• Consulted clients to identify and secure intellectual property patent protection for inventions. Identified and communicated strengths and weaknesses of patent designs to clients. Managed multiple patent cases relating to chemical and software technologies simultaneously and to completion.
• Wrote detailed technical reports of inventions. Created 3d drawings of inventions using SolidWorks.
• Achieved a 98% approval rate of submitted patents to the United States Patent Office.
- Patent Engineer at Thoughts to Paper
- Process Research and Engineering Intern at University of Maryland Research Center
- Process Engineer at Alkylation Oil Refinery Plant Design - Project
- Prototyping Engineer Intern at ESURGI, Inc
4 months at this Job
- Master of Engineering - Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
* Supported Drafting patent applications for technology in the electronic and mechanical arts * Drafted responses to Office Actions for patent applications in the software, computer related, electronic, and the other arts * Performing Intellectual Property related searching * Performing written and oral translation services
- Patent Engineer at Cooper Legal Group, LLC
- Contract Patent Engineer at Han Santos Reich, PLLC
- Student Attorney at Washington University Entrepreneurship and IP Clinic
- Patent Litigation - Summer Intern at Singularity, LLP
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Intellectual Property
- Master of Intellectual Property - Intellectual Property
- - signal and communication systems
- Bachelor of Science in the Department of Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
• Prepared and prosecuted patent applications for clients resulting in a greater than 90% success rate in obtaining allowances through established relationships with Examiners and working closely with scientists, management staff and patent counsel.
• Drafted 10 patent applications in the area such as building management solutions and medical devices.
• In coordination with IP Attorneys, assisted clients with day to day intellectual property needs.
- Patent Engineer at Seager, Tufte, Wickhem LLP
- Global Ops Program Manager at United Technologies Corp
- Tech Pubs Program Manager at United Technologies Corp
- Production Program Manager at United Technologies Corp
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Electrical Engineering
- Draft and prosecute patent applications for software and mechanical technologies - Collaborate with patent attorneys to advise clients on intellectual property strategy - Assist in identifying patentable products and product features
- Patent Engineer at Fenwick & West LLP
- Peer Adviser at Santa Clara University
- Global Fellows Program Manager at Santa Clara University
- Intern at Paragon Mechanical
7 months at this Job
- - Mechanical Engineering
Draft patent applications for submission to USPTO
- Patent Engineer Contractor at TurboPatent
- Patent Engineer at TurboPatent
- Patent Specialist at Seattle Patent Group LLC
- Legal Extern at F5 Networks, Inc
4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Master of Science - Engineering Science
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
Prepare and prosecute patent applications directed to semiconductor device fabrication, AR/VR systems, and social networking systems, including extensive interviews with USPTO examiners Respond to communications from patent offices in the US and foreign jurisdictions Perform prior art search on invention disclosure materials from clients Participate in patent harvesting meeting to provide guidance on patent filing strategies
- PATENT ENGINEER at Fenwick & West LLP
- LOGIC TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT RELIABILITY INTERN at Intel Corporation
- FAB PROCESS ENGINEERING INTERN at Maxim Integrated
- Commercialization Analyst at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
My job at IEDAC mostly revolves around working in the automated industry which include:
● Reading wiring schematics and following them precisely to build what is needed to build
● Contacting both current and potential investors through emails and phone calls.
● Fulfilling orders made through the online sale program.
● Contacting agencies that help move projects forward.
- Patent Engineer at IEDAC
- Porter/Lube Tech at Chapman Chrysler Jeep
- Track Assistant at Dream Racing
- Sales Associate at Calvin Klein
10 months at this Job
- Diploma in Automotive Technologies - Mechanical Technology
Handled more than 100 patent prosecutions, more than 30 of which have already been allowed, technical field including software, mechanical, chemical, materials, biological, pharmaceutical, and procedures in prosecution including Paris Convention, PCT and voluntary amendment.
• Translated office actions generated in course of prosecution and drafted responses.
• Negotiated settlement clauses in IP infringement case and received favorable comments from client.
• Made cold calls to potential clients in marketing seminar, more than one-third attended.
• Organized campus recruitments, interviewed and recruited interns. Conducted training sessions to interns.
- Patent Engineer at Osha Liang LLP
- Researcher at Zhejiang University
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Law
- Bachelor's - Polymer Science and Engineering
-Track customer's patent and trademark portfolio -Research patents for duplication -Track patent and trademark maintenance fees -Coordinate research of IP issues -Support inventors to prepare invention disclosure -Support patent counsel to prepare and prosecute patent applications through inventor input -Attend project meetings of patent counsel to manage project status
- Patent Engineer at Briarstone Consultants
- Technical Writer/Project Engineer II - FCA PMBD Project at AVL Consulting
- Transmission Controls Integration Engineer at G-Tech Technical Services
- Powertrain Release Engineer (Gasoline and Diesel Engine Controllers) at Ricardo Meda Technical Services
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master - Science Biomedical Engineering
o Support 200+ engineers in 14 engineering sites located across 12 countries for patent prosecution, prior art search, OSS management and trade secret management o Publish anonymous research papers for defensive purpose o Participate and provide information on state of the art knowledge at brain storming sessions o Conduct landscape, patentability and freedom to operate studies for all CPI products, projects, and activities. o Coordinate with channel and central engineering teams to ensure IP reviews are conducted for projects/products throughout the development cycle. o Assist in the prosecution of CPI’s patent applications globally. Participate in the review of office actions, including analyzing correspondence and technical references received from global patent offices, and assist outside counsel in drafting responses thereto. o Conduct preliminary reviews of CPI’s portfolio of active applications and, where possible, propose action based on business strategy as communicated by management. o Participate in quarterly annuity reviews to evaluate CPI’s patent portfolio. Conduct secondary reviews with inventors, engineers and business groups to determine the value of CPI’s patent portfolio to support keep/drop recommendations to management. o Collaborate with inventors to ensure invention disclosures are thoroughly completed and finalized prior to being submitted. Support the development and creation of new patent applications. o Research on security features detection technologies in banknote and coins (one provisional patent application filed – converted to anonymous publication)
- Patent Engineer at Crane Payment Innovations
- Patent Analyst at Landon IP (Now owned by CPA Global)
- Post-doctoral Research Associate at Drexel University
- Graduate Research Assistant at Drexel University
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering