Serves as Insurance Verifier providing clinical information and emphasizing medical justification for procedures to insurance companies for completion of pre-certification process. Confirms referring physician has obtained prior authorization from insurance company for all scheduled healthcare procedures. Acts as a liaison between clinical staff, patients, physician's office, and insurance by informing patients and families of authorization delays/denials, answering questions, and offering assistance. ❖ Maintains tracking of patients on schedule, ensuring eligibility information has been entered into data entry systems ❖ Pre-screens physician scripts received for new patients to ensure completeness and appropriateness of appointments ❖ Monitors insurance authorization issues to identify trends and participates directly in process improvement initiatives ❖ Interviews patients to secure information concerning insurance coverage and eligibility for various financial programs
- Patient Access Specialist at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta - Patient Access Specialist
- Patient Service Coordinator at Emory Clinic Internal Medicine
- Contract Analyst at Pemco Ltd
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Healthcare Administration - MHA
- - medical
- Bachelor of Science - Clinical Psychology
Patient Access Specialist Emergency Room
- Patient Access Specialist - Emergency Department at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- Surgical Scheduler at Buffalo Neurosurgery Group - Dr. James Egnatchik
- Medical Office Manager at Zenith Pain Management - Dr. Conrad Williams
- Practice Manager at Gosy & Associates Pain Treatment - Dr. Eugene Gosy
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Medical Terminology Course
As a Patient Access Specialist i was required to do front desk registration in the E.R , obtain patient information ,verify insurance, correct documents, file paperwork , and obtain medical records.
- Patient Access specialist at Providence Health
- Patient Care Technician at PROVIDENCE HOSPITAL EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
- Server at WAFFLE HOUSE
- Personal Care Assistant at Family Care
9 months at this Job
- Nursing - Nursing
- Real estate agent - REAL ESTATE
Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare, Patient Access Provide quality, complete and timely registration/scheduling of patients Patient Access Specialist Coordinates appointment appropriateness and urgency in collaboration with nurses and providers
- Patient Access Specialist at Arnsdorff
5 months at this Job
- Associates - Medical Coding present
I am apart of the trauma team ordering radiology and labs, Registered patients, verified health Insurance, keep track of the track board, paged Drs for our ED Drs, called other Specialist, I work with cerner to register patients, GE insurance verification. Room incoming EMTs. Allina Health Courage Kenny/Commons July 2017 RCMP Patient Access Specialist for benefits and Scheduling
- Patient Access Specialist at Children's Hospital Ed Minneapolis
- Scheduler at Allina Health/ Urgent Care
- Dispatcher \ Cashier at Shepherd Road Airport Parking
- Phlebotomy Technician at MN Dept. of Corrections
1 month at this Job
I have been a patient access specialist for 2 years for Medstar health Pediatrics at Bel air. I am answering calls,modifying schedules,and offering complete compassionate care to patients daily. I also work with medical insurance,referrals,and prior authorizations. I am trained to give the upmost service to patients.
- Patient Access Specialist at MedStar Health
- Assistant Teacher at White Marsh Child Care
- Assistant Manager at Ann Maries Hallmark
at this Job
This position is responsible for registration, pre authorizations, demographic information, greeting and assisting all visitors, process referrals, scheduling assessments for case management. In addition, the Patient Access Specialist assist with various clerical duties and projects as assigned.
- Patient Access Specialist at BHCC COBB/DOUGLAS COUNTY
- Social Service Technician at BHCC COBB/DOUGLAS COUNTY
- Community Worker at LOS ANGELES COUNTY DMH-FSP
- Family Advocate / Case Manager at LA CHILD GUIDANCE CLINIC
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Certificate - Certified Nursing Assistant
- Bachelor of Arts - Human Services
- Associate of Arts - Liberal Studies
Patient Access Specialist
• Proficient in Epic/Cadence application. Utilize Epic in daily work to register surgical patients.
• Work in the office of Same Day Surgery.
• Schedule appointments, register patients, input/verify insurance and collect co-pays/payments.
• Accurately complete appropriate admission paperwork, documents and data entry.
• Efficiently enter orders into the system without errors.
• Maintain strict partners and physicians confidentiality.
• Consistently meet/exceed expectations on monthly score card.
• Responsible for registering all surgical patients to ensure on time start in OR.
• Financially secure hospital account registration to minimize financial risk to the organization.
- Patient Access Specialist at Northwestern Medicine
18 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Care Administration with a Minor in Organizational Management - Health Care Administration
Billings Clinic Hospital 2800 10th Ave. N. Billings, MT 59102 406.238.2595 Title: Patient Access Specialist Supervisor: Tanya Kirby- Admitting Department October 2014-Present I have had the greatest pleasure in working as a float for the administrative side of the hospital which involved working in every area of Billings Clinic Hospital and, more recently as an Access Specialist in the Emergency Department. While I had other opportunities to work in other areas, I enjoyed the fast-paced, ever-changing atmosphere in the ED and chose to take on an overnight position there while I continued to gain experience on my path to a Bachelor degree in Health Information Management. Working here has given me the opportunity to learn every aspect of our department, cultivate relationships throughout the hospital, heighten my problem-solving skills, and continue to work on my customer service and management skills that I gained via previous experience. Additionally, because I have been consistent in meeting deadlines and goals set for me, I have taken on the task of training new employees for the last two and a half years.
- Patient Access Specialist at Billings Clinic Hospital
- Sales Manager Trainee at Denver Mattress Company
- Loan Servicing Officer at Billings Federal Credit Union
- Floor Lead at Best Buy
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Health Information Management
- N/A - Game Art and Design
- N/A - Forensic Psychology
- High School Diploma
Comply with EMTALA and HIPPA laws and regulations
● Obtain and verify demographic, clinical, financial, and insurance information for patient registration
● Obtain patient signatures on all appropriate forms
● Obtain copies and/or scan patients registration documents
● Obtain and process signed physician orders
● Conduct online insurance eligibility/benefit verification
● Fill out hospital presumptive forms and determine approval or denial
● Accept cash, credit card, and check payments
● Refer patients to financial counseling for consultation
● Answer multi-line phone and transfer calls
● Conduct quality score audits for fellow patient access specialist
● Conduct a daily facility deposit
● Collect all cash and money payments to be deposited
● Print and fax documents
● Assist emergency department staff and physicians in obtaining medical records
● Collect and enter daily admitting statistics data
● Run daily medicare report. Make sure all accounts have correct and active insurance
● Provide excellent customer service
- Patient Access Specialist at Saint Alphonsus
- Server at Delicioso Mexican Restaurant
- Sales Associate at Blue Mountain Flying J
- Front Desk Clerk at Delicioso Mexican Restaurant
2 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree