- MASTER of BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION in HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT - HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT
- ASSOCIATE in APPLIED SCIENCE degree - NURSING
- PACU Nurse at Ambulatory Puyallup Surgicenter
- Registered Nurse at Kline Galland Home
- PACU Nurse at NMC Hospital, Abu Dhabi UAE
- Staff Nurse (medical surgical brachytherapy and RAI department) at Davao Doctors Hospital, Philippines
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors Degree - Nursing
Provide acute care for post- operative patients recovering from anesthesia, encompassing ambulatory surgical procedures, invasive and extensive surgeries, and trauma.
- PACU NURSE at OBAND/ MVIP SURGERY CENTERS
- CHARGE NURSE at NORTHWEST MEDICAL CENTER
- REGISTERED NURSE at REVITAL MEDICAL GROUP
- Visiting Nurse at Access Nursing Services
3 years at this Job
- Associate of science in Nursing - Nursing
* Oversees pre-op procedures including patient education to address surgery expectations, recovery processes, and to fulfill attending physician orders. * Prepares patients for a vast diversity of surgical procedures while also reviewing and updating paperwork to protect patient safety. * Serves as Pre-op Manager ensuring expedient and efficient flow of staff and patients. * Heads post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) initiatives including facilitating a safe recovery from procedures in (EX) ENT, urology, orthopedics, and gynecology for both adult and pediatric patient populations and for general and conscious sedation procedures. * Consults and educates patients' caregivers and families on properly executing discharge instructions to ensure expedient recovery. * Garners praise and recognition achieving clinical excellence by cultivating and maintaining a culture of best-in-class safety. * Enables cross-functional proficiency in Pre-Op and PACU areas resulting in cost savings, reduction of workhours, and optimization of staff resources.
- PRE-OP/ PACU NURSE at SURGICAL ELITE OF AVONDALE
- PRE-OP/PACU NURSE at SURGICAL ELITE OF AVONDALE
- TELEMETRY NURSE at JOHN C. LINCOLN HOSPITAL
- LONG-TERM ACUTE CARE NURSE at SELECT SPECIALTY HOSPITAL
12 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree - Nursing
- Associates Degree of Nursing - Nursing
• Performs thorough preoperative patient assessment including vital signs and in-depth patient history.
• Works with interdisciplinary department professionals to acquire all ordered labs and testing needed prior to surgery/procedure.
• Placement of Intravenous catheter(s) that is to be used for procedural sedation.
• Pre-op skin evaluation and documentation prior to procedure.
• Communication and collaboration with respiratory therapist that accompany patients who are ventilator dependent.
• Assist anesthesia provider with placement of surgical blocks. PACU:
• Provide continuous monitoring of post-op patient, including airway.
• Management and documentation of post-op pain as well as signs/symptoms of nausea/vomiting that can often follow anesthesia.
• Ongoing evaluation of surgical site for potential bleeding or other pathological indications.
• Documentation and completion of post-op physician and anesthesia orders.
• Provide in-depth patient education to patient as well as family member/care giver and provide instructions on self-care techniques following the procedure if needed.
• Discharge patient from recovery when all protocol and physical criteria is met in accordance with hospital policy and procedure and sound nursing judgment.
- Pre-op/PACU Nurse at KENTUCKYONE HEALTH St. Joseph Hospital
- Registered Nurse at THE RIDGE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SYSTEM
- Registered Nurse at APPLACHIA REGIONAL HOSPITAL PSYCHIATRIC
- Registered Nurse at BAPTIST HEALTH
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associates of Nursing - Nursing
care of the surgical patient at every stage, with emphasis on excellent service, pain management, and vital sign observation/reporting
● Admission and discharge of post op pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients.
● AORN certification with OR training and experience
● Conscious Sedation certified and experience
- PACU Nurse at Aloha Sirgical Center
- OR & PACU RN at Monterey Peninsula Surgery Center
- Clinical RN at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
1 year at this Job