As a patient representative I am in charge of scheduling appointments, verifying insurance, collecting copayment, billing insurance. Balancing daily and having exceptional customer service
- Patient Representative at United Medical Clinic
- Medical / dental billing at La Clinica De Familia
- Clerk/Cash controller at KENTUCKY UTILITIES
3 months at this Job
- certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Phlebotomist - Phlebotomist
- Billing and coding special - Medical
- Associate - Business and management
My current position as a patient representative is to gather information needed from the patient before he/she is able to see the doctor. Such as insurance, personal information, and co pays if applicable.
- Patient Representative at LakeRidge Medical Center
- Cashier/ Sales Associate at Finishline
- Sterile Tech 1 at UMC Health Systems
at this Job
Patient Representative Duties require greeting patients, handling calls from patients inquiring on billing discrepancies, complaints, verifying insurance and making payments, which I must resolve in a timely manner. Billing/Processing Specialist Responsible for billing of durable medical equipment. Obtain authorizations, verify insurance coverage, identify and correct billing information. Follow up on explanation of benefits in a timely manner for reimbursement. Collections and customer service.
- Patient Representative at Upstate Homecare
- Financial Advisor/Teamleader at Faxton / St Lukes Healthcare
- Customer Service Representative at United Healthcare Insurance
- Collection Clerk at Rome Memorial Hospital Business Office
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- Administrative Medical Office Assitantant - Medical Business Office
Medical and dental FQHC clinic, patient representative. Run the dental department and schedule for three other medical providers. Verify insurancd, answer phones, collect co-pay, and close down clinic at end of day.
- Patient Representative at Clinicas De Salud Del Pueblo
- Patient Care Coordinator- orthodontics at Smile Brands Inc. Bright Now Dental
- Business Associate at MyDentist
- Dental Assistant at Emerald Dental
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associate - Health Administration
Patient representative at orthopedic practice with multiple subspecialties. Check patients in before appointments, including verifying insurances and collecting copayments and balances. Schedule appointments for new and established patients. General office duties: answering telephones, filing, bookkeeping, scanning, and office machine operation. Proficiency with electronic health records software, including AllScripts, SRS, AccelaCAPTURE, Vision, and Opal-RAD. Assist patients with completing all necessary forms. Maintain cleanliness of reception and waiting room area.
- Patient Representative at Illinois Bone & Joint Institute
- Patient Representative/ PediaTrust at Pediatric Partners
- Receptionist & Medical Assistant at North Shore Foot and Ankle
- Receptionist and Medical Assistant at Lake County Neurological Assoc. Ltd
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associate in Medical Science - medical
PA As a patient representative (appointment scheduler) at Cape Fear Orthopedics I am responsible for patient data entry and insurance verifications. I am also responsible for scheduling appointments via phone as well as incoming referrals. I also prepare forms needed for pre-operation appointments.
- PATIENT REPRESENTATIVE at CAPE FEAR ORTHOPEDIC CLINIC
- FOOD SERVICE WORKER at CAROLINA EAST MEDICAL CENTER
- PATIENT REPRESENTATIVE at CAPE FEAR ORTHOPEDIC CLINIC
- ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER at MANN + HUMMEL PUROLATOR
1 year at this Job
- ASSOCIATE DEGREE OF NURSING - RN
- - EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
• Liaison between patients, patients' relatives, and the organization
• Communicated patients' questions, complaints, problems and concerns to appropriate staff members
• Explained policies and procedures to patients and referred them to the proper services
• Admitted patients
• Escorted patients, family or visitors
• Obtained demographic and financial information required to complete the registration
• Explained financial requirements to the patient or patient representative
• Collected the outstanding patient portion prior to the point of service
• Pulled reports to identify patients with Medicare that had a greater than four inpatient days
• Obtained signatures from patients with a greater than four inpatient days in accordance with the compliance rule for Medicare appeal rights
- Patient Representative at Penrose Hospital
- Business Analyst at Denver Health Authority
- Referral Coordinator at
- Provider Relations Representative at
4 years at this Job
- - Medical Office Management
- High school diploma
1025 Medical Center Drive Wilmington, NC 28401 Contact: Mrs. Tracee Eason (910) 616-7572 As a Patient Representative at Delaney, I am the liaison between the patient and all other areas of our facility. I receive patients and update their information, as well as verify their insurance before pushing them through for their exam. Our facility examines around 200 patients per day, so I must work quickly and efficiently to ensure that each patient receives proper care and that their insurance is billed correctly. I am responsible for understanding the various rules and regulations that pertain to different insurances, and ensuring that authorizations are in place if necessary. I am also the primary representative at Delaney's smaller satellite office. My duties there include opening and closing the office, receiving payments, scheduling exams, placing reminder calls, handling incoming calls, communicating with referring Physician's offices, checking patients in and verifying insurances. I often must utilize my critical thinking skills to solve problems as I am alone at this office for my entire shift. I am very familiar with HIPAA privacy rules and understand the importance of patient confidentiality. My background in Radiography has also provided me with a great understanding of all medical terminology which I utilize daily.
- Patient Representative at Delaney Radiologists
- Receptionist at Ward and Smith, PA
- Legal Assistant/Librarian at Ward and Smith, PA
- Word Processor at Ward and Smith, PA
10 months at this Job
- - Radiography
- - Psychology
- Associate in Arts
•Act as a liaison between patients, caregiver, and healthcare organizations. Answers incoming calls, transfer calls to the appropriate personnel, and communicate with patients, POA, vendors/outside facilities concerns, in an accurate manner. Check voice mails in am/pm. Return messages with 1 business day.
•Maintain follow up report, placing a reminder call to our Parkinson's patients of his/her follow up visit, related to Physical Therapy, DBS, pump refills, Botox injections and scale and MoCA testing.
•Primary Patient Representative for check-out, including closing procedures for the front office operations. Collects and process co-pays, outstanding balances from patients and POA.
•Act as the back-up to check-in Patient Representative, greet patients, collect and scan insurance cards, discuss patients' paperwork, collect copays and outstanding balances. Notify Medical Assistant of patients' arrival.
•Manage vitamin sales and inventory which includes: selling vitamins to patients, weekly vitamin inventory, tallying reconciliation log, and provide data to Office Supervisor.
•Assist with new patient consultants, mail new patient's paperwork, and obtain medical records from outside physicians and facilities. Enter demographics in ATHENA, document accounts and contacted patient for initial visit.
•Operate all office machinery, such as-+ fax, copier, Pitney's postage imachine and credit card machine.
- Patient Representative at Neurology Solutions Consultants
- Scheduling/Referral Supervisor at Digestive Health Center
- Human Resources Clerk at Scarlet Pearl Casino and Resort
- Administrative Tech at Keesler Air Force Base
2 years at this Job
As a patient Representative, I’m responsible to give excellent customer service, schedule appointments, sale the programs we offer, insurance verification, answer and deliver phone calls accordingly, communicate between providers and patients, handle and deliver faxes, mail and referrals, handle payments, balance out the day in the computer.
- Patient Representative at Total Men’s Primary Care
- Patient Representative at CareNow HCA
- Sales Associate at Dillards
- Order Taker / Cashier at McDonalds
8 months at this Job
- Associate - Applied Science