As a payroll manager I was responsible for calculating time for over 70 employees. I have accomplish doing this in a timely manner with accuracy.
- Payroll Manager at D & L Cleanup
at this Job
Highly skilled and professional in payroll Manager Position.
● Excellent experience in finance, payroll and daily business operations
● Experienced in practices, principles and procedure of payroll processing, like time reporting, personal assignments and payroll accounting.
● Ability to prepare long and short-term plans and meet important deadlines
● Highly skilled in developing procedures to implement changes and solve issues in payroll System
● Offered assistant and information on what to expect with regard to tax and payroll Services
- Payroll Manager at Sharma & company
- Bank Teller / Customer Service at PNC Bank
- Professional accountant and bookkeeper at
- at Provident Bank
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- - design
- - Sales
Coordinate payroll employees to meet weekly time sheet deadline submissions through Docuware and Matrix Care software
● Maintaining payroll information by directing the collection and calculation of data for 2000+ employees
● Updating payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, and division transfers.
● Paying employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts
● Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
● Maintains payroll staff by recruiting, hiring, training and overseeing employees as well as employee terminations
● Created groundwork policies and procedures for the payroll department
● Conduct professional development trainings for current employees
● Handle all Payroll team complaints, grievances, and performance issues
● Effectively communicate and train every department (case management, HR, IT, Nuring, Daycare, Reception) to ensure that payroll information and manual adjustments are submitted in a timely fashion
- Payroll Manager at SarahCare, Payroll
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Nutrition and Dietetics
- - Liberal Arts
- - Business Management
Temp) * Temporary position to cover for Payroll Manager, directly worked with the CFO of HCC to ensure all payroll process were completed. * Process semi-monthly payroll for 250+ employee while maintaining accuracy, attention to detail and compliance with all federal and state laws. * Partnered with CFO on additional projects to facilitate payroll processes and keep accountability of all payroll costs, not limited to payroll and benefits costs. * Working side by side with Director of Human Resources to develop/maintain trackers for meal penalty and meal violations to comply with Federal and state laws. * Data entry of new hires. Process employee final wages and termination packet.
- Payroll Manager at Hillcrest Country Club
- Payroll Coordinator at MMChr
- Lead Office Coordinator at F.A.K. Transportation, Inc
- Human Resources Supervisor at Toys R US
7 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Direct all aspects of payroll operations. Complete biweekly “in‐house” payroll and monthly bonus disbursement of multi‐state payroll, including garnishments, benefits, and taxes for over 3,600 employees in 26 locations and 4 states, consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws. Handle all customer service inquiries pertaining to payroll. Used iSolved for 2.5 years and recently implemented Ultipro.
• WINNER of the yearly TEAM IMPACT AWARD. Management for each restaurant voted on the person in the home office they believed had the most positive impact on them throughout the year.
• Spearheaded the successful implementation of a new payroll system, Ultipro and all process changes required as a result.
• Ensure accurate payroll through extreme growth periods
• Introduced the use of excel macros for repetitive reporting and payroll tasks (this resulted in a considerable amount of time saved) PAYROLL CONSULTANT CONSULTING
• Orange County, CA/December 2014 – Current Working with clients on various projects, including:
• Creating written payroll procedures as well as providing process improvements
• Bonus/supplemental wages taxation issues
• Running payroll on an emergency basis ‐ no prior written documentation existed
• Coordinating paychecks/benefits for a mass layoff PAYROLL MANAGER DRYBAR
• Irvine, CA/September 2013 – November 2014 Direct all aspects of payroll operations, including staff. Oversee payroll processes and procedures including taxes and finance demands regarding payroll payments. Complete biweekly payroll disbursement of multi‐state payroll for over 3,000+ employees in 36 locations and 9 states, consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws. Process special payroll for bonuses and commission cycles.
• Implement payroll auditing procedures decreasing errors and the number manual checks being issued by 50% and resulting in significant reduction in costs
• Successful change of Payroll Period and Pay dates allowing managers to better direct labor and reducing overtime costs.
• Ensure accurate payroll through extreme growth periods PAYROLL GALA CORPORATION
• Costa Mesa, CA/ July 2012 – August 2013 Complete biweekly “in‐house” payroll disbursement of multi‐state payroll, including garnishments, benefits, and taxes for 13 companies and over 2,500 employees in 30 locations and 4 states, consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws. Handle all customer service inquiries pertaining to payroll. Complete 18 Multi‐state and IRS tax payments biweekly. Complete labor, worker’s compensation, term and new hire analysis reporting. Process special payroll for bonuses and commission cycles. Process new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions, and terminations
• Introduced a spirit of cooperation between employees and payroll by listening attentively, solving problems and providing stellar customer service.
• Implement pre‐ payroll auditing procedures which eliminated approx. $7,000 in employee non‐payments per payroll
• Create integration of garnishments from payroll to AP, saving both departments numerous man hours
• Introduce automated calculation of taxes and online consolidated tax payments, saving 5 man‐hours per payroll
• Ensure accurate payroll as well as tax compliance during several corporate acquisitions, the introduction of a new concept restaurant, the opening of two new chain locations and the addition of 3 new corporations. PAYROLL AND BENEFITS RECONCILIATION MANAGER MARINELLO SCHOOLS OF BEAUTY
• Whittier, CA/2009 –July 2012 Highly technical Payroll Manager ‐ Emphasis on Process Improvements ‐ Oversee staff of four -Responsible for Multi State (8) In‐House Payroll semimonthly disbursements to over 1,000 employees in over 60 locations and all Payroll Tax Payments/Filings ‐ Benefits Reconciliation to the GL –Power of Attorney for all tax filings
- Payroll Manager at Lazy Dog Restaurants
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Lakewood, CO 2018 - 2019
Vivage is an established operator, manager and business consultant for senior living communities nationwide.
Managed the payroll department. Enhanced the performance and capabilities of the Payroll team. Defined standards and refined procedures for Payroll Operations. Assisted team members with payroll regulations and processing issues while strengthening customer relationships.
• Managed a motivated team of 4 payroll associates processing in house payroll for 3,500 employees in 30+ individual locations semi-monthly.
• Processed semi-monthly corporate payroll for 150 employees. Revamped the new hire process creating a better experience and saving time for new hires.
• Monitored payroll systems and managed issues in Paylocity and NOVAtime.
• Found cost savings - $1,750 for 401k and time clock charges in error.
• Managed two successful company acquisitions into Paylocity and NOVAtime.
• 401k - Oversaw employer match, highly compensated employees, loans, researched issues and file feeds. Also assisted in annual audit.
• Successfully executed integration of PayActiv into Paylocity and NOVAtime for pay advances.
• Conducted orientation for corporate new hires and trained Human Resources associates in the field.
• PBJ (Payroll Based Journal) - Audited positions compared to PBJ codes, researched issues and produced reports.
• Assisted Human Resources with reports for Affirmative Action, WOTC, Termination and Department of Labor.
• Monitored the effectiveness of existing payroll policies, guidelines and procedures incorporating revisions consistent with payroll trends and company objectives.
- Payroll Manager at Vivage Senior Living
- Lead Payroll Technician at Jeffco Public Schools
- Human Resources Shared Services Manager at ARROW ELECTRONICS, INC
- Resource Center Manager at DAVITA
1 year at this Job
- Business Management Degree - Accounting and Computer Information Systems
Payroll Manager (position being relocated in January 2019 due to merger)
Process biweekly payrolls for 3,000+ employees in 35 locations nationwide
Supervise payroll support staff
Develop, implement and update payroll policies and procedures to satisfy
Ensure compliance with payroll and tax regulations, government reporting
requirements, W-2 generation, garnishments and IRS liens
Analyze and lead the modification of existing processes to increase efficiency,
including developing an automated import system which significantly
company credit card
• Create internal ad hoc payroll reports for various departmental needs - HR,
- Payroll Manager at GBW Railcar Services, LLC
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Finance, Sales
• Hired in as Payroll Manager in 2017. Responsibilities
• Responsible for all administrative procedures
• Manager Employee hours and submit times to Headquarters for employee payment
• Assist customers with wheelchair assistance when needed.
