The Patient Access Manager is responsible for assisting the Director in daily operations of all Patient Access functions and serves as the liaison between the Shared Service Center and the facility. The Patient Access Manager integrates the department's services with the hospital's primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. The Patient Access Manager serve as a key promoter of the Shared Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
• Perform patient registration function when needed to ensure wait times are kept to a minimum
• Model AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient and ensure staff are adhering to the patient experience expectations.
• Ensure QA on registrations for all areas of Registration
• Provide continuous training for and communicates changes to existing employees
• Prepare payroll and completes monthly work schedules as needed to ensure adequate staffing levels
• Follow-up on patient complaints promptly
• Implement and promote excellent customer service
• Work closely and professionally with outside agencies on special projects developed by the corporate office
• Interview, hire, evaluate, and counsel Patient Access staff members
• Perform evaluations in a timely manner
• Train new employees in all aspects of their assigned job
• Supervise and maintain the productivity of employees
• Review the quality of patient registration documents on a daily basis
• Process all paperwork in a timely manner
• Work closely with fellow managers to ensure all procedures regarding patient accounts are completed in a thorough and timely manner
• Complete monthly reports for the Director
• Responsible for Dept. Operations Report, FTEs and Operating budgets
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Ensure all Patient Access personnel policies are followed
• Ensure all Patient Access Policies and Procedures are adhered to
• Effectively manage and direct all areas of registration to ensure quality, productivity, and customer service
• Maintain a clean MPI on Meditech and works closely with HIM on a daily basis
• Maintain QA statistics and reports
• Monitor and maintain Daily Preservice Log, BILL45, and Alpha Census according to established SSC standards. If daily reports are worked by a centralized unit, the manager is responsible for working with the reports unit to ensure accounts are worked timely.
• Act in the capacity of Director in his/her absence
• Contribute to A/R goals for patient registration
• Conduct monthly staff meetings and in-services for all responsible areas
• Work closely with Market Financial Coordinator for updates and testing for HIS Systems.
• Assume on-call responsibilities to ensure adequate staff and problem solving
• Update collection system and requests rebill if appropriate.
- Patient Access Manager at Trident Medical Center
- Patient Access Supervisor at Trident Medical Center
- Ryan White and ADAP Coordinator and Registration Supervisor at Carolinas HealthCare System
- Office Coordinator at Providence Family Practice
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Studies in Human Behavior - Human Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Business Management
- Associate of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Associate in Arts
As the Patient Access Manager, I manage the Registration, Authorization and offsite areas for Piedmont Fayette Hospital
• Organizes, monitors and maintains the daily operational functions of the Patient Access Department, the supervision of supervisors, team lead and their employees in order to coordinate performance improvement, activities, and productivity management.
• Ensures obedience to policies and procedures, improvement in employee engagement, quality and accuracy of work performed, and recurrent staff education
• Monitors Key Performance Indicators as established by the Revenue Cycle Department and ensure all registration areas are meeting and/or exceeding each goal.
• Responsible for executing corrective action plans when goals are not met and/or policies not followed
• Filter through resumes to select appropriate talent to fill open positions, conducts multi-level interviews to ensure the right candidate is selected, develops onboarding and training material for new hires and completes detailed staff evaluations annually
• Maintains a positive work environment by demonstrating professionalism, building and fostering positive working relationships with our clinical peers, and deploy effective communication and active listening skills
• Responsible for managing a team of employees who are responsible for identifying and selecting the correct patient MRN during arrival, complete timely and accurate registrations, generate estimates for self-pay patients, collect patient financial responsibility and provide exceptional customer service to all encountered.
• Resolves any customer complaints or conflict with expedited resolution thorough research, providing key information in laymen terms for patient understanding, provides outstanding customer service to the patient and communicates error and/or re-education to staff to reduce and/or eliminating error from occurring again.
