• Offer practical advice and guidance to young adults who have recently experienced a high-level spinal cord injury resulting in quadriplegia.
• Create a comfortable, supportive atmosphere where individuals feel safe sharing their fears and concerns about life post-injury.
• Provide resources and information about connecting to other services.
- Peer Mentor at SCI Peer Mentor Program (University of Washington Medical Center)
- Clinical Intern at Compass Health Adult Extended Care
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at University of Washington
- Program Assistant at Parenting Matters Foundation
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Education with specialization in Community Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
Worked as a peer mentor at a Drug and alcohol treatment center.
- Peer Mentor at A Better Today Recovery Services
- Recovery Coach at Mercer County Fellowship Home
- LPN at CAMC
3 months at this Job
- Associate degree - Licensed Practical Nurse
Peer mentor for incoming LBGTQIA+ students and commuter students
- Peer Mentor at Hofstra University
- Researcher at Hofstra University
- Alzheimer's/Dementia Caregiver Assistant at Parker-Jewish Institute
- Childbirth Doula at Winthrop-University Hospital
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Biology
I completed the program at The Healing Place and now work as a peer mentor. I have a caseload of clients, I facilitate classes, perform office duties, and assist staff
- Peer Mentor at The Healing Place
- Cook/Dishwasher at Farmers Feed Mill Restaurant
- Operator/Laborer at Kelley Beekeeping Supplies
- Operator, Shipping and Receiving at SST Morgantown
3 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Assist individual in connecting to communicate for suicide prevention Share comeback story with youth and young adults Provide support to peer mentor on how to share their comeback story
- Peer Mentor at
- at Youth LeaderShip Council
- at Restorative of Justice
- at department of mental health
9 months at this Job
Role/Skills: Work as a Peer Mentor for The Academic Success Center. I interact daily with my mentees and provide them with resources throughout campus. I report bi-weekly with my supervisor, to discuss my work ethic and improvements.
- Peer Mentor at Georgia Southern University Academic Success Center
- Crew Member at Marcos Pizza
- Hostess at Cracker Barrel
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
• Offer additional support to new students both academically and socially as we help them connect to the UT community
• The First-Year Experience Peer Mentor Program is Certified by the College of Reading and Learning: International Mentor Training Program Certification for both levels I and levels II.
- Peer Mentor at University of Tampa
- Business Consultant Intern at Prospera USA
- International Student Office Volunteer at University of Tampa
- Orientation Leader Volunteer at University of Tampa
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - International Business and Management
• Mentor and coach college freshmen through their first year of college.
• Prepare and teach college students required material in a classroom setting.
• Collaborate with PSU faculty on lesson plans and classroom activities.
• Communicate between students of diverse backgrounds and college professors.
• Attend quarterly conferences and weekly meetings with PSU faculty members.
• Review scholarship applications and conduct interviews with peer mentor candidates.
- Peer Mentor at Portland State University
- Assistant Manager/Barista at Black Rock Coffee Bar
- Barista at Starbucks
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Human Resource Management - Human Resource Management
- Associate of Arts
My Duties as a Peer Mentor involved, supervising and advising middle and high school students from low-income and first-generation families, assisted in planning, organizing, academic events and activities, traveling to target schools to assist Academic Coordinators in the recruitment, advisement, and mentoring or participants, participating in in-service training sessions as scheduled and serving as positive role model for participants.
- Peer Mentor at Trio Talent Search
- Program Aide at Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club
- Vice President at UCO Freshman Action Team
5 months at this Job
- - History Education
• Selected as Lead to manage and coordinate over 35 student employees.
• Designated person of contact between eCampus and technical support for department.
• Responsible for organizing training topics and staff meetings on a weekly basis.
• Maintained all the responsibilities of a Peer Mentor. Peer Mentor
• Co-facilitated a classroom for first-year experience students in developmental courses.
• Offered mentoring services to students with concerns on academic and personal concerns.
• Developed and facilitated weekly support workshops for first-year experience students.
- Peer Mentor Lead & Administrative Support at Peer Connections
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- - Industrial Technology