Retired from U.S. Govt after thirty four plus years of service During my tenure hired as a Passport Specialist and retired as a Supervisor Passport Specialist. Managed a team of eight Passport Specialist. Wrote interim reviews and end of year evaluations. Reviewed Specialist work for accuracy as entitlement to U.S. citizenship claims. Ensured applicants were properly identified per the guidelines set by the Bureau of Consular Affairs. Assisted with customers concerns daily and reviewed receipts of payments for accuracy. Created letters for denial claims to U.S. citizenship.
- Supervisor Passport Specialist at U.S. Government--Atlanta Passport Agency
- Resturant Manager at Popeyes Fried Chicken
33 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Management
Mailroom, Quality control verifiy passport information etc
- Passport Specialist at Houston Passport Agency
- Logistical Specialist at National Guard
- Parts Driver at Pep Boys Auto Service & Tire
- Sales Associate at Kids Foot-Locker
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
2017 - Present CIBT is one of the largest and most well-established travel visa and passport company in the world. Visa and Passport Specialist Handle and complete needs of Fortune 500 company's passport/Visa applications. Handle all documents to expedite them swiftly and seamlessly. Consult with clients with respect to their travel needs.
- Visa and Passport Specialist at CIBT Visas, Inc
- Consolidation Department - Auditor/loan processor at Enterprise Recovery System
- Customer Service - Financial Services Specialist at Grainger
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Interdisciplinary Studies
Well-respected senior Passport Specialist possessing a proven track record of superior performance in meeting policy changes and program goals, seeks to leverage expertise in Program Facilitation, Relationship Management, Team Leadership, Auditing, Training, Operations Streamlining, Risk Identification, Strategic Reporting, and Federal Regulatory Compliance to support key initiatives and program needs within the US Dept. of State in the City of Chicago.
- Passport Specialist at U.S. Department of State
- Temporary Supervisory Passport Specialist at U.S. Department of State
- Processing Team Lead at Stanley Associates - Chicago Passport Agency
- Processing Team Lead at Randstad North America
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree in Commodity - Food, & Textile Marketing
-CLASSIFIED VISA AND PASSPORT SERVICES, Washington, DC DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY (Travel Office) - CLASSIFIED VISA AND PASSPORT SERVICES, Washington, DC Visa and Passport Specialist/Customer Service, Dec 2015 - Mar 2019 Perform clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and e-mail. Gather, register, and arrange the materials for submission at the Embassies. Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format. Keep records of work performed. Receive and respond to complaints. Recommend services that will meet customers' needs.
- Visa and Passport Specialist/Customer Service at USAID
- Company staff at GANIR & COMPANY PACIFIC RIM COMMERCIAL SERVICES INC
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Nursing Aid
- BS in BA - Human Resource Development Management
Responsibilities On a daily basis I review passport applications to determine citizenship. Process applications for foreign applicants to derive citizenship through naturalization of a relative. Review all laws required on a daily basis and accept or deny the applications. Do data base checks on all applications I review. Accomplishments I have maintained a rating of outstanding for the entire six years I have been employed by the Dept. of State. I have trained several people and completed several courses hand writing analysis as well as fraud indicators. I have traveled to other facilities to train acceptance agents and future employees. Perform leadership skills on a daily basis to help a team of passport specialist determine difficult and complicated cases. Skills Used On this difficult assignment I have demonstrated excellent one on one customer skills as well as extensive telephone skills. We are trained exclusively for our determination of the privilege of citizenship. I have excellent computer skills as it is required in this position.
- Passport Specialist at National Passort Center (Dept. Of State)
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school - Office
• Mentors, trains and provides technical advice/guidance while treating colleagues and customers fairly and equitably. Provides direction in the absence of supervisors. Leads, and walks in-stride with team members, and accomplishes mission objectives independently.
• Acts as inter-agency liaison for Congressional inquiries on behalf of constituents to address and/or resolve highly sensitive cases with pressing time constraints. Coordinates and participates in inter-agency outreach programs.
• Assists Customer Service Office in planning, coordinating, and directing outreach programs and region-wide customer service programs. Drafts Congressional and Acceptance Facility newsletters and legal correspondence on behalf of State Department and the San Diego Passport Region.
• Performs special projects and contributes to studies to improve processes and performance, and reinforces and consistently improves expertise.
• Creates and performs training presentations for Agency employees and large groups of Acceptance Agents at Acceptance Facilities in the San Diego Customer Service Passport Region on behalf of the Customer Service Manager.
• Assesses the quality of service, identifies issues, and creates solutions to improve processes and procedures to achieve organizational goals and results.
• Conducts site visits for acceptance facilities, drafts reports, briefs Department and Contract staff, and provides targeted training for Acceptance Facilities and Acceptance Agents. Coordinates with external partners to establish training programs to recruit, assess, and certify Acceptance Agents.
• Researches and maintains multiple incompatible databases to identify and account for personnel changes and to resolve discrepancies in accordance with the FAM and ICG requirements. Evaluates capabilities Acceptance Facilities to ensure compliance.
• Provides expertise on changes in passport application, adjudication, and issuance policy to internal and external stakeholders. Promotes and maintains good public relations on behalf of the agency, shares information freely across levels and functions. Responds in a timely fashion to customers, stakeholders, and addresses colleagues’ concerns and requests.
• Researches, applies, and explains explains citizenship law, court decisions and precedents, Department rules, regulations and legal interpretations related to the administration of passport issuance program and employs adjudicative logic and discretion to resolve challenging and sensitive cases. Accomplishments
• Extra Mile Award (2018): Created and performed an outstanding presentation related to fraud awareness and facial recognition technology that incorporated adult learning and retention techniques, which maximized return on investment in one-hour bi weekly training.
• Extra Mile Award (2017): Served more than 15 tours as Duty Officer at the San Diego Passport Agency, ensuring regional customers with life or death emergencies could always be served in their time of greatest need.
• Franklin Award (2017): Exemplified superior customer service skills, modeled high level of integrity, professional conduct and personal accountability that directly resulted in increased productivity and efficiency of agency operations.
• Voluntarily provides Mandarin translation services
• Presented and instructed more than more than 100 acceptance agents from more than 15 Acceptance and Postal facilities in the San Diego Customer Service Passport Region
• Subject matter expert for complex cases and consistently counted on to resolve high-conflict/sensitive situations.
• Drafted local policies and envisioned and created new marketing materials:
• (2017)Developed pilot program and created policy that redesigned the process for suspense files and reduced cases in suspense for more than 90 days, by more than 23%.
• (2017)Drafted new standard operating procedures for the Customer Service Manager during transitional period for interim and new Customer Service Manager
• (2016) Received recognition for suggested changes to revamp travel.state.gov website which allowed the Department to become compliant with the Plain Language Initiative Executive Order on behalf of the Customer Service Manager
• (2016) Created new Communications/Holds Office policy and incorporated new legal requirements updated in the Foreign Affairs Manual
- Passport Specialist at US Department of State
- Treasurer at Denver University Student Veterans Association
- Voted as treasurer at University of Denver Student Veterans Association
- International Studies Student at eCrossCulture
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelors - International Studies
• Evaluated new and renewal passport applications for completeness and accuracy.
• Answered phone and email inquiries to assist applicants with application processing and preparation.
• Executed various administrative duties, such as: updating customer files and contacting clients to resolve application discrepancies.
- Passport Specialist at Department of State Passport Center
- Document Reviewer at Ikun, LLC
- Product Assembler at Ikun, LLC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Assist US passport and travel visa applicants with expedited processing. Provide consultation, support & instruction via phone, email, and live chat; fielding client & inquiry questions. De-escalate disgruntled customers. Field supervisor/manager request escalation calls. Train new hires. Administer billing dispute defense as the designated company liaison through chargeback to uphold policies. Remedy accounts of cardholders in dispute and their credit card issuing banks. Independently successfully protects 5 websites via: billing inquiries, bank call, chargeback, pre-arbitrations, and arbitrations. Drafts compelling appeal letters, gathers evidence, submits cases, pursues favorable verdicts, and finds company's policies consistently upheld as a result.
- Billing Dispute Manager & Passport Specialist at Passport Management LLC/ US Passport Services
- Auditor at Audit Recovery Systems
- Jr. Loan Officer at Summit Capital/ Pan American/ WestStar Mortgage
- Councilor at Sunrise Park Elementary School SACC Program
8 years at this Job
- Associates of Arts in Business and Law - Business and Law
- Associates of Science in Computer Application - Computer Application
- High school
Interviewee Travel Coordinator Verify travel documents needed for passport and visa applications Correspond with both internal and external clients to manage requests Update job aides and training documents on visa requirements Coordinating flight, hotel, and car service reservations for client interviewees Create, manage, and follow through on recruiting events including expense reporting Achievements in Role: Cost savings analysis on shipping costs to save client money
- Visa and Passport Specialist at American Express
- Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor - aXcess at American Express
- Team Leader at American Express
- Travel Counselor at American Express
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Business Technology Education