- Patient Access Manager at Piedmont Healthcare
- Patient Financial Care Manager at Piedmont Healthcare
- Patient Access Manager at Piedmont Henry Hospital
- Patient Access Manager at DeKalb Medical Center
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Process
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
Patient Access Manager – Detroit, MI. 6/2018-Present (Fulltime) u Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. u Assists in preparation for both short and long range planning recommendations for all Registration Process area including; Admitting, Tenet Care, Centralized Scheduling, and Patient Account departments. u Manages all operational metrics to ensure the department meets client and Conifer goals including, but not limited to Service Level Agreements and budgetary guidelines. u Consistently manages staffing activities in areas of responsibility. This includes documentation and identification of needs, selection of staff, wage/salary activities, orientation and training. u Enforces departmental policies, practices, procedures and work rules in accordance with approved hospital policies and assists in the development of new policies according to hospital and corporate guidelines. u Consistently communicates appropriate information to staff and provides feedback to Director and CFO. Communicates deficits and problems to supervisor with recommended solutions for improvements. u Conducts annual performance evaluations for staff, including goal setting and counseling where appropriate.
- Patient Access Manager at Conifer Health Solutions
- Refractive Manager at Vision Institute of Michigan
- Surgery Coordinator/Optical Assistant at Riverside Health System
- Lead Office Assistant at Mahajan Therapeutics
7 months at this Job
- Associates of Arts - Health Administration
- Associates of Science - Business Management
Patient Access Manager of Revenue Services for over 18 specialty locations throughout the Mid-South, MS and East Tennessee. Staffing included 6 direct reports and over 30 indirect reports. Achievement Highlights * Achieved developing and implementing Centralized and Decentralized Eligibility and Authorization team within the organization. Created standardized policy and procedures for patient access functions. * Reduced Patient Access denials from 34% to less than 2%. * Increased front end collection compliance by 11 % by creating KPI measures and reports. * Increased end user competency by creating training standards, quality reviews and on-site observations. * Created one-on-one with Operational Leaders to review their Revenue Service KPI measures and scorecard * Key IT and Revenue Service project leader when implementing the Patient Management system (PM) system. * Created the integrity of Patient Access by developing the check-in flow for the PM system and creating policies and procedures to improve capacity, which reduced our front end check-in process and increased patient satisfaction scores.
- Patient Access Manager/Revenue Service Manager at University Clinical Health
- Patient Support Manager at Brink and White Pediatric Dental Associates
- at Owner Operator Restaurant
- Practice Administrator Radiology at Methodist Hospital
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Business
- ARRT (R) - Radiology
• Client billing to 15 vendors
• Coordinate any billing issues with the facility directors
• Customer service person on site to resolve any billing issues between the hospital and corporate central billing office
• Extension of the corporate central billing office
• Contact patients to complete any missing paperwork Payment poster for Alabama and Texas Responsible for processing refunds Responsible for correcting payment/ adjustment errors Perform financial audits in five different departments Train office staff as appropriate Promoted to Patient Access Manager December 17,2017 Manage 20 registration clerks and 3 schedulers to include time and attendance tracking, dashboard tracking of registration times, errors and uninsured patient's procedures Attend daily financial meetings that includes AR monitoring, census and financial class tracking Attend weekly revenue cycle meetings that include tracking of collections and billing Member of the team to recruit new services that pertain to hospital admitting Responsible for hiring and terminating employees Assist in interviewing new Administrative candidates
- Patient Access Manager at Riverview Regional Medical Center
- CORPORATE BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER/PATIENT ACCOUNT ANALYST at Life Choice Hospice
- PRACTICE MANAGER at Gadsden HMA Physician Management
- BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER at Beverly Healthcare-Oxford
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Advanced Secretarial
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
I oversee the admissions/registration department of the hospital. I mentor and train new staff in the admissions department, monitoring the data collected in the admission process for accuracy, coordinating the daily activities of staff members in the department to ensure a high level of customer service, and ensuring that all staff members in their department are complying with departmental, institutional, and national policies and regulations. I overs certain financial aspects of the admissions department, such as the budget, and the resources needed by the department. I also oversee and document the co-pays monthly for my department. As a patient access manager I am also responsible for general managerial duties, such as leading regular staff meetings within their department, scheduling staff members, providing performance evaluations, setting departmental goals and ensuring the department meets those goals, and interviewing and hiring new staff members.
- Patient Access Manager at Trinity Health
- Program Supervisor at Kalix
- Support staff at Kalix
- Job Coach at Kalix
6 months at this Job
Managed the organizational and administrative operations of the Patient Access Department with a team of 20 Ensured excellent customer services, patient satisfaction, staff development and met fiscal goals Managed the financial aspects of the department and quality assurance activities
- Patient Access Manager at Children’s National Medical Center
- Director of Operations at Alliances for Quality Education
2 years at this Job
- Master of Human Services
Develop and revise policies and procedures for the PCMG Patient Access teams.
• Manage budget process and purchase of equipment and systems.
• Develop and supervise staff and provide feedback on daily routine.
• Implement, and evaluate systems to monitor accuracy and timeliness of registration. Monitor up-front cash collections.
• Hires, fires, disciplines, evaluates, and effectively motivates PCMG Patient Access team.
• Monitors for training opportunities or other solutions to address needs. Works closely with all PCMG Business Operations Managers to receive and provide feedback to improve overall clinical operations.
- PCMG Patient Access Manager at Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Operations Manager at BANNER UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER PHOENIX
- Manager at LabXpress
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Some college
Responsible for 26 direct reports, while managing the Pre Registration, Pre Certification and Inpatient Admissions staff, who are responsible for obtaining updated patient demographics, insurance verification and obtaining the required authorizations for all outpatient and inpatient services and providing for improved customer service, accurate patient registrations and timely reimbursement and the reduction of pre-certification denials and write-offs. I was an active participant in several organizational Patient Access Redesign and Campus Integration projects.
- Patient Access Manager at Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Interim Patient Access Manager - Fox Chase Cancer Center at Infinity Financial Group
- Commercial Insurance Billing Supervisor at SOUTH JERSEY HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS
- Investigation and Collections Supervisor at LEGAL FINANCIAL RECOVERY SERVICES, INC
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- AA - Criminal Justice
Oversee all patient access activities. Duties include: integrating and ensuring seamless scheduling and pre-registration/registration of patients for future services; interviewing hiring, training, supervising, evaluating and motivating team; ensuring staff is properly trained in the development and maintenance of effective customer relations, patient confidentiality, appointment booking, referrals and insurance prior authorizations; organizing and directing non-clinical operations of Ambulatory Call Center and Referral Departments; supervising day-to-day operations of authorizations and referrals for Lifespan pediatric specialties, including the children for Neurodevelopmental Center; working with RNs in other departments to oversee and recommend strategies for when claims are denied. Accomplishments: · Assisted with the development, planning, and directing of efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness in order to achieve goals for financial performance, quality, and regulatory adherence. · Worked collaboratively with Ambulatory Patient Access Director, Medical Directors and others to enhance patient safety and reduce unintended adverse patient outcomes and client dissatisfaction. · Allocated resources to create capacity to centralize Authorizations Department. · Identified a huge revenue loss in specialty drugs; created tool to ensure proper criteria was met to secure payments and reduce patient disruption.
- AMBULATORY PATIENT ACCESS MANAGER at LIFESPAN
- ADMINISTRATOR-IN-TRAINING PROGRAM at WEST VIEW NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER
- DIRECTOR/ESL/SSL TEACHER at VANTERPOOL ESL INSTITUTE
- SENIOR MARKETING SPECIALIST at UNITED HEALTHCARE COMMUNITY PLAN OF RHODE ISLAND
3 years at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY