ACADEMIC RECOGNITION: Cumberland County College: President's List 3 Semesters, Dean's List 2 Semesters Phi Theta Kappa Wilmington University Undergraduate: Dean's List Alpha Phi Sigma National Honor Society Delta Rho Epsilon Honor Society EMPLOYMENT HISTORY: Boudwin & Assoc. Swedesboro, NJ Patent Paralegal December 2014- Current
- Patent Paralegal at Boudwin & Assoc
- at Paul Earnest Farms
- Substitute Teacher at
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters in Administration of Justice - B.S. Criminal Justice
- A.S. - Criminal Justice
Paralegal, Legal Operations and Intellectual Property Compliance PRO Unlimited, Inc. providing services for Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation East Hanover, NJ Campus October 2017 – December 2018 My responsibilities included processing metadata and maintaining the Patent Database utilizing the Firm’s intellectual property docket application to calendar events and deadlines related to foreign and domestic patent and trademark registration and renewal; domain name registration and enforcement; and other matters handled by the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practices. This includes:
• Obtaining and downloading documents from USPTO web site; EPO Registry; KIPO; and obtaining references for office actions and search reports Process and docket US & foreign paper mail, email correspondence from foreign associates, and USPTO email correspondence on a daily basis.
• Process new matter requests and matter description revisions;
• Working with other Docketing Paralegals to coordinate incoming and outgoing file transfers;
• Processing and docketing internal attorney updates;
• Conducting status checks and updates to docket, and maintain records.
Paralegal, Legal Operations and Intellectual Property Compliance
PRO Unlimited, Inc. providing services for
Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation
East Hanover, NJ Campus
October 2017 – December 2018
My responsibilities included processing metadata and maintaining the Patent Database utilizing the Firm’s intellectual property docket application to calendar events and deadlines related to foreign and domestic patent and trademark registration and renewal; domain name registration and enforcement; and other matters handled by the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practices. This includes:
- Patent Paralegal at ProUnlimited
- Legal Assistant/ Patent Paralegal at Cheisa Shahinian Giantomasi
- Legal Assistant/Patent Paralegal at Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Senior Legal Secretary, Intellectual Property Dept. at Lowenstein Sandler LLP
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High School Graduate
Responsibilities: via USPTO EFS-Web including but not limited to, new applications (Provisional, Non- Provisional, Continuations, Divisionals), responses to Missing Parts, Restriction Requirements, Office Actions, Information Disclosure Statements (IDSs), Assignment Recordations, and Certificates of Correction; applications via PCT Safe; of patent applications outside of the United States; resources (PAIR, EFS-Web, EPAS) and other patent-related websites; task schedule; Experience & Qualifications:
• Assist attorney(s) with drafting and editing domestic prosecution documents for filing
• Assist attorney(s) with drafting, editing, and filing Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
• Work with and advise foreign counsel in connection with prosecution and maintenance
•Managing assigned dockets and collaborating with IP docketing team;
•Ability to effectively utilize IP docketing software (Foundation IP), USPTO online
•Ability to independently and efficiently prioritize workflow, and maintain an organized
•Ability to manage high volume and efficiently prioritize competing demands.
•25 years of US and foreign patent prosecution experience
•Proficient knowledge and usage of document management system (MS Word, Outlook, iManage, DeskSite, FileSite and Excel).
• Have a solid understanding of both US and foreign patent lifecycles and the ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of the PCT Service Center Online Document Upload, WIPO PatentScope, Espacenet, European Patent Register, and other foreign patent websites.
