As a Senior Patient Account Specialist I take on a leading role with my clients. I have been responsible for monitoring, training, auditing, supervising other employees and outsourced associates. I have created, demonstrated, and trained associates with proper workflows. I am comfort with leading meetings and taking phone calls with associates, and representatives. I have experience with communicating with insurances companies in regards to policies, timely filing limits, etc. I have knowledge of ICD 9 and 10, coding, modifiers, PBB (provider based billing), electronic rejections, scrubbers, clearing houses, credentialing, appeals, worker compensation, claims, EOBs, adjustments, etc.
- Senior Patient Account Specialist at Cerner, Inc.
- Patient Account Coordinator at Lincare Holdings, Inc.
- Certified Nurse Assistant at Golden Living Center New Haven
- Store Manager at Career and Techology Center
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - Marketing
- - Marketing
As a Patient Account Specialist I'm the first point of contact for the patient. My work day may vary and is often fast paced. We have multiple providers and I'm assigned two. The day before, I've already called each patient and confirmed their appointment. It's possible that I'm also rescheduling patients. I process incoming mail, answer the telephone, transfer calls, keeping the patient flow is important. I also process copays. There are times when I may need to cover for a colleague at a different location. One of my favorite accomplishments is that I also train new employees and coach them.
- Patient Account Specialist at Rural Health Group
at this Job
- Some college
My responsibilities as a Patient Account Specialist II is Understanding and working Explanation of benefits (EOB's) and Explanation of Payments (EOPs). Asking appropriate questions and listening actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in the computer systems. Reviewing and researching patient healthcare claims by navigating multiple computers systems and platforms and verifying the data/ information necessary for answering all questions regarding claims. Ensuring that the proper benefits are applied to each claim by using the appropriate processes and procedures benefit plan. Meeting the performance goals established in the areas of: efficiency, accuracy, and quality.
- Patient Account Specialist II at Children’s Medical Center – Dallas, Texas
- at Berry Family Services
- HCS-Service Coordinator at Lakes Regional Community Center
- Lead Crisis Counselor/MCOT, QMHP-CS at Lakes Regional Community Center
5 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Counseling
- Bachelors of Science - Psychology
As a Patient Account Specialist I work all aspect of insurance follow up on medical claims to assure payment to provider for patient services for both professional and facility accounts.
- Patient Account Specialist - Insurance Follow Up at Scripps Health
- Office Manager at Delta Chiropractic Clinic
- Store Manager at Limited Corporation -Lane Bryant
- Merchandising Manager at JC Penney Corporation
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- High School Deploma
Workers Compensation Patient Account Specialist for Nevada, Oregon, New Mexico, Texas, Alaska and California Prior Authorizations Account audits Claim Appeals Current on DIR Complience regulations Patient / Insurance Liason
- Workers Compensation Patient Account Specialist at ATI Phyical Therapy
- Front Office Supervisor, Patient Financial Counselor, Marketing Manager at Nevada Fertility C.A.R.E.S. Wellness Center
- Office Manager and Financial Counselor at The Sher Institute of Reproductive Medicine
- Assistant Administrator at Las Vegas Physical & Occupational Therapy
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Certified Medical Insurance Billing
- - State Board Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant
- High school - Diploma
Answering calls in reference to patients medical accounts and verifying insurance information
• Providing our patients with excellent service
• Assistant patients and assuring that the claims are getting processed correctly
• Developing a good relationship with the patient, so that if there are any questions they have the option to call me back directly
• Making sure that all of my patients information is kept confidential
- Patient Account Specialist at Patient First
- Customer Service Representative at Bank of America
- Sales Representative at The Mobile Solutions
10 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Nursing and Psychology
Duties include but not limited to: *Collect, Verify, and review Patient Insurance *maintain Patient Account information *Assist all co-workers in all areas of office to ensure patient satisfaction. *Take inbound calls re: Scheduling, Patient Accounting, General Questions *provide financial counseling for Patients. * Training new employee's * Assist Co-workers and Management with computer software and windows, resolving Issues and teaching them how to work the programs.
- Patient Account Specialist at St. Luke's Family Health Patient Accounts
- Owner/President/CFO at Supreme Clean Janitorial Service
- Medical records clerk at Catholic Health Initiatives
- Customer Service rep, Administrative Assistant, executive assistant to CEO at Mercy Medical Center
2 years at this Job
- High school or equivalent
-Consistently maintain training resources and provide education to staff through electronic and visual materials, quality reviews and Learnable moments -Created and maintained the Revenue Management Training Program and book for 1+ years -Managed time between the classroom and availability on the floor, while maintaining the original duties described in the description of Patient Account Specialist below; with exception to the inbound calls, which dropped to an est. 30 per day in addition to escalated calls -In addition, I was the acting supervisor for 4 months of my Team Lead role managing a team of 13+
- PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST TEAM LEAD at CENTURA HEALTH
- PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST at CENTURA HEALTH
- GATEWAY BOARDING AGENT at JOB STORE STAFFING
- DATA ENTRY at JOB STORE STAFFING
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High school
As a senior account specialist I assist and help other account specialist with their daily work which includes reviewing and resolving problematic patient accounts that the patient account specialist are unable to resolve. I audit their weekly work, I audit our third party companies weekly work as well making sure that they have reviewed and resolved the patient accounts correctly. I work closely with Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance payers for 20 + states making sure these payers are paying the patient claims appropriately. I work any special projects my director and supervisor my need done. I am a liaison for PAS staff and management to resolve elevated patient account issues. I maintain up to date knowledge of new and changing payer policies and contracts. Help identify changes in policies and procedures to improve collection efficiencies. Solicite feedback and strategize on enhancing opportunities to continuously improve business. I also review and submit patient invoices for Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medicare and Medicare account types.
- Senior patient account specialist at Ati
- Claims Management Specialist at Chiro One Wellness Centers
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school - General
• Contact patients using telephone, and utilize hospital systems to update necessary information regarding patient's healthcare account.
• Help the patient make necessary arrangements needed for all billing issues.
• Process disputes and or review billing and see what payment options can be made to help the patient's financial situation.
- PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST at PFS GROUP
- Helpful problem solver at MEDICAL COLLECTIONS, PARALLON
- CUSTOMER SERVICE/ COLLECTIONS at UNITED RECOVERY SYSTEMS
1 year at this Job
- Diploma - Medical
- High School Diploma