responsible for providing a patient service-oriented and professional working environment by providing patient support, guidance and expertise to program participants. The Patient Advocate regularly provides support to the Operations Management team, Operations to effectively maintain program operations and goals.
- Patient Advocate at The Assistance Fund
- Test Center Administrator at Prometric
- Receptionist/Administrative Assistant at The Dirt Lifters LLC
- Quality Assurance Agent at Hilton Grand Vacations
1 month at this Job
- Associate - Nursing
- Diploma - medical administrative assistant
- High school or equivalent - High school
• Act as a patient advocate daily by representing the patient from all angles of the health care industry, including research and administration functions
• Schedule Appointments
• Transfer Medical Records
• COC - Prescription Change Requests
• Verifying authorizations on file
• Saving, uploading, and submitting documents/authorizations
• Coordinate processing of documents with insurance companies
• Execute strong written email and verbal phone communication
• Research and provide patients with the tools to use health care consumerism to their advantage
- Patient Advocate at Alight (formerly Compass Professional Health Services)
- Patient Advocate at Sodexo (Baylor Scott & White - Sunnyvale)
- Wal-mart Cashier at Wal-Mart
- Reservation Specialist at Ocean Canyon Properties
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - Medical Billing and Coding
- - Early Childhood Education
• Communicate with patients by telephone (inbound and outbound) to bring resolution to unpaid accounts. Research Billing issues and misapplied payments.
• Provide thorough, efficient, and accurate account updates on computer files follow up with Patients to ensure that payment arrangements that were made are upheld.
• Research Billing issues and misapplied payments, Verify account information and takes credit card payments over the phone.
• Teladoc /Patient Advocate 04/03/17
• Taking inbound patient calls to schedule phone or skype doctor consultations, adding and updating insurance and employer information. Providing benefit information as well as taking copays, emailing employers and benefits for changes regrading member's benefits.
- Teladoc /Patient Advocate at Schumacher Clinical Partners/ Patient Contact Center
- HMS/Eligibility Operations Advisor/Enrollment Specialist at Optum Rx/ Mail Order Pharmacy
1 year, 9 months at this Job
As a Patient Advocate I'm responsible for interviewing patients, identifying care problems, making referrals to appropriate healthcare services, directing patient inquiries or complaints, facilitating satisfactory resolutions, explaining policies to patients, assisting patients with choosing doctors as well as care facilities that are appropriate and convenient for the patient. As a patient advocate I also act as a financial counselor for the patient, assisting them with applications for financial assistance like Social Security, and Disability. We help the patient navigate their way through a very tedious and detailed process and even help manage their expenses.
- Patient Advocate at Meddata
- Scheduler/Receptionist at Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center
- Customer Service Specialist at Nebraska Furniture Mart
- Cashier/Customer Service at saint luke's hospital
1 year at this Job
- diploma - general studies
Patient Advocate for one of the company's largest clinics within the organization. There is a total of 15 physicians, and 13 Nurse Practitioners.
• Responsible for all aspects of monitoring and obtaining patient financial information for Oncology patients for chemotherapy, surgery, radiation therapy, clinical trials, and other cancer-related therapies. This also includes making sure the patients are provided with all financial information regarding their treatments.
• Counsel each patient on insurance benefits, co-payments, and prior-authorizations when needed. Refer patients as appropriate to outside social service organizations and foundations.
• Record and maintain comprehensive documentation of patient enrollment activities not only in foundation awards, but also in drug co-pay card programs, and research clinical trials.
• Initiate enrollment and ordering of drug(s) for patients with and without insurance coverage. This also includes keeping current on all pharmaceutical and community resources for assistance and programs.
- Patient Advocate at Tennessee Oncology, OneOncology
- Patient Account Representative/Collector at AmSurg/Envision
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital at Surgery Scheduling
- Senior Administrative Assistant/Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Coordinator at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
3 years at this Job
- AAS - Healthcare Management and Compliance
• Cultivating patient relationships- contact patients, with private insurance, by phone 3 weeks after testing has resulted, and discuss the billing and appeals process for Breast Cancer Index, documenting and following up in SalesForce
• Send BCI patients appropriate mailers
• Create a Patient Service Record in SalesForce for all privately insured BCI patients, and contact them at least three times by telephone.
• End each outbound/inbound call with offer to send an email with contact information for future questions or concerns
• Answer inbound calls on Patient Advocate Team agent line
• Ability to answer questions (or know where to find the answer) regarding all aspects of our testing, testing process, billing, etc.
• Data Entry help on various projects in various departments
• Providing excellent customer service through continuous follow-up and follow through
• Communicate with the company management as needed to ensure smooth sales process and customer satisfaction in physician's offices, with our patients and with their families
• Working closely with the rest of the Patient Advocate Team, Client Services, Sales, and billing
• Handle day-to-day requests from Sales Team and other departments
• Discuss billing and process Patient Assistance Applications including but not limited to: insurance benefit verification, prior authorizations, gap exceptions, CPT codes, billing codes, and appeal stats
• Update provider and patient information in SalesForce
• Develop and Update SOP's for Patient Advocacy Department
• Assist in training, hiring, and training documents
- Patient Advocate at Biotheranostics
- Program Specialist at Randstad
- Customer Service Representative at DLG, Legal
- Receptionist at SOS Staffing
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- - Biochemistry/Chemistry
- Associate of Arts - Transfer Studies-Chemistry
• Investigate grievances and complaints by using critical thinking and problem solving resolution skills.
• Identify and Implementation of Performance Improvement Opportunities.
• Directly responsible for the successful increase usage of the Service Recovery Program
• Design and provide training, coaching and mentoring processes while building and maintaining strong working relationships with site leaders, physicians, clinical and non-clinical management team members and employees in all departments
• Utilize research principles to evaluate documentations, charts, policies, and medical records.
• Consult with C-Suite Executives and Medical Staff on policies, procedures, and patient care plans.
• Development of workflows and process for the Patient Advocates.
• Train new staff
• Maintains updated strategic plan for the Patient Advocate Services based on improvement plans and report progress
- Patient Advocate at Georgia Regent Health System
- Environmental Health Specialist at Richmond County Health Department
- Volunteer Advocate at University Hospital Rape Crisis Sexual Assault Services
- Intern at Family YMCA
4 years at this Job
- Master in Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
• Finding eligible programs to assist patients with medical expenses and coverage.
• Properly filling out Medicaid and County applications and submitting them.
• Working with Dept.of Heath and Welfare and Idaho counties as a patient advocate.
• Following through with patients to assure program guidelines are met.
• Electronic charting in Meditech and Workbook programs.
- Patient Advocate at Patient Matters with Kootenai Health
- at BEN BRIDGE JEWELER
- Resident at care conferences, Nutrition Committee Review, QA
- Resident care conferences at DTR, ST. JOSEPH CARE CENTER
7 months at this Job
Provided utmost care and compassion to the patient, while walking he/she through the scheduling process. Screened patients for MRIs, obtained insurance demographics, prior authorization, provided out-of-pocket costs.
• Trained new advocates, coached trainees through a strengths approach while minimizing their weakness'.
• Promoted from Scheduling Specialist, Lead Trainer, Team Lead to Patient Advocate, consistently achieving 150% productivity.
• Provided training to over 10 scheduling specialist and patient advocates to improve productivity and efficiency.
• Proficienct in Microsoft Excel applications and several other computer programs.
- Patient Advocate at Smart Choice MRI
- Patient/Insurance Specialist at Forward Dental
- Patient Scheduling Representative at Children's Hospital of WI
- Front Desk/Scheduler at Kenosha Radiology Center
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Criminal Justice Degree
I currently work for Bolder Healthcare Solutions as a patient advocate contracted by University of Louisville Hospital to reach out to self-pay patients without insurance to help them apply for Medicaid if they qualify. We do a lot of data entry throughout the day while also speaking to the patients rather in-person or on the phone to screen them for Medicaid or the Hospital FAA program. We strive to help the patient as much as we can,
- Patient Advocate at Bolder Healthcare Solutions
- Server/Bartender/Carry at Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar
- Customer Service Representative at STARTEK, Inc
6 months at this Job
- High School Diploma