Parent Educator; Supervisor; Grant writer;
- Parent Educator at Morningstar Treatment Services
- Mental Health Therapist at Behavioral Health Services of South Georgia
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Sociology
- Bachelor's - Sociology
Responsibilities: Parent Educator Achievements: Recruited 36 families with a total of 52 children
- Parent Educator at Parents As Teachers
- Senior Citizens Computer Teacher at Stanzel Foundation
- Associate Consultant at Workshop presenter to area schools
- Presenter at National Reading Conference
13 years, 3 months at this Job
- BS degree - English
Parent Educator..Teaching Individual Parenting and Adult Life Skills
- Parent Educator at Harmony Mental Health
- Chemical Dependency Counselor at Compdrug - Noble County
- Social Worker/Case Manager at The Salvation Army MWV Division
- Director of Soial Services at Heartland Rehabilitation Center
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- BA - Counseling and Rehabilitation
As a parent educator. Worked with families in helping with their goals and helping in the child development in preparation to go into kindergarten or new parents finding the resources they need help with such as finding work or help with paying their Bill's or counciling from social group connections .
- Parent educator at Fort Morgan family center
- Teacher Assistant at Iliff Head Start
- Security officer at Colorado Department of Corrections
- Customer service in Garden Center at Home Depot
9 months at this Job
- BA in Psychology - Psychology
As a Parent Educator I focused on reunification between child and parenting through visits. Progress notes, monthly reports and court reporting.
- Parent Educator at Home Base Collaborative Family Counseling
- Associate at Macy's
- Floater/Assistant Teacher at Bright Horizons @ Timberland
- Teacher at Bright Beginnings Children Center
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school
2017 - Current
• As a Parent Educator I work with the HIPPY (Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters) curriculum program, which is a home visitation, educational program that partners with parents in equipping, instructing, and roleplaying with them, to educate them in the developmental ages and stages of their child, and to help them gain understanding in how to work with their preschooler in an educational manner
• Program community recruitment
• Providing data for state funding program through MIECHV (Maternal and Infant Early Child Home Visitation)
• Planning and organizing "Family Mixers" and "Park Days"
• Scheduling enrollments and home visitation RESUME TERESA (DARLENE) WATTS
- Parent Educator at Sunrise Children's Foundation
- Server at Pahrump Valley Winery
- Customer Service Representative/Keyholder at Gemini Boutique
- Administrative Assistant at Carolina Forest Boulevard
2 years, 2 months at this Job
• Selected to serve on a three-member team charged with the responsibility of establishing and running the Huntsville program for the world-wide Military Child Education Coalition.
• Serving as a Parent to Parent Educator with responsibility for coordinating and conducting weekly educational seminars utilizing funding provided by a grant from the State of Alabama Department of Education.
• Specific tasks included establishing relationships with Huntsville and Redstone Arsenal community support agencies through marketing and advertising, planning workshops seminars, developing and modifying educational products within Sharepoint and presenting approved educational material during the events.
• Took on a leadership role in October 2018 being responsible for all monthly reports. Additionally responsible for all purchases and the ordering of supplies.
- Parent Educator at Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC)
- volunteer at US Army Garrison Wiesbaden
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Graduate Certificate in Federal Contracting and Procurement Management - Federal Contracting and Procurement Management
- B. S. - Management
- A.A. - Nuclear Medicine Technology
As a parent educator I teach and build skills with my clients in a variety of different areas which include addiction recovery homelessness domestic violence special needs and special education Within the school systems
- Parent Educator at Every Student Counts Alliance
- Caregiver at
- Technician at Greenleaf Landscape
- Operation Assistant at Catholic Charities-HOC
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Greenwood, SC Parent Educator * Recruit and enroll families * Meet with families at well child visits, either with the physician/pediatric nurse practitioner or separately. * Conduct home visits as required by the program parameters and at requested intervals. * Screen for child's developmental progress. * Identify quality resources and provide referrals and follow-up as appropriate to foster community connections. * Facilitate/lead parent groups. * Maintain timely and accurate data entry and reporting.
- Parent Educator at The Children's Center at Carolina Health Center
- Lander University at
- Executive Administrative Assistant at The Children's Center at Carolina Health Centers
- Area Manager at Belk
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts - Management and Leadership
- Bachelors of Science - Sociology
• Parent Educator Parents as Teachers, Kirkwood School District, Kirkwood, MO
• Manage a caseload of 50-75 high risk/high need and typical families each year; create individualized lesson plans to families of prenatal to Kindergarten age children.
• Support, through home visits, parenting skills and child growth and development in social-emotional, language, intellectual and motor areas, as well as health, nutrition and safety, based on individual needs.
• Prepare written documentation of each visit and results or follow-up required.
• Create and present group meetings on topics in child development, education and parenting.
• Initiate and update job descriptions, salary structure, and benefits eligibility for PAT to maintain compliance with district human resource policies.
• Represent PAT at long and short term planning meetings, career and family fairs and other functions.
• Teach principles of Love and Logic, a parent education program to teach children the basics of making responsible choices ABA Discrete Trial Implementer Early Childhood Special Education, Kirkwood School District
• Based on the principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), and using individual IEP goals and objectives, develop and implement discrete trail therapy for students to increase academic, social, motor and communication skills.
• Record and maintain data to measure and report on performance and adjust discrete trials and progress to goal achievement.
• Conduct small group Theraplay sessions for children with special needs
• Teach and support students with IEPs in 1:1, small or large group setting based on student needs and classroom needs
• Basic sign language and interpretation used with children who have developmental delays in speech or hearing. District Coordinator, Kindergarten Screening Parents as Teachers, Kirkwood School District, Kirkwood, Mo
• Supervise and schedule screening staff and nurses for annual Kindergarten screening program
• Meet on-site individually with parents to review screening results then make recommendations for further medical or educational evaluations as needed.
• Collect and analyze scores and demographic data, and report findings to school district administration for planning and budgeting purposes. Developmental Screener Parents as Teachers, Kirkwood School District, Kirkwood, MO
• Conduct a variety of developmental screenings with children six months through five years.
• Upon completion of screening, score and summarize results then meet individually on-site with parents to review information and make recommendations for further educational/medical evaluations as needed.
• Assist parents with referral forms and information necessary to complete evaluation requests or act as information resource if needed in the referral process.
- Parent Educator at Kirkwood School District
at this Job
- Bachelor's - English Education
- Master's - Social Sciences, Early Childhood Special Education