As payroll manager, I was responsible for receiving hours and wage details, and processing them through the Paychex platform. I processed payroll for over 30 businesses in the Wichita area. I also assisted in data entry for monthly accounting and in preparation for filing of tax returns.
- PAYROLL MANAGER at PROFESSIONAL TAX & ACCOUNTING SERVICES, LLC
- WARRANTY ADMINISTRATOR/RETURN AND RTV COORDINATOR at 3WIRE
- SOUS CHEF at RUSTIQUE RESTAURANT
- BANK TELLER at KEYBANK
10 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATES - Math and Science
- REGENTS DIPLOMA
- Regents Diploma - General
Houston, TX 2016-2019
(One of the largest independent liquid petroleum product pipeline transportation company in the United States, U.S.)
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the weekly US payroll (1,600 employees) and St. Lucia payroll (77 employees) as well as the monthly Bahamas payroll (150 employees).
• Reviewed and approved payroll input prior to payment of wages within the HCM system, weekly funding request to Treasury, general ledger and accrual entries.
• Maintained accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Identified process improvements, implemented change and best practices.
• Provided ad hoc payroll reports as needed for other departments.
• Performed and oversaw the reconciliations of the payroll GL Accounts
• Worked closely with HRIS manager of system updates.
• Provided supports to both internal and external auditors.
• Reviewed quarterly and annual tax returns for accuracy that included W-2 filing.
- Payroll Manager at Buckeye Partners, L.P
- at C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc
- HCM Analyst at Paragon Offshore Services, LLC
- HCM Analyst at Noble Drilling Services, Inc
3 years at this Job
Payroll Manager of 250 PEO/ASO clients providing human resourcing outsourcing services as well as ensuring payroll integrity for Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Semi-Monthly, & Monthly multi-state payrolls for 30,000 employees. I work directly with each account overseeing the payroll process - working with each account's payroll and accounting professionals as well as Human Resources departments ensuring payroll accuracy and integrity. Each client is managed per their individual needs and utilizes all aspects of the professional employer organization. I administer all production support, working closely with other business partners such as benefits, Tax, Accounting, 401(K), IT, and I'm responsible for all client system training and customer service. I work within a team reporting to the Vice-President of Operations, COO, and CFO, and meet regularly with clients and employees of those clients to ensure customer satisfaction in all areas.
- Payroll Manager at NATIONAL PEO/VENSURE
- SUPERVISOR GROUND PAYROLL at AMERICAN AIRLINES
- PAYROLL ACCOUNT MANAGER at Diversified Human Resource
- PAYROLL SUPERVISOR at LESLIE'S POOLMART
3 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - English/Secondary Education
EAN Services, LLC-Contact Center
(Subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, Inc.) St. Louis, MO 2011 - 2018
Oversight of multi-state payroll for 2.3K employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws along with payroll processing staff and systems. Reviewed and analyzed payroll phases, benefits, and tax procedures to recommend/implement changes leading to best-practice operations. Coordinated regular preparation of relevant management reports. Recruited potential job candidates and interviewed and evaluated qualified applicants. Appraised job performance of payroll supervisor. Coached and mentored team members towards future advancement opportunities.
• Investigated multi-state payroll compliance requirements (17 new states for workforce expansion).
• Completed state account registrations for income tax withholding and unemployment accounts to be established for the legal entity.
• Documented through reporting and summary analysis, U.S. states that have favorable compliance requirements related to payroll for business operations within the state versus other states.
• Evaluated workflow processes to enhance functionality, workflow documentation and efficiency.
• Facilitated and prepared Adobe Connect presentation outlining key information required by HR team and Payroll team, reaching operations in 19 states, managers and employees in 4 time zones, through necessitated training.
• Organized and improved workflow structure through collaboration with HR team to train HR coordinators and team managers on key responsibilities for efficient business operations.
• Advocated with HR team for standardized timeline for pay increases to employees allowing for prompt and consistent operational processing for Payroll team.
• Initiated online web meetings with department managers and remote stakeholders to interact with team, enhancing understanding and creating rapport on both sides of daily operations.
• Generated reporting for Director of Operations highlighting salary and commissions paid in 5 year period leading to new commission structure for 990 employees-managers and associates.
• Researched/ developed report analyzing current minimum wage rates in 19 operational U.S. states including projected rise for 5 years. HR team formulated starting wage for all entry level and 1st year performance pay range increases.
• Evaluated sick leave pay for 3 year look back period. Management decision to outsource leave of absence administration to third party vendor resulted in overall 25% operational cost savings.
• Expanded insights/awareness towards working more cooperatively within Payroll team by presenting topics related to diversity and inclusion – cultural differences, bias, unconscious bias, and gender stereotypes, utilizing TED Talks and other resources.
• Harmonized employee relations within team to handle relationships thoughtfully and empathetically, producing environment of recognition where all points of view were heard and considered.
- Payroll Manager at EAN SERVICES,LLC (Subsidiary-Enterprise Holdings, Inc.)
- Payroll Help Desk Supervisor at ENTERPRISE HOLDINGS, INC.
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Business Administration
- Associate of Science - (AS), Business Administration
As the Payroll Manager for the Department of Labor & Employment, I work very closely with Human Resources, Accounting and Budget to ensure that payroll, time & leave and labor allocation processes run smoothly. I manage a payroll department of four to process a complex payroll for 1400 employees. I balance payrolls, audit and clear balance sheets and maintain account templates in CORE accounting and labor distribution, Kronos time and leave and CPPS payroll and HR systems. I worked very closely with the Kronos upgrade team to move from Kronos 5.2 to Kronos 8.0. Tested both systems in depth in preparation of the upgrade. I also work with client level payrolls for the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation within CDLE for a biweekly payroll that processes through a system named CLEAR. As a supervisor, I learned to lead people by looking at the big picture and always jumping in and helping reach our goals. In early 2017, I was recruited to be the State Test Lead for the agencies for the payroll portion of the statewide HRIS upgrade that will standardize processes for all state agencies. In this role, I have created configuration, end to end and user acceptance tests to ensure that the system will work for the agencies unique processes and policies. I work closely with employees at all of the state agencies to determine the scenarios that will most represent their business needs as well as those that may prove to test the limits of the system as well as the role changes for employees within human resources and payroll resulting from the new system. I have written scenarios, navigated the system, triaged and logged defects. In the testing, I have learned to navigate the payroll, time & leave and labor distribution portions of CGI Advantage. I have trained on the processes and integrations from Workday, Mulesoft, and CGI Advantage that are necessary for the flow of information to be successful. In addition, I will be testing outside vendor integrations so that Benefit Solver, PERA and employee self-service through Hyland to ensure that accurate information flows to all outside vendors as well as to the employees. During this project, I have learned the complexity of the security and workflow of the new system as well and the intricacy of the integrations.
- Payroll Manager at STATE OF COLORADO
- Payroll Analyst at STATE OF COLORADO
- Payroll Liabilities Accountant at STATE OF COLORADO
- Finance Technician at BLACK HILLS CORPORATION
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science - Political Science
Serving as the payroll manager with one direct report. Processing bi-weekly, multi-state payrolls for 19 entities, totaling 550 employees. Upload, verified, and processed monthly commission payroll for all sales employees. Processed off cycle payrolls based on the needs of the company. Currently reconcile state and federal taxes, along with tax registration for any new companies Upwell acquires. Research and reply to employee inquiries in a timely manner with professionalism. Proficient on Ultimate Software HRIS/Payroll system and Ultimate Time Management. Actively involved in the implementation of a new HRIS for the Upwell environment.
- Payroll Manager at Upwell Health, formally Alliance Health
- Payroll Administrator at Alliance Health
- Payroll Administrator at Progrexion
- HR Administrator at Progrexion
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree - Sociology
As a Payroll Manager at Back to Basics Behavioral Health Services, my responsibility is to oversee and direct the payroll process by collecting, calculating, and entering payroll data. I also maintain and update records, resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions.
- PAYROLL MANAGER at BACK TO BASICS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES
- OFFICE MANAGER at BACK TO BASICS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES
- SALES PERSONAL at OFFICE GALLERY
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELORS - HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY STUDIES
25 years serving the needs of companies large and small. Time and Attendance, compensation, migration of accounting/payroll systems, system upgrades, quarterly and annual tax filing, wage and hour regulations. In house and outsourced payroll experience. I have an excellent background in evaluating payroll departments and recommending and implementing improvements. Authorized to work in the US for any employer Payroll Manager
Scaled Composites - Mojave, CA - Mar 2007 to Feb 2019
• Processing payroll for 500 employees
• Managed migration and subsequent upgrades of Kronos Timekeeping
• Supported implementation of updated time off policies
• Streamlined payroll processes
• Quarterly and Annual tax reporting/filing: 941,940, DE9, DE9C, W2
• Implementation lead for migration to ADP
- Payroll Manager at Scaled Composites
- Payroll Manager at Jay Nolan Community Services
- Payroll Coordinator at KB Homes
- Payroll Manager at Automated Training Systems
11 years, 11 months at this Job
Gloria D. Chavez
9402 Hazelton Lane 210-386-4378 (cell)
San Antonio, TX 78251[email protected]
Conscientious professional with over 35 years of payroll experience and a proven ability to obtain results. A self-motivated learner, who is highly energetic, possesses a high degree of dedication, and ability to achieve results. Professional Experience
Tesoro Companies, Inc.San Antonio, TX
Payroll Manager2011 - 2015
• Provided daily leadership for all transactional and operational payroll, employment tax, and accounting activities for Payroll Department.
• Partnered and led key cross-functional process improvements, business transformations, and automation projects. Identified and implemented process improvements.
• Set departmental goals in alignment with corporate objectives.
• Prepared and monitored budgets, performance metrics, SOX controls, and service level agreements.
• Led training initiatives, performance management, succession planning, and development for 8 employees.
• Provided support for monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close, including Trial Balance review. Payroll Supervisor2008 – 2011
• Assisted Manager with designing team structure, roles, and responsibilities to support workload.
• Enforced and monitored team policies to ensure compliance with internal controls.
• Active participant in establishing team goals and objectives, including performance standards.
• Monitored related businesses processes to identify process improvements that facilitate high quality, effective, and efficient services.
• Facilitated special project teams based on need and team objectives by serving as functional business lead. Examples of projects where I served as the functional business lead include acquisitions and mergers, automation of expense reimbursement process to run through payroll systems, creation of online time management tools to eliminate manual time cards, and internal and external audits.
• Coach and provide feedback to team members regarding performance for continued development.
• Responsible for recruitment of high quality team members as needed. Gloria D. ChavezPage 2 Associate III2005 – 2007
• Assumed sole responsibility of payroll processing for all locations.
• Generated and reported bi-weekly payroll processing metrics to management.
• Participated as needed in system testing for various system modifications/upgrades.
• Managed time interface processes from other systems for time evaluation for coordination of payroll processing.
• Responsible for providing SAP payroll data reporting/exports at varying frequencies to Federal and State Agencies. Payroll Coordinator 2002 – 2005 Continued previously defined job responsibilities and assumed additional responsibilities that included:
• Processed off cycle payroll checks for all locations.
• Facilitated the implementation of EFT and supporting documentation to third party agencies for voluntary employee deductions.
• Monitored and reviewed unclaimed check reports by communicating with former employees as needed to resolve unclaimed funds.
• Facilitated in the transition of outsourcing unemployment claims processing.
• Cross-trained employees from Auburn HR service center for time entry for retail employees. Payroll Clerk1998 – 2002
• Assisted in the implementation of SAP software for internal administration of payroll processing.
• Performed time entry for corporate and marine service employees.
• Assisted in the coordination of payroll processing for all locations.
• Provided payments and supporting documentation to third party agencies for voluntary employee deductions. Education
• Oliver Wendell Homes High School
• 2 years undergraduate study at St. Phillips College for Business Administration
• Completed Dale Carnegie’s Effective Speaking and Human Resources course
- Payroll Manager at Tesoro Companies, Inc.
17 years, 2 months at this Job
2007 - 2013
• Accounts receivables: Ensure that all incoming and outgoing statements are processed in a timely manner.
• Payroll manager: Processed accurate payroll for all salaried and hourly employees, managing all deductions and exemptions and completing this all within the payroll deadlines.
• Assistant office manager: Assisted in all aspects of the dealerships clerical process including Department of Motor Vehicles titling and manufacturer specific responsibilities.
• Warranty Administrator: Processed all manufacturer vehicle warranty claims maintaining all required processes and procedures and maintaining a thirty day payment timeframe.
• Marketing Assistant: responsible for the accounting of all marketing vendors. Created a yearly budget for all dealerships and all departments including weekly and monthly marketing plans. Sales Strategies Group
- Payroll manager at Dodge
- Inside Sales at Omnitech Park
- Customer Relations Manager at Palmer Distributing Inc
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in History - History