• Evaluate, plan and provide individual therapy to children ages 2-18 diagnosed.
• Established treatment with a caseload of over 45 patients. Provide individual and group therapy to children diagnosed with, but not limited to, autism spectrum disorder, global developmental delay, Down’s Syndrome, fine and gross motor delays, and sensory integration deficits.
• Functioned as a member of an interdisciplinary team, encouraging parental, teacher, and speech therapy involvement by providing training and education.
• Observed experienced therapists daily in their treatment sessions and received mentorship
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at Wellesley Pediatric Occupational Therapist
- Advanced Doctoral Experience at MGH Institute of Health Professions
- Level II Fieldwork Student at Kara Dodds and Associates
- Level II Fieldwork Student at Cleveland Clinic Lutheran Hospital
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor's of Science - Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
as a placement for a travel therapy position. As a pediatric occupational therapist, I obtained a full caseload and treated the students based on their goals written in their IEP's. Initial and re-evaluations as well as updating goals and IEP's was also a requirement.
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at Cupertino Union School District
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at Lovington School District
- cashier part time at
- TeamWorks Facilitator at Keuka College
2 months at this Job
- Masters Degree In Occupational Therapy - Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor Of Science In Occupational Science - Occupational Science
- Regents Diploma
Pediatric Occupational Therapist
• Center designed to access and remediate children difficulty in sensory processing affecting learning. With the use sensory integrative approach using the use fine-motor and gross motor play to help children developmental techniques in the area motor play approach. KidAbilities- Hawthorne NY
• Center designed to access and remediate children difficulty in sensory processing affecting learning. With the use sensory integrative approach using the use fine-motor and gross motor play to help children developmental techniques in the area motor play approach. Children Rehabilitation Center
• Worked EI and CPSE children.
• Caseload of children that have been diagnosed with Left and Right Hemiplegia, Cerebral Palsy, Spinal Cord Injuries, Peripheral Nerve Injuries, Multiple Sclerosis, Down Syndrome, Developmental Global Delays, Upper Extremity Low Tone and High Muscle Tone
• Worked on increasing hand function strengthening, extensor zones, flexor zones, and handwriting fine motor skills, grasp pincer est.
• Worked on improving postural control, increasing bilateral Integration skills, unilaterally with affected arm, improve praxis and motor planning, decrease edema and swelling, tactile sensation, proprioceptive and kinesthetic, visual perceptual, splinting.
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at TheraCare Agency
- Radial club hand, Tendon Injury at Field Works
- Clinical Fieldwork at State of New York Mental Health
- at Samaritan Hospital of Rehabilitation
at this Job
- Associate - Occupational Therapy
Independent Contractor Occupational Therapist specializing in Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, CP and intellectual disability at private pediatric clinics in Irvine, CA.
• Select and implement assessment protocol
• BRIEF2, SPM, ABAS, Test of Handwriting Skills, Beery VMI/Battery, skilled observation, work sample analysis
• Write goals and design/implement client-centered treatment plans for children ages 5-18
• Beckman Oral Motor/Pre-feeding, sensory integrative techniques, PNF
• Perform school observations and contribute to reports for independent educational evaluation
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at Self Employed
- Occupational Therapist at Park Anaheim HealthCare Center
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at Newport Mesa Unified School District
- Professional Expert, Creative and Performing Arts at San Diego Unified School District
2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy - Occupational Therapy
- Master of Fine Arts in Acting - Acting
- Bachelor of Arts
• Skillfully developed, implemented, and documented client-centered plans of care that measurably enhanced the development, function, skills, and independence of children with disabilities.
• Accurately determined each patient's functional status and level of independence, accounting for the unique needs of each patient and his or her family, through professional and engaging assessment and clinical observation.
• Maximized effective interdisciplinary care and carryover from treatment sessions to everyday life through maintained communication with caregivers, families, other therapists, and staff.
• Facilitated evidence-based practice, patient care, and optimal outcomes through continuing education and research on pediatric occupational therapy practice.
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at KidsCare Home Health
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist Student at Kidz Therapeze
- Occupational Therapist Student at Amarillo VA Medical Center
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist Student at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
10 months at this Job
- Master of Occupational Therapy - Occupational Therapy
- B.S - Exercise Science
• Outpatient pediatric clinic focusing on development of sensory integration, fine and gross motor skills, self-care skills, social skills, feeding skills, oral motor skills and coping strategies for attention, anxiety, and self-calming. Responsible for evaluation and development of treatment plans. Carryout of treatment plan and development of home programming with collaboration of families and caretakers to facilitate adequate progress towards goals.
• Student coordinator for Maple Grove and New Hope clinics for physical and occupational therapy students. Responsible for supporting and guiding clinical instructors, assisting students with set-up of fieldwork experiences and developing students' skill as a clinical instructor for both level 1 and level II occupational therapy students.
• Responsible for organization of clinic treatment rooms, researching equipment to enhance therapy interventions, and development of and carry through clinic procedures to follow company policy. · EPIC superuser. Helped lead team of therapists through EPIC upgrade and changes by attending additional learning sessions and teaching and problem solving through challenges with team members.
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at Fairview Pediatric Therapy
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at Capernaum Pediatric Therapy, Inc
- Occupational Therapist at Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Occupational Therapist at University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts - Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts - Biology
Provide treatments for children with special needs in outpatient pediatric and school settings
● Collaborate with parents, speech and physical therapists, teachers, and other rehabilitation team members, having an overall goal to implement effective treatment and promote carryover of skills
● Administer standardized assessments and clinical observations to complete comprehensive evaluations and treatment plans
● Utilize various modalities including functional electrical stimulation (FES), kinesiology tape, and serial casting to improve upper extremity function
● Supervise occupational therapy assistants and occupational therapy students
● Compose letters of medical necessity to obtain equipment
● Order, customize, and modify splints and other upper extremity orthotics
● Document services using numerous electronic documentation systems
● Prepare home exercise programs and sensory diets for carryover of treatment in home/school settings
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland
- Occupational Therapist at Encore Rehabilitation Services
- Occupational Therapy Level II Student at In Brief
- Occupational Therapy Level II Student at Billings Clinic, Aspen Meadows Rehabilitation Center
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Occupational Therapy
- B.S. - Health Sciences & B.A
Provide assessment, consult, and treatment to pediatric clients in their natural environment in the home health setting following an integrated model of care. ◦ Conduct age and developmentally-appropriate screenings and evaluations in the home health setting; administering, scoring, and interpreting results of standardized assessments. ◦ Treat pediatric clients with a variety of diagnoses including but not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, Developmental Delay, Chromosomal Abnormalities, and neurological conditions; also addressing deficits with coordination, handwriting, social/play skills, self-care. ◦ Communicate and collaborate with patients' Speech-Language Pathologists, Physical Therapist, Behavioral Consultants, as well as communicating regularly with family/caregivers. ◦ Recommend and carry out developmentally-appropriate plans of care which included functional and measurable goals. ◦ Provide family/caregiver education to facilitate improved outcomes and carryover from therapy sessions. ◦ Implement individualized and creative interventions within the therapy sessions, as well as home exercise programs to ensure optimal outcomes. ◦ Complete documentation and required billing in a timely manner using electronic methods. ◦ Perform discharge planning for clients making appropriate referrals or home programs.
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist at KidsCare Home Health Therapy
- Personal Caregiver at Adolescent
- physical therapist, and speech therapist at CLINICAL INTERNSHIPS/FIELD WORK
- at Cutting Edge Pediatric Therapy
5 months at this Job
- Masters of Occupational Therapy - Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science - Exercise Science
in an outpatient clinic setting
• Evaluated, planned, and implemented individualized interventions for clients with developmental delay, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), neurological impairments, chromosomal disorders, sensory processing and attentional challenges, trauma and related mental health conditions, and various neurodevelopmental and musculoskeletal disorders (ages 0-21).
• Administered The Beery-Buktenica Developmental Test of Visual-Motor Integration, Peabody Developmental Motor Scales-Second Edition, Sensory Profile Caregiver Questionnaire, and Pediatric Evaluation of Developmental Inventory to evaluate clients, inform treatment sessions, and monitor progress in conjunction with clinical observation and parent/caregiver report.
• Provided individualized and culturally competent parent/caregiver education on therapeutic activities to promote development of age appropriate skills tailored to each child's plan of care.
• Communicated evaluation/treatment results and progress to caregivers and interprofessional team on an ongoing basis, adjusting goals and expectations to meet the evolving needs of the child and family.
• Provided training on "sensory diets", "joint compression", and positioning techniques to speech/language pathologists.
• Created library of resource materials addressing play, self care, sleep, gross and fine motor skills, and parent empowerment for professionals and caregivers.
• Supervised and educated prospective occupational therapy students via structured observation and question/answer sessions.
- Pediatric occupational therapist at Spectrum Speech and Language Services LLC
- at American Occupational Therapy Association
- Occupational therapist for adults in the home setting at Alpha Home Health Care
- Assistant director of a pilot summer camp at Finding the Pieces Summer Camp
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- M.S. in Occupational Therapy - Occupational Therapy
- B.S. in Health - Wellness, and Occupational Studies
• Treat children from birth to 21 years suffering from developmental, cognitive, orthopedic, and other conditions to increase functional performance in desired occupations
• Consult with other direct care staff and caregivers to formulate plan of care and implement home programs that achieve occupational therapy goals
• Supervise new employees as well as Level I and II students during clinical fieldwork
- Outpatient Pediatric Occupational Therapist at Kidz Therapeze
- Level II Acute Fieldwork Affiliation at Baylor University Medical Center
- Level II Pediatric Fieldwork Affiliation at Epic Pediatric Therapy
- Secretary at Student Occupational Therapy Association
3 years at this Job
- Master of Occupational Therapy - Research Presentation
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Psychology