- Payroll Manager at Huntleigh USA
- General Manager at Taco Bueno
- Assistant Manager at PF Chang's
- Kitchen Manager at Legend's Steakhouse
1 year, 8 months at this Job
Pomona, California Provide company-wide, payroll leadership and liaison support for employees and upper management, advising on payroll policy and applicable laws, and building trust between entry-level and executive teams for a cohesive bond aimed at company success. Payroll Manager (2012 to Present) Supervise payroll staff, spearhead training, and integrate employee development in daily operations. Coordinate each payroll period and payment for over 1000 employees, including special compensation payrolls, ensuring full compliance with state, federal agency regulations and Company Policies. Organize retirement contributions, calculate benefit and voluntary deductions, process levies and garnishments, and submit payments. Maintained department compliance by preparing employee files, state and federal documents, payroll reports, benefit deductions, and tax forms. ♦ Honored by CEO for instrumental work in the choice and implementation of a new payroll system and time and attendance system and successfully mentoring new department employees and conducting quality training. ♦ Adept at coordinating and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, and strong team-building. Build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communications with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization ♦ Conduct personnel evaluations and recommend performance improvement, identify training opportunities, and reward good work-ethic and achievement. ♦ Leverage expertise in report preparation and ACA reporting, including BLS, multiple worksite reporting with well-honed knowledge of labor law reporting requirements. ♦ Develop updated policy and procedure based on need and company growth while providing procedural guidance to staff and technical advice based on experience and education. ♦ Provide leadership that supported department growth by 20% without disruption since 2017. ♦ Audit payroll processes for improvements and make recommendations that include more efficient systems and revisions to current methods to increase productivity and save time. ♦ Delegate workloads to meet departmental requirements and managed daily payroll operations. ♦ Focus on analysis of processes to identify areas that needed improvement, instituted corrective actions to increase productivity, and taught payroll staff best-practices to drive success. ♦ Track and organize employee data, such as, paid leave, overtime, benefit deductions, and tax information, including processing State Disability and addressing State Disability claim forms. ♦ Reconcile state and federal payroll tax and prepare deposits weekly while reconciling 941 and DE9 quarterly. Process all quarterly and year-end tax filing reports, and W2s processing. ♦ Prepare accounting transactions and documents including but not limited to journal entries for payroll month-end and quarter-end
- Payroll Manager at Casa Colina Hospital & Centers for Healthcare
- Payroll Administrator at Tetratech Inc
- Human Resources/ Payroll Consultant at Dendera HR & Benefits
- Human Resources Manager at O'Neil Data Systems
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management - Human Resources Management
Bullet Point Description: -Manage over 20 timekeepers for the recording and correction of employee time. -Compile and process payroll exceptions before final transmission. -Create and distribute various biweekly and monthly reports. -Record journal entries for payroll in the General Ledger. -Employer contains ~1000 employees. -Union & Non-Union experience I have been in Payroll since October 2016. My previous positions involved Accounts Payable, Receivable, Client Account management, Budget Analyst, and Support Business Accountant. The reason I have had this many positions is because I volunteered to take them over due to turnover. My greatest accomplishment was taking over the payroll manager position immediately following the exit of the last remaining payroll staff. I was able to learn everything from the ground up and make the payroll office and timekeeping the best it has ever been in recent history.
- Payroll Manager at Trinity Services, Inc.
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance (with heavy accounting)
- High school