Peer Counselor intership
- Peer Counselor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice (CUNY)
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sociology, Minor in Human Services
As a peer counselor, I would answer calls of people that were in different crises and helped the caller cope with their emotions by giving support throughout action planning, affirmations, paraphrasing, etc.
● Had extensive training on being a peer counselor.
- Peer Counselor at Teen Lifeline
- Tempe- Teacher Assistant at Childsplay Theatre Co
3 months at this Job
- College Preparatory
Provide basic breastfeeding information during the prenatal period.
• Provide postpartum breastfeeding management counseling by telephone Or correspondence.
• Make patient referrals
• Administer materials to patients.
• Set up prenatal classes and demonstrate procedures.
• Discuss immunizations and the scheduling of family planning appointments After delivery.
• Document all contacts in the peer counselor contact record.
• Complete and submit weekly and monthly time reports, professional Service records, and travel forms when appropriate.
- Peer Counselor at Mississippi Department of Health
- Front Desk Agent at Shular Inn Hotel
- Lead Teacher at Another Bright Creation Learning Center
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
I use my lived experience in drug, ddiction, s, peer counselor, nd recovery co, ch for p, tients recovering from opi, te, buse. I document ther, py notes, s, Certified Peer Recovery Speci, list for 3 Medic, l doctors, nd work coll, bor, tively with them, nd other Recovery st, ff to provide p, tients with effective tre, tment for their dependency issues.
- Peer Counselor at Refuge Recovery Clinic
- supervisor for 3 at Peer Support Progr
- stocking line cook at Red Lobster
- at GED in HIGHSCHOOL
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High school
As a Breastfeeding peer Counselor I counsel pregnant, new postpartum and breastfeeding mothers. I also provide breastfeeding education and support.
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselor at Africn American Breastfeeding Network
- Volunteer at African American Breastfeeding Network
- Program Coordinator at COA Youth and Family Centers
- at National Association of Social Workers
1 month at this Job
- B.S in Social Work - Social Work
- Associates in Human Services - Human Services
Piscataway, NJ August 2017 - Present Responsible for the front desk management of a Fortune 500 company. Open and close the facility, while assuring security requirements are followed in regards to visitors and safety protocol. Certified in First Aid & CPR. NJ SORA licensed. Peer Counselor/Generalist
- Peer Counselor/Generalist at Allied Universal
- Housekeeping Professional at WIC-Visiting Nurse Association
- at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Diploma - Nutrition
- High School Diploma - English and Spanish
I was a peer counselor, I worked with woman of all ages with breastfeeding, giving information, calling homes, and doing home visits ..
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselor at HISPANIC HEALTH COUNCIL
- Customer Service Rep at RiteAid Pharmacy
- Security Officer at SecurAmerica
- Security Officer at US Security Associates
3 months at this Job
- Certificate - CMA
- certificate - EMT
Peer Support Specialist Western Tidewater CSB Suffolk, VA. 23434 Admin Tech Western Tidewater CSB Suffolk, VA. 23434 MHSS Counselor Western Tidewater CSB Suffolk, VA. 23434
- Peer Counselor at Western Tidewater Community Services Board
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's in the science of Psychology - Psychology
• Gather and arrange for tangible resources and services (i.e. meals on wheels, and housing) and assisted with Medi-cal / Medicare issues for a caseload of 16-22 older clients
• Act as the senior peer counselor "Go To" expert on community resources and eligible services
• Perform monthly home visits to assess client functioning and support system in order to develop case management plan and facilitate referrals to geriatric specialists for culturally appropriate resources, including financial, medical, and social services and to observe and ensure adherence to care plan to provide additional support and education as needed.
• Refer family members to outside support options (i.e. mental health, grief counseling) to help with coping during times of increased stress
• Follow up with client progress and make necessary changes as needed
• Encourage and design healthy eating and exercise plan based on age and ability to improve well-being
• Interview and screen in home supportive, arrange for services and monitor as needed
• Act as advocate liaison to family members and other supporters in dealing with public and private social service agencies
- Senior Peer Counselor at Visions Unlimited
- Assistant Buyer/Interior and Display Designer at
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science - Human Services
- Associate of Arts - Interior Design
Offers confidential peer counseling services and resource referrals to Washington University students.
• 48-hour on-call shifts and nightly office hours (8-12 times per semester)
• 100 hours of training in SP2018 with twenty students to become a counselor
- Peer Counselor at Uncle Joe's Peer Counseling and Resource Center
- MARKETING INTERN at RILEY'S ORGANIC DOG TREATS
- QUALITY INTERN IN RADIOLOGY at UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SOUTHWESTERN MEDICAL CENTER
- Student Researcher at Clarkson University Honors Program
1 year at this Job
- B.A. - Anthropology
- High school