I was recruited by Webster University to become the new Payroll Director in efforts to help clean up the 2014 conversion from in house payroll to ADP payroll processing. I continuously look for ways to get the maximum out of Human Capital by utilizing the most advance technology. I am strong believer of a hands-on management approach, this ensures I genuinely know all aspects and responsibilities of the Payroll Department. My current job duties include:
• Overseeing all aspects of Payroll Processing via ADP Enterprise Pay Solutions & ADP eTime Time & Attendance for 5,000 + employees located in multiple states.
• I oversee International payroll processes in Ghana, London and Uzbekistan via a 3rd party local payroll provider by performing audits, reviewing payroll reports and by processing journal entries to ensure the proper cost allocation through our inner-fund at the home campus.
• I have 3 direct reports that I continue to develop through coaching and mentoring, I insist on cross training all aspects of their job functions for the sake of business continuity.
• I work very close with the accounting team to ensure proper general ledger recording for all wage & salary expenses, benefit cost & contributions, garnishments and all associated billing cost tied to the HRIS & Payroll system.
• I prepare monthly, quarterly and year end analysis reporting for multiple departments to be used in current year forecasting, bonus calculations, fiscal year budgeting and personnel cost by division.
• I work closely with the Human Resources department to ensure wages and benefits have been on-boarded correctly by initiating a system of peer review of all manual changes that impact pay.
• I ensure the integrity of the pay cycle by reviewing pre-transmittal audit reports and balancing the payroll wages by comparing the fixed salaries or hourly wages against adjustments batches.
• I work closely with the HR and IT departments on any HRIS and Payroll system implementation or upgrades.
• I work with the Benefits team by funding and processing the related journal entries for our 403(b) Retirement plan and HSA accounts. I also play a role in the yearly retirement census.
• I attend the monthly finance & administration meetings hosted by the CFO in a round table setting to give any updates surrounding new payroll laws or initiatives and provide department personnel cost and analysis as requested.
• Year-end projects include W-2 balancing and W2c corrections/ tax amendments when necessary as well as purging old personnel records.
• I process treaty benefit analysis on all foreign nationals employed by the University.
• I work closely with the accounts payable team to identify proper classification of W-2 employees versus 1099 employees in respect to DOL guidelines. Accomplishments:
• System Conversion to ADP Time & System Upgrade
• Ensuring tax and legal compliance for our International Payrolls
• Identifying and correcting a major tax flaw in the processing of Adjunct Faculty
• Streamlined reporting for better in depth analysis
• Developed ways to close loop holes for fraudulent hours
• Exceeding expectations rating on my first 2 annual reviews
• Reduced employee turnover in the department and help to build a team atmosphere
• Established payrolls in Uzbekistan, Ghana and London.
• Reduced the payroll department's personnel cost by $60K via streamlining processes, automating functions and developing lower tier employees to take on new and advance task.
- Payroll Director at Webster University
- Payroll Supervisor at Enterprise Holdings
- Payroll/Benefit Accountant at Life Uniform
- Staff Accountant at Scrubs & beyond / Life Uniform
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's Degree in Human Resources Development - Human Resources Development
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Studies - Liberal Studies
- Associates Degree in Business - Business
New York, NY (2.2B Facility Maintenance Firm)
PAYROLL DIRECTOR & HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR
• Responsible for managing the weekly and bi-weekly payrolls that includes 8,000 employees (7,000 hourly and 1,000 salaried). Manage the human resource data and payroll tax functions which are situated in twenty-three states. Reengineered the time-collection process, thus reducing payroll processing time significantly. Reconcile various medical and dental and transit check benefits. Process wage garnishments. Responsible for all Union & Health, Welfare, Pension Payments, including all Audits. Responsible for managing the entire I-9 Process. Prepare the annual payroll budget. System Administrator for the JD Edwards HR/Payroll System. Manage the 401K Process, including remitting the funds to the vendor. Responsible for implementing company acquisition integrations onto JD Edwards Payroll/Human Resource Systems. Manage a staff of six personnel. Significant accomplishments are as follows:
• Reduced the payroll department overhead by $200,000 annually.
• Created a payroll exception report, which improved the audit controls, and saved the company $20,000 annually.
• Implemented a vacation and sick benefit report which calculates the entitlements and balances of all employees which reduced overpayment of vacation and sick expenses by $15,000.
• Streamlined the payroll process by having the field submit the time collection on an electronic time sheet, therefore reducing overtime and administrative expenses.
• Organization all Union Health & Welfare Payments, thus reducing penalties and interest payments.
• Implemented and Created Procedures for the I-9 Process. Uploaded all the I-9 Forms to our Payroll and Human Resource System.
• Implementing the Novatime Time and Attendance system.
• Ensure the Company is within ACA Compliance.
- PAYROLL DIRECTOR & HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR at Atalian Global Services, Inc
- PAYROLL DATABASE MANAGER at
- at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Inc
- PAYROLL MANAGER at Young & Rubicam, Inc
17 years at this Job
- M.S. - Management
- B.S. - Accounting
• Assist Sr. Director of Payroll with special projects and reconciliation of payroll register and summary reports to ensure a timely and accurate payroll
• Assist the Sr. Director with the bi-weekly, Semi-monthly and Monthly payroll processes to be completed accurately and in a timely manner
• Provide audit support for all payroll frequencies for all entities of the company
• Research and come to a resolution for all tax notices received by each state or federal government
• Assist with Payroll processing. Ensuring all employees are paid, taxes are withheld, and tax reporting is submitted
• Review payroll registers and payroll summary for accuracy and reconcile to departmental distribution worksheets
• Use EXCEL to prepare and maintain spreadsheets for all payroll information and activities (i.e., new hires, terminations, changes, 401k etc.)
• Run payroll information reports; review calculations; ensure appropriate taxes are withheld and correct amounts are being calculated (i.e., local taxes, 401k deferral percentage changes)
- Assistant Payroll Director at B. Riley Financial Inc
- Payroll Manager at David A. Lazar, CPA's
- Payroll Specialist at Harbor Freight Tools
- Security Industry Specialist at
2 months at this Job
- - Computer Information Systems
Ensure accurate preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for 3000 hospital employees in multiple states
● Review the accuracy of the input of all new hires, data changes and terminations
● Assist with training of new facility HR Representatives
● Work closely with Finance Team to ensure accurate posting to G/L
● Ensure timely remittance of payroll taxes and filing of applicable tax returns
● Ensure timely research and resolution of payroll inquiries
● Provide ad-hoc payroll reports to various department managers & executives
● Assisted with the transition of payroll from CPSI to ADP software and ADP to Ceridian
● Serve as project lead on implementations of ADP products/upgrades and Ceridian products/upgrades, as well as new company acquisitions
● Serve as security administrator for all ADP and Ceridian products
● Assist with annual financial and 401(k) audit
● Assisted with development of labor reporting for three divisions
- Payroll Director at Cornerstone Healthcare
- Payroll Manager/Director of Client Services at Primepay Inc
- Sr. Payroll Specialist/Payroll Manager at Paychex Inc
10 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school
Correct Health provides high quality, cost-effective, comprehensive health care inside the walls of state correctional facilities. As Payroll Director and Corporate Accountant for Triage Holdings, I report directly to the CFO. We manage domestic payroll processing for the business, including various state and federal tax reporting, Participate in month-end and year-end close process including supporting analysis, preparation and booking of journal entries. Perform various Balance Sheet account reconciliations, including bank reconciliations. Engage with all areas of the business to improve, refine and automate accounting and financial reporting procedures. Track financial reporting deadlines to ensure timely completion, analyze financial data, prepare accounting reports and present their results. Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately. Process accounts payable paperwork, enter bills for payment through completion of the check run.
- Payroll Director and Corporate Accountant at Triage Holdings
- Payroll Consultant at Extremity Healthcare Incorporated
- Payroll Manager at ADP
- Payroll and Corporate Accountant at Incentex
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- A.S. in Financial Accounting - Financial Accounting, A.S
- Associate's degree - Accounting and Business/Management
Houston, TX 3/2018 - present
Provides strategic direction for GEE's global payroll department for 1500 employees globally. This includes incorporating proper and adequate payroll controls and processes while driving global payroll consolidation and efficiency. Currently, supervises (5) specialists while ensuring accurate payroll processes meet local and regional regulatory requirements.
• Manage Payroll: Responsible for the implementation & administration of all payroll policies, timekeeping, and compliance. The approval of all master payroll calendars and processing schedules for 38 entities in 20 countries.
