Paralegal support for two partners within the firm including drafting USPTO responses, full docketing support, filing responses with the USPTO, invoicing, filing new USPTO patent and trademark applications, and drafting and sending client correspondence.
- Patent Paralegal at Posz Law Group, PLC
- Sales Associate at Orangetheory Fitness
- Paralegal at NOVA IP Law, PLLC
- Field Director at Mark Dudenhefer for Delegate
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Paralegal Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Patent Paralegal at top tier global law firm, providing high-level paralegal support to attorneys in the Intellectual Property Department. Direct contact with clients and form completion and filing
with the US Patent and Trademark Office, coordination of international filings with outside counsel and obtaining required legalized documents required on a country by country basis.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and Anaqua IP tracking and reporting software.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with attorneys, staff and clients on a regular basis with attention to detail.
• Works effectively in a fast-paced environment, able to handle large volumes of work and numerous matters simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Patent Paralegal at Greenberg Traurig, LLC
- Patent Administrator at Lundbeck Research USA, Inc
- IP Legal Assistant at Gibbons P.C
- Patent Paralegal / Legal at Par Pharmaceutical Inc
8 months at this Job
- Certificate of Completion - Paralegal Studies Program
- - Liberal Arts
Responsible for application procedures to register the intellectual property rights of the United States Postal Service employees/inventors, at the direction of in-house counsel, in conjunction with outside Intellectual Property Counsel. Established and maintained subject matter files and records for over 200 patents. Facilitated all aspects of the application management and reporting process, receiving disclosures and other documents and entering information into the Intellectual Property Docketing System database. Organized and prioritized tasks to meet deadlines. Participated in team/group in a manner that facilitates the accomplishments of team goals. Demonstrated the ability to speak and write clearly and effectively. Communicated with outside law firms regarding collaboration of projects, applications, prosecution and other related matters. Reviewed and tracked all incoming correspondence from outside patent counsel. Created reports from the patent docket report database as requested. Searched Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) website for information regarding patents. Served as primary contact for outside counsel. Prepared periodic reports on individual patent and portfolio status. Managed high volumes of tasks/projects with minimum supervision. Sent and received electronic messages, files, management directives and other documentation via the local area network. Liaised at all levels inside and outside the organization. Assisted with the research of existing patent information. Tracked outside counsel billing and payment. Fielded multiple calls from inventors and/or client organizations inquiring about patent application procedures. Wrote explanatory emails to accompany Innovation Disclosure documents to inventors. Prepared provisional patent application file folders using proper identification including LawManager Number, proper innovation name, all inventors' names, serial number, filing date, type of patent application and country of application. Maintained and updated folders with all relevant documents including all initial inventor contact material, innovation, disclosure document and attachments, e-mail print outs, client correspondence, outside counsel correspondence, USPTO documents received from outside counsel, draft applications, copies of Express Mail labels for tracking documents sent to inventors and/or outside counsel, copies of fax cover and confirmation sheets for communications sent to inventors and outside counsel. Cross referenced files with outside counsel's docket/status sheet. Encouraged inventor(s) to review draft applications and explain what is being asked of them. Identified each inventor's functional organization, supervisors and identify the correct decision maker. Processed and monitored all Declaration/Power of Attorney documents that are not filed along with the non-provisional documents. Back-up support to the Trademark Paralegal.
- Patent Paralegal at Kelly Services
- On-Call Front Desk Cashier/Receptionist at Kaiser Permanente
- Middle School Media Center Volunteer at Carol A. Porter-Chittams
- Paralegal Specialist at Kelly Law Registry
1 year at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Maintain IP docket, filing status, and prosecution calendar for attorneys' cases, act as liaison for attorney regarding correspondence between clients and foreign associates, prep and file patent applications, amendments and responses to Office Actions to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and monitor and post on firm website and social media sites.
- Patent Paralegal at Gardner Groff & Greenwald, PC
- Sales Associate at Cole Haan
- Retail Fashion Consultant at Savvi Formalwear
- Sales Associate at Lids Locker Room
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business - Marketing
• Coordinates all phases of U.S. patent application prosecution & manages international patent process.
• Dockets all U.S. & foreign deadlines accurately and timely.
• Communicates with attorneys, foreign associates, draftsmen, clients and accounting dept.
• Reviews official notices from the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office & e-files attorney's response.
• Transcribes correspondence and legal documents.
- Patent Paralegal at COCHRAN FREUND & YOUNG, LLC
- Health Claims Examiner/Processor at STATE FARM Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
- Life Customer Service Processor at STATE FARM Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.
- Life Customer Service Assistant at STATE FARM Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.
