In August of 2015 I was recruited by Webster University to become the new Payroll Director in efforts to help clean up the conversion from in house payroll to ADP payroll processing. My job duties include overseeing processing of all aspects of Payroll via (ADP) for 15,000 + employees located in multiple states as well as international locations. I have 4 direct reports that I continue to develop through coaching and mentoring. I work very close with the controller and CFO to ensure proper expensing and GL recording of all 4 payrolls (hourly, salary, and student, international). I also process a keen analysis of the labor distribution in preparation for monthly budget review meetings. I work closely with the VP of Human Resources to ensure the most seamless connection of the HRIS and payroll platform for benefit deductions as well as funding our retirement plan and HSA accounts. I am also responsible for the payroll budget and bottom line therefore I continuously look for ways to get the most out of Human Capital by utilizing the most advance technology. I am strong believer of a hands-on management approach.
• System Conversion to ADP
• Time & Attendance System Upgrade
• Ensuring tax and legal compliance for our International Payrolls
• Identifying and correcting a major tax flaw in the processing of Adjunct Faculty
• 403(b) audit team
• Streamlined reporting
• Developed ways to close loop holes for fraudulent hours
• Exceeding expectations on my first 2 annual reviews
• Reduced employee turnover in the department and help to build a team atmosphere
• Reduced the payroll department's personnel cost by $60K via streamlining processes, automating functions and developing lower tier employees to take on new task.
- Payroll Director at Webster University
- Payroll Supervisor at Enterprise Holdings
- Payroll/Benefit Accountant at Life Uniform
- Staff Accountant at Scrubs & beyond / Life Uniform
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's Degree in Human Resources Development - Human Resources Development
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Science - Liberal Science
- Associates Degree in Business - Business
Payroll Administration - Responsible for end to end payroll administration at electrical firm employing over 200 associates. - Developed processes to streamline the intake and validation of employee time and job classifications - Produce weekly certified payroll for government funded jobs - Manage time reporting for corporate and field offices as well as remote job sites - Corp offices in Louisville and Lexington. Remote jobs in Kentucky, Indiana, and Alabama. - Interface with government agencies to correctly execute payroll garnishments - Work with Dept. of Labor and Dept. of Transportation to validate employee pay rates and classifications on State funded jobs - Manage DOT commercial drivers log for all employees that operate Arrow equipment requiring a commercial driver's license - Verify that drivers are compliant with state regulations for operating commercial equipment - Audits - Represent payroll and benefits for all government audits - Reporting - Produce financial reports for Arrow executives - Earnings, deductions, vacation, job costs, time entries - Manage key relationships with partners in supporting financial and benefits industries - Vendors (Humana, ING, Stock Yard Bank &Trust) - Manage and pay all federal, state and local taxes in three states. (Sales, withholdings and unemployment) ◆ Benefits Administration - 401K contributions - Responsible for the administration of all 401K contributions - Work with ING to validate employee contributions - Work with Arrow employees to make necessary enrollment updates - Davis Bacon contributions - Responsible for the administration of all Davis Bacon contributions - Upload all employee contributions to Davis Bacon benefits provider on a weekly basis - Work with Arrow employees to make necessary enrollment updates - Life Insurance - Work with Humana to provide life insurance benefit for Arrow employees - Short Term / Long Term Disability insurance - Work with Humana to provide disability insurance benefit for Arrow employees - Paid Time Off - Manage all aspects of vacation benefit for Arrow employees - Validate approvals, record benefit hours, update payroll ◆ HRIS - Sage Abra HRMS - Employee reporting and attendance tracking - Sage Timberline Office - Payroll - All payroll related functions - Report Designer - Develop custom reports to facilitate financial analysis - Job Costs - Update labor costs to build out job snapshot - Service Management - Manage all hours associated to work orders within the service department - Microsoft Office Suite - Proficient in all MS office products - MS Excel - Design spreadsheets to track payroll and benefit data
- Payroll Director at Arrow Electric Co., Inc
21 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Accounting
• Process weekly check requests/purchase orders for all facility bills
• Process payroll for 50+ employees bi-weekly; calculates multiple pay rates, incentives, benefit adjustments, etc.
• Conduct monthly audits for DDSN, CTH, and DSS Resident/Consumer accounts
• Audit monthly credit card, insurance, and other bills
• Provide Human Resources support to include keeping employee files, disciplinary actions, terminations, and benefits
• Provide financial information to/for Corporate reports; including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
• Accurately keep monthly accounts payable/receivable in Excel ledgers
• Support Executive Director/Corporates financial mission and vision
• Provide audit support as necessary
• Prepares various monthly reports for Management; overtime, time and attendance, payroll changes, etc.
• Work with management/employees to resolve any payroll discrepancies
• Assists CFO and Corporate accounting team with special projects
• Has a strong knowledge of general payroll systems; ADP, Payday Payroll, and TimeForce
• Receive, sort, process, and disseminate all mail and packages for facility
- Accounts Payable/Payroll Director at Meridian Behavioral Health Systems
- HR Assistant at Excalibur Youth Services, LLC
- Cashier/Assistant Manager at C. B. Mart, Inc
- Retail Merchandiser at Hallmark, Inc
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Financial Management
- Associate of Science in Accounting - Fundamentals of Accounting
• Global payroll management for up to 500 employees globally. Countries including, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Germany, Italy, France, United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Spain, Sweden and United States.
• Monthly international payroll using ADP Streamline.
• Multi-state US semi-monthly payroll using ADP WorkForce Now.
• Project lead on time and attendance implementation in ADP WorkForce Now. PTO accruals management and transition from IConnect to ADP Workforce Now.
• Transitioned international payroll from varying vendors to ADP Streamline platform.
• Lead project manager on payroll implementation.
• Ex-pat payroll. Manage all aspects of home and shadow payroll while maintaining strong communication and information audit with tax advisors (GTN) and global mobility management (Aires).
• Indebt communication with Finance and Accounting to maintain payroll reconciliation, general ledger and invoice management.
• Create and maintain global payroll reports for Finance, client services and rewards team.
- Global Payroll Director at Integral Ad Science, INC
- Global Payroll & Compensation Mgr. (Consulting Position) at Openlink Financial LLC
- Global Payroll & Compensation Manager at Change.org
- Payroll & Benefit Manager (Consultant) at Bronstein Properties, LLC
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration/Finance
Responsible for paying and verifying all invoices for an 119 bed skilled nursing facility and a 27 unit retirement apartment complex. Process payroll and direct Human Resource department.
- AP/Payroll Director at Carolina Care Health & Rehabilitation
- Purchasing Manager, Payroll Manager, HR/AR Director at Carolina Care Center
2 years at this Job
- BA - Economics
- BA - Business Management
In charge of the complete payroll process for 350 employees and 3 locations. Manage one employee who does line haul for payroll. Complete knowledge of union contracts with the Teamsters. Manage all benefits and pay out of payroll. Pay out all garnishment through payroll. Submit W2, W3, 941, 940 and ESC. Audit management for 401k, Teamsters, Workers Comp, and State of Alaska DOL. Process 401k and pension bimonthly. Produce union reports on a monthly basis for health & welfare, pension and dues. Monthly payroll reconciliation. Annually manually update Microsoft Dynamics for taxes and new union rules. Yearend payroll close out. Online reporting for union information and State of Alaska. Software used: Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Word, Excel.
- PAYROLL DIRECTOR at Weaver Brothers, Inc
- ACCOUNTANT at Gana-A-Yoo
- OFFICE MANAGER at Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER at Visions Meeting and Event Management
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- BA - Biological Sciences
Duties include reviewing applicants, interviews, and orientating new employees. Maintaining all personnel records, implementing training programs for new and existing employees. Develop strategies for recruitment and hiring. Monitor and handle employee claims including performance based and harassment incidents. Collaborate with department managers to assess needs. Direct job fairs. Handle under staffing, disputes, terminating employees, and administering disciplinary procedures. Coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to worker's compensation, and labor relations. Payroll and benefits administration (Kronos, Solomon, Point click care), Assist with resident insurance (Medicare, Medicaid, and LTC insurance), speaking with family members, and admissions.
- HUMAN RESOURCE/ PAYROLL DIRECTOR at THE GRANDVIEW NURSING & REHABILITATION FACILITY
14 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Real Estate and Property Management
- - General Ed
- Payroll Director at Allied Building Products
- Payroll and Benefits Manager at Allied Building Products
- Payroll Analyst at Allied Building Products
- Assistant Payroll Manager at Big M Inc
7 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Hotel and Restaurant Management
Directed a staff of five in the processing of 6,000 employees using the ADP Workforce Now application. Expanded the MedExpress Brand presence to 21 states from 15 in less than a year and half. Implemented employee self-service of direct deposit and personal tax updates, savings countless hours of manual input by the payroll team. The payroll office was processing 21 Federal Tax Identities and was responsible for all federal, state and local tax filings. My primary focus was on supporting the growth of Urgent Care Centers into new states while creating imports and controls from many disparate systems. MedExpress Urgent Centers are the industry leader in providing Great Care Fast. My position was eliminated due to a reorganization in the finance area.
- Payroll Director at MedExpress Urgent Care
- Director of Finance, Payroll at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Manager, Payroll at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Payroll Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
• Oversight of Global Payroll to ensure compliance with all corporate and country-specific policies and procedures
• Established global payroll organization by setting up and staffing 3 regional payroll teams inside of the Shared Services centers
• Rolled out Streamline payroll system to 43 countries and GlobalView to US
• Drive controls and operational excellence including, but not limited to, SOX oversight and controls and compliance programs
• Lead global timekeeping and leave tracking project
- Global Payroll Director at Verifone
- Executive Alliance, Remote at
- Payroll Leader at IKEA
- Consultant at Laureate International, Benefit Mall, Health Hub
3 years at this Job
- M.S. - Human Resources
- B.S. - Business Administration