• Customer Service: Drive excellent customer service by building relationships through exceptional communication. Trained and assisted payroll employees and provided confidential customer service to employees, and senior staff
• Collaborate with Internal Partners: Collaborate Human Resources, Corporate Finance, Treasury, and the Internal Audit teams to ensure financial, regulatory controls and reporting are correct, as well as helping to interpret payroll results
• Reporting and Compliance: Oversees all tax and regulatory reporting, quarter end and year-end payroll activities, including wage and hour laws, unemployment, and all other required submissions
• Reduced Cost: Implemented cost savings activities that resulted in the reduction of processing fees globally by 15% or $48K by consolidating and restructuring legacy third-party PEO contracts
• SOX Compliance Champion: Consulted, wrote, and advised on the policy structure that obtained and maintain SOX compliance Senior Integration Project Manager Houston, TX Responsible for managing corporate integration projects through developing, coordinating, and evaluating integration project plans, including budget management; organize and track project plan documents.
• Led People Services (HR) Projects: Reduced cost in talent acquisition, contingent & employee headcount and payroll processing
• Managed Restructuring: Oversaw eliminated and restructured of 200+ full-time and contractor roles resulting in a G&A cost reduction of $12.6M
- Global Payroll Director at GLOBAL EAGLE ENTERTAINMENT INC
- Human Resources Director, Americas at SPEEDCAST COMMUNICATIONS INC
- Senior Human Resources Manager, Americas at HARRIS CORPORATION
- at HARRIS CORPORATION
1 year at this Job
- Master of Business Administration in Leadership - Leadership
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Successfully implemented a new business process that streamlined the reporting procedures, reducing the human error.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of payroll operations policies to ensure that the company is in compliance with all state and federal regulation.
• Successfully created, reviewed and distributed various payroll reports to support financial projections, audits, HR reviews and compliance issues.
• Successfully developed and implemented internal controls that greatly reduced the risk of the misappropriation of company assets.
• Analyzing and transferring cash between various bank accounts, and managing daily financial processing, including auditing, verifying payroll data and billing.
• Managed Finance operations responsible for Payroll, billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, general ledger and journal entries.
• Utilized Intuit Payroll system to maintain and process employee wages as well as processing state and federal corporate taxes.
• Oversee hiring process, by reviewing resumes and performing interviews with new hires.
• Processed all the necessary initial paperwork for new hires.
• Verify accurate and timely wage calculations, overtime by state, and termination pay.
• Responsible for all wage, tax, and service reports.
- Finance/Accounting/Payroll Director at 3D Lettering Corp
- Documentation Market Leader, VP at Bank of America
- Financial Analysis Team Leader, AVP at Bank of America
- Credit Analyst at Bank of America
7 years, 2 months at this Job
Oil and Gas Industry
• Oversee a department of 6 employees involved in Payroll and Human Resource activities for a company with 1000+ employees including multi-state payrolls (i.e. Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Oklahoma, North Dakota, etc) while working with the ADP Vantage HCM team to ensure that such activities are completed in a timely, efficient manner
• Provide customer service and recommendations quickly and decisively to management for solutions to employee issues and to maintain discretion for such related activities
• Conduct investigations involving EEOC and other agencies and provide recommendations for complaints. Am currently the business contact for such agencies
• Work with outside counsel in matters of the DOL and the EEOC as well as other legal matters
• Provide guidance and mentoring to employees within the department to ensure proactive tendencies while holding training sessions to keep skills and knowledge up to date
• Provide guidance to and maintain quality working relationships with other departments and the field yards to ensure proper procedures are followed (i.e. new hire process, termination process, etc) as well as ensuring compliance with all proper regulations
• Heavily involved with updates to policies and procedures, including but not limited to: employee handbook, HR policies and procedures, and payroll procedures and revising such documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance with appropriate regulations
• Work with 3rd party broker in order to offer the best, affordable insurance coverage/401k to employees that will help to attract/retain employees while ensuring that the cost of such benefits is controlled
• Project Manager for open enrollment activities and am responsible for maintaining a close relationship with insurance brokers and outside vendors to provide heavy support in order to maintain the online benefits solution for the company
• Heavily involved with acquisitions re: payroll, human resources, benefits, compensation. Responsible for coordinating successful import of employees and employment information into our payroll, HRIS, and benefit systems
• Work with management in the recruitment of employees to ensure that the departments/yards are adequately staffed. Involved in the interview process where appropriate
• Oversee the onboarding process, merit increases and wage reductions, and termination process
• Project Manager for the implementation of an online solution for new hire paperwork and training.
