Charleston, SC 2017 - Current
A progressive and energetic city, where the goal is to grant residents with the best service a city can provide and visitors with the best
vacation or business trip that a city can provide.
Help Desk Technician II / PC Support Technician
• Government Help Desk/field Technical support for Hardware/Software via Phone, Email and Remote Desktop sessions.
• Image and deploy desktop and laptop computers to users, as needed. Maintained data integrity during upgrades.
• Maintain Inventory database of hardware/software setups for all deployed PC desktops, laptops, peripherals, etc.
• Developed an Access database to manage loaner equipment for laptops and peripherals.
• Promoted from Help Desk Technician to Help Desk Technician Level II after first week of employment, dividing time between Help Desk and field support.
• Promoted to full-time PC Support Technician after 3 months of employment.
- Help Desk Technician II / PC Support Technician at City of Charleston
- Service Desk Specialist I at KapStone Paper & Packaging
- Call Center Representative at DialAmerica
- PC Technician / Helpdesk Support at CHARLESTON COUNTY GOVERNMENT
2 years, 5 months at this Job
PC Technician Trouble shooting software and hardware failures, Virus removal, documenting all repairs, and provide excellent customer service and support. Meet with Customers and discuss what problems they are having with PC, Desktop Computer, or Notebook. Write up all information on Asher College intake form. Such as Computer Manufacture, Operating System, Virus Software, and detail information to help assist the PC Clinic Volunteer with what the problem may be with the Computer.Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- PC Support Technician/Help Desk Support at Asher College PC Clinic
- Home Health Care Specialist at Sacramento County
6 months at this Job
- Computer Specialist and Network Technician 3.7 GPA - Information Technology
Onsite Desktop Support Technician for CompuCom / Hub International/ DerManouel insurance, Industrial Commercial Contractors-Stravinski. Network support, DR back up, active directory, hyper-v Virtualization, Cisco switch configuration. Entry level knowledge - MySQL, PHP, HTML, CSS. Full asset inventory and organization. Excel inventory management and SNIPEIT asset tracking. Ecommerce Inventory, Staging, Deployment, Live Support. PXE Server Imaging, loading software. Removed unsupported workstations, planned, installed and cable managed new Workstations. Provided troubleshooting & floor support for 70 users.
Onsite Desktop Support Technician for CompuCom / Hub International/ DerManouel insurance, Industrial Commercial Contractors-Stravinski. Network support, DR back up, active directory, hyper-v Virtualization, Cisco switch configuration. Entry level knowledge - MySQL, PHP, HTML, CSS.
Full asset inventory and organization. Excel inventory management and SNIPEIT asset tracking. Ecommerce
Inventory, Staging, Deployment, Live Support. PXE Server Imaging, loading software. Removed unsupported workstations, planned, installed and cable managed new Workstations. Provided troubleshooting & floor support for 70 users.
- PC Support Technician Contractor at Robert Half Technology
- Technology Consultant at Kaiser Permanente
- Computer Technician at PC Station
- Tech Support at Alorica
11 months at this Job
- Computer Information Technology degree - General Education
20374 Provide IT Help Desk and Information Assurance support as a DoD Contractor to the U.S Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) Chief
Information Officer (CIO) Branch, its field offices and its customers located throughout the U.S. and the U.K. to include military, government civilians, and contractors:
• Awarded an SSP Coin from CDR Keith Fahlemkamp, Commanding Officer at SSP Shipboard Systems Pittsfield as recognition for work accomplished while on-site at the SSP Program Management Office (PMO) in July 2018.
• Awarded a Letter of Commendation from Vice Admiral Terry Benedict, SSP Director, for outstanding work during the command CyberSecurity Inspection in January 2014. Projects
• Provided subject matter expertise in developing procedures for user account management in support of the US/UK Integration Team Project. Through successful brainstorming and collaboration meetings, the project was on target to for a end of month roll out.
• Provided technical support for the IPhone Service Migration Project resulting in the successful upgrade of over 300 IPhones from AT&T to Verizon service. Support included wiping phones, creating profiles on the UEM Client server, completing paperwork, and phone issuance.
• Lead and coordinate large division/branch moves to include account configurations, physical IT asset moves, and assignment of resources; 100% of customer requirement objectives have been met during all recent projects.
• Lead the development of a quick reference manual (QRM) for Help Desk operation efficiency by evaluating internal policy and obtaining feedback from the user community; 40 employees benefit from the QRM daily.
• Provided technical support in the migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This resulted in the successful deployment of over 1200 systems.
• Lead and coordinate the setup of 17 Contract Auditor accounts to include Conference Room reservation, IT Equipment Set up, and ensure specialized applications were functional which resulted in a 100% success rate in completing the audit.
• Lead and coordinate the setup of the SSP Intern Program on a bi-annual basis to include gathering IT Equipment requirements and User Account specifications, which resulted in 20 interns successfully entering into the program.
• Lead and conducted Citrix Application Gateway training to include technical staff at SSP Headquarters and Program Management Offices (PMOs)/Field Sites on the acquisition of user accounts and troubleshooting of connectivity issues.
• Enhanced tracking of trouble calls in regards to walk-ups and in-person interactions at the Help Desk by setting up a Kiosk Machine to provide a method for users to enter their own tickets. Trouble call logging and metrics data resulted in a 25% gain in accuracy. Information Assurance Role
• Create, implement, and manage SSP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical support documents in accordance with SSP operating policies.
• Provide subject matter expertise to 4 divisions and 22 branches regarding current and projected IT policies; research and analysis is conducted on a daily basis to ensure the customer is receiving the most up to date information.
• Knowledge of NIST publications SP 800-37, 800-53 and Risk Management Framework (RMF) in terms of categorizing information systems and how security controls are selected and applied.
• Help develop SSP policies regarding in-processing, out-processing, and other User Account activities in accordance with DISA STIGs, IAVAs, CTOs, Data Calls, DoD, and DoN policies.
• Develop diagrams using Visio to illustrate process flow and clarify complex procedures to include processing internal/external user account requests, network topologies.
• Perform Pre-Install and Post-Install vulnerability scans for new software using ACAS Network Security Scanner to ensure vulnerabilities are not introduced to the network.
• Remediate unpatched/vulnerable machines using ACAS Network Scanner Vulnerability reports as guidance to ensure network is secure and compliant.
• Develop and manage on-boarding process for new employees, both internal and external to the command, to include assisting with user account requirements and providing initial login support, and develop and manage the modification and removal process for user accounts to include data migration and deletion upon out-processing. o Provide guidance on the use and completion of required user access forms. o Provide guidance to new employees on current Help Desk policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). o Advise users on best course of action in regards to software and hardware requirements
• Participate in monthly Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings to present technical and nontechnical findings regarding software requests and user account procedures. 100% of findings have had CCB consideration and approval for configuration process improvement.
• Provide User metrics such as the number of gained and detached users in addition to non-compliant users (missing training certificates and/or user access forms) via reports to the Information Assurance Team on a regular and ad hoc basis. IT Service Role
• Administer IPhones via Blackberry UEM Client to include wiping devices, profile creation, loading user certificates, password resets as well as issuing devices to users.
• Update branch website using Adobe Contribute to upload documentation and provide support information for the user community.
• Periodically write/edit Newsletter articles and command-wide communication such as emails to ensure technical information is clearly disseminated to the user community.
• Develop Tech Tips/Cheat Sheets on various technical topics to ensure proper usage of hardware and software used throughout the command.
• Utilize the Livelink Document Management system to process purchases, software requests, and upload technical documents/procedures for review and approval.
• Assist in the upkeep of the Livelink Document Management system by ensuring user accounts are added and removed as needed.
• Provide basic troubleshooting for Adobe Connect and Cisco WebEx hosted meetings such as page display, connectivity, and audio/video issues.
