Columbus, Georgia Specializes in supporting computer systems, printers, network connectivity and systems imaging. PC Support Technician, (Feb 2014 - Feb 2019) 40 Hours per week. $36,000-$46,000 annual
Support and maintain computer systems, desktops and peripherals. Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, provide end user training, support and assistance where required. Receive, inventory, issue as required, and maintain accountability of all IT equipment purchased by the hospital.
• Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors and troubleshoots end user workstation and associated hardware, networked peripheral devices and networking hardware products.
• Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommends and implements corrective hardware solutions, as needed.
• Works with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
• Receives and responds to incoming calls, pages and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems. Diagnose, evaluate, and resolve customer issues to customer satisfaction.
• Liaises with, and provides training and support to end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
• Develops and maintains an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment.
• Rebuild and maintain Picture Archiving Communications Systems (PACS) to achieve greater performance in processing and resolution.
• Maintain confidentiality of all patient information (PHI) and (PII) in order to comply with HIPAA and associated federal and state standards. Previous Experience
- PC Support Technician at St Francis Hospital
- Hardware Technician, bench technician at Computer Service and Network Center
- MD at Solutions, Inc
- Hands-on, tenth-year, career technician at U.S. Army Veteran
5 years at this Job
- BS in Information Technology - Information Assurance and Security. Summa
Serving as initial point of contact for Personal Computer Support leading a team of 3 support Technicians.
• Supports Users with: user accounts, setup of computers and printers, installation and termination of network cabling, installation and upgrading of computer software applications and operating systems.
• Initially Installed and configured Cisco 4331 Router and 3650 switches for the corporate LAN (125 users).
• LAN administration: IOS upgrades, Router /Switch / VLAN configurations and port assignments, documentation and backup of LAN device configurations, Monitoring LAN performance and security.
• Managing servers, routers, switches computers, printers, thin clients and other devices on the network.
• Identifies and resolves various hardware, software, network, and user reported issues that arise.
• Cabled two modular office buildings, redesigned and terminated all connections to punch down blocks in the data cabinet, made patch cables for end user computing devices.
• Hand Receipt holder - Managing inventory lists of computers, peripherals, hardware components, and licensing and support agreements.
• SharePoint Site Owner 401st ASG-URS user access, permissions, pages, content creation, Acts as a resource to staff and clients on new software applications, hardware, server, and technology changes.
• Ensures stability and security of network by regularly monitoring systems, trouble-shooting potential problems, and escalating issues to the appropriate level for immediate resolution.
• Outlined operating procedures and performance objectives for my duty position. 2017 - present PC Support Technician - IT Specialist URS Federal Services Inc / AECOM (APS 5 Kuwait)
- PC Support Technician - IT Specialist at URS Federal Services
- Lead Heavy Equipment Mechanic at Heavy Equipment
- MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN at ITT GMASS
- Mechanic at Heavy Equipment
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - technical and engineering
- - Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Diploma - Computer Science
- - Pre Engineering
- Certificate - Engine Rebuilding
* Quickly deliver PC and printer support to 15 departments in corporate setting * Assist users with both software and hardware troubleshooting * Manage and deploy incoming supply of new equipment * Explain implemented solutions to users using understandable terms * Backup and restore user accounts onto new computers
- PC Support Technician at Chester County Justice Center
- IT Help Desk Representative at West Chester University of Pennsylvania
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Security Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Provide technical PC, Mac support services for deans, administrators, faculty, staff, student, online courses, classrooms and labs.
• Ensure that Mac's, PC's, Tablets, loaner laptops and printers are maintained and operating effectively and that employees, faculty, and students have the technical support needed to complete their work.
• Set up, configure software to MAC/PC systems and ensure systems are operating to standards according to NYU protocol.
• Perform basic maintenance to offsite and in-house equipment repairs to propriety equipment that include Dell SFFs, Dell Laptops, IMACs, MAC Book PROs, and Tablets.
• Remotely install software and configuration settings, add systems to Active Directory and register with DNS manager.
• Assist users with Microsoft office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Responsible for the installation and de-installation of PC's, laptops, and projectors for training staff.
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
• Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
• Refer major hardware/software problems or defective products to vendors/technicians for service.
• Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems, installation activities and remedial action taken.
• Configure client equipment to connect to network and/or domain resources, run necessary financial software, and misc. applications.
- PC Support Technician III at New York University
- Consultant at Credit Suisse
11 years, 1 month at this Job
Duties as one of the PC Support Techs, we rotated from phone/remote support, Regional (Location to Location) at multiple clinical locations, Local Service Tech Support and projects that were done after hours and weekends. Handled Level 1 and Level 2 IT Support and Desktop support, Install/troubleshoot printers and scanners, Administered Windows Active Directory Accounts and Network Share Drives, On Call 7-day week rotation once every 5 to 6 weeks, Imaged ThinClient computers via NAC System and assigned network groups for pc's, laptops, cell phones and MACs.