• Serve as leave administrator
• Heavily involved in matters relating to the ACA, i.e. proper reporting and compliance along with compliance of fees that are due throughout the year (i.e. ACA Transitional Reinsurance Fees and Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Fees)
• Bring payroll solutions that are efficient and less time consuming-have reduced payroll processing down to 1 ½ days from 1 week (Includes, but not limited to, the input of payroll information, the payroll process itself, the payments of funds and taxes via ADP, the journal entries needed for the general ledger, and auditing)
• Maintain partnerships with Internal Audit outside auditors to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) guidelines, including, but not limited to: monthly audits, 401k audits, yearly walk-through audits, workers' compensation audits
• Oversee the payroll process and approve payroll for release
• Project Manager for payroll conversion to the ADP Vantage HCM platform
• Before conversion process to ADP Vantage HCM, was Project Manager for conversion of wages and taxes to ADP SmartCompliance
• Prepare journal entries for the corporate payroll along with monthly wage re-classes and payroll accruals
• Using ADP, am responsible for all quarterly and year end filings including but not limited to: 941's, W2s
• Integral in moving the department toward a paperless environment, i.e. electronic pay stubs, pay cards instead of paper checks, hard copy files
• Project Manager for the implementation of BenefitSolver for online benefit administration and ACA reporting
• Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to bring solutions to ongoing problems in a timely manner
• Work with broker and outside auditor to ensure accuracy of 5500 reporting
• Process insurance and benefit invoices for payment
• Head up other projects as needed
- Human Resources/Payroll Director at Forbes Energy Services
- Payroll Manager at Stallion Oilfield Services
- Served as HIPAA and COBRA administrator at Vaughn Construction
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- BBA - Management
- Associate of Arts - Business
CEBS) & Community Traffic Control, LLC (CTC)
Milwaukee, WI - August 2003-Present
• HR Law
• Talent Acquisition through Termination
• Policy & Handbook Creation and Oversight
• Business Insurance/Bond/Loan Applications & Oversight
• All Business Insurance, Employment, Injury & Legal Claim Handling
• All Employee Benefits
• EEO Officer
• Payroll Oversight. Completion, Compliance and Reporting.
• Bookkeeping (Quickbooks)
• Accounts payable and Accounts receivable (up to $7 million annually)
• Bank Signer and controller for all companies
• Office & Marketing Management
• Direct Oversight of Administrative staff
• General Oversight of all Employees
• Creation of Electronic Filing System
• Review and Execute all Contracts
- HUMAN RESOURCES/PAYROLL DIRECTOR at Community Engineering & Building Services, LLC
- MARKETING COORDINATOR at K. Singh & Associates, Inc
15 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Mass Communication
- Bachelor's Degree - Communication Processes
PAYROLL DIRECTOR- GOLDEN VALLEY, MN As a payroll director for Orion Associates, I am responsible for overseeing two companies and 8 employees, to process $3 million payroll every month. I am responsible for reconciling accounts, general ledger, payroll funding, trouble shooting, taxability, garnishments/levies, and month end reconciliations for up to 19 different companies. This requires knowledge of policies and procedures as well as the ability to troubleshoot problems. The ability to learn quickly is an asset and to be able to adapt to change quickly as procedures change. LAURA MERCIER COSMETICS MANAGER- MINNETONKA, MN As the Counter Manager for Laura Mercier cosmetics, my responsibilities include inspiring my team to meet and exceed goals, create sales plans, calculate sales percentages of growth/decline on a weekly and monthly basis, plan and organize successful events, provide feedback to account coordinators, and maintain sales books in order to make sure that the counter is exceeding last year's sales. Other responsibilities include training employees, providing outstanding customer service, providing make up applications, and booking appointments for clients. ARTISTRY MANAGER- NORDSTROM ESCONDIDO, CA As the Artistry counter manager my responsibilities not only included provided outstanding customer service, but I as was responsible for scheduling, working with vendors, working with account executives, working with buyers, and as was responsible for ordering merchandise.
- Payroll Director at Orion Associates
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. IN CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY - CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY
- A.A. - GENERAL STUDIES