• Involved in writing detailed Performance Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on requirements using Performance Center.
• Designing and Executing the Scenarios in Performance Center and Used the Controller to perform Load Test and Stress tests.
• Involved in developing and maintaining scalable, reusable performance test scripts using Vugen
• Designed both, manual and goal oriented scenarios for Load Generation.
• Performed stress testing through different loading patterns in the scenario.
• Design, Identify and Execute Stress Test stress transactions to benchmark application break point.
• Uploaded Scripts, Created Timeslots, and Created Scenarios and ran Load Tests in controller.
• Enhancing scripts with LR and protocol specific functions, custom C functions, and logic decision control loops to handle Vusers for exception handling and customizing the script with timer logic, dynamic transaction names, and multiple action files
• Designing and configuring test scenario using VUGEN script in ALM Performance Center
• Involved in Performance testing, load testing, stress testing, volume testing, scalability testing, stability testing.
• Developed reports using the URL commands available through the Crystal Reports and Integrated Crystal Reports with JAVA/JSP.
• Managed Performance Test Activity listing and Resource Allocation, Environment Setup, Vuser scripting, Test Execution, Test result Reporting, Tuning and Optimization.
• Applied custom build Parameterization and Correlation rule to parameterize the Form post and Query string Parameters.
• Collaborate with team members in defining test strategy, documenting and refining test plans, test cases, test script and traceability matrix against business requirements to authenticate performance test coverage
• Generate metrics and checklists to assess the current and potential risks and developed mitigation Strategy. Environment:. Load Runner 11.5, Performance Center, Java, Web logic, Web Services, XML, Wily, Quality Center, Oracle
- Performance Engineer at Performance Center
- Sr Performance Analyst at
7 years at this Job
• Currently working in BCAG APM team as a performance tester cum coordinator for all the BCAG releases.
• Worked as Performance Test engineer in ETBS Load & Performance Team
• Scripts design for Load Test using Load Runner.
• Worked on designing the scripts using TruClient protocol for the claim GUI applications for Web 2.0
• Executed Trulient scripts in perf center as per business requirements
• Apply parameterizations where ever it is required.
• Redesigning the TruClient scripts whenever changes made older scripts to be discarded
• Performed base lining and bench marking of the performance metrics according to business requirements.
• Load Runner Scripts Design for Blue Access employer BAE , Blue Access Member BAM , Care Planner web, Benefit Mall using RPT.
• Executed the scripts based on the Test execution Plans.
• Coordinating with the Development, Database, LDAP, ECS teams during Test execution.
• Measured response times and add Transaction names in the script.
• Jmeter scripts execution based on the Development directions.
• Involved in Tuning Test activates and executed the scripts based on tuning procedure
• Verified test logs after test scripts execution.
• Identified the huge response time transaction during test execution.
• Analyzed test results with business teams to meet SLAs.
• Prepared the performance test plan / test scenarios based on the ETBS performance testing request form.
• Reviewed Load & Performance QA artifacts at each phase of testing with BA and Test analysts including ETBS supervisor.
• Managed testing effort estimation for the BAE and BAM Project.
• Worked closely with architectural and application engineering teams to understand the application complexity and understand the performance requirements.
• Worked closely with Monitor group teams during test execution.
• Coordinated with developers to fix the problems and enhancing the application.
• Monitored the defect tracking process, troubleshot and generated customized graphs and reports.
• Identified the presence and cause of bottle necks in the applications.
• Suggested necessary performance recommendations to the application based on performance results.
• Measured individual page response times by inserting transactions pointers.
• Compared performance metrics collected before and after tuning of the application.
• Maintained Test Logs, Test Summary reports and participated in defect review, Status and GO-NO GO meetings. Environment: HP Performance center 12.02 /11.5, Load Runner 12.02/11.5/9.5, Rational Performance Tester RPT 7.0.1 and 8.0 , Java, Jmeter, DB2, Wily Intrascope 9.5/9.0.8, Mainframe JCL, HTML, JSP, CICS, EDI X12N 4010, Quality center 9.2 / 10.0 etc
- Performance Engineer at HCSC
- Performance Engineer at STARBUCKS
- Performance Engineer at HCSC
- Performance Engineer at Nike, Inc
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- MasterDegree - Computer Applications
- Bachelor of Science - Statistics
Knoxville, TN 2012 - Present
(Specialized engineering group that provides plant performance improvement services for the power generation industry in the areas of risk
mitigation; performance testing, monitoring, and optimization; and project/technology validations through analysis and testing) Performance Engineer III. Hired upon completion of Master's degree in the Instrument Calibration Lab and was promoted
quickly to Performance Engineer in the Equipment Development Services division after only four months. Currently
accountable for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and executing power plant performance testing that includes
conducting on-site client visits, optimizing processes and software, and serving as Technical Lead on complex projects. Extensively involved in all aspects of the testing process, including writing test procedures, designing calculations, advising
clients on methodologies, choosing measurement equipment, creating corrections to boundary conditions, directing
performance testing, and authoring reports.
• Selected to serve as primary Technical Lead or Lead Engineer on several projects including: - Coal byproduct conveyance testing related to EPA changes following ash spills at TVA and Duke with recent work completed on two Wood (formerly AMEC FW) projects. - Largest test project at Duke Cliffside, overseeing equipment installation, calculations, and personnel management. - Dye dilution jobs that included updating methods from volumetric calibration to a mass-based calibration system and working with nuclear power plant engineers to test water flow and modify/improve their dye dilution system.
• Chosen as Primary Tester for annual testing at two Purchase Power Agreement-based facilities and successfully redesigned spreadsheets used by McHale, resulting in faster results with fewer work hours for each test site.
• Wrote 50+ customized test procedures (ranging from 30 to 200+ pages) for each testing project based on the scope of work, equipment on-site, contract requirements, and test code.
• Recognized for proficiency in measurement and instrumentation methodology that has included assisting power plant instrumentation and controls personnel and calibrating equipment for projects.
• Authored a software application that enabled McHale engineers to calibrate pitot tubes at TVA with more reliable results and provided immediate on-site data that saved both time and money.
• Maximize efficiency and accuracy of results by maintaining/supporting the primary data logging system and assisting technicians with troubleshooting equipment errors/failures at power generation facility test sites.
• Achieved success in identifying the cause and solution to one of McHale's most common powering meter errors and have been requested as the "go-to troubleshooter" for resolving power meter issues and also to provide technical expertise/input during power meter design and troubleshooting strategy meetings.
• Co-developed the Excel Method for generating correction curves that was used on three projects. The new Excel Method provides quicker, more accurate results by modeling the result directly and eliminating reliance on curve sets.
• Completed the EBSILONProfessional advanced training in Austria and was one of the only engineers for many years to complete correction curves at the company using Ebsilon. Performance Engineer III - MCHALE ASSOCIATES, INC. ):
• Chosen as one of the primary Engineers to perform uncertainty calculations and uncertainty analysis for some of the company's largest projects.
• Develop calculation models for power plant and plant equipment acceptance testing by applying ASME, ASTM, Cooling Tower Institute, DIN, and other standard authoring bodies.
• Interact extensively with customers, internal team members, and senior management regarding customer feedback on project requirements, coordinating efforts with other departments, leading weekly updates on project status, and maintaining communication to increase collaboration.
• Assisted in expanding and improving on the company's existing robust Excel Add-in suite including Visual Basic tools and an Excel .xll add-in.
- Performance Engineer III at MCHALE ASSOCIATES, INC
- Graduate Assistant at INDUSTRIAL ASSESSMENT CENTER
- Co-Op at Product Engineering & Lean Manufacturing - TRW
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- M.S. - Mechanical Engineer
Schaumburg, Illinois 2001-2017
Wireless subsidiary of Verizon Communications a $125 Billion global provider of communication services with 166,000 employees. Systems Performance Engineer
Manage geographical area of cell sites containing VoLTE, LTE (Ericsson) and CDMA, EVDO (Nokia) equipment integrating and optimizing the network to provide optimal customer experience.
• Participated in first U.S. carrier deployment of an LTE (4G) network. Work with vendors and colleagues to identify best practices and evaluate feature performance to maintain best in class network performance. Collaborate with the planning team to identify locations to deploy cell sites to improve coverage and capacity in the network.
• Manage competitive baseline program, supervising a team of technicians in collecting drive/venue data to compare the performance of the network against the other major carriers. Schedule technician routes and equipment upgrades to ensure project is completed within the time constraints. Compile, analyze the data, and assemble reports for presentation to directors and corporate outlining the results for the internal and third party competitive testing.
• Address priority 1 customer complaints and trouble tickets by examining/interpreting performance metrics to identify potential issues within the network and direct teams to a quick resolution of the issue. Identify and resolve device incompatibility issues within the network by working with the vendors to upgrade the devices to the most current standards.
- Systems Performance Engineer at Verizon Wireless
- Hardware Design Engineer at Telular Corporation
- Senior Systems Engineer at Systems & Electronics, Inc
16 years at this Job
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
Provide technical expertise on the implementation of assigned programs and projects. Created Daily/Weekly Executive Degradation Reports for Director, Vice President and President. Develop and adjust SQL queries for weekly Data Analysis for Market Degradation, Utilized ATT approved technical applications for processing large performance data.
- Performance Engineer at AT&T
- at AT&T
- Professional Network Support Engineer at AT&T
- Sr. Specialist Network Control Engineer at AT&T
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology - Decatur
Working on an E- Commerce application built on SAP Hybris, with various Middleware components, Oracle Coherence and MySQL Key Responsibilities: ◦ Providing Performance Engineering services, JVM tuning and capacity planning with a strong emphasis on web application on SAP Hybris, Java, Linux, Apache/ Tomcat, Oracle. ◦ Partner with Developers, DBAs, Enterprise Architects, Shared Services teams, Performance Engineers and Product Managers to develop robust performance testing strategies ◦ Responsible for performance bottleneck isolation from the Load Balancer to the web application to database to middleware to B2B partner systems using smart monitoring tool - Dynatrace ◦ Responsible for identifying performance tuning opportunities by reviewing code written by other developers, configuration files, SQL queries and make recommendations to other developers in the team ◦ Create and implement a performance test methodologies, processes using JMeter and Load Runner ◦ Work closely with developers and architects in resolving complex software performance issues/ defects ◦ Present test results and recommendations to project teams and Business / IT leaders ◦ Participate and provide input in system analysis, design walk through and Code reviews ◦ Automate test data setup for performance testing and repeat ability of the test ◦ Generate periodic test reports showing performance test results comparing to the target performance goals ◦ Comply with standards of the software development life cycle and agile processes ◦ Meet or exceed all defined target test goals and milestone dates for the project in order to ensure its overall success ◦ Explore new tools and utilities to automate performance testing, results analysis and debugging process
- Performance Engineer at American Tire Distributors
- Performance Engineer at Wells Fargo
- Performance Engineer at Gordon Food Service
- Performance Engineer at Boon Securities
4 months at this Job
- Master's in Computer Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor's in Information Technology - Information Technology
Part of a team to process performance test requests for various types of applications including Oracle ADF, web services, HP Service Manager and WebSphere/Liberty, Pega. Responsibilities include documenting intake request for performance and non-functional requirements, scripting, test design, performance test execution, documentation, triaging and diagnosing issues and reporting to stakeholders. Automation of test process and data collection for analysis and visualization.
- PERFORMANCE ENGINEER at Anthem
- Adjunct Instructor, Computer Science at Gwinnett Technical College
- PERFORMANCE ARCHITECT, Contractor at Etax Partners
- PRINCIPAL TECHNICAL PERFORMANCE ARCHITECT at AT&T
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Computer Science - Computer Science
- Master of Applied Mathematics - Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics - Mathematics
-Sr. Virtualization (VDI) Consultant in charge of designing, implementing and supporting Virtualization (VDI) platforms. Provides consulting services for several Virtualization (VDI) platforms and tools. -Performance\Capacity Engineer in charge of implementing and supporting Performance and Capacity monitoring solutions for physical and virtual environments.
• Hardware: Dell, HP, Cisco, Nutanix.
• Sofware (OS): Microsoft Windows (Server 2012,1016,2019 , W7 , W10) , Linux.
• Hypervisors: Microsoft (Hyper-v,) , VMware (ESXi 6.x) , Citrix (XenServer) , AWS (EC2).
• Virtualization Management Tools: VMware (VCenter, VROPS, LIM) , Microsoft (Hyper-v Manager) , Citrix (Xen Center, Studio, Director) , Nutanix (Prism), AWS (EC2 Console - Manager).
• Virtualization (VDI) Tools: VMware (Horizon View) , Citrix (XenDesktop / XenApp) , Microsoft (RDP) , AWS (EC2 Instance Manager)
• Systems Performance\Capacity Management Tools: Orion SolarWinds, Nagios, Splunk, WireShark, Manage Engine, (SNMP\WMI) Tools.
- Sr. Virtualization Performance Engineer at VWORLDTECH LLC CO
- Sr. Virtualization Engineer -VDI Citrix -(Remote) at CEI/KHS CA
- Sr. Virtualization Engineer (Remote) at WORLDPAY, GA
- Sr. Virtualization Analytics / Performance Engineer at IBM Global Services, CO
2 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
- - Computer Science
- - Computer Science
* Build, maintain, and document physical and cloud-based performance lab environments using VMWare, AWS and Azure. * Monitor performance results, as well as execute test scripts, gathering data to evaluate system integrity and troubleshoot any identified issues. * Collaborate with IT department to troubleshoot and upgrade lab infrastructure, as well as with other departments on training with virtual machine builds and documentation * Provide remote support to customers.
* Build, maintain, and document physical and cloud-based performance lab environments using VMWare, AWS and Azure.
* Monitor performance results, as well as execute test scripts, gathering data to evaluate system integrity and troubleshoot any identified issues.
* Collaborate with IT department to troubleshoot and upgrade lab infrastructure, as well as with other departments on training with virtual machine builds and documentation
* Provide remote support to customers.
- Performance Engineer at Sailpoint Technologies
- Technician, Power & Performance Optimization at Advanced Micro Devices
- Technical Support Analyst at Spansion
- Compatibility Test Technician at Advanced Micro Devices
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
• Gathered requirements from business teams and stakeholders, prepared test plans.
• Set up meetings with Product Owner, Business team, Architecture team, development team in preparing the Non-Functional Requirements for the application under test.
• Used Splunk tool queries to pull the peak hours' load volumes for the business-critical transactions to be performance tested.
• Prepare Test Plan/Strategy and share with key stake holders, product manager, business lead, & development team for Sign-Off.
• Prepare and Document performance test cases and test data setup process before start of testing.
• Develop scripts using Web (HTTP/HTML) & Web Services protocols through Load runner tool and enhance the scripts to support error/data handling.
• Evaluated Think Time & Pacing calculations in preparing the scenario designs for testing with various loads ranging from 5 TPS to 600 TPS.
• Test execution includes: Smoke Test, Capacity Test, Stress Test, Endurance Test, and HTTP Watch Test - Client-Side Page analysis.
• Execute single user test from front end to do page load analysis for test transactions using HTTP Watch Tool.
• Analyze the front-end metrics involving response times, hits, and throughput obtained from load runner tool for each executed load test.
• Analyze the tomcat server metrics - JVM Heap Usage metrics: Used Heap after Collection, %time spent in GC, Young Generation Usage, Old Generation Usage, Perm Gen Usage; Process CPU..
• Analyze the Unix Server CPU & Memory Usage at Box Level using Site Scope & VