As a pediatric dental assistant, I took the necessary X-rays. During exams, I listened to the Dr carefully, charted and made the appropriate notes. I would teach the '5 and under' children how to brush and instructed the parents on good brushing techniques. I also assisted the Dr in treatments such as IV Sedation, Moderate Oral Sedation and Nitrous Oxide that included composite restorations, stainless steel crowns, pulpotomies, extractions and space maintainers. During these treatments I had to make sure the appropriate paperwork was filled out along with vital signs both pre op and post op, patient weight and oxygen levels.
- Pediatric Dental Assistant at ENCHANTED FOREST PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
- Pediatric Dental Assistant at WOODLANDS PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
- Pediatric Dental Assistant at STAGECOACH CHILDREN'S DENTAL CENTER
- Insurance Verifier at TEX-DENT, INC
5 months at this Job
- Dental Assistant Certification
- High school
I work as a pediatric dental assistant in the hygiene area. I assist the doctorand/or hygienist while she cleaned and checked for cavities. I took X-rays. And I did my very best to make sure the kid's felt comfortable at the dentist as well as making sure the parents stayed happy with their child's visit.
- Pediatric Dental Assistant at Athens Area Pediatric Dentistry
- Pediatric Dental Assistant at North Georgia Pediatric Dentistry
- Human Resources Assistant at Raytheon Training Academy
- All standard dental assisting duties at Ocean Dental
4 months at this Job
- GED Certificate
Provide all services required to facilitate the treatment of pediatric patients in a dental setting.
- Pediatric Dental Assistant at Nova Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
- Dental Assistant/Lactation Coordinator at Ashburn Children's Dentistry
- Client Services Representative /Catering Manager at Knowledge Development Centers
- Event Manager at Lansdowne Conference Resort
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture - design
Dentix Ascend, Curve Hero, Assist with pediatric dental procedures pulps, stainless steel crowns, Strip crowns, Kinder crowns, coronal polishing, impressions for space maintainers, delivery of space maintainers, sealant application, fluoride application, N2O certification, behavior management, sterilization, OSHA & HIPAA Compliance, TMC,
- Certified Pediatric Dental Assistant at Southern Smiles Pediatric Dentistry
- Certified Dental Assistant at Brite Care Dental
- Lead Certified Dental Assistant at Dr. Walter S. Scott & Associates
- Certified Dental Assistant at Family Dentistry Dr. Valerie Wynn- Hall
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Biology
- Associates - General Education
- Associates of Arts
- Dental Assisting Diploma
* Performed administrative duties to include; managing demanding patient load, preparing appropriate forms and documents for patient care, managing schedule, and ensuring quality of all records within the pediatric department. * Proficiency in databases and software used within the hospital. * Performed coronal polishing and routine hygiene cleaning for pediatric patients. * Assisted in dental charting for routine care visits. * Assisted in urgent and non-urgent operative dental procedures for pediatric patients with or without moderate sedation. * Assisted in the operating room with comprehensive dental treatment and extraction cases under general anesthesia. * Managed scheduling operating room patients, including coordinating schedules within multiple departments in the hospital and follow up appointments.
- Pediatric Dental Assistant at U.S. Naval Hospital Rota Dental Clinic
- American Red Cross Dental Assistant Volunteer at U.S. Naval Hospital Rota Dental Clinic
- Revenue Integrity Project Coordinator at University of Utah Hospital and Clinics
- Administrative Assistant at University of Utah Hospital and Clinics
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Finance - Business Administration and Bachelor of Science
Dental Assistant at a community-based healthcare facility serving the uninsured and underinsured with a focus on pediatric dentistry. Four handed chair side assisting utilizing and monitoring nitrous oxide. Utilized Dentrix software. Created and performed various community outreach projects with Head Start. Assisted with community outreach programs involving school sealant program and well as well as first visits at WIC offices. Credentialed at Altru Surgical Center
- Pediatric Dental Assistant at VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
- Dental Assistant/Surgical Assistant at CENTER FOR PEDIATRIC DENTAL HEALTH
- Scheduling Coordinator at CENTER FOR PEDIATRIC DENTAL HEALTH
- Dental Assistant at COMMUNITY HEALTH CARE
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - Dental Hygiene Pre
- Certificate of Completion - Dental Assisting
- Associates Degree - Paralegal Studies
EXPERIENCE: Windcrest Pediatric Dentistry March 2016-May 2017| Smile Structure Dentistry & Braces Aug 2015- March 2016 | San Antonio , Tx Pediatric Dental Assistant Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols. Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests. Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments. Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth. Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts. Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances. Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory. Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions. Documents dental care services by charting in patient records. Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols. Trained to assist and perform cleanings and sealants on behaviorally challenged and special needs patients, providing them with individualized care and consideration. Trained to assist Dentists with Restorative, Conscious Sedation, and IV Sedation appointments. Trained to impress for and deliver a variety of Nances, Space Maintainers, and Sagital Appliances. Orthodontic Assistant Responsible for scheduling patient's appointments, prepare patients for record blood pressure. Assisted the doctor with patient care and treatment as bracket placement, direct and indirect bond of porcelain and traditional brackets, fit bands, remove cement from bands using hand scaler, change arch wires, deliver of orthodontic appliance as expanders, forsus, mara and nance appliance. Collected diagnostic, records as pictures, cephalometric, panoramic x-rays and charted treatment progress for each patient. Counseled patient and parent the importance of oral hygiene, and care for their teeth while in orthodontic treatment. Maintained smooth flow of information via computer network and also performed sterilization techniques. Give post-operative care instructions as prescribed by the orthodontic by demonstrating good oral hygiene, removable appliances, tooth brushing technique and questioning patients to ascertain home care status, instructing patient/parent in techniques of flossing and brushing in accordance with protocol
- Pediatric Dental Assistant Orthodontist Assistant at Monarch Dental
at this Job
• Acquired, developed, and interpreted Panoramic, Bite-wing, Periapical, and Occlusal radiographs.
• Performed oral prophylaxis, fluoride treatments and sealants.
• Provided patient health education to children and parents.
• Responsible for sterilization of instruments.
• Successfully assisted the dentist by performing four-handed dentistry and other chair-side duties.
• Accurately recorded treatment information in patient records.
• Instructed patients on dental hygiene practices such as proper tooth-brushing and flossing
- Pediatric Dental Assistant at Lone Star Pediatric Dental Braces
- Surgical Assistant at Yukon Oral Surgery (405-577-7744)
- Part time Waitress at Saki
- Surgical Assistant at OKC OMS (405-463-0004)
4 months at this Job
- - Medical
Pediatric Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant at Walker Pediatric Dentistry
- Research Assistant at Advanced Clinical Research
- Dental Assistant at Robison Family Dental
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Some college
- Dental Assistant Training
Providing parents and children oral hygiene advice perfom prophylaxis take dental x-rays some chairside assisting
- Pediatric dental assistant at Sunkidz Pediatric Dentistry
- Pediatric Dental Assistant at
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Diploma - Dental assisting
- Some college