Kept students safe in classroom and outside environments. Worked in tandem with the teacher to develop a customized classroom environment that was conducive to the students' needs. Met one-on-one with a student with special needs utilizing a customized behavioral plan. Provided individual students with personalized educational, behavioral and emotional support. Prepared visual aids, equipment and classroom displays. Performed diverse tasks for teachers, including clerical support, classroom management and document coordination. Provided support to the students through specialized accommodations, extra assistance and educational assessments. Collaborated with the teacher to develop effective, individualized learning strategies. Escorted students to the restroom, to the cafeteria, outside and on field trips. Supervised test taking and graded papers. Tracked class attendance and student progress. utilized powerpoint technology to enhance instruction.
- Paraeducator at Special Education Paraeducator
24 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Special Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology and History
1:1 paraeducator helping students with disabilities in an educational learning environment.
- Paraeducator at Washoe County School District
- Paraeducator/Substitute Teacher at Sutter County Superintendent Of Schools
3 months at this Job
I work as a 1:1 special education Paraeducator in a high school setting. I assist the special education teacher in general daily classroom activities and I assist students with special needs, providing daily care and support.
- Paraeducator at Iowa City Community School District
- Nursing Assistant at University of Iowa Hospital and Clinic
- Direct Support Professional at MYEP
- Residential Aide at Chatham Oaks
5 months at this Job
- - Cosmetology
- - Liberal arts
Federal Way, WA
• Provide assistance to students from various cultural and economic backgrounds and those with special needs.
• Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to help student's master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
• Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
• Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
- Paraeducator at Federal Way School District
- Physical Education Teacher at Zion Preparatory Academy
- Service Solution Specialist, Contact Center Loan Representative at Boeing Employees Credit Union
- Credit Manager, Accounts Receivables at Husky International Trucks
7 years at this Job
- MS - Human Resource Management
- Bachelors of Art - General Art
Paraeducators assist students under the direction of a certified teacher. As a paraeducator for an after school program, I would assist students on my own. Occasionally, with the supervision of my coordinator. I was also in charge of the emotional health and safety of my students. One-on-one tutoring was a must in order to help my students reach a successful level. Affirming their abilities, and striving to promote dignity in all relationships. Every three months, we had the opportunity to show our creativity by creating students plans. These student plans would go from cooking class, outside game, inside game, and arts and crafts. Each paraeducator would rotate every week. Our students showed enthusiasm in each choice we would provide for them.
- Paraeducator at Fresno County Superintendent of Schools
- Recreation Leader at Coalinga/Huron Recreation Center
- Cashier/Customer Service at Carls Jr
- Janitor at ENVIRONMENT CONTROL
7 months at this Job
- Associate - Liberal Art with an Emphasis in Arts and Hummanities
- Medical Assistant Certified - Health
- High school degree
Worked as a paraeducator substitute before taking a permanent position in a level one, highly-intensive kindergarten/1st grade classroom. Work 1:1 doing DTT Functional communication Social skills Use token economy system
- Paraeducator at Elk Grove Unified School District
- Behavior Therapist at Genesis Behavior Center, Inc
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Psychology, Early Childhood Education
- High school or equivalent
Paraeducator- October 2014-present
Under the direct supervision and leadership of a Certified Special Education Teacher, assist with the implementation of individual plan and academia for special need students ranging from age 5 to 21 in specialized educational program
• Followed specific education plans, teaching academic and functional skills, assisting students with personal hygiene, feeding, and assisting with daily living skills such as cooking, cleaning, and other domestic tasks
• Function independently within large and small groups and 1:1 student instruction. Assists teacher in maintaining behavioral and emotional issues by following individual behavior support plans such as systems of positive reinforcement, rewards, and behavior checklists/ contracts
• Maintains documentation of academic and behavioral progress/ data as assigned.
- Paraeducator at CREC-River Street School
- Assistant Coordinator of Residential Support/RSA-per diem at Harc Inc
- Executive Assistant at InterPlan Health Group
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- BS - Psychology & Human Service
Oakland Unified School District, Oakland, Ca - Paraeducator January 2009- PRESENT As part of a team, I work with children individually, and in small groups, in an autistic classroom to increase their social and lanquage skills. Use highly motivating activities to increase childrens' lanquage and social skills. Increase interactions with myself, and other children, to help students develop communication, and play skills. September 2016 - Special projects While working as a paraeducator, I conducted a research project linking sociodramatic play with language acquisition.The project's participants included three preschool aged children with special needs.Two of the children were diagnosed with autism, and one child was diagnosed with non- autistic intellectual disabilities
- Paraeducator at Oakland Unified School District
10 years at this Job
- BA - Human Development
Wells, MN - Paraeducator AUGUST 2015 - PRESENT I provide support and services for children in grades 6-11 in all subject areas. This includes keeping on task and the importance of responsibility as well as academic topics.
- Paraeducator at United South Central Schools
- Bartender/Server at The Willows Restaurant & Lounge
- Clubhouse Assistant at Riverside Town and Country Club
- Server at Diamond Jo Casino
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
- bachelor's degree in Business Studies - Sport Management online
- HS Diploma
Wilmington, DE ParaEducator Assist in the educational and social development of students under the direct guidance of the classroom teacher and learning support coach. Assist classroom teacher in the maintenance of student records, management/ distribution of instructional resources, and effective classroom transition. Provide support for individual students inside and outside of the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities. Assist the students in developing social skills. Assist the classroom teacher with preparing items to support instruction and testing accommodations.
- Paraeducator at Delcastle Technical High School
- Education Coordinator at Hilltop Lutheran Neighborhood Center
- Summer Camp Coordinator at Hilltop Lutheran Neighborhood Center
- Youth Service assistant at Hilltop Lutheran Neighborhood Center
1 year at this Job
- Master's - Secondary Special Education
- Bachelors of Science degree - Education Studies
- - Early Childhood Education