Pension Solutions, Inc.
Administer the retirement plan for assigned clients by assisting sponsors and participants with plan questions, determining account balances, preparing elections and certificates and entering withdrawals. Skillfully manage wide-range of office and sales support tasks, including reports and employee statements for nationwide clients. Leverage strong multitasking skills to manage customer service, data entry, invoicing, and daily/weekly/quarterly/annually required tasks. Respond to customer inquiries over the phone; liaise with cross-functional teams in support of customer needs.
• Identified areas for improvement in policies, procedures, and business processes and delivered strategic recommendations to senior management on key issues
• Facilitated development of departmental operations manual; trained new personnel. Pension Administrator Assistant Coordinate with Pension Administrators to administer assigned retirement plans. Organized calendars and schedules to meet executive needs and company goals. Trained administrative staff on policies and procedures. Created compelling presentations for company meetings.
• Regularly acknowledged by leadership for timeliness and attention to detail.
• Spearheaded training program for new employees.
• Demonstrated flexibility and superb work ethic in enthusiastically taking on special projects in addition to primary responsibilities. Accounts Payable Handle daily accounts payable process. Manage vendor/supplier relations. Oversee the timely, accurate processing of invoices, purchase orders and payment transactions.
• Researched and solved billing problems while handling the processing, distribution and accuracy verification and maintenance of invoices.
• Furnished company executives with A/P liability summaries and cash flow reports consistently praised for their accuracy, user-friendliness and timeliness. Previous experience as an administrative assistant and travel agent.
- Pension Administrator at Pension Solutions Inc
20 years at this Job
- Associate of Science in Accounting - Accounting
1200 K. Street, Washington, D.C. Hours per week: 40 hours Pension Administrator Supervisor (Data Management Division & Asset Evaluation Division) ZIA Inc. 10/2017 to present Provided leadership through supervising, coaching, training staff and ensuring contractual guidelines are being met while maintaining a high level of efficiency and quality in compliance with established procedures by Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. Acted as the Assistant Project Manager for a team of 50 employees when the Project Manager was out of the office. Held regularly scheduled meetings with the Federal oversight and my team to address any relevant operational or system issues that could potentially affect our contractual responsibilities to the client or to pass on pertinent information to the team or to go over the initial database construction guidelines or to have the team review and determine the value of assets and non-actuarial liabilities of terminated pension plans and to identify potential instances of fraud, fiduciary breach, and party-in-interest transactions that may have an impact to the benefits owed to plan participants. Responsible for addressing overall performance measures, developing workflow plans to improve benefit payment operations and monitoring of employees' performances which serves as input into their annual performance appraisals and performed attendance and payroll processing duties and approval. Monitor "DBSS-Surge Team" group incoming calls in Global Navigator to record the activity of calls, tracks the performance of staff and to coordinate the scheduling of staff for monitoring and reporting purposes.
- Pension Administrator Supervisor at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Pension Administrator Supervisor (Recovery Receivables Team / Data Integrity Group) at ZIA Inc
- Team Lead at Data Integrity Group
- Sr. Management Analyst at Data Integrity Group
1 year, 5 months at this Job
Administrator supporting the Pension Administration with the primary focus on defined benefit pension plans. Answered Participant phone calls and created a detailed record of all calls including nature and date of resolution. Maintained database of all incoming mail, voicemails and emails. Completed all client administrative functions including sending forms and updating personal information. Prepared benefit calculations and prepared Election form packages. Completed Pension Verification letters. Followed up with retirement and death packages that were not returned or complete. Assisted on projects as needed.
- Pension Administrator at AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP
- Pension Administrator at BENEFIT SERVICES, UNLIMITED
- Billing Dispute Analyst at BANK OF AMERICA
- Assistant Supervisor at HSBC N.A
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Human Resources
Junior Pension Administrator:
• Works as part of the benefits processing team
• Performs a variety of benefits administration tasks assigned by the Team Leader
• Assists with the building of participant databases
• Supports the senior administrator in the issuance of benefit determination letters and payment authorizations
• Handles participant inquiries
• Calculate routine benefit calculations on retirement and termination
• Prepare routine termination and retirement packages for mailings
• Analyze returned election forms and prepare routine correspondence when necessary
• Preparation of all plan administration, calculations and reporting requirements
• Closing of plan after all benefit determination letters have been calculated and distributed
• Update daily and annual data for plan records as directed
• Support of routine operational administrative processes and deliverables
• Learn to interpret pension plan texts and applicable legislation
• Support of audit functions
• Maintenance of electronic and paper client records
- Junior Pension Administrator at Integrated Management Resource Group /Pension Benefits Corporation Guaranty (federal program)
- HR Coordinator/ Payroll Benefits Coordinator at Kindred Healthcare, Inc
- Payroll Assistant at Human Resource
- Customer Service Supervisor at
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Human Resource Management Semester
Managed caseload of 84 Defined Contribution (401(k) and Profit Sharing plans) and Defined Benefit plans. Responsible for plan design, anti-discrimination testing, educating clients, and preparing and filing annual Form 5500.
- Pension Administrator at Nicholas Pension Consultants
- Polycomp Administrative Services at
- Assistant Vice President / Senior Manager at The Capital Group Companies
- Assistant Vice President / Manager at T. Rowe Price Associates
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
• Work with the Data Management Division (DMD) team to populate and identify the appropriate source documents on Image Viewer from which to extract the information required for each data element for Database Building.
• Perform Spectrum Reconciliation, Reasonable Check and Act Reports to insure each employment group (Retirees, Actives and Terminated Vested) is complete.
• Performs technical reviews of tasks of other team members relating to: Database Building, Initial Case Processing, Participant Processing, and Plan Closing.
• Reconcile participant accounts and/or individual plans documented and reported discrepancies found in records, such as Actuarial Services Division Spreadsheets. Complete participant file audit and analysis to ensure that each participant is issued a Customer Correspondence System (CCS) and/or Benefit Determination Letter (BDL) and prepare revised BDL when necessary.
• Research, resolution, and reporting of plan variances for the monthly plan balancing activities. Preparation of benefit statements either manually or with the benefit recalculation program and applicable reductions.
• Work with the Participant Services Department (PSD) team to ensure participant inquires, application, and pay status changes are resolved promptly. Resolve issues related to sensitive correspondence. Research, resolution, and reporting of plan variances for the month. Provide technical assistance to the Jr. PBA in conducting plan processing activities, as necessary; provide technical and administrative assistance to the group supervisor, and other staff as necessary.
• Provide interpretation of procedural issues and preparation of interim memorandum. Perform plan closing for assigned cases as well as for cases assigned to other Pension Benefit Administrative and Field Benefits Administrations. Knowledge and use of various computer software applications.
• Responsibilities include, but not limited to, leading team members in benefit administration tasks as stated. Provides technical advice and assistance to other team members and independently performs a variety of task related to benefit administration.
- Senior Pension Administrator at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Senior Management Analyst at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Senior Pension Benefits Administrative at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Diploma - General Studies
• Works as a team member for a defined pension benefit processing team
• Prepares, reviews, and processes vested participant's applications to begin receiving their pension
• Forwards Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
• Generates Income Verification Letters
• Processes manual payment authorization forms and reissues payments for purged and outstanding checks
• Answers participants' questions and updates responses in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
• Obtains the necessary information for entitlement, calculation, application requests, death processing, and beneficiary benefits for vested pension participants
• Reviews several team members outgoing correspondence for privacy breach prevention
• Assists in responding in a timely manner for assigned incoming customer email inquiries
• Uses Microsoft Word to create various letters for sending to defined benefit pension plan participants
• Processes incoming correspondence from customers and distributes correspondence to appropriate sections of the office to be handled
• Uploads and stores scanned documents to appropriate participant's electronic file folder correctly and accurately
• Makes outgoing phone calls to defined benefit pension plan participants to verify current mailing address and updates information into computer database when necessary
- Pension Administrator at IMRG
- Personnel Administration Supervisor at United States Marine Corps
- Personnel Administration Supervisor at United States Marine Corps, MCAS
- Personnel Administration Specialist at United States Marine Corps, MCAS
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice Administration
Responsible for 20 different pension plans with a total of 12,191 Participants. Processing incoming applications for benefits checking for completion entry into PBGC systems to place the Participant into pay. Sending Participant estimates and applications as requested. Researching the passing of Participant's and making sure all payments are stopped, researching if continuing benefits are owed. Send out all documentation to the Surviving Spouse and process her application for payment when it is received. General maintenance of the Participant's information, ACH requests, and Withholding changes, re-issuing outstanding and purged checks, address/phone changes, sending out correspondence as needed to the Participants. Plan benefit determination letters and Plan closing. Training duties: helping new co-workers to get up to speed using company operating systems, including Oracle based programs, SharePoint, Word & Excel. Database Building.
- Sr. Pension Administrator at Pension Benefit Guaranty
- Entry Level Administrator at Pension Benefit Guaranty
- Jr. Pension Administrator at Pension Benefit Guaranty
- Administrative Assistant at CompUSA
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Transcription
• Learns, understands and applies all pension plan rules and provisions. Ability to accurately and effectively communicate plan rules and provisions to Participants, beneficiaries and other interested parties in a clear, concise and professional manner.
• Manually calculates monthly benefits for surviving spouses and age 70.5 retirees.
• Responsible for processing pension benefit applications, deceased participant files, and death benefit applications.
• Ensures that all aspects of the Plan Document and applicable law are followed.
• Analyzes all retirement alternatives available to Participants; determines benefit effective dates; calculates monthly pension benefits for all alternatives; describes available pension options to the Participant and beneficiaries; prepares and maintains participant pensionfiles and analyses for auditors. Processes adjustments to pension amounts when required. Prepares denial letters when necessary.
• Updates all relevant pension records to ensure accuracy. Updates third party record keeper eligibility, distribution and census records. Researches records in the Fund Office, requests information and documentation from outside sources, and verifies accuracy of pension credits and documents.
• Determines eligibility for and explains retiree health benefit eligibility requirements and benefits to Participants and spouses. Coordinates coverage with the health benefits team.
• Requests and processes stop payments and ACH deletions/reversals. Processes voids, check replacements and requests reimbursement for overpayments.
• Reviews system reports for hours worked by pensioners and follows up with letters to pensioner and employer (if necessary).
• Assists with special projects and Pre-Retirement Seminars.
• Facilitates distribution requests for participants and beneficiaries from the money purchase pension plan. Sends out denial letters to participants or beneficiaries who are not eligible for a plan distribution.
- Pension Administrator at Electrical Insurance Trustees
- Benefit Specialist at Aon Hewitt
- (Contract) at Wintrust Financial
- Underwriting Coordinator at Guaranteed Rate
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- in progress - Finance
- in progress - Business Management
· Proactively managed two defined benefit and one defined contribution pension plan. · On a daily basis handled and serviced a high volume of client inquires on their pension status and determined participant eligibility. Also the point of contact on interpreting plan documents and SPDs and responsible for processing defined benefit and defined contribution calculations including QDROs and all estimates for assigned plans. · Balanced plan ledgers monthly and assisted in yearly tax reporting and quarterly audits. · Participated on status meetings with trustees, legal fund and plan managers, providing enrollment updates as well as resolving any outstanding compliance issues.
- Pension Administrator at BeneSys, Inc.
- Trust Analyst at PLANTE MORAN TRUST
- Senior Institutional Trust Wealth Analyst at COMERICA BANK
- Senior Operations Specialist at Munder Capital Management
1 year at this Job
- BA - Economics