• Able to identify and complete tasks with little to no supervision.
via USPTO EFS-Web including but not limited to, new applications (Provisional, Non- Provisional, Continuations, Divisionals), responses to Missing Parts, Restriction
Requirements, Office Actions, Information Disclosure Statements (IDSs), Assignment
Recordations, and Certificates of Correction;
applications via PCT Safe;
of patent applications outside of the United States;
resources (PAIR, EFS-Web, EPAS) and other patent-related websites;
Experience & Qualifications:
- Patent Paralegal at Perkins Coie LLP
- Patent Paralegal at Proskauer LLP
- Patent Paralegal at Heller Ehrman LLP
- Patent Paralegal at Foley & Lardner
9 years, 11 months at this Job
- Paralegal Certificate
- High School Diploma
US & Foreign Patent Department Manager / Docketing Department Supervisor, 2017 to Present
Direct all operations for the US & Foreign Patent Departments with direct management of a six-member team
executing all patent functions. Hold full accountability for training, coaching, and mentoring members of the Patent team. Partner with senior leadership to develop and implement vital professional development
opportunities for all staff. Engage in oversight of docketing workflow conducted by the Docketing Department
• Execute careful screenings of a full range of new and existing patent filings, ensuring all necessary information is accurate and submitted on time.
• Create new merge forms and update existing ones as needed, update fee schedules, and deliver key support to attorneys involved in a wide array of patent-related filings and research projects.
• Organize and manage meetings, webinars, and training sessions for Patent staff members to promote professional development and update staff on changes within the firm and United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO).
• Continually work to identify operational weaknesses and deliver recommendations for improvements to management in an ongoing effort to optimize workflows and achieve major time and cost savings.
• Improved efficiency by streamlining filing processes, eliminating paper filings, implementing practices that reduce paper usage, creating user friendly reference materials, and employing pilot programs aimed at further expediting processes.
• Put in place several measures that have saved clients thousands of dollars in unnecessary costs.
• Integrally involved in conducting HR operations for the team including staff training, annual staff review/assessments, new staff interviewing & onboarding, disciplinary actions, and more. Page 2
- Patent Paralegal at St. Onge Steward Johnston & Reens, LLC
- Foreign Patent Department Manager / Docketing Department Supervisor at St. Onge Steward Johnston and Reens, LLC
- Docket Administrator/Manager at St. Onge Steward Johnston and Reens, LLC
2 years, 5 months at this Job
Responsible for preparing and filing all necessary documents for US patent applications, including initial filings, Office Actions, Information Disclosure Statements, and issue fees. Approximately 100 new US applications per year. ◆ Instruct and coordinate with foreign associates to file and prosecute foreign patent applications. Approximately 150 new foreign applications/year. ◆ Prepare and obtain declarations and assignments from inventors located in multiple offices and countries ◆ Actively monitor the patent dockets and coordinate with attorneys to ensure all tasks are handled ◆ Integrate all acquisition patent and trademark applications into our current processes (approximately 2 acquisitions/year) ◆ Implement process improvements to increase efficiency, including reducing the need for obtaining paper certified copies, integrating our paper files into a new document management system, creating templates for USPTO forms ◆ Coordinate with internal offices in Japan, Taiwan and Korea to assist with foreign filings and obtaining documents ◆ File US trademark applications, statements of use and responses to office actions ◆ Coordinate with Accounting to process royalty licensing payments
- Patent Paralegal at MOLEX, LLC
- Patent Paralegal at LEYDIG VOIT & MAYER, LTD
- Litigation Paralegal at WALSH, KNIPPEN, KNIGHT & DIAMOND
- Industrial Engineer at CESSNA AIRCRAFT CO., BOEING CO. and LEARJET CORP
12 years, 5 months at this Job
- Paralegal Certificate
- B.S. - Industrial Engineering
Preparation of filings from application to issuance for Provisional, Non- Provisional, PCT and foreign Applications, correspondence with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, correspondence with clients and internal counsel for corporations such as Boston Scientific/Scimed, Viacom, etc., correspondence with internal counsel and foreign associates, and docketing of domestic and international matters for corporations such as Apple Inc., Disney Enterprises, Inc. Other duties included preparation of Inventor Declarations and Assignments, transmittals, Office Actions, Responses, Preliminary Amendments, Appeals and Appeal Briefs, Application Data Sheets, Substitute Statements, Information Disclosure Statements, Statements Under 3.73, Terminal Disclaimers, requests for corrected parts, Power of Attorney, Notices of Allowance, payment of Issue Fees and Maintenance Fees, EFS web transactions, national phase order letters, proofreading of claims and bibliographic data, Certificates of Correction, and physical file maintenance.
- Patent Paralegal at Fay Kaplun & Marcin, LLP
- Paralegal / Bookkeeper at Julie Vaiman Esq
- Bookkeeper / Loan and Buying Agent at A1 Pawnbrokers Inc
- Co-Owner at Exclusive Fine Art Wholesale Inc
1 year at this Job
- Certificate - Paralegal
- AS - Graphic Design and Illustration
Provide legal support to 3 patent agents and 3 attorneys in the filing of new Biotechnology patent applications as well as preparation and prosecution of responses and documents as noted below. Also learned foreign patent prosecution by working with foreign agents to secure documentation necessary for filing and prosecution in other countries. Learned to file PCT applications through PCT Easy. Participated in implementation of new docketing system.
- Patent Paralegal at SYNGENTA BIOTECHNOLOGY INC
- Legal Admin Assistant II at ALSTON & BIRD, LLP
- Legal Administrative Assistant at SMITH ANDERSON
- Intellectual Property Legal Assistant at CIBA-GEIGY CORPORATION
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Paralegal certificate - Secretarial Science
Senior paralegal responsible for all US and foreign patents, trademarks, docketing and filings.
Prepared all patent and trademark documents for filing with USPTO and PCT filings, and instructed foreign associates for all foreign filings.
• Drafted initial application filings, formal documentation, amendments, and draft responses.
• Corresponded with examiners at USPTO and with foreign associates.
• E-Filed documents with USPTO.
• Conducted weekly docket meetings to discuss USPTO review of all incoming & outgoing correspondence.
• Maintained all Patent & Trademark files using Foundation IP Docket System (FIP) and Computer Packaging (CPA) Annuities. Responsible for entire docket system.
• Coordinated the docketing of all incoming correspondence
• Generated docketing reports.
• Liaison with patent draftsmen, outside counsel, engineers, physicians, and inventors. Additional duties included:
• Responsible for invention disclosures & lab notebooks.
• Prepared educational materials for IP Engineering Lunch and Learn seminars.
• Authored meeting materials for IP Steering Committee meetings.
• Prepared and coordinated all NDA / CDA Agreements. Responsible for physician royalty payments. Responsible for Patent Awards Program for inventors, budgets and complete lists of all IP with pictures of inventions for corporate meetings and bank updates.
- Senior Patent Paralegal & IP Manager at Alphatec Spine, Inc
- Intellectual Property Patent Paralegal at Birch Stewart Kolasch & Birch, LLP
- Intellectual Property Legal Assistant at Knobbe, Martens, Olson & Bear, LLP
- Intellectual Property Paralegal & Executive Assistant at Impra, Inc
7 years at this Job
- - Marketing and general education
Accomplishments: Created a Receptionist Manual CONSTRUCTION PARALEGAL (Vol.)- BAC CONSULTING
- PATENT PARALEGAL (TEMP) at THE LAW OFFICE OF JEFF WILLIAMS
- SENIOR PROSECUTOR IN DRUG TREATMENT COURT at MINISTRY OF JUSTICE JAMAICA - ATTORNEY-AT-LAW
- PART-TIME LECTURER at VOCATIONAL TRAINING DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
- Prosecuted all criminal matters involving non-fatal offences against the person at
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Law
- Patent Paralegal at Darrow Mustafa PC
- Immigration Paralegal at Fakhoury Global Immigration
- Data Entry Specialist at Michigan Billing Service
- Student Employee at MSU School of Social Work
1 year at this Job
- Associate - Paralegal
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice