Process pension applications, answer mail, explain calculations, review reemployment requests, telephone calls to members.
- Pension Analyst at Central States Health & Welfare & Pension Funds
- HR Specialist/ Senior Employee Service Representative at Aon Hewitt
- Teacher at Central Lake YMCA
- Teacher at Children's World Learning Center
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Human Resource Management
- - Early Childhood
- - Business
➢ Analyst responsible for the Construction Industry Laborers. Assist clients with retirement/pension benefits, long-term disability and death (survivor) benefits. Calculated age/rate adjustments, retirement dates, and benefit amounts. Monthly and Quarterly reports completed. Worked closely with Manager to resolve escalated issues, disputes and appeals.
- Pension Analyst at TIC International
- Admissions Representative at Grantham University
- Customer Service Specialist III at Kansas City Life Insurance Company
- Benefits Specialist - Retirement at Zenith-American Solutions
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - General Education
• Process retirement applications while exceeding productivity standards for quality and quantity
• Perform complex benefit calculations in accordance with documented processes and procedures
• Process recalculations for modification of benefits
• Calculate death benefits for surviving spouse
• Provide customer service to active and terminated vested members
• Refer to the Summary Plan Description to determine that eligibility requirements are met
• Verify pension benefit applications are complete and accompanied by required documentation
• Validate and gather appropriate documentation and identified areas that require immediate resolution
• Correspond accurately with retirees and beneficiaries regarding their Pension benefits
• Analyze, research and resolved all complex pension issues
• Process all claims with breaks in service from FMLA, Disability and LOA
• Handle special projects 70.5, QDRO's, Retirement Planning Seminar
• Perform any and all duties assigned by management
- PENSION ANALYST at 1199 SEIU Benefits & Pension Fund
- ASSISTANT RETIREMENT BENEFITS EXAMINER at New York City Employees Retirement System
12 years at this Job
- MS, Human Resource Management and Labor Relations - NYIT
- BS - Human Services
• Organized and prepared documents prior meetings and conferences.
• Assisted with editing, proofreading reports and documents for Project Manager.
• Coordinated ongoing projects with in charged supervisors, established priorities and assisted team members with assigned projects: o 6 databases building o DOL missing participants projects
• Reconciled statements reviewed and kept tracking of invoices.
• Maintained and updated files, reference material, personnel files and memoranda according to policies.
• Retrieved, researched, and responded to participants' emails.
• Utilized automated software, such as Spectrum, CRM, CCS to process a variety of benefit applications.
• Processed benefit calculations; Audited information in pension system; Drafted and sent out approval letters.
• Added new participant to the pension databases; Processed benefit claims; Assisted in the month end processing and reconciliations.
- Administrative supports/Pension Analyst at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporations
- Army Community Service Administrative Assistant at AMERICORPS
- Administrative Assistant at Truman Education Center
- Resident Assistant/Student ambassador at Webster University Housing and Residential Life
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Management - Marketing
PROFESSIONAL Summary: A skillful and motivated analytical professional finding creative, data-driven solutions to a wide range of operational and project management challenges every day… expertise in data-mining, trouble-shooting, process automation, and continuous improvement… demonstrating a long track record of learning agility, continually adopting new skills/technology… and a dynamic yet conscientious communicator, who always maintains a steady goal-oriented outlook. Skills: Technical · MS Office (Excel power user, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) · VBA and SQL programming languages · Oracle, SharePoint, Connect, Cognos, Benefits Administration databases /web platforms · Wide variety of Customer Management and HR software Professional Training · Lean/Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified · 8D Problem Solving Certified – Root Cause Analysis · Reader-Centered Business Writing Certified Experiences: Senior Pension Analyst | Client Services | Mercer (2016 – Present) · Peer-reviewing complex pension benefit calculations · Designing automation and calculators for reports and calculations, using Excel and VBA · Mapping requirements and managing test plans for database/web system implementations · Managing client communications/expectations for both projects and critical issue de-escalations · Teaching and cross-training junior analysts as they learn new computer skills and processes · Preparing data with SQL for compliance based reports/mailings such as Annual Funding Notices Pension Analyst | Client Services | Mercer (2012 – 2015) · Performed detailed pension benefit calculations · Generated recurring reports (daily, weekly, monthly, and annual) both internal and client facing · Assisted with testing projects during database/web system updates · De-escalated and resolved inquiries from tempered plan members · Supported the team of benefit counselors as a subject matter expert · Created and fulfilled mail merges for mass mailings from the plan Senior Benefits Counselor | Member Services | Aon Hewitt (2009 – 2011) · Supported team of junior benefit counselors as trainer and subject matter expert · Learned new software skills to perform call center statistical reporting · Became a case manager for priority issues regarding survivor support and retirement planning Benefits Counselor | Member Services | Aon Hewitt (2006 – 2008) · Took 40-50 calls per day for multiple clients and lines of business (pension, health, 401(k) plans) · Learned a variety of benefit plan rules and general concepts in a fast paced environment · Performed courtesy callback duties for the ongoing case management team
- Senior Pension Analyst | Client Services at Mercer
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
• Prepare moderately complex pension benefit calculations for two national companies with 200,000 and 10,000 pension plan eligible participants.
• Collect, manipulate, reconcile and review participant data identifying and resolving issues as they arise.
• Answer employees and retirees' questions with thorough understanding of clients' plan designs.
• Train new hires or colleagues on specifics of client pension plan administration.
• Create and analyze daily caseload reports, monthly payment details and quarterly term vested participant reports.
- Pension Analyst at Willis Towers Watson
- Benefits Administrator at ThyssenKrupp Materials NA
- Staffing Specialist at PCS Mobile Solutions
- Assistant Recruiter/Processor at Speedway LLC
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Master Certification - Human Resource Management
Create and run queries to extract data and reports from SAP to satisfy an array of pension and benefits compliance, reporting, and statistical requirements. ♦ Work with the Manager of Pension Administration and the Head of Benefits to determine reporting needs and develop specifications, write and submit SAP trouble tickets, perform testing, and assist with implementation. ♦ Maintain internal database files and tables and ensure the integrity of the data contained therein. Support the maintenance of accurate pension and benefits data by performing data extracts and analysis and providing feedback as appropriate. ♦ Update, maintain and deliver accurate vendor files and interfaces, e.g. interface files to actuary for quarterly pension statements, benefit census files, and benefit service dates. ♦ Responsible for administration of service date policies and will serve as the subject matter expert for the internal team. ♦ Assist with the writing and updating of employee communications and required government filings, e.g. annual pension funding notices, form 5500, pension statement format and content changes. ♦ Develop and maintain financial reconciliations for the pension plan trust to ensure that participant records and trust account activity are in balance. Research and resolve differences with the plan trustee and record keeper to ensure accuracy.
- Pension Analyst at The Linde Group Inc
- Employee Benefits Team Lead at Corporate Offices
- FLEX/401K Plan Administrator at The BOC Group Inc
- Human Resources Assistant at
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Human Resource Management
- B. S. - Business Management
• Assist in calculation of pension benefits according to participant’s plan.
• Review retiree pension records and contact them for more information if needed.
• Respond to participant inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
• Maintain participant database up-to-date and accurate.
• Oversee all participant communications based on company procedures.
• Review pension records for accuracy and completeness.
- Pension Analyst at Ingersoll-Rand
- Claims Processor at Hospital Corporation of America
- Payroll Specialist at ADP
- Site Coordinator at AmerisourceBergen
7 months at this Job
Fairfield, CA (Alkar Human Resources Assignment 5/2018 - 10/2018)
• Pension Analyst for Laborers Trust Fund of Northern California
• Answered Customer Pension, Annuity and Vacation inquires
• Processed Annuity and Pension Applications
• Assisted all Members who walked in with concerns
- Pension Analyst for Laborers Trust Fund of Northern California at Laborer's Trust Fund
- Solano Property Management Receptionist at
- cashier to collect in person payments at City of Vallejo Water Billing Department
- Fleetcor Technologies Customer Service at
5 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
for the federal government agency that ensures cooperate pension obligations in which they will be honored.
• Input and complete calculations: for participants who are or may become eligible for future pension benefits.
• Building databases in excel database systems: inputting and sourcing the data based upon documents verified.
• Answering inbound calls: regarding participants pension, that pertain to their current or future benefits, not limited to; name changes, proof of documentation, payments, baking information, beneficiary information etc.
• Auditing of incoming POA(Power of attorney)'s to make sure POA's meet standard government requirements for PBGC and individual state requirements.
- Senior Pension Analyst at PBGC
- Tax Preparer at Accurate Taxes and Financial Services
- Office Manager at Gilardi Enterprise
- Quality specialist at Gilardi Enterprise
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Business - Business