The primary purpose of the Patient Services Coordinator position is to provide and coordinate all tasks associated with patient services. The Patient Services Coordinator impacts patient care services throughout MDACC.
• Patient Interaction: Greets orients and answers questions.
• Advises patients and family members of available services.
• Schedule patient visits, physician appointments, diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
• Transcribe and coordinate physician orders.
• Communicates pertinent information regarding appointments, scheduling, and necessary preparations to patients, families, physicians, team members and other patient care areas.
• Updates relevant patient information in order to maintain an accurate patient record
- Patient Services Coordinator Inpatient at Leukemia
- Room Service Assistant- Call Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center Houston
- Customer Service Representative at Target
7 years, 7 months at this Job
• Responsible to understand, comply with and perform according to the Front Desk Registration and Service Center processes
• Responsible to understand, comply with and perform according to a client's insurance coverage , the client's financial responsibility, and the authorization requirements
• Responsible to understand, comply with and perform according to the Client Payment Reconciliation Process
• Responsible to understand, comply and perform according to the Scheduling/Referral Process
• Responsible to identify the need for new and/or revisions of Front Desk and Service Center processes and/or polices and submit recommendations to the assigned Patient Services Coordinator Supervisor
• Responsible to understand, comply with and perform according to the Payroll Process
• Responsible to understand, comply with and perform according to Paid Time Off Process
• Responsible to personally handle client complaints in compliance with the CRCSI's Complaint and Grievance Policy and Procedure
• Responsible to inform the Patient Services Coordinator Supervisor when there is a need for office supplies
• Be knowledgeable of the Front Desk and Service Center Contingency Plans
• Other duties appointed to role by supervisor
- Patient Services Coordinator at CRCSI
- Clerk Typist at Centerville Clinics Connellsville
- Clerk Typist at Fay-West Family Practice
- Utility Person at Powerex Inc
6 months at this Job
- Associate - Office Technology
June 2018- March 2019 Sonilie Cano (562)897-6644 432 S Pacific Coast Hwy. Redondo Beach CA 90277 Position: Patient Services Coordinator Responsibilities: Greeting patients, taking patients to rooms, prepping patients for procedures, answering high-volume of incoming calls, invoicing patients, prepping next day schedule, sales of skin care and services, helped keep track of inventory. I would also cover other employee's shifts at other locations.
- Patient Services Coordinator at DermFx- Redondo Beach Location
- Patient Services Coordinator at Beverly Hills Rejuvenation Center
- Front Desk receptionist at ISA Inc
- Sales-Rep/Front Desk/Assistant at Pandora Shoes Inc
9 months at this Job
Meet with patients to provide them with education regarding services offered by CHAS and help to identify and utilize available community resources. Function as an In-Person
Assister/Navigator for the WA Healthplanfinder to educate and aid patients in medical
• Review dental treatment plans with patients, answering any questions and discussing payment options. Complete prior authorization paperwork for required dental treatments.
• Coordinate with DSHS to schedule patients for disability evaluations. Support the Consistent Care program in ensuring patients with emergent health concerns have immediate access to health services when necessary.
• Support staff at clinic sites with matters related to our services, community resources and insurance questions.
• Coordinate Medicaid and Medicare incentive programs with the goal of closing care gaps and resulting in additional revenue.
• Work with contracted managed care plans to monitor rosters, decreasing monthly losses by $15,000 on average.
• Coordinate and participate in Patient Services Coordinator Training Workgroup, helping to create and develop job aids, training materials, and processes for Patient Services Coordinators and Front Office staff. Conduct training for non-clinical staff on Athena EMR system, insurance, and sliding fee programs offered at CHAS.
- Patient Services Coordinator at CHAS Health
- Business Office Director at Parkway Village Assisted Living
- Recruiter (Temporary Contract) at DAA Northwest
- HR Assistant/Receptionist at Spokane Federal Credit Union
7 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.A. in Psychology / Minor - Psychology
As a patient services coordinator my duties include: Insurance billing and authorization, coordinating medical records and retrieval with our business center and medical records. Consistently review all patient documents for accuracy and HIPPA compliance, managed all items shipped, ran various computer generated statistical and productivity reports, prepares bank deposits, daily cash balancing and excel spreadsheet documentation, preformed all collections and co-pays, deductible, and cash payments, maintained patient database, answered phones, ensured all patient records are accurate, processed all new patient enrollment and paperwork, coordinated and communicated accurate patient and therapist schedules, follow-up and tracking of all patient referral and prescriptions, greet patients, visitors, and vendors, and developed business relationships with referring doctors and medical staff. Service Experience Specialist, Nordstrom Oct 2016 to Aug 2017 My duties in this position included: ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service, assessing customers' needs and providing assistance and information on product features, answering multi lined telephone service, follow and achieve department sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, process POS purchases and build productive trust relationship with customers.
- Patient Services Coordinator at Spooner Physical Therapy & Hand Rehab
- Wound Care Specialist at Interim HealthCare
- Human Resource Manager at Professional Medical Services
- Medical Receptionist at Lincoln Council on Aging
1 year at this Job
Supervise 18 employees: Certified Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants; and supervise 2-4 student workers for the Large Animal Hospital. Plan, assign and approve work; establish expectations; provide performance
evaluations; counsel under-performing employees; hire/fire (or effectively recommend); organize clinic schedules; approve/deny requested time off.
• Established and conduct morning huddles with direct reports to review tasks for the day.
• Create and distribute 4th year CVM students schedules for the Large Animal Hospital (every 4 weeks).
• Work closely with the Process Improvement Manager identifying opportunities for improvement and operational growth; planning and implementing new and updated policies and standard operating procedures.
• Collaborate with the Hospital Director, Farm Manager, Client Services Coordinator, Medical Aide Supervisors, and other Patient Services Coordinators to establish and enforce University and Hospital policies and procedures.
• Maintain Certified Veterinary Technician certification and perform Large Animal CVT duties two days per week.
• Certified SAIF Safety In Motion® (SIM4) instructor; provided safety trainings to reduce work-related injuries to staff since 2015. Farm Manager (Acting)
• Supervised three Animal Attendants and eight student workers; coordinated care of the Hospital's teaching herd; collaborated with IACUC and AAALAC to ensure compliance.
- Patient Services Coordinator at OSU Large Animal Teaching Hospital
- Surgical Technician at VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists and Emergency
- Receptionist & Technician at Village at Main Veterinary Hospital
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology - Veterinary Technology
As a patient services coordinator it is my pleasure to greet guests, and provide excellent customer service from the start of their experience at Renovo Endodontics. I am experienced in phone communication, patient scheduling, verifying insurance.
My job assignments include:
• Patient Scheduling
• Answering multi-line phone system
• Patient registration and check-in/check-out
• Insurance verification, and processing co-pays/payments
• Presenting financial treatment plan options
• Collecting payment at time of treatment
• Prepare, and send claims to insurance
• Writing prescriptions, and calling in prescriptions
• Confirming upcoming appointments via phone, and email
• Responsible for collecting referral information and sending final reports
• Assisting Dental Assistant by taking CBCT scans
• Assisting Dental Assistant by sterilizing all instruments
• Sort and distribute incoming/outgoing mail
• Maintain inventory of office supplies
• Open and close dental office on daily basis
- Patient Services Coordinator at Renovo Endodontic Studio
- Receptionist at Urology Associates Ltd
- Floral Designer at Flowers by Nancy
- Receptionist/Administrative Assistant at Diamond Property Management, LLC
4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Served as the Primary Care Back-Office Patient Services Coordinator and Administrative Support Staff. Responsibilities include:
• Primary Care Check Out. Provided patients with office visit summaries, referrals, radiology or lab orders, and scheduling for follow up appointments at the conclusion of their visits.
• Medication refill request. Responsible for processing incoming medication refill requests from pharmacies and home health aides. This also requires notifying the physicians of prior medication authorization/medical necessity verifications needed for insurance coverage.
• Referrals and Radiology orders. Generated the initial request for lab/clinical procedure orders, or referrals. This function includes monitoring the 48hr processing turn-around time upon initial request then faxing orders to the designated facilities.
• Medical record request. Processed, scan and monitor the release of medical record requests. This function includes providing pre-op clearance records (office notes, EKG, Echocardiogram, Stress test, lab work, etc.) to doctor’s offices with mutual patients with upcoming medical procedures, or release of medical history to patients for their personal records within 30 days of initial request.
• Call Center & Patient to physician clinical office notes. Conveyed clinical patient notes provided electronically via Electronic Medical Record from call center department to the appropriate physician who must respond within 24-48hrs. My Call Center daily call rate: 35-50 calls daily.
- Patient Services Coordinator at MedStar Health Lafayette Center
- Assistant Office Administrator, Executive Assistant at Icon Placement at Intuit, Inc.
- Administrative Assistant at American Farm Bureau Federation
- Receptionist/File Clerk at Ruben & Aronson LLP
2 years at this Job
Gathered new patient information by phone and entered into database Matched patient to therapist and location that best fit patients needs Answered questions regarding our services Scheduled, cancelled, changed appointment times Provided customer service to patients upon leaving office Filed & retrieved old patient files
- Patient Services Coordinator at Matrix Psychological Services
- Office Associate at Ohio Fire & Safety Company
- Receptionist & Teacher Aide at Harlem Road Christian Preschool
- Administrative Assistant at Nipps, Brown Collins & Associates
5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma - Secretarial Science
I started out working in the hospital as a CNA, assisting patients with not only their basic needs while staying in the hospital. For example: assisting patient to the restroom/ bedside commode, bathing, replenishing nurishments as well as ordering proper diet from cafeteria, properly communicating with the patient, Registered Nurse as well as Dr. patients needs/concerns, charting, cleaning/sanitizing as I go along working in a fast paced environment. Now I work in Internal Medicine as a receptionist (Patient Services Coordinator). I answer a high volume of incoming calls, chart every need/concern the patients have, schedule appointments, communicate with the Doctors and Medical Assistants, receive/send faxes, input/run insurances, collect copays, reach out to other offices for medical records and/or any request of information that the Doctors may need/want, cleaning/sanitizing. Due to my CNA certification, I am also eligible to room patients, take their vitals, and properly communicate with the doctor on the reasoning the patient is being seen, as well as patients concerns/needs.
- CNA/Patient Services Coordinator at Kootenai Health
- Barista at Jolt N' Bolt
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant at Kindred Healthcare
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Nursing Assistant
- High school - General Studies