Patient Care Representative Patient Registration ER and Lab A/P & A/R - Billing Mail Processing
- Patient Care Representative at ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL
- Manager at Trader Joe's, Inc
- Administrative Assistant at Hydro-Compliance Management, Inc
- Server at Zukey Lake Tavern
1 year at this Job
- - General Studies
Given the opportunity as a patient care representative, assisting patients/medical facilities, and staff to relay messages to other staff, and facilities to ease the process of message transportation. Receiving incoming calls, to forward them to outbound contacts for appropriate action to be taken.
- Patient Care Representative at Call 4 Health
- Customer Service Associate at Auto zone
- 2nd Shift Supervisor at Bales Security
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - Automotive technology
- AA - General Education
I am proud to be a part of the team opening Brooklyn's first medical cannabis dispensary with Citiva. As lead Patient Care Representative it is my responsibility to engage and educate patients and inquiring passerby while being mindful of state regulations. I work closely with the PCR team to ensure a neat sales floor as well as a consistent patient experience - from consultation to follow up calls. I maintain daily task checklists and assist the pharmacist with inventory management.
- Lead Patient Care Representative at Citiva
- Coordinator, Green Goddess Collective at
- Patient Consultant at Southern California Collective
- Temporary Supervisor at Greenly Online Collective
3 months at this Job
- BFA - Film/Video
I work as member of the call center as a patient care representative. I direct calls that come to our phone queue in a diligent and effective manner. I schedule new/ established patients via ECW while looking through patients charts and scheduling per their clinic. I send off emails per patients requests to a variety of a different departments that can better assist the patient wether it be our nurse care team or our prescription team. As a patient care representative I have to be ready to answer every patient call with a caring voice and assist the patient in which ever way they need.
- Patient Care Representative at Ideal Option
- Sales Associate at Maurices
1 year at this Job
- - Biology
I am currently a Patient Care Representative with CityMD Urgent Care. I have great patient etiqutte and am looking to expand my education in the medical field. I am a full time employee with CityMD and I work Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I am a very fast learner and a hard worker. My priority is getting the patient in and seen by our providers and quick as possible. Although I am still learning, I learned how to take vitals and creat a patient chart. I am always opened to learning more.
- Patient Care Representative at CityMD
- Manager at McDonald's
- Volunteer Work at Good Samaritan Hospital
2 months at this Job
- - Bioscience
2008 Health Campus Drive, Harrisonburg, VA 22801 August 2018-Present
Scheduler/Patient Care Representative
• Maintains an efficient flow of patients while scheduling their return appointments and chemotherapy treatments.
• Maintains a well-organized working environment to ensure accuracy.
• Works diligently to ensure schedules aren't overcrowded and to maintain a good work flow for the providers and nurses.
• Able to complete all work tasks during the work day while working in a fast paced environment.
• Schedule referrals from outside offices.
- Scheduler/Patient Care Representative at Sentara Hahn Cancer Center
- GI Procedure Scheduler at Sentara Evelyn Byrd Health Center
- Ophthalmologist at Dr. Robert S. McCormick
- Head Teller at Wells Fargo Bank
7 months at this Job
Phone Number (920) 729-7105 32+ hours per week
2501 E. Enterprise Avenue, Suite 200, Appleton, WI 54913 $16.50 per hour
E3277 Apple Tree Ln, Waupaca, WI 54981 Supervisor: Sarah Miller
100 County Road B, Shawano, WI 54166 Patient Care Representative/Scheduler Summery
As a Patient Care Representative/Scheduler at Women's Care of Wisconsin I provide services at the front office for a fast paced, 13 obstetricians/gynecologists, 3 certified nurse midwives and a nurse practitioner, OBGYN office while preforming a full range of duties. I am responsible for scheduling appointments, including interpreting and verifying provider orders in accordance WCOW scheduling guidelines. My assignments include, but are not limited to: scheduling, canceling, re-scheduling patient's appointments and/or consults; entering no-show information; monitoring the electronic wait list; preparing for clinic visits; monitoring inpatient appointments for areas of responsibility; ensuring encounter forms are completed in order to obtain appropriate workload credit; verifying and updating demographics and insurance information, collecting co-pays/payments and preauthorization requirements for specific coverage.
• Developed and Maintains an Excel spreadsheet that I created to keep track of Non-Stress Test Strips (NST), which are transferred between our offices, which has decreased NSTs getting misplaced by 100%.
• Created a swift and effective way to reduce check-in time for our regular visiting patients by 2 minutes on average.
• Trusted and selected to work unaccompanied at 3 out of 5 of our clinic locations weekly due to my leadership skills.