- PC Support Technician at MIS Department
- Internal Support Engineer at MedHOK LLC
- Linux System Administrator / Network Hardware Technician at MedHOK LLC
- IT Technical Support/Desktop Support at Transaction Data System
1 year at this Job
Job Duties Performed:
•Virtualization in VMWare using Zero Clients, VM Manager and Vsphere
• Networking: switches, routers, hubs, cat5 cable making, tracing, and installation, WIFI setup and support, LAN and WAN environment setup and support and tcp/ipv4 configuration
• Computers: pc/laptop repair and replacement of RAM, Hard Drives, Motherboards, Graphics Processing Unit, Power Supplies, Screens, Monitors, virus, malware and spyware removal and software installation
• Operating Systems: Windows 2007, 2008 and 2010 installation, reformatting, repair and reconfiguration, UNIX and Linux installation and configuration. MAC OS installation and configuration.
• Peripherals: inkjet/laser jet, Xerox network configuration and support and scanner set up and support, point of sale printer setup and support, point of sale support
• Servers: Windows Servers 2003 and up to 2016, active directory setup and configuration per users and computers, DHCP and DNS lookup and registry, Windows Exchange Servers set up for user emails and terminal logins for point of sale and configuration
• Helpdesk: help desk software support using a ticketing system used in submission of reporting information technology issues throughout all of our properties accounting and call center for request coming through the system
• Other: audio/video setup and support using projectors, projector screens, multi channel mixer boards for audio input and output, multi or single Bluetooth speaker setups, HDMI, VGA and DVI setups for audio/video input and output
- PC Support Technician at Burroughs and Chapin
- I.T. Specialist at Legacy Business Solutions
- Inventory Management at Sears Holding Group
- Frontend Web Developer at Rice Computer Solutions
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Associates - Computer Science
Use ticketing system, answer calls, and respond to emails from users about needing technical support for various applications and email. Reset and unlock passwords for users on Windows and email through IBM Notes and Reimaging and building new PCs and making sure they have all necessary software, updates, and patches needed for the user/users. Adding new or rebuilt PCs to the domain and making sure they are in the correct user groups through Active Directory. Configuring printers for network usage including copying, faxing, and scanning capabilities. Experience in Windows 7 to 10 transitioning as well as new PC deployments at different locations.
- PC Support Technician at First Financial Bank
- Remote Desktop Support Technician at Geek Squad
- Registrar at Regional Hospital
- Desktop Support Technician at Geek Squad
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Information Technology
Nuance Communications, Inc.) Lead technical support technician for delivery services to a worldwide attack of malware, which affected workstations, laptop, and tablets. Servicing the main office in Burlington, due to ransomware, step for security, and remediation were preformed, from break-fix replacement of solid state hard drives, reimaging to drives to Microsoft Window 7 through 10, MBR, Harding with Falcon Sensor, setting up outside wireless network for Dell, Hp and apple products.
- Lead PC Support Technician at MAIN STREAM COMPUTERS
- Desktop Support Specialist at Robert Half Technology
- Lead Computer Support Technician at MAIN STREAM COMPUTERS
- Desktop Support Technician at Robert Half Technology
1 year, 9 months at this Job
•Provides IT Tier II/III service center support
•Provides hardware and software support for computers, printers and workstations utilizing both wired and wireless networks so that each device is fully functional to include all of the automated tools, software and hardware configurations
•Installs all computer hardware and software to ensure user is fully functional and operational without errors, and preserving user's data to be transferred to the new PC Supports new industry developed products and software approved by the Army to become part of the IT infrastructure
•Provides IT support through phone, remote assistance, and on-site service for all users
•Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and instructs users in personal and network computers, as well as peripherals, such as printers, scanners, smart card readers, etc.
- PC Support Technician at People, Technology & Processes, LLC
- Access Control (Part-Time Weekends) at Chenega Integrated Security Solutions
- Systems Administrator at Chameleon Integrated Services
- Security Guard at Alutiiq Security & Technology LLC
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
Working in a team of 10 to ensure the IT services department manages all issues that arise.
• Computer/Network security incident investigation and response experience
• Build Windows images for Deployment Company wide.
• Assist in Windows patch deployment via Ivanti endpoint management software
• Assist in packaging/Scripting applications for software automation using PowerShell, Python and Bash
• Manage users in PBX system via terminal CLi, Avaya Contact Center, Avaya System Management Interface
• Built disaster recovery desktops, assisted in deployment for PC's and VoIP systems for system fallback resources
• Managed the banks Wi-Fi network
• Involved in testing new software/deployments to ensure they met company security standards
• Worked as a liaison between my team and systems engineer teams to ensure proper orchestration
- Desktop PC Support Technician at Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
- Internet Technician at Digital Service Consultants
- Computer Technician Support at Mobile Mind
- Website Designer at Mobile Mind
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology