As a pediatric medical assistant, I have more than 10 years' experience in working side by side with a pediatrician and building relationships with the patients and their parents. I gave injections and got the patients vitals. I assisted with different procedures such as sutures, circumcisions, and casting broken bones. Ten years of experience with electronic medical records. I’ve also managed the phones, scheduled appointments and helped patients get their questions answered. I managed the Vaccine for Children program as well as the Reach Out and Read program. I am self motivated, a hard worker, and very detail oriented.
- Pediatric Medical Assistant at Warren Clinic
13 years, 11 months at this Job
- Medical Assisting - Medical Assisting
- Some college
• Lead Medical Assistant for Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
• EHR Super-User/ Trainer for all new employees.
• Prepare treatment and exam rooms.
• Room patients and collect vital signs, reason for visit and lab specimens and record required paperwork/charting.
• Prepare, document and administer immunizations under the direction of the Provider.
• Assist patients with specialist appointments, referrals, follow-up appointments, and patient education.
• Call patients with test results, prescription changes and refills, and preventative care reminders.
• Collect blood samples; administer bilirubin, RSV, flu, strep, lead and hemoglobin tests.
- PEDIATRIC MEDICAL ASSISTANT at RIGGS COMMUNITY HEALTH CLINIC
- ELECTROCARDIOGRAM TECHNICIAN at TELEMETRY
- PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN at FRANCISCAN ST. ELIZABETH HEALTH
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - GENERAL
Pediatric Medical Assistants include giving patients physicals in order to measure their height, weight, blood pressure, and pulse; processing urine and stool cultures; and wiping down rooms, tables, and beds with sanitary wipes... Trained to the EPIC EMR system
- Pediatric Medical Assistant at Valley Ranch Pediatric
- Insurance Agent at Lopez Auto Insurance
- Medical Assistant at Womens specialty center
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical assistant
- Diploma - School
Triaged approximately 20 - 25 children daily; document patient's history and update demographics, perform injections and vital signs, assist doctor during appointments, prepare exam rooms for treatment, urinalysis, schedule appointments, diagnostic tests and follow-up visits. I am currently working at front desk of a pediatric office as a receptionist. I am responsible for the verification of insurance, referrals, and patient demographic information, collects co-pays, schedules appointments, and I also have excellent prioritization skills, decision-making, multi-tasking skill which are essential as medical receptionist.
- Pediatric Medical Assistant at
- Medical Assistant Extern at Philadelphia Department of Health
- Receptionist at Chesterfield Hotel
- at Falcon Crest Investment Limited
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Diploma - Anatomy & Physiology
Proficient in Allscripts EMR for medical data entry, Allscripts PM scheduling program, perform all vitals, vaccines and inoculations, EKGs, glucose and A1Cs, neb treatments, set up exams and minor procedures with sterile field, cleaning and removal of biohazard materials and equipment per OSHA regulations, audiograms, vision screening, ear lavages, suture and staple removal, urinalysis, throat cultures, specimen prep, communication with all other clinical departments, flu clinics, patient education, phone answering, schedule prep for following day.
- Pediatric Medical Assistant at Acton Medical Associates
- Patient Care Technician at Emerson Hospital
- SGT Generator Engineer / Medic at Army National Guard
- Medical Assistant at Community Health Connections
7 years at this Job
- Associates Degree in Medical Sciences - Medical Sciences
- Associate - Medical Assistant
Responsibilities · Prepared chart for pt. encounter. Took appropriate documentation. Used copy, fax and clinic email for Medical office duties. · Assisted by rooming patients, taking vitals, gathering required information for walk in appointments or well child checks. Looked up vaccine record thru Immitrac. · Helped pediatrician with translating from English to Spanish for pt. better understanding. · Followed up on pt’s lab or X-ray results. Called pt’s to inform of pediatrician instructions. Called in prescriptions. · Some experience with sending labs thru CPL · Worked with doctor assisting ADHD pt’s. Informed pt. of proper instructions on evaluations and follow-up appointments and explained medication to pt’s guardians. · Prepared rooms for procedures, performed RST’s and Flu tests as well as HCG’s and UA’s, ear lavage, HCT and CBC. Appliedi njections. Performed many other duties in a high level fast pased pediatric clinic Skills Used Translation from English/Spanish.
- Pediatric Medical Assistant at Carousel Pediatrics
- Caretaker at Carole Preston
- Medical Assistant at Bunker Vein and Imaging
- Medical Receptionist at Lakeway Pediatrics
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associate - Associates Degree In Health Science
- Phlebotomy Certification - Phlebotomy
- - General Coursework
Check in patients, check insurance, answer phones, schedule appointments. Phelbomty, injections, vitals, lab work, order supplies
- Pediatric Medical Assistant at Sunflower pediatric
- Bartender/Server at Highline Cafe
- Call Care Specialist at Merryman House
at this Job
- - Medical Assistant
Obtain patient vitals Obtain measurements and vitals patients Administer children vaccinations Work one on one with provider Assist with pediatric catheters Work well with children and their parents Send out specimens to lab
- Pediatric Medical Assistant at Macomb Pediatric Associates
- Medical Assistant at Obstetrics and Gynecology Dr. Carol M. Fischer D.O.
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Medical Assistant - Medical Assisting
- High School Diploma - High School
Vitals/measurements on children/teenagers. Visual acuity & hearing test. Capillary blood draw for CBC, lead and lipid panel testing. Intradermal, subcutaneous & intramuscular injections. Performed rsv, flu & strep testing. Urinalysis/cultures. Ear irrigation. Ear piercing prep. Asthma treatments. Administer medication. Vaccines storage and temperature recordings. Inventory stocking. Front desk/call center.
- Pediatric Medical Assistant at Capitol Medical Group
- Pediatric Receptionist at Pediatric Associates of Montgomery of Montgomery County
- Nurse Assistant part time at University Center for Ambulatory Surgery
- Medical Assistant Extern at Emurgent Care
3 years, 2 months at this Job
• Room patients
• Vital signs
• EMR- EPIC
• Exam room preparation
• Quality control testing
• Point of care testing
• Assist providers with procedures
• Prior Authorization
• Clean/restock exam rooms
• Schedule Appointments
- Pediatric Medical Assistant at Southboro Medical Group
- Receptionist/ Representative at ShotVet
- Shift Manager at McDonald's
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - General Studies