• Continuously picked by our management team to work on cross-functional teams as well as having regular involvement in the interview and training process of new hires.
• Introduced a form that is available at the front desk for our patient's to complete that helps our staff identify a patient's family members that we are able to share patient's limited verbal PHI (i.e. appointment times, if patient is in clinic being seen). DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILIITIES:
• I frequently collaborate, communicate, set priorities, and organize my work in order to meet deadlines, ensuring compliance with established processes, policies, and regulation skills. I collaborate with colleagues outside the area of my expertise and feel confident doing so. I possess skills that allow me to meet, communicate and interact with individuals from varying backgrounds and grade levels effectively and professionally in a courteous and helpful manner in order to complete job assignments/goals. I believe my successful collaboration skills are attributed to my cooperative spirit, mutual respect and clear communication. I am able to function effectively as part of a team and/or alone in order to meet deadlines making sure to give recognition of the contribution of all collaborators; I feel it is very important to give credit where credit is due. I place group goals above personal satisfaction and/or recognition. I make sure that the preferred results are at the forefront, ensuring compliance with established processes, policies, and regulations.
• My position at WCOW requires me to interact with others in a variety of ways I have the ability to effectively communicate tactfully and clearly with colleagues, managers and patients in various formats (i.e. in person, online, in writing, and on the phone). I have a caring, compassionate and sensitive attitude both in-person and over the phone. I am able to identify patient's concerns, perform the tasks required to resolve the issue accurately and timely, and follow-up as necessary to ensure a satisfactory resolution. I feel it is very important to generate a trusting relationship with my colleagues and our patients, therefore, I always make sure to pair my traditional communication skills, vocal tone, eye contact patterns, and body language with simple friendliness and politeness.
• Advanced knowledge of the technical healthcare process as it relates to access to care. - I graduated from Fox Valley Technical College in 2012 with a Technical Diploma in Medical Office Assistant (Cumulative GPA 3.80/Dean's List) and have over 6 years of on-the-job experience in healthcare administration. I am experienced in computerized programs and databases in order to enter, modify and retrieve sensitive information/data into or from electronic medical records, scheduling systems and/or reports I am also able to handle software, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and general troubleshooting for basic office equipment such as printers and copiers. Other knowledge of the technical health care process that I obtain and use daily include both collaborative and creative thinking, multitasking, and the ability to prioritize. In my current position my excellent time management skills are critical, especially when multitasking. Problem-solving and critical thinking are an important of my job and I have adapted well to working in a stressful, fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and situations that change often. In addition to my skills and experience, I have personal qualities that are important to the technical healthcare process. Some of my personal strengths are adaptability, patient satisfaction, assertiveness, providing physician and other healthcare staff with confidential patient data using medical terminology, attention and attentive to detail, collaboration, well organized, critical thinking, encouraging teamwork, influencing others, interpersonal, sense of humor, leadership, motivating others, multitasking, organizational, prioritizing, problem solving, tactful, time management with great verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced skill of managing a clinic which includes independently utilizing reference sources, decision making, and empowering the team to collaborate and resolve problems within a complex systems environment. - My position requires me to be very flexible since my responsibilities vary from day to day. Most days I act as a scheduler/patient care representative, spending a lot of my time in front of a keyboard and helping to maintain schedules for 13 obstetricians/gynecologists, 3 certified nurse midwives and a nurse practitioner all while performing clinic procedures with clinic procedures. I am responsible for scheduling a variety of appointments ensuring they coincide with each other, as well as shifting patients into other providers' schedules if a conflict with staffing occurs and/or providers are called out for deliveries or surgeries. I am often the person others come to with questions or issues; this is when my excellent problem solving critical thinking skills are applied. I help keep others organized, from maintaining calendars to keeping the office orderly. I am well trained on a variety of office equipment, including computers, fax machines, scanners, and multi-line telephone systems.
• Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures associated with operational activities that affect the patient flow, patient care, and the revenue process. -When I perform clerical duties in our facility I know how crucial it is that I am prepared for any and all upcoming interactions. Problems during the intake process, scheduling, insurance verification and authorization can all lead to a patient's dissatisfaction. Moreover, billing delays, excessive billing denials and constant rework can all result in lost revenue. I am well aware that a patient's satisfaction depends on a patient's observation of our facility and starts with the first interaction. I am efficient in collecting and entering accurate information necessary to generate an insurance claim to ensure timely billing and collection. I am proficient in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and understand that any violations can cost our practice. Additionally, I understand HIPAA rules were designed to protect a patient's confidentiality and privacy. I ensure that any protected health information (PHI) I collect is stored appropriately as required by the HIPAA laws. I make sure to always respect and protect sensitive data. I effectively balance many other responsibilities that help our clinic's revenue such as listening, screening, forwarding and/or responding to all voicemails left on WCOW's answering service by individuals (i.e. patients, outside providers, nurses, and WCOW employees) outside of clinic hours, repairing and troubleshooting printer/fax machine, along with light tech support. I have assembled basic medical equipment such as an EKG machine.
