As a patient navigator I have relationships with the doctors and patients , I assist in solving any barriers for care and follow up. I support patients and help them navigate the health care system for their care
- Patient Navigator at Montefiore Medical Center
- Secretary II at Montefiore Medical Center
- Receptionist at Montefiore Medical Center
- Patient Service Rep at Montefiore Medical Center Vascular
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- working on Bachelors - Behavioral Science
I am currently an intern at the Pediatrics Clinic at Northwell Health. I am a patient navigator so I help collect data for the hospital's research study on the connection between social disparities and physical health. I do a lot of patient interaction and I collect and input data into the preferred database. The job requires good communication skills, proficiency in programs like excel, and being able to navigate databases.
- Patient Navigator at Northwell Health
- Personal Assistant at NYU Professor of Arts
- High School Tutor at
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Biology
Miami Beach, Florida November 27, 2018 - Present
Oncology Patient Navigator
• Oversee a caseload of patients and ensure the patient adheres to the established plan of care
• Assist patients with environmental difficulties that interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
• Served as liaison between medical and nursing staff, patients, relatives and outside medical offices.
• Facilitate and provide necessary patient and family education related to their care, treatments and side effects
• Participate in the department's performance improvement activities (i.e. implemented chemo education classes, survivorship care plan, creation of documentation form, created the EPIC navigation platform for the department, improved the tracking system by simplifying process to collect only relevant reportable data, created shared drive where all documentation can be saved to secure patient confidentiality, added and changed process of navigation to improve accuracy.
• Participate in the development of other staff members (i.e. assigned trainer to new employees with position similar to navigation)
• Sit with medical oncologist in all new patient consultations in order to assure orders are scheduled and completed and met all patient's needs
• Responsible for filling out all genetic testing requests, submitting it to their respective labs and following up to obtain results
• Volunteered to be the only staff in the practice to be trained and teach patients to use DIGNICAP or COLDCAP machine during chemotherapy treatments
• Keep my education updated by going to weekly Breast Conferences, Tumor Boards, Symposiums, and any other lectures related to Breast Cancer.
- Patient Navigator at Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Survivorship Program Specialist at Baptist Health- Miami Cancer Institute
- Medical Specialty Program Coordinator / Navigator for Bariatric Surgery at Baptist Health- South Miami Hospital
- Patient Financial Representative at Baptist Health- South Miami Hospital
at this Job
- Bachelor in Science - Science of Health Services Administration
- Associate in Arts - Arts of Health Administration
As a child and youth program assistant, I maintain control of and accounting for the whereabouts and safety of school aged children. On a daily basis, I interact with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques while promoting and modeling safety, fitness, health, and nutrition practices. I help prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedule. I assist with establishing a program environment that promotes positive child and youth interactions with other children, youth and adults. On a monthly basis, I participate in different trainings in order to enhance my knowledge and techniques when working with children of all ages.
- Child and Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) at Child Youth Services (CYS) at the Child Development Center (CDC)
- Patient Navigator at St. Thomas family health center
- Patient Navigator/Health Educator at Bronx Lebanon Hospital
- Outreach Coordinator at Outreach/Health Navigator ACACIA NETWORK
2 months at this Job
- Associates - Liberal Arts
- Regents Diploma - Spanish
Created charts for new patients for various types of exams and assisted existing patients with their charts. Scheduled patients via phone with scheduling coordinators at imaging centers who participated in the Radiology Assist program nationwide. Gained medical knowledge in the radiology field to assure that patients were getting the correct studies performed based on the diagnosis that the physician ordered for each exam, and to prevent billing errors from occurring. Communicated with physician's offices when the study requested did not match the diagnosis. Assisted patients throughout the payment process. Reached out to outpatient imaging centers nationwide that did not participate in our program and initiated contact with a marketing director to inform them about our program.
- Patient Navigator at Patient Navigator
- Recruiter/Admin. Assistant at S.A.S Incorporated
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school
Chronic Disease Prevention- Patient Navigator, October 2015 to PRESENT * Implementation The Chronic Disease Management Model for patients diagnosed with hypertension, diabetes, depression and other chronic diseases. * Coordinator Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, Screening for malignant neoplasm of colon (FIT TEST) and Smoking Cessation (for the Quit Line in Florida)
- Patient Navigator- Community Health Worker at Health Care District Palm Beach County
- Substance Abuse Counselor at Central Florida Treatment Center
- Program Manager Healthy Choices, Healthy Living at Minority Development and Empowerment, Inc
- Coordinator, Chronic Disease Prevention at Broward County Health Department
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics-MS Public Health - Nutrition and Dietetics-MS Public Health
- Master of Science - Training and Development
- Chronic Disease Management
Effectively build working relationships, solve problems, direct patients to resources and manage information. Improve coordination of patient care and reduce barriers while working with different groups of people, patients, healthcare teams and resource providers. Remaining organized and using a systematic approach to information management while dealing with a large amount of information for a caseload of over 40 patients in the Health Home Dept.
● Track patient profiles, appointments and all of their interactions regarding their medical care
● Stay informed of changes in the healthcare organization
● Reduce barriers that kept patients from getting timely treatment by identifying patient needs and directing them to sources of emotional, financial, administrative, or cultural support
● Building awareness among the healthcare team and let them know about your patient navigator services
● Maintain communication with patients and the healthcare team
● Contact patients who are "at risk" for missing appointments
● Ensure that medical records are available at scheduled appointments
● Coach patients to become advocates for their own care
● Empower patients to self-navigate the healthcare system
● Model behaviors for patients such as checking on appointments or arranging assistance
● Made initial and follow up house calls to the patients' homes
● Performing psychosocial evaluations, and completing all paperwork and or forms for patients
● Assessing and screening patients as well as providing them with education about medical processes and procedures.
- Patient Navigator/Care Coordinator at EssenMed/Salus MSO Health Home
- Substance Abuse/Behavioral Disorder Counselor at Narco Freedom
- Jr. Counselors/Outreach Specialist at Odyssey House
2 years at this Job
· Serves as a central contact for physicians and medical staff to help patients navigate the many systems encountered during the treatment and/or recovery journey. The navigator will be responsible for providing expedited access for these patients. · Reviews medical information and coordinates with the medical team to understand each patient’s program and upcoming appointments. Develops an appointment calendar for each patient with the assistance of the medical team. · Meets with patient and family/caretakers to review appointment calendar and services. · Identifies resources for financial assistance, medication needs, home health care, insurance questions, transportation, and other concerns. Assures that patients that lack social/financial./family resources receive time-efficient assistance to access services so that treatment is not delayed. · Works with clinical staff to assure the patient and family understand all preparations required for procedures. · Offers patient educational materials in language appropriate for the patient. · Identifies activities that can help ensure a better quality of life for the patient and caretakers. · Works with medical records and the referring clinician to obtain all appropriate patient information. · Facilitates the flow of information among patient, clinicians and other services. · Facilitates the scheduling of additional testing/procedures, such as radiology appointments, anesthesia, etc. Coordinates clinical patient services such as interpreter services, etc. · Assists team in making referrals and supporting family with follow through. · Ensures that the various clinics have educational material is that are up-to-date. Fills bins as needed.
- Patient Navigator at Boston Medical Center
- "Subject Tutor" (French) at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Geriatric Social Worker at Boston Senior Home Care
- "Sales Advisor" at Hennes and Mauritz
3 months at this Job
- B.S - Leadership and Organizational Change
- A.A. - Business
I am the nurse patient navigator, part of our care management team, at a local hospital. I educate our ACO/MSO high risk patients on our preferred provider list and attempt to keep our patients within our preferred list and/or most importantly, out of the hospital. I work hand in hand with the care managers in the hospital as well as with our physicians to ensure the continuum of care for our patients.
- Patient Navigator at AEIGIS
- LPN at Maxim Healthcare Services
- Licensed Practical Nurse at Sharon Regional Health System
- Licensed Practical Nurse at Windsor House
9 months at this Job
- Practical Nursing Diploma - Nursing
- - Special Education
Bridge the gap between clinician and patient, by providing individual support and assistance in navigating the health care system. Working with staff to provide non-clinical support regarding scheduling, precert, followups and coordination of necessary care.
- Patient Navigator at Cooper University Hospital/MD Anderson
- PSR/PASS at Cooper University Hospital/MD Anderson
- Manager at Sam's Club
- Front-End Manager at BJ's Wholesale Club
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Certification - Medical Administration, Billing/Coding and EHR.
- High School Diploma