Paralegal Assistant - Performed all clerical duties, answered telephone calls, answered questions and provided information, called and scheduled and coordinated appointments. Received data information and entered into company's computer systems, mailed follow-up letters, filing, and fax communication.
- Paralegal Assistant at Law Office of Howard L. Schiff P.C
- RELATED INTERNSHIP at Catholic Charities
- Administrative Assistant at Job Corps Academy
- INTERNSHIP at Hartford Job Corps Academy
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- General Equivalency Diploma - Insurance & Financial Services
Paralegal Assistant: Appellate Litigation Support in New York State and Federal Courts. Prepared Appellate Records, Appendices, Briefs, Reply Briefs, Workers Compensation Appeals, Motions for leave to appeal to the NYS Court of Appeals. Scanned documents to Adobe Acrobat PDF files. Numbered scanned pages using Adobe Acrobat. Prepared Table of Contents and Index to Exhibits and Witnesses' and Cross-Indexed Duplicate documents. Prepared § 2105 Certifications and Printing Specification Statements. Prepared and inserted court required page headings in PDF documents in Adobe Acrobat. Archived completed PDFs. Graphic Arts: Printed Records and Briefs on High Speed Printers in Black & White and Color. Perfect Bound Books on commercial grade hot glue binding machines. Trimmed Books with digital cutting machines. Equipment used for receiving of supplies, as needed: hand trucks, carts, dollies, and/or pallet jacks. Shipping Department: Served and filed Legal documents using software from FedEx, UPS and USPS (Stamps.com). Courier: Personally, picked up and/or delivered various documents, services, checks. Filed documents in five different State and Federal Courthouses. At Fremont Payne, I started as a temporary courier, there were three employees working inside. I was invited to train with the clerks, in between my courier duties. Within two months, I was offered a permanent clerk position, in addition to my courier duties. As each employee left, I accepted their responsibilities. Eventually, I became the company's sole clerk for the last 10 years, until the company was sold, due to retirement of the owners.
- Paralegal Assistant at Press of Fremont Payne
- Dispatcher/Customer Service at ETS Payphones Inc. - Brooklyn Office
- Dispatcher/Supervisor at Grand Ambulette Service, Inc
13 years at this Job
- High school - Electrical Installation, Mechanical Design
OBJECTIVE Stephanie Hernandez 180 SW Exmore Avenue| Port Saint Lucie, FL 34983|954‐648‐5202| [email protected] To secure long term employment where, my skills, professionalism, and experience will be utilized to attain company goals, and in turn, further my career. Notary Public Licensed EXPERIENCE Popkin & Rosaler, P.A. – Foreclosure Law Firm 1701 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Suite 400 Deerfield Beach, FL 33442 February 25, 2013 – Present Paralegal Assistant Prepared attorneys, both in and out of the office, to attend hearings on behalf our clients including judgment hearings, trials, litigation, and post judgment hearings. Managed strict deadlines on the Court side, as well as client time lines. Provided form updates to attorney per county/judge’s requirements to ensure strict adherence to Court procedures/administrative orders. Prepared and e‐filed legal documentation necessary for judicial processing such as affidavits of indebtedness, motion for summary judgment of foreclosure, affidavit for costs and attorney fees, clerk defaults, court defaults and drops for all counties in the state of Florida. Responsible for the preparation of hearing packages, orders and necessary documentation for in house attorneys and out of office local counsel for motion for summary judgment, motion to dismiss, motion to compel, motion for extension of time, motion for court default, motion to amend complaint. Followed up with judicial assistants/foreclosure case managers to explain rare but unavoidable vendor issues to do with shipping and request that an exception be made to Judge’s preferences should it please the court. Miscellaneous administrative tasks/projects upon request. Kept clients updated regarding the status of each loan referred to the firm for foreclosure, as well as loans transferred from prior counsel. Elizabeth R. Wellborn, P.A. – Foreclosure Law Firm 350 Jim Moran Blvd., Suite 100 Deerfield Beach, FL 33442 March 5 2012 – February 1, 2013 Paralegal Assistant Prepared legal documentation necessary for judicial processing such as notifications, affidavits, motions, defaults, judgments and trial hearings. Assisted attorneys with detailed preparation of orders, packets, and necessary documentation to complete a successful hearing. Requested witness from client, prepared witness and exhibit list, requested demand letters, payment history, and judgment figures from the client for preparation of file for non‐jury trials. Updated client in LPS and Real Resolution with account status on each phase of the case. Wagner & Hunt Law, P.A. – Law Firm 5233 Coconut Creek Parkway Margate, FL 33063 February 2007 – November 2011 Paralegal Assistant Responsible for timely distribution of incoming mail to attorneys and office staff. Set hearings in all 67 Florida counties. Prepared and mailed legal documentation, including notice of hearings, affidavits, motions, defaults and final judgment. Maintained a heavy case flow, while keeping attorneys informed, and database updated in a timely manner.
