Paralegal, Legal Operations and Intellectual Property Compliance
PRO Unlimited, Inc. providing services for
Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation
East Hanover, NJ Campus
October 2017 – December 2018 My responsibilities included processing metadata and maintaining the Patent Database utilizing the Firm’s intellectual property docket application to calendar events and deadlines related to foreign and domestic patent and trademark registration and renewal; domain name registration and enforcement; and other matters handled by the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practices. This includes:
• Obtaining and downloading documents from USPTO web site; EPO Registry; KIPO; and obtaining references for office actions and search reports Process and docket US & foreign paper mail, email correspondence from foreign associates, and USPTO email correspondence on a daily basis.
• Process new matter requests and matter description revisions;
• Working with other Docketing Paralegals to coordinate incoming and outgoing file transfers;
• Processing and docketing internal attorney updates;
• Conducting status checks and updates to docket, and maintain records.
- Patent Paralegal at ProUnlimited
- Legal Assistant/ Patent Paralegal at Cheisa Shahinian Giantomasi
- Legal Assistant/Patent Paralegal at Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Senior Legal Secretary, Intellectual Property Dept. at Lowenstein Sandler LLP
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High School Graduate
• Support patent attorneys with evaluation, preparing, and prosecution of patent and trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other foreign patent offices.
• Prepare Information Disclosure Statements, response to office actions, new application filings, response to missing parts, response to restriction requirements, response to notice of non-compliant amendments and appeals.
• Prepare formal documents for US and foreign filings.
• Monitor and maintain attorney dockets and docket database system in US and foreign prosecution matters.
• Create and maintain patent and trademark application files.
• Prepare correspondence, report and legal documents with clients regarding patent prosecution matters with clients and foreign associates.
• Handled organizing, finalizing and filing US, PCT and foreign patent applications and prosecution documents with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and foreign patent offices.
• Utilized EFS to file documents online with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Patent Paralegal at NXP Corporation
- Contract Patent Assistant at Robert Half
- Patent Assistant at MAYER BROWN LLP
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Science - Social Work and Sociology
Responsibilities include assisting clients in maintaining extensive patent portfolios; monitoring patent correspondence primarily transmitted both electronically and via secure portal; preparing patent applications for filing as well as electronically filing applications via the EFS-web system; identifying and entering deadlines into CPi docketing database including incoming and outgoing correspondence from the USPTO and foreign associates; preparing various IP reports; maintaining all patent and trademark electronic and paper files; processing invoices from US and foreign patent counsel; monitoring the status of patents and patent applications via the USPTO PAIR system.
- Patent Paralegal at Grossman, Tucker, Perreault & Pfleger, PLLC
- Head Intellectual Property Paralegal at DEKA Research & Development Corp
- Patent Legal Secretary/Patent Paralegal at Devine, Millimet & Branch, P.A
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at Bourque & Associates, P.A
1 month at this Job
- Liberal Arts Degree
- - Social Work and Early Childhood Education
• File, prosecute and maintain patents and patent applications, trademarks and copyrights - foreign and domestic
• File and prosecute patent infringement claims
• Part-time paralegal to Patent Counsel, Dr. James C. Carver, in intellectual property areas of agriculture, design, oilfield equipment, among others
• Responsible for docketing of all patent/patent application, trademark and copyright matters and maintenance of calendars to manage crucial deadlines and due dates in case work
• Preparation and filing of responses to Office Actions, Invitations, Communications and Notices
• Communications and chief contact with foreign patent agents
• Research of Patent Law, Regulations and Procedures in U.S.C., CFR and MPEP
- IP Patent Paralegal at The Carver Law Firm
- IP Patent Paralegal at Turk IP Law
- IP Contract & Patent Administrator at Albemarle Chemical Corporation
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Animal-Dairy-Poultry Science - Animal, Dairy & Poultry Science
• Supported the Director of R&D Planning, lab managers, in-house counsel and inventors in various patent administrations
• Ran meetings, scheduled Invention Disclosure, and coordinated drafting, filing and prosecution of applications with inventors and outside counsel
• Updated IP Department's case files and docketing database on regular basis, preparing patent statistics and reports for the management
• Worked as the administrator of the corporate patent awards program, handled correspondence with outside law firms, and supported services invoice payments
- Patent Paralegal at Samsung Information Systems America (SISA)
- U.S. Patent Prosecution Specialist at Finnegan
- at ESS Technology, Inc
10 months at this Job
- - Communication, and Keys to Effective
- Certificate - ABA
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Engineering
- - IP Portfolio Management
• Conducted legal research and writing on patent issues for a variety of patents presented to the United States Patent and Trade offices
• Monitored assorted patents via a database to ensure compliance with federal law and to track a legal billing for each project.
• Examined competing patent presentations to find trademark opposition
• Implemented efficient systems for the processing of legal bills.
• Conducted research as needed
- Patent Paralegal at Scot Davis
- Legal Advisor at Mindfreedom Colorado
- Insurance Paralegal at
- Deputy Public Defender at Kootenai County Public Defender
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- BA - Middle Eastern History and German
Responsibilities Support the prosecution of US and foreign patent applications by collecting pertinent information and preparing official documents. Miscellaneous research to support clients’ intellectual property portfolio or business development needs.
- Patent Paralegal at Venable, LLP
- Editorial Assistant at Georgetown University
- Market Specialist at Sparks HR
- Volunteer outreach coordinator at The PAAJAF Foundation
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- MA - Global, International and Comparative History
- - Summer North Africa Program
- Bachelor of the Arts - History and Philosophy
Manage docketing and filing of U.S. and international patent application filings for newly developed law firm. Oversea deposit account. Mentor and train junior staff. Provide customer service to clients. Strategize and create efficient processes to expedite workflow processes. Create reference materials and manuals for staff.
- Senior Patent Paralegal at Haley Guiliano LLP
- Senior Patent Paralegal at Ropes & Gray LLP
- Patent Paralegal at Ostrolenk, Faber, Gerb & Soffen LLP
- Patent Paralegal at Ohlandt, Greeley, Ruggiero & Perle LLP
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- M.B.A. - Strategic Business Management
- Certificate - Paralegal Studies
- B.A. - Television/Video
• Manage fast paced, high volume patent portfolios for Senior Patent Counsels in the U.S. and Thailand.
• Execute priority tasks requiring persistent trouble-shooting and follow-up: e.g., obtained a rush Malaysian foreign filing license within 3 days; contacted USPTO's legal office to address its online petition deficiency.
• Prepare and file documents for all phases of the patent prosecution process, including patent applications, office action responses, assignments, declarations, information disclosure statements, payment of issue fees and appeal briefs; docket and monitor due dates.
• Support 12 Invention Review Boards, including taking minutes and managing invention disclosures globally; perform necessary follow-ups and instructions to outside counsel.
• Develop prosecution and department processes to streamline workflows.
• Provide training to paralegals and support staff on policies and legal standards.
• Conduct legal research, run reports and execute confidential work assignments for department executives and internal customers.
• Manage worldwide Inventor Recognition program.
- Senior Patent Paralegal at Western Digital Corporation
- Lead Intellectual Property Paralegal at Widerman & Malek
- Patent Assistant/Executive Secretary at Allergan, Inc
- Intellectual Property Legal Secretary at McDermott Will Check
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Patent Paralegal Certificate
- Paralegal Certificate
• Analyzed and tracked need for any changes in docket department procedure.
• Interfaced with cross-group teams for docket information update to accommodate shifts in data tracked.
• Created and maintained databank for pertinent documents for upload and update.
• Communicated between the engineer department and legal department for patent filed.
• Translated legal terms, information, and rules to the engineer department
• Prepared routine reports of departmental case data for patents filed, tracked, and data organized.
• Contacted global industry, companies, corporations on data tracked, filed updated, statue updated.
- Patent Paralegal II at MICROSOFT CORPORATION
- Legal Assistant Paralegal at MCCARTHY & HOLTHUS LAW FIRM
- Paralegal Internship at PHILLIPS HERRON, PLLC
- Law Documents Interpreter Volunteer Intern at METZ LAW GROUP, PLLC
9 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems - Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Arts in Law - Economics, and Public Policy
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business