2 years at this Job
- Associate - Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor's - Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (concentration in Spanish) with Media Studies minor
- Minor - Mandarin
Paralegal, Legal Operations and Intellectual Property Compliance PRO Unlimited, Inc. providing services for Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation East Hanover, NJ Campus October 2017 – December 2018 My responsibilities included processing metadata and maintaining the Patent Database utilizing the Firm’s intellectual property docket application to calendar events and deadlines related to foreign and domestic patent and trademark registration and renewal; domain name registration and enforcement; and other matters handled by the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practices. This includes:
• Obtaining and downloading documents from USPTO web site; EPO Registry; KIPO; and obtaining references for office actions and search reports Process and docket US & foreign paper mail, email correspondence from foreign associates, and USPTO email correspondence on a daily basis.
• Process new matter requests and matter description revisions;
• Working with other Docketing Paralegals to coordinate incoming and outgoing file transfers;
• Processing and docketing internal attorney updates;
• Conducting status checks and updates to docket, and maintain records.
Paralegal, Legal Operations and Intellectual Property Compliance
PRO Unlimited, Inc. providing services for
Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation
East Hanover, NJ Campus
October 2017 – December 2018
My responsibilities included processing metadata and maintaining the Patent Database utilizing the Firm’s intellectual property docket application to calendar events and deadlines related to foreign and domestic patent and trademark registration and renewal; domain name registration and enforcement; and other matters handled by the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practices. This includes:
- Patent Paralegal at ProUnlimited
- Administrative Asistant/ Patent Paralegal at Cheisa Shahinian Giantomasi
- Administrative Assistant/Patent Paralegal at Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Senior Legal Secretary, Intellectual Property Dept. at Lowenstein Sandler LLP
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High School Graduate
Boston, Massachusetts March 2015 - present
Client Administrator in Intellectual Property Department
• Manage various aspects of the patent prosecution process, from filing non-provisional utility applications to submitting responses to notices of allowance.
• Perform Trademark diligence, researching IP holdings through TESS and TSDR, with a focus on chains of title and security interests.
- Patent Paralegal at Choate, Hall & Stewart
- Document Specialist at Update Legal, Inc
- Legal Research Assistant at Environmental Investigation Agency
- NUSL Post-Graduate Public Interest Fellow at Massachusetts Attorney General's Office
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Master's - Environmental Law and Policy
- Bachelor of Arts - Philosophy
- - Trademark Law
• Assisted with US and foreign prosecution for filing patent applications.
• Corresponded with clients and agents in order to coordinate each client's formality documents including their assignments, declarations and power of attorney.
• Docketed calendar deadlines for status of actions for the entirety of the cases of the patent portfolio on Ipendo
• Assisted the attorneys with drafting responses to office actions, Preliminary Amendments, Information Disclosure Statements, Declarations and Assignments.
• Responsible for Patent Searches in an effort to find any Prior Art for each specific Invention so as to prevent Infringement.
• Responsible for Preparing invoices in SAP for services performed pertaining to each case and any services performed for outside council.
• Generated Patent reports showcasing company achievement and cataloguing progress for current patents on a monthly basis to post in an Intellectual Property forum for the viewing benefit of inventors, attorneys and shareholders.
- Patent Paralegal at Firmenich Inc
- Patent Paralegal at Hoxie & Associates LLC
- Patent Paralegal at ConvaTec Inc
- Patent Paralegal at Tyco Electronics Subsea Communications LLC
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Paralegal Certificate
• Developed and maintained client relationships.
• Developed a Paralegal and Receptionist Manual.
• Conducted an extensive market research in order to increase client base.
• Secured more than ten new client in less than three weeks.
- PATENT PARALEGAL at THE LAW OFFICE OF JEFF WILLIAMS
- ATTORNEY at MINISTRY OF JUSTICE JAMAICA
- PART-TIME LECTURER - COMPLIANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT at VOCATIONAL TRAINING DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
- CONSTRUCTION PARALEGAL (Volunteered) at BAC CONSULTING
1 month at this Job
• File, prosecute and maintain patents and patent applications, trademarks and copyrights - foreign and domestic
• File and prosecute patent infringement claims
• Part-time paralegal to Patent Counsel, Dr. James C. Carver, in intellectual property areas of agriculture, design, oilfield equipment, among others
• Responsible for docketing of all patent/patent application, trademark and copyright matters and maintenance of calendars to manage crucial deadlines and due dates in case work
• Preparation and filing of responses to Office Actions, Invitations, Communications and Notices
• Communications and chief contact with foreign patent agents
• Research of Patent Law, Regulations and Procedures in U.S.C., CFR and MPEP
- IP Patent Paralegal at The Carver Law Firm
- IP Patent Paralegal at Turk IP Law
- IP Contract & Patent Administrator at Albemarle Chemical Corporation
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Animal-Dairy-Poultry Science - Animal, Dairy & Poultry Science