• Advanced knowledge of medical terminology due to the technical nature of language utilized by clinicians. - As a Patient Care Representative/Scheduler I am required to schedule variety of appointment types for many patients on a daily-basis. It is an essential part of my job to appropriately document the purpose of the appointment in order for the medial assistant, nurse and provider to properly interpret the reason for the visit. I use medical terminology to help ease our clinical proceedings which allows me and other staff members to perform more efficiently for the patient's benefit. My role at WCOW requires me to create orders or patients needing Physical Therapy appointments. When creating an order, I am sure to properly document a patient's diagnoses using medical terminology so our therapist can accurately provide the right treatments.
• Ability to process incoming/outgoing mail and deliveries. - 1. Sort the mail into categories and handle it appropriately. 2. Designate a specific place to receive incoming mail making sure the patient's PHI will be protected. 3. Make sure mail is never open and laid out at my station where patients coming in for appointments can see it. 4. Sort mail for each provider or support staff member. 5. Dispose of miscellaneous advertisements and junk mail as directed. 6. Note and enter any returned mail or change of address into Epic. 7. Promptly process payments received into proper account. 8. Immediately scan all received records test results, etc. into the patient's chart. 9. Determine the right person to receive the correspondences, distribute the mail to the appropriate staff members, making sure that the appropriate person gets each piece of mail. 10. Sign for packages and mail that get delivered to the front desk and disperse them to the correct employees.
• Ability to work as a team or independently to accomplish a wide variety of duties, including setting priorities and coordinating work. Collaborate, communicate, set priorities, and organize my work with attention to detail in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to set up, organize and use various types of office automation equipment, software programs (i.e. Epic, Passport and Microsoft Office) and databases in order to retrieve, enter, maintain and modify sensitive information/data into or from electronic medical records, scheduling systems and/or reports.
• Manage our patients' registration process by verifying/entering up-to-date demographic and medical insurance information correctly into EPIC, ensuring and maintaining patient confidentiality (HIPAA).
• Assist with check-ins and schedule follow-up appointments in the clinic. On an average day 90 patients will check-in for a variety of appointment types, such as routine physicals, acute gynecological/obstetric, ultrasounds, lab draws, urine samples, pre-ops, post-ops, incision checks, prenatal, perinatal, post postpartum and fertility in an efficient and timely manner.
• Maintain a professional representation as the first point of contact for an extremely busy, fast-pace environment with a high number of patients, implementing initiatives to ensure the smooth functioning of a busy reception area.
• Keep inventory areas clean at 3 clinics in accordance with infection control guidelines, Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Patient Care Representative at Women's Care of Wisconsin (WCOW)
- Patient Service Representative/Scheduler at Partnership Community Dental Center
- Internship/Volunteer at Partnership Community Health Center
5 years at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Office Assistant
I worked at Concentrix as a patient care representative whom handle commercial and Medicare calls.
- Patient Care Representative at Concentrix
- McDonalds Crew Member at McDonald's
- Food Lion Cashier at Food Lion
1 year at this Job
- High school or equivalent - N/A
Patient Care Representative -Responsible for census development -Act as a liason between the facility, referral sources, and families during the pre-admission and admission process -Manage and collaborate efforts with all internal team members to achieve a cohesive interdisciplinary care team, to ensure quality care and good communication for patients, families, and community customers -Demonstrate ability to problem-solve and make decisions by: assessing situations and considering alternatives, seeking guidance and direction as necessary, and utilizing proper chain of command.
- Patient Care Representative at St Joseph Hospice of Acadiana
- Social Work Discharge Coordinator at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
- Master of Social Work Internship at Baton Rouge General Family Health Center
- Assistant Store Manager at Dollar Tree
8 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - LSU
- Bachelor of Arts - SLU
Mainly responsible patient intake and care.
● Organizing and coordinating patient in-take and other appointments
● Scanning, updating and filing medical records
● Prior authorization
● Processing medical insurance information, verifying patient eligibility and addressing any patient questions about insurance (liaise with Billing department as appropriate)
● Handling cash and co-payments accurately and responsibly
- Patient Care Representative at CityMD Urgent Care
- Compliance Manager/ HR at Sophie's Healthcare Services
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Public Health
- High School Diploma