After graduating from high school in Singapore, I worked for 3 months in National University Hospital's Eye Clinic as a Patient Service Associate. The focus of my job is to provide frontline service and general administrative duties of the clinic. I register patients and book appointments, I did not perform cashiering duties but I was assigned as a "floater" who had to collect a particular set of money that needs to be exchanged in smaller bills, I also had to take note of a particular procedure for patients who need more attention therefore I had to decide whether the patient needs Visual Acuity test or some other test before seeing the Opthalmologist.
- Patient Service Associate at National University Hospital
2 months at this Job
- - Medical Technology
- High school
The Patient Services Associate (PSA) assists the practice/department in maintaining a strong patient/customer focus, supports the delivery of highest quality care, shares a passion for patient and customer-centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial and operational targets. I am responsible for the arrival and/or departure activities of patients in the practice, managing and handling patient calls and inquiries, coordinating patient appointments, updating patient insurance/billing information, and performing point of service activities.
- Patient service associate at Penn Medicine Health System
- Occupational Health Service rep at Vertical Screen, Inc.
- Client Service Representative at Medical guardian
- Specialist at Apple
7 months at this Job
- Associates - Clinical Psychology
- Diploma - Intellectual development
- Bachelor's - Clinical psychology
Prepare clinic opening and complete patient check-in process by updating demographic and insurance information.
● Identify studies requiring pre-registration appropriately
● Reconcile encounter forms
● Collect co-pays and balances
● Schedule return appointments/labs/studies appropriately-correct MD, service and visit type, labs and studies ordered correctly and in correct sequence.
● Demonstrates expected customer service behaviors.
- Patient Service Associate at Hematology/Oncology
- Front Desk Attendant/Van Driver/Cash Management at Extended Stay Deluxe Hotel
- Valet Parking at Healthcare Parking
- Teaching Assistant at C.C. Spaulding Elementary
8 years, 7 months at this Job
The Patient Service Associate will work closely with patients and medical professionals while utilizing great customer service skills; multi-task while professionally answering our busy phone system, greet, and schedule patients. They will consistently demonstrate proficient data entry skills, utilize knowledge of insurance billing and self pay collections, maintain confidentiality in a professional Manner, demonstrate efforts to maintain and improve job specific competencies, and perform other duties as assigned. Inbound and Outbound Calls Assist Patients Schedule, Check In and Check Out Patients Open and Closing of the clinic Insurance Verification Payments Inventory Scanning, Printing, Faxing Office Work Complete knowledge of eCw Complete knowledge of Centricity
- Patient Service Associate at Community Health Center, Inc.
- Administrative Assistant/Receptionist at Connecticut Counseling Centers, Inc
- Secretary at Lostocco Refuse Services
- Sales Associate at Metro PCS(Authorized Retailer)
5 months at this Job
- A.A. - Business
• Greet, direct and assist large numbers of visitors and refers visitors to various areas.
• Answer telephones using correct telephone etiquette at all times, recording legible and complete messages, handling questions, transferring incoming calls appropriately, contacting physicians, insurance companies, hospitals, diagnostic facilities, billing departments as necessary.
• Register, review, maintain and verify patient demographic and insurance information, call for insurance authorization, patient address, telephone numbers, etc.
• Responsible for scheduling new and follow up appointments including patient testing.
• Identify and collect co-pays, deductibles and other payments, reconciles daily and direct billing appropriately.
• Displays exceptional customer service skills in responding to all inquiries from patients, insurance carriers, outside agencies, internal departments and coworkers.
• Daily review of charts on patients who have appointments for the following day to verify that all appropriate referral and authorization information has been received.
• Performs other duties as assigned and provides assistance to other team members when needed.