• Create, modify, delete, and troubleshoot RSA Token (FOB) Accounts using RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 to include unlocking disabled tokens, re-synchronizing tokens, and resetting PINs.
• Assist customers printing large and oversized documents to the plotter on a varying paper types and sizes.
• Transfer data using encrypted media and EncryptDisc software via Hard Drive, CD, and/or DVD upon user request.
• Troubleshoot DataArmor/Bitlocker login issues to include resetting passwords, administering accounts, and laptop boot failures.
• Collaborate with various internal departments such as the Service Desk, Security, Human Resources (OHR) in addition to external government agencies, and business partners to ensure any customer account management related issues to include user accounts and/or IT Equipment are quickly resolved before a user on-boards.
• Manage technician tasks during the on-boarding process to ensure machines are ready by the user's on-board date. Tasks include validation of submitted account request paperwork, machine build-out (proper software is loaded, vulnerabilities are remediated), and machine deployment at user's desk.
• Perform PKI Recovery activities to include downloading certificates, re-publishing certificates, and ensure proper functionality on a user's account (login and e-mail) when a new CAC/PIV Card is issued to the user.
• Manage User Account activities via Microsoft Active Directory to include password resets, unlocking of user accounts and update of user contact information on both unclassified (NIPRNET) and classified (SIPRNET) systems.
• Provide guidance as a Trusted Agent (TA) on issuance and use of SIPRNET PKI Tokens.
• Fluke ports using Net Tool fluking device to obtain switch and port information in response to port security violations.
• Clear/manage port security violations on the network using CiscoWorks software.
• Coordinate physical moves of IT Equipment based on customer requirements.
• Process technical support requests over the phone, email, and in-person walk-ups to the Help Desk.
• Push software and provide remote desktop support via Microsoft SMS/SCCM.
• Support customers from different levels of management and technical backgrounds to include Admirals, SES, and Branch Heads.
• Utilize Remedy/HEAT Service and Support Ticketing System to document and process incoming requests.
• Train and troubleshoot remote access issues with users who are connecting to the system via the Citrix Secure Access Gateway/Netscaler over Broadband VPN Connections.
• Reserve and maintain conference room availability using Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010.
• Provide support and ensure proper functionality and connectivity of the Video Teleconferencing (VTC) System
• Maintain a high level of security by securing facility rooms at the end of the day.
- Senior PC Support Technician at Seneca Solutions
- Office Automation Clerk at U.S. Department of the Interior
- U.S. Department of Defense Education Activity Office Automation Clerk at
- Computer Lab Assistant at Northern Virginia Community College
12 years, 6 months at this Job
- BS in Network Communications Management - Network Communications Management
- AS in General Studies - General Studies
Employment Duration 10 years 10 months Location UNM Hospitals Provide PC workstation support to the computer user population. Assume responsibility for the installation and correction of hardware and software problems at the end-user level. Adhere to ITIL Standards of support
• Participate in hardware and software standardization efforts as appropriate and assigned
• Responsible for the installation and implementation of PC and Workstation systems as they pertain to PC's. installing printers via print server, supporting printers and fixing them when needed.
• Assisted PC and Workstation users with hardware/software and network problems as they pertain to PC's - Responsible for assisting in the implementation of the client side of PC Client/Server applications and users' rights and passwords through Active Directory
• Prepared documentation for computer programs modified and developed complete disassemble and reassemble PC hardware with minimal assistance
• Aided IT Analysts in finding suitable resolutions to hardware and software problems
• Assisted in the care and maintenance of department facilities, equipment, and supplies.
Employment Duration 10 years 10 months
Location UNM Hospitals
Provide PC workstation support to the computer user population. Assume responsibility for the installation and correction of hardware and software problems at the end-user level.
Adhere to ITIL Standards of support
- PC Support Technician at Location UNM Hospitals
- HELP DESK SPECIALIST at Location UNM Hospitals
- Took inbound call for Help desk at T-Mobile
10 years, 9 months at this Job
- BA IN MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS - MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Naval War College New Port RI Maintain Dell Computers supporting 1400 users, Helpdesk Phone support, walk in Customer service at the counter, Senior level support for all aspects of the NWC infrastructure MFP, DAR on Desktop/ laptops supporting, resetting CAC card E-mail address for the GAFG roll-out, CAC enabling SIPR accounts Imaging pc's with Government Applications using Ghost, Moves Adds and Changes for employees and Students Of the college. Keep inventory of location of PC's and Monitors in stock and installed at the campus using Bell Hawk inventory system. Create a check list of equipment that is deployed that is signed by the receiving user. DOD clearance 10/2008 DOD courier clearance 12/2008.
- PC support technician at Lockheed Martin
- Lead technician at S @ A Computer
- PC Support Specialist at Bank of America / Call Center
- Network Technician at Mass Mutual insurance Company
10 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Google Apps for Government
Provided desktop support administrator that excels in client support Carry out day to day tasks of monitoring and maintaining and deployments company-wide computers ❖ Supported VPN, Adobe Products, MS Office, engineering software ❖ Deploy Windows 10, MAC's, Linux Red Hat, IOS, android & IPhone Support ❖ Active Directory User and Computer Management ❖ Hard Drive encryption for file protection and to keep company information safe. ❖ Build and Configure Computer Desktops/Laptops using SCCM ❖ Maintain record of daily problems, remedial action taken, and installation ❖ Troubleshot Hardware and Software issues for users Installs, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance
- PC Support Technician II at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
- PC Support Technician II at Gerdau Reinforcing Steel
- Retail Technician I at NCR
- Technical Support Associate at Getronics / CompuCom
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - computer and information system Security
- A.S. - Information Technology
Torrance, California 90503 [email protected] 310 591 0955
• Manage and administer IT devices, laptops and computers (wired and wireless)
• Served as initial point of contact for customer inquiries, solved technical issues and escalated issues to appropriate support personnel
• Perform equipment installations, peripheral connections, installation and deletion of software consistent with standard configurations and/or established policies
• Provide basic assistance for commonly used office automation applications
• Maintains accurate software and hardware Inventory.
• Operates hardware and software as required to perform data processing tasks.
Torrance, California 90503
[email protected] 310 591 0955
- PC Support Technician at Pride Industries
- Service Order Dispatcher at Pride Industries
- Administrative Assistant (intern) at Braille Institute
- Office Clerk/Receptionist at HEB Hospital
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Information Systems
- Associate Degree in Business Administration - Business Administration
Desktop hardware, peripheral and software support, desktop software image management. Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software, maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses. Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required, manage desktop and software deployment standards.
- PC SUPPORT TECHNICIAN at ALCORE INC.
- DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN II at KOHL'S WAREHOUSE
- DESKTOP ANALYST at AARONS SERVICE CENTER
3 years, 11 months at this Job
Responsibilities include: preventative maintenance and monitoring of hardware (desktops, laptops, tablets, AV equipment, copiers, and peripherals) and software with appropriate upgrades and updates. Hardware setup, installation, moves and disposition, including inventory maintenance. Software configuration and installation, including creating, testing, and deployment of desktop images. Printer troubleshooting, including coordinating with vendors to assist in configuration. Complete assigned help desk tickets and document tickets with accurate and timely information on request and resolution. User account support, including password resets, group memberships, and file share access. Train and support faculty, staff, and students in how to better use technology. Train and support IT student work study staff. Deploy, maintain, and monitor Anti-virus software.
- PC Support Technician at Bay Path University
- Business Office Manager at Chapin Center Nursing Home
- Health Claims Specialist Instructor at Branford Hall Career Institute
- Billing Specialist at Pioneer Spine & Sport Physicians
5 years at this Job
- Certificate in Computer Networking Technology