• Calculate pension benefits for retirees based on rates, employer contracts and monetary contributions (calculate using algebra/Microsoft Excel functions).
• Research employment history to correctly calculate pensions/lump sum cash-outs due to retirees. Information researched includes strike credit due, employment verification through the Social Security Administration, time worked, employer contributions and monthly calculation rates.
• Advise & provide benefit information to retirees and their family members through writing, telephone and in-person appointments (in English &Spanish).
• Handle, protect & verify sensitive documents required to process applications for pension (Social Security numbers, Social Security disability award/rejection letters, marriage/birth certificates, divorce decrees & settlement/Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, affidavits of living/domestic partnership, etc.).
• Create/edit award letters, benefit election forms, affidavits, and requests for information.
• Perform various clerical duties to maintain the efficiency of the department.
• Maintain accuracy for retiree database through liaison with co-workers in all departments.
• Originally hired as an English-speaking analyst and was asked to step into the role of bilingual analyst during the first two months of employment. Currently processing four types of pension plans.
- Pension Analyst at Amalgamated Life Insurance
- Solar Energy Specialist at Tesla
- Legal Intern at International Seabed Authority
- English Teacher at Education First
1 year at this Job
- Master's - Finance
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Create and run queries to extract data and reports from SAP to satisfy an array of pension and benefits compliance, reporting, and statistical requirements. ♦ Work with the Manager of Pension Administration and the Head of Benefits to determine reporting needs and develop specifications, write and submit SAP trouble tickets, perform testing, and assist with implementation. ♦ Maintain internal database files and tables and ensure the integrity of the data contained therein. Support the maintenance of accurate pension and benefits data by performing data extracts and analysis and providing feedback as appropriate. ♦ Update, maintain and deliver accurate vendor files and interfaces, e.g. interface files to actuary for quarterly pension statements, benefit census files, and benefit service dates. ♦ Responsible for administration of service date policies and will serve as the subject matter expert for the internal team. ♦ Assist with the writing and updating of employee communications and required government filings, e.g. annual pension funding notices, form 5500, pension statement format and content changes. ♦ Develop and maintain financial reconciliations for the pension plan trust to ensure that participant records and trust account activity are in balance. Research and resolve differences with the plan trustee and record keeper to ensure accuracy.
- Pension Analyst at The Linde Group Inc
- Employee Benefits Team Lead at Corporate Offices
- FLEX/401K Plan Administrator at The BOC Group Inc
- Human Resources Assistant at
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Human Resource Management
- B. S. - Business Management
Reconciled accounts, processed pension and annuity applications, and generated reports for several local unions encompassing thousands of members across three states within Zenith Platform.
• Processed applications and checks for Normal and Early Pensions, Loans, Hardships, Death Benefits, Retirement, Disability, Early Withdrawals and Termination of Employment
• Answered 100+ calls a day and returned all missed calls within 48hr timeframe
• Maintained weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and performed audits that greatly reduced errors for external audit entities
• Executed reconciliations, prepared month-end journal entries and reviewed annual reports, updated findings and made recommendations to management team
• Remained current with each union's plan provisions and tax laws
• Assisted in developing GETNEXT and tested programs for 11g
• Engaged members to learn about financial needs
- Pension Analyst at ZENITH AMERICAN SOLUTIONS
- Clinical Coordinator at CORRECT CARE SOLUTIONS
- Bookkeeper at GRANITE CENTRAL DISTRIBUTORS, LLC
- Assistant Chief Accountant (Intern/Volunteer) at LIFE IN CHRIST, INC
3 years at this Job
- BS - Accounting
Department: Defined Benefits Calculation Period: October 2005 to August 2016 Fidelity Investments is one of largest mutual fund company in the USA, a leading provider of financial services, investment management, retirement and brokerage services. Worked for a number of US clients with regard to pension with the number of employees being more than 100,000.
- Senior Pension Analyst Specialist at Fidelity Business Services India Pvt. Ltd
10 years, 10 months at this Job
- Post Graduate Diploma - Human Resource Management
• Answer incoming calls from participants, answer questions regarding their pensions
• Data entry, responding to emails, scanning
• Preparing estimates and packages for participants due a pension
• Put participants into payment status
• Update personal information
- Customer Service/Pension Analyst at CBIZ
- Host Family Provider at Parkway Enterprise
- Customer Service Representative at Alorica
- Medical Assistant Extern at Georgia Pain Physicians
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical
Provide customer service to participants and union local personnel by answering visitor
questions or responding via telephone or fax.
● Process and review pension benefit calculations and ensure accuracy of system generated calculations. Also verify benefit calculations prepared by other analysts.
● Prepare written communications for participant inquires. Read and comprehend plan documents, summaries of plan provisions or other related plan materials.
● Recommend process improvements to complete assigned work within expected quality and deadlines.
● Process all electronic deposit requests, rejection letters, and all bank electronic deposit returns.
- PENSION ANALYST at Untied Food & Commercial Workers
- REAL ESTATE BROKER at California Classic Real Estate, Inc
- CONTRACTS MANAGER at TROY Group, Inc
- SR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE at American Funds Service Company
10 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Accounting
- Pension Analyst at Healthcare Strategies Inc
- at Tri State Administrators
11 years at this Job
- Diploma - Bisiness
- Manage a specialized call center that answers pension related questions and processes participant requests. - Administer defined benefit plans for hundreds of companies - Migrated business from Dallas, TX to Newark, DE and trained new analysts
- PENSION ANALYST CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR at JPMORGAN CHASE
- SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT at SAVITZ ORGANIZATION
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE/WORKFORCE MANAGER at BNY MELLON
- WORKFORCE MANAGER at SERIES
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS
• Prepare and mail applications for pensions and death benefits
• Process and review all applications for defined benefit payments in accordance with written corporate and fund procedures
• Process and review all death benefit applications in accordance with corporate and fund procedures
• Process all repayment checks that were made to deceased participants
• Key all appropriate data into Emerald-Trac system to generate appropriate pension payments in accordance with written procedures
• Process all stop-payment requests, overpayments, or payments adjustments in accordance with written procedures.
• Handle all telephone calls in a professional manner and provide participants with accurate information on benefit programs such as retirement, pension, disability and death benefits
- Pension Analyst for Steelworkers Pension Trust at Zenith American Solutions
- Temporary Assignment thru Pancoast Personnel Services at Education Management Corporation
- HR Shared Services & Operations Associate III at U. S. Steel Corporation
- Pension Operations & Benefits Shares Services Retiree Benefits Associate II at U. S. Steel Corporation
1 year, 8 months at this Job
• Retirement plan design, valuation and administration for small and mid-sized companies and sole proprietors
• Plan contribution studies and nondiscrimination testing
• Government forms filings such as Form 5500s and 1099s
• Benefit statements and payments administration to plan participants
- Pension Analyst at California Actuarial Consultants
- Project Assistant at Confucius Institute at Bryant University
- President, Bryant University at Bryant Chinese Student and Scholars Association
- Member and Tutor at Bryant Actuarial Association
10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Actuarial Science