- Patient Service Associate at Penn Medicine
- Sales Associate at Nordstrom Rack
- Department Manager at Nordstrom Rack
- Assistant Department Manager at Nordstrom Rack
4 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Science degree - Marketing
• Answer multiple phone lines for 7 different clinics
• schedule and register patient
• customer service
• data entry
- Patient Service Associate at Dignity Health
- Scanning Clerk at CHC
- PSE/Clerk at United States Postal Service
- Medical Records Clerk at Call Clinic
3 months at this Job
• Greet patients in a friendly manner while providing assistance
• Maintain, update and confirm information of scheduling
• Verify that appropriate forms are complete and obtain signatures
• Answering multiple phone lines providing appropriate information or forward the call to the appropriate staff member
• Scan and file electronic medical records
• Identify/verify correct insurance coverage set-up according to patient's insurance card and verify appropriate forms are completed and obtain signature
• Develop and maintain knowledge of general insurances guidelines regarding eligibility for coverage and reimbursement (i.e. copay, deductible, coinsurance, etc.)
• Initiate benefit verification for services as appropriate per patient's plan requirements by utilizing electronic real-time tools to confirm coverage and contact insurance companies when assistance is needed to clarify benefits and insurance requirements
• Initiate review of charges and claims with either internal departments or insurance carriers to resolve patient account questions or discrepancies
• Request payments from patient for their out-of-pocket responsibility at or before the Point of Service
• Accept and process patient payments for visits and account balances, ensuring cash is accurate and secure at all times.
• Familiar with access to medical translation services
• Proficient with multiple computer systems
• Assist with training, orientation, and mentoring of new staff.
- Patient Service Associate at Mednax - Greater Nashville MFM
- Customer Service & Admissions Coordinator at HCA/Parallon
1 year, 8 months at this Job
Greeted and interviewed patients, family or other related individuals in a friendly and courteous manner to obtain pertinent information for the purpose of producing a medical record and creating an appointment.
● Responsible for informing other Patient Service Associates within assigned modules of changes in policy and procedures that effect patient flow or delivery of patient care.
● Observed patients who are at risk for falls and other harm to themselves.
● Reported all unusual activity from the patient to the nurse; alerted staff of medical emergencies; Infection Control
- Patient Service Associate at Hahnemann Hospital
- Grill Cook at Saint Joseph University
- Security Officer at
- Home Health Aide at JEVS Support Independent Living
6 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Prepare for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and Explain billing to patients.
• Answer telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses and Check-out ancillary service requisitions.
• Schedule tests and procedures.
• Complete and distribute according to PRMO credit and collection policies.
• Make return appointments by scheduling patients into the encounter forms.
• Completing next day preparation activities.
• Enter pre-visit orders and prepare new patient charts.
• Pick up X-rays, office charts, medical records, reports, petty cash and collections bag.
• File history sheets, ancillary reports and all other required patient record documentation.
• Return medical records.
• Attach HIPPA/Medicare documents to the Check-in patient upon arrival in the practice.
• Identify correct patient information in Maestro Care.
• Verify patient demographic data.
• Edit Maestro Care as needed.
• Accurately identify the appropriate account for patient visit.
• Present and educate patients on required forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure.
• Completes all Maestro Care check-in files and manage all appropriate alerts.
• Collect and post co-payments and balances on accounts due.
• Imprint all patient specific chart documents and requisition/transmittal documents.
• Copy, file and distribute insurance cards as indicated by procedure.
• Coordinate all labs/procedures as requested.
• Maintain private physician office charts.
• Prepare encounter forms.
• Investigate and account for missing encounter forms.
• Audit encounter forms for completeness and accuracy before batching.
• Report obtained medical information from patients and referring physicians accurately, completely and timely.
• Disseminate messages according to practice communication standards.
- Patient Service Associate at DUKE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
- Administrative Assistant at BRAGGTOWN BAPTIST CHURCH
- Administrative Assistant at GREATER POWER AND PRAISE MINISTRIES
- Mail Room Assistant & Receptionist at Accentuate Staffing/Rates Bureau
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
760)339- 7100 Patient registration, Scheduling, insurance verification, post payments.
- Patient Service Associate at El Centro Regional Medical Center
- Billing Specialist at El Centro Regional Medical Center
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- A.A. - Psychology