- Paralegal Assistant at Popkin & Rosaler, P.A. - Foreclosure Law Firm
- Paralegal Assistant at Elizabeth R. Wellborn, P.A. - Foreclosure Law Firm
- Paralegal Assistant at Wagner & Hunt Law, P.A. - Law Firm
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school
I am a personal injury paralegal assistant. I open health insurance claims. I verify medical bills and review police reports. I help collect information needed in order to open and close a case. I collect insurance information from the defendant. And help prepare settlement demands. As well as reduce medical bills and loans. I try to get my client the highest amount possible for their injuries.
- Paralegal Assistant at KANNER & PINTALUGA
- Travel services at Receptionist and customer service
- Customer Service Sales Specialist at Blades direct
- Team member at Party city
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High school - Performing arts program
DUTIES: Paralegal Assistant I performs of a variety of technical, paralegal support to professional staff attorneys, requiring some substantive knowledge of the principles, methodology and techniques pertinent to the legal field; and performs other legal work to assist lawyers in providing legal services. Drafts correspondence; assists in researching and checking cited authorities and specific laws and statutes; assists in preparing memorandums and pleading; assists in checking and prepares first drafts and/or outlines of briefs; understand the legal process; prepare, process and maintain legal records, forms and documents; draft documents; follow oral and written instructions; deal tactfully and effectively with other employees and the general public; keep matters confidential; operate common office equipment.
- PARALEGAL ASSISTANT I at OFFICE OF THE COUNTY ATTORNEY
- FRONT DESK COORDINATOR at DR. CAROL A. HOLLAN, M.D
- SENIOR LEGAL SECRETARY at SANDIEGO, CA
- EXECUTIVE SECRETARY at CITY OF SAN DIEGO ETHICS COMMISSION
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Mathematics
to September 2019 -Assisted paralegal and attorneys on team -Requested medical records and police reports for clients and followed up on urgent requests -Reviewed and filed all case documents
- Paralegal Assistant at Robert J. Debry & Associates
- Front Desk Receptionist at
- Data Entry at Kumon
6 months at this Job
- Graduate Certificate - Highlights
• Processing all incoming notices from the United States Patent & Trademark Office as well as the World Intellectual Property Office.
• Maintaining all post issuance cases to ensure annuity fees are paid and any needed specimens are filed.
• Maintaining all PCT and Provisional cases to ensure deadlines are met.
• Investigate, prepare, and file all Information Disclosure Statements, Assignments, Power of Attorneys, and various other legal documents.
• Direct and coordinate law office activities including seminars, conferences, meetings, and foreign client visits.
• Create, disperse, and maintain all marketing materials and marketing campaigns.
• Various other duties assigned by the Lead Paralegal or Managing Attorney.
- Paralegal Assistant at Cernota & Rardin
- Marketing Administrative Assistant at Plastics Forming Enterprise
- Administrative Assistant at Critical Process Filtration
- Marketing Administrative Assistant at JP Pest Services
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration
Preformed general secretary duties, including taking phone
calls, scheduling to meet with Attorney, Answering any
questions clients had.
● Opened and closed cases assigned to certain paralegal, Making sure Discovery was processed, E-filing court filed documents
● Updated electronic and paper calendar with upcoming events and any deadlines
● Made sure client's were up to date on there cases.
- Paralegal Assistant at Defiance Law Firm
- Assistant Manager at Famous Footwear
- Cashier at McDonalds Glenwood Springs, Co
9 months at this Job
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining case database via MS Access program
• Actively search Access database for client case eligibility
• Format, review and finalize monthly foreign investor reports
• Extensive internet research for new and/or recently settled cases
• Draft, review and finalize client retention letter including certification for potential clients
• Telecommunications with shareholders and clients re: case status
• Other paralegal duties as assigned
- Paralegal Assistant at Spector, Roseman & Kodroff P.C
- Legal Assistant to the Firm Administrator at
- File Clerk at
11 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school
Office Assistant to paralegal staff. Perform duties such as processing and transcribing documents, entering data, scheduling and taking dictation. Typical office duties such as answering phones, managing inventory. Filing, scanning legal documents. Coordination Legal Calendar. work under the direction of lawyers and help them prepare for meetings, hearings and trials.
- Paralegal Assistant/Law Clerk at Schwartz Goldstone Campisi & Kates, LLP
- Online Sales Consultant at HomeAdvisor
- Assistant General Manager at THE WRIGHT FIT
- Front Desk Attendant at THE WRIGHT FIT
1 year at this Job
- None - EDUCATION