Pembroke Pines, FL 2017 - Present
National Employee Benefit Administrators, Inc. (NEBA) is a full service licensed Third Party Administrator providing benefit administration services to Taft-Hartley, Public and Private Sector clients.
• Maintain the pension database for the UFCW District Union Local Two Retail Clerks and Meat Cutters Pension Fund.
• Maintain communication with current members which involves assisting them complete an application and answering all questions about eligibility and how the pension plan works.
• Calculate pension benefits and provide the members with their options.
• Act as a Liaison between the members and the Board of Trustees.
- Pension Administrator at NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS ADMINISTRATORS, INC
- Workers Compensation Insurance Underwriter at NATIONAL COUNCIL ON COMPENSATION INSURANCE
- Pension Administrator at RANDSTAD - PENSION BENEFIT GUARANTY CORPORATION
- Customer Account Executive at COMCAST CABLE COMPANY
2 years at this Job
- AS - Medical
Junior Pension Administrator:
• Works as part of the benefits processing team
• Performs a variety of benefits administration tasks assigned by the Team Leader
• Assists with the building of participant databases
• Supports the senior administrator in the issuance of benefit determination letters and payment authorizations
• Handles participant inquiries
• Calculate routine benefit calculations on retirement and termination
• Prepare routine termination and retirement packages for mailings
• Analyze returned election forms and prepare routine correspondence when necessary
• Preparation of all plan administration, calculations and reporting requirements
• Closing of plan after all benefit determination letters have been calculated and distributed
• Update daily and annual data for plan records as directed
• Support of routine operational administrative processes and deliverables
• Learn to interpret pension plan texts and applicable legislation
• Support of audit functions
• Maintenance of electronic and paper client records
- Junior Pension Administrator at Integrated Management Resource Group /Pension Benefits Corporation Guaranty (federal program)
- HR Coordinator/ Payroll Benefits Coordinator at Kindred Healthcare, Inc
- Payroll Assistant at Human Resource
- Customer Service Supervisor at
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Human Resource Management Semester
Process pension benefit payments on a monthly basis from applications received by the participant. Complete data loads and spreadsheets for new pension plans that come into the office. Create Benefit Determination Letters (BDL's) for qualified participants who are entitled to receive a pension or to inform the participant of any upcoming changes in their current benefit payments. Create calculations/estimates for participants when requested and when the BDL's are completed. Work closely with the Junior Pension Administrator who is assigned to assist in my plan workflow. Review all information for calculation requests, plan closings and the various steps to verify the procedures are completed correctly and in a timely manner to ensure the participant is to begin receiving their benefit payments. Answer all questions and concerns that the Junior Pensions Administrator may have regarding the benefit procedures while speaking to the participant. Note: Contract position
- Senior Pension Administrator at IMRG, Inc - Coraopolis, PA
- Junior Pension Administrator at IMRG, Inc
- Entry Pension Administrator at IMRG, Inc
- Administrative Support Staff at IMRG, Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- High school
• Supported plan administrators in administering retirement plan responsibilities from beginning to end
• Complied annual asset reconciliations and year end documents for assigned retirement plans ◦ Performed calculations to determine employer contributions and ensure plan compliance with IRS and DOL regulations
• Monitored assigned plans for compliance with all federal requirements
• Processed loan and distribution requests for plan participants
• Maintained a clear understanding of each plan document from set up to operation
• Utilized system programs to track all outstanding items and tasks
• Returned all client calls and emails within 24 hours
- Pension Administrator at Nicholas Pension Consultants
- Assistant Store Manager at Janie and Jack
- Assistant Store Manager at Sprockets
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Communication Studies
- AA - Communication Studies, Social and Behavioral Science
Responsible for 20 different pension plans with a total of 12,191 Participants. Processing incoming applications for benefits checking for completion entry into PBGC systems to place the Participant into pay. Sending Participant estimates and applications as requested. Researching the passing of Participant's and making sure all payments are stopped, researching if continuing benefits are owed. Send out all documentation to the Surviving Spouse and process her application for payment when it is received. General maintenance of the Participant's information, ACH requests, and Withholding changes, re-issuing outstanding and purged checks, address/phone changes, sending out correspondence as needed to the Participants. Plan benefit determination letters and Plan closing. Training duties: helping new co-workers to get up to speed using company operating systems, including Oracle based programs, SharePoint, Word & Excel. Database Building.
- Sr. Pension Administrator at Pension Benefit Guaranty
- Jr. Pension Administrator at Pension Benefit Guaranty
- at Pension Benefit Guaranty
- Administrative Assistant at CompUSA
8 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Medical Transcription
- Pension Administrator at Pension Planners. Inc.
- Entry Level Accountant at Chrome Capital LLC
- Customer Service Representative at Allstate Ted Todd Agency
- Server Assistant and Greeter at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- High School Diploma
Lead junior pension benefit administrators in reviewing plan documents for pension plans what to look for and where the information is located, audited pension plan documents for ensure accuracy and compliance with policy and procedure pertaining to vesting requirements, reviewed Qualified Domestic Relations Order in accordance to PBGC regulations in making sure the order was submitted correctly as a draft prior to acceptance, issuing benefit determination letters that would advise participants of eligibility based on ERISA, analyze Potentially Omitted Participants to determine if eligible or meet vesting requirements to receive benefits, problem solving participant concerns when encountering payment issues and questions regarding eligibility, perform benefit calculations estimated 30 plans weekly using a PBGC based program, overseeing special project with the Department of Labor involving missing participants that are entitled to benefits and sending their entitlement packet, analyze and authorizing 25 or more weekly benefit payments submitted through processing, processed benefit payment applications.
- SENIOR PENSION ADMINISTRATOR/CONTRACTOR at PENSION BENEFIT GUARANTY CORPORATION
- JUNIOR PENSION ADMINISTRATOR/CONTRACTOR at PENSION BENEFIT GUARANTY CORPORATION
- JUNIOR PENSION ADMINISTRATOR/CONTRACTOR at PENSION BENEFIT GUARANTY CORPORATION
- ENTRY LEVEL PENSION ADMINISTRATOR/CONTRACTOR at PENSION BENEFIT GUARANTY CORPORATION
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- None - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
• Ability to accurately and effectively communicate plan rules and provisions to Participants, beneficiaries and other interested parties in a clear, concise and professional manner.
• Responsible for processing pension benefit applications, deceased participant files, and death benefit applications.
• Analyzes all retirement alternatives available to Participants; determines benefit effective dates; calculates monthly pension benefits for all alternatives; describes available pension options to the Participant and beneficiaries; prepares and maintains participant pension files and analyses for auditors.
• Processes adjustments to pension amounts when required.
• Reviews Divorce Decrees and Qualified Domestic Relation Orders to determine if they meet Plan requirements.
• Updates all relevant pension records to ensure accuracy.
• Updates third party record keeper eligibility, distribution and census records.
• Researches records in the Fund Office, requests information and documentation from outside sources, and verifies accuracy of pension credits and documents.
• Determines eligibility for and explains retiree health benefit eligibility requirements and benefits to Participants and spouses.
• Coordinates coverage with the health benefits team.
• Requests and processes stop payments and ACH deletions/reversals.
• Processes voids, check replacements and requests reimbursement for overpayments.
• Assists with special projects and Pre-Retirement Seminars.
• Facilitates distribution requests for participants and beneficiaries from the money purchase pension plan.
• Sends out denial letters to participants or beneficiaries who are not eligible for a plan distribution.
- Pension Administrator at Electrical Insurance Trustees
- Benefit Specialist at Aon Hewitt
- Room Attendant, Front Desk Receptionist at Palmer House Hilton
- Administrative Assistant at Bethel New Life
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Healthcare Management
• Completed Benefit Determination Research and issued Benefit Determination Letters
• Reviewed and processed client applications for pension benefits as well as daily mail for assigned plans
• Supervised and delegated work to Junior and Entry Level Administrators based on plan provisions
• Verified work of Junior Administrators for quality and completeness
• Worked with big datasets and helped build up participant database for valuations for clients
• Processed death notifications and survivor benefits
• Provided benefits estimates to participants using client programs, PACs and Archives
- Senior Pension Administrator at IMRG, Inc. (Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation contractor)
- Junior Pension Administrator at IMRG, Inc. (Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation contractor)
- Fulltime Volunteer at Jesus Youth of America
- Retirement Actuarial Associate at Buck Consultants
4 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Inspection and Oversight
- Bachelor of Science - Financial Economics
• Working in teams with clients on providing pension information to participants.
• Using Excel to create custom paperwork for participants.
• Working on special projects with managers.
• Attend team meetings to drive pensions administrators to successful service.
• Double checking paperwork before mailing.
• Miscellaneous custom excel work.
- Pension Administrator at Aon Hewitt
- Wireless Sales Store Manager at Verizon Wireless TCC
- Senior Team Lead at Johnathan Wesley, Inc
- Sales Team Member, November at Marianos
7 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Business