Pension Analyst : Achievements:
Pension Analyst :
- Pension Analyst at Tesco
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration
• Processed pension applications for a multi-employer fund supporting more than 1,650 employers and 100,000 retirees and beneficiaries.
• Assisted applicants during the application process, helped to resolve issues.
• Performed research, assessed eligibility, and processed approximately 1,300 pension applications each year by analyzing eligibility requirements defined by Plan and Fund documents.
• Collaborated with teams of outside consultants to strategically identify opportunities to significantly reduce pension application backlog in 90 days.
• Developed strategies with the Executive Leadership Team and Information Technology (IT) Department to implement process and system improvements.
• Delivered feedback to senior management and systems builder during the implementation of the new Pension Information Processing System.
• Analyzed key metrics to drive daily strategy sessions focused on meeting production and departmental goals.
• Participated in the IRS's Voluntary Compliance and annual 70 ½ Mandatory Distribution Project.
- Pension Analyst at International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Pension Fund
- Remittance Analyst at Graphic Arts Industry Joint Pension Trust
- Volunteer Coordinator/Office Assistant at Providence Hospital
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration
Interfaces with employees to provide accurate information on benefit programs such as retirement, defined benefit pension plans, defined contribution, and deferred compensation and disability; recommend process improvement to complete assigned work within expected quality and deadlines; conducts educational seminars; review applications for pension funds for financial hardship and ensure the pension funds are processed; participated in pension audits; assist supervisor or team leader in handling request from fund attorneys, auditors, or actuaries; perform all COBRA and retiree billing document preparation and data entry; be the expert in all matters concerning federal and state COBRA regulations and processes; help assist the third-party administrators with internal documentation; Review processing and check for accuracy; perform policy and procedure documentation and review; Ensure COBRA notices are accurate and mailed to plan participants and notify carriers of elections and terminations; Provide direct assistance to our clients when necessary on COBRA and retiree related matters; Edit information for the DHR Newsletter; prepare bank deposits, general ledger posting and statements; prepare and maintain accounting documents and records; assisted in the coordination of events, coordinated meal plan for attendees of event, contributed to events by overseeing registration and providing customer service; secures medical files, answers central telephone system and direct calls accordingly; assist with faxing; scanning documentation and securing confidential medical files; update appointment calendar; coordinate mail flow in and out of office; gather personal and insurance information; answer inquiries about the company; greet customers and guest, schedule meetings and conference rooms;
- Pension Analyst at Department of Human Resource
- Pension Administrator at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Communications Officer at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Updating Peoplesoft
• Working in Excel Updating Data
• Calculating Cash Balance Benefit
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Pension Analyst at Ingersoll Rand
- Substitute Teacher at DAVIDSON COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM, Winston
- Owner and Stylist at CRESCENT HAIR STUDIO, Winston
- Pharmacy Clerk at WAKE FOREST BAPTIST MEDICAL CENTER, Winston
7 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Administer applications for plan members to receive pension and annuity benefits.
• Implement plan procedures for each different local union handled.
• Process new applications.
• Put approved pensions into pay for members to receive monthly benefits.
• Approve on-demand payments for annuities.
• Update member accounts (e.g. addresses, direct deposits, tax withholdings).
• Update insurance deductions for specific funds.
• Calculate and implement arrears and refunds when necessary for insurance deductions.
• Mail notices and forms required by the plans.
- Pension Analyst at Zenith American Solutions, Inc
- Student Assistant at Eberly Library, Waynesburg University
- Pool Manager at Brentwood Borough Park
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - International Studies
• Developed and on-boarded a site for 16 clients to process all in-house and digital fulfillment work
• Developed all required training material for new and current employees in the Dallas CDT2 team
• Ensured that all process guides stay up to date so that we are always in compliance with our client contracts
• Manage all PTO request and ensure we always have coverage when someone will be out
• Train all new hires ensuring they complete on-boarding requirements, teaching them to work with minimal supervision and direction
• Create, review and send all client data reports for deaths, collections, true-ups, ACH rejects and Survivor Outreach Services
• Review daily, tier2 and escalated cases
• Review correspondence and financial documents
• Create and maintain business financials spreadsheets
• Assist account executives in research and reviews of specific funds and participants
• If issues are escalated, provide participants with accurate information on benefit programs such as retirement, pension, and disability
• Developed the first PAG WTW newsletter, involved in volunteer activities and participate in company advancement and change groups (Multicultural Group and [email protected])
- Pension Analyst at Willis Towers Watson
- Dealer Correspondence Specialist at Monitronics
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Art in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- Associates of Art - Art
spouse, dissolution information, QDRO's, divorce decrees, Medicare reimbursement, disability and workman's comp applications and updated member records accordingly
• Determined benefit eligibility, Retiree Health and Welfare eligibility
• Reviewed and processed re-employment restrictions, rule of 85, extended death benefits and applications, surviving
• Performed data entry and data correction tasks
• Evaluated retirement types' member qualifies for and calculated pension benefits amount under Trust Fund plans
• Set up direct deposit and rollovers to IRAs
• Analyze employer contracts, contributions, and calculations
• Assist members via phone and in person to go over retirement planning
spouse, dissolution information, QDRO's, divorce decrees, Medicare reimbursement, disability and workman's comp
applications and updated member records accordingly
- Pension Analyst at UFCW Trust Fund, LLC
- Assistant Store Manager, Front End Manager, Food Clerk, Bookkeeper at Safeway
- INTERNSHIPS/ VOLUNTEER at Monument Impact
- Medical Imaging Reception Volunteer at John Muir Medical Hospital
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.S - Health Science, Health Administration and Management
- Pension Analyst / Distributions Manager at Associated Pension Consultants
- Client Service Representative at Regus
- Sales Associate at Bath and Body Works
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Management
• Answer incoming calls from participants, answer questions regarding their pensions
• Data entry, responding to emails, scanning
• Preparing estimates and packages for participants due a pension
• Put participants into payment status
• Update personal information
- Customer Service/Pension Analyst at CBIZ
- Customer Service Representative at Alorica
- Medical Assistant Extern at Georgia Pain Physicians
- Host Family Provider at Parkway Enterprise
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Diploma - Medical
Responsible for daily operational activities of pension processing including international pension.
• Completed the outsourcing of Legacy Merck's pension administration from insource environment to an outsourced environment.
• Administered Qualified Pre-Retirement Spousal Annuity elections.
• Created and researched incident reports as a part of Voluntary Compliance Plan (VCP) which was mandated by the IRS to ensure compliance with audit.
• Gathered information for annual valuation.
• Prepared retirement estimates for active, terminated and vested and international plans.
• Processed Qualified Domestic Relation Orders (QDRO).
• Reviewed and set up for process all death benefit applications for all plans.
• Validated Pension certifications for vested benefit participants.
• Calculated and processed retirement distributions for 20 company pension plans and set up for payment.
• Generated payroll, tax and pension history records.
• Managed generation and distribution of pension checks.
• Created process to notify and collect overpayments in death or surviving spouse elections with a 98% return of all overpayments.
• Provided participants with accurate information on benefit programs such as retirement, pension, and disability, 401K and assist Financial planners for employee credit union.
• Conducted monthly and annual reconciliation of all accounts.
• Assisted in handling requests from fund attorneys, auditors, or actuaries and financial planners.
• Sigma Yellow Belt-certified.
- Pension Analyst/Pension Administration/Benefits at MERCK & CO
19 years at this Job
- - Business, finance, accounting, economics