My duties include assisting other Patient Services Representative with insurance verification of upcoming new patient evaluations. Also includes answering incoming calls and scheduling of new patients as well as return patient visits. I also scan documentation for medical records releases.
- Patient Services Representative at UPMC Centers for Rehab Services
- at Medical Scribe - Sharon Cardiology Specialists
- Central Scheduler at Medical Scribe - Sharon Cardiology Specialists
- Medical Transcriptionist Penn-Ohio Rehabilitation at
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Business - Applied Business/Medical Secretarial Studies
As a patient services representative, my duties are as follows:Assist business office team with intake, registration, insurance verification, and collection of co-payments.
- Patient Services Representative at David Raines Community Health Center
- Caregiver at The Arc of Caddo-Bossier
- Medical Collector/Front Desk Clerk at WILLIS KNIGHTON MEDICAL CENTER
- Customer Assistant at AT&T Call Center
6 months at this Job
- N/A - Radiologic Technology
1300 Oxford Drive, Suite 1200 Bethel Park, PA. 15102 June 2017 - Present Patient Services Representative
• Front Desk Patient Check-In / Check-Out
• Appointment setting and Procedure Scheduling
• Collection of Copayments, Cash and Credit
• Medical Records Entry / Scanning / Faxing
• Inbound / Outbound Patient Phone Support
- Patient Services Representative at UPMC SOUTH HILLS SURGERY CENTER - UROLOGY DEPARTMENT
- Temp / Casual at UPMC PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL
- Inventory Specialist /Team Lead Assistant at MANAGEMENT HEALTH SOLUTIONS
- Complaints and Grievances Intake Coordinator / Medical Review Representative at UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH MEDICAL CENTER
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- - Information Systems Technology
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- High School Diploma
As Lead Patient Services Representative, my duties include, but are not limited to: billing office charges, appointment scheduling, answering phones, patient registration, insurance benefit verification, collecting copays and balances, establishing work standards, policies and procedures, develop staff schedule, manage call-outs and vacation requests, communicate with lead technicians to resolve clinic challenges, review resumes and conduct interviews, new hire training, oversee front desk supply inventory and organization, maintaining patient records, triage emergency patients, ensuring compliance with federal and local privacy laws, filing, and faxing.
- Lead Patient Services Representative at Omni Eye Specialists
- Patient Service Representative at Maryland Eye Associates
- Administrative Assistant/Service Writer at FreeState Auto & Truck Service, Inc.
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associates (incomplete) - General Studies
- High School Diploma - General Studies
- - Academy of Medicine
As a Patient Services Representative a typical day might include the following: * Inbound phone queue, completing enrollment activities, answering basic inquiries, coordinating access to therapies. * Pharmacy triage and coordination. * Order processing for wholesale orders. * Researching and resolving any claim denials or underpayment of claims. * Assisting patients and providers with completing and submitting all necessary documentation for reimbursement program applications (Copay, Patient Assistance Program, Medicaid, etc.). * Reporting any reimbursement trends/delays (such as: billing denials, claim denials, pricing errors, payments, etc.). * Works with patients, providers or internal shared services to ensure all necessary documentation is received and complete in accordance with program policy. * Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors. * Exercises judgment within defined standard operating procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Patient Services Representative at Lash Group
- Processing Specialist at Deluxe
- Internship Advocate at University of North Carolina-Charlotte
- Customer Service Representative at Deluxe
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Communication Studies - Communications Studies
- Associate - Pre-Medicine
• Perform front desk functions for thriving and busy radiology imaging company.
• Greet patients and verify accuracy of medical record information input by meeting all registration, authorization and billing criteria.
• Perform point of service activities such as visit preparation, collection of co-pays, deductibles and co-insurances as well as conflict resolution.
• Confirm patient insurance billing information with insurance companies.
• Schedule and reschedule appointments for patients and/or referring physician offices.
• Answer high volume calls and provide information regarding patient accounts to authorized callers while complying with HIPPA guidelines and regulations.
• Monitor work queue for critical reports that need verification of distribution.
• Verify accuracy of biopsy specimen labeling and documentation and ensure timely pick-up of biopsy specimens by couriers. Key Accomplishment:
• Assisted with initial 5S LEAN implementation for patient services representative work areas. Complete high volume of confirmation calls increasing patient appointment arrival for LEAN enterprise excellence quality Metrix. Key Accomplishment:
• Assisted with initial 5S LEAN implementation for patient services representative work areas. Complete high volume of confirmation calls increasing patient appointment arrival for LEAN enterprise excellence quality Metrix.
- Patient Services Representative at Imaging Healthcare Specialists
- Medical Records Clerk/Skilled Nursing Assistant at Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center
- Program COORDINATOR /HIV Testing Counselor at Charles R. Drew HIV Mobile Testing Unit
- Building Manager/Operations COORDINATOR at University Student Union
11 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelor of Science - Health Administration
Accomplishments Additional training beyond that of the normal PSR (Patient Services Representative) that includes training covering the PC3 (Patient Centered Community Care) Program in addition to the Veterans Choice Program. Responsibilities Answering incoming calls from US veterans and assisting them in receiving healthcare using authorizations for care provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs. When needed, create authorizations for healthcare for veterans and facilitate getting a healthcare provider assigned for the veteran. Coordinate with the Department of Veterans Affairs and various healthcare facilities and providers to provide healthcare to veterans in a timely fashion.
- Patient Services Representative at TriWest Healthcare Alliance
- Appliance Specialist at The Home Depot
1 year at this Job
Patient Services Representative II Provide excellent patient service, maintain database with correct patient demographics, front office patient coordination; (e.g. receipt/forward initial referral, appointment scheduling, transport coordination). Communicate clearly and effectively (both oral and written) with patients, clients, team members, peers and other members of leadership. Accurately input data into EMR (Electronic Medical Records) databases, answer all inquiries from patients, other offices and third party vendors; Contact health plans to verify insurance benefits. Collect any/all co-payments, deductibles due at time of service. Reconcile end of day accounting.
- Patient Services Representative at Primary Care Plus
- PBS Rep-Referrals at West Jefferson Oncology Clinic
- PBS Rep Non-Governmental Collector at West Jefferson Medical Center
- Legal Assistant at Colvin Law Firm
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Merritt Island, Fl September 2012 to December 2018
Worked in many different areas of the Health First community. Florida Licensed Life and Health Agent. Possess an understanding of Health First Health Plans and Health First Insurance product offerings.
Knowledge of medical benefits, provider reimbursement methodologies, medical terminology, and benefit plan application for Point of Service, HMO, and PPO.
Patient Services Representative
• Fast paced dynamic office as a scheduler for a very busy surgeon
• Determined insurance eligibility, co pays, deductibles
• Collected co pays and balances, balanced all money at end of shift
• Checked patients in for appointments, scheduled appointments on phone from referrals
• Developed a more efficient electronic referral system
• Assisted with area clerical duties such as typing, photocopying, filing and faxing documents, reports and other materials Registration Counselor Commercial Sales Coordinator Administrative Specialist
- Patient Services Representative at Health First Medical Group
- Aerospace Technician at United Launch Alliance
- Mechanical Technician at Sun Electronics Electro
- Instructor Kennedy Space center visitor Complex at
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology
- Associate of Science - Aerospace Technology
Temple University Hospital Planned Parenthood Patient Services Representative Insurance verification Medical Scheduler Data entry Appointment scheduler Scheduling appointments for patients through via Cancer, Hematology, Hepatology, Urology, Gastroenterology , Ophthalmology, Dermatology with Temple Medical Center located in PA, US.
- Patient Services Representative at Change Healthcare
- Pharmacy Clerk at Walmart Pharmacy
- Call Agent at Teleperformance
- Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker at Kmart
11 months at this Job
- Diploma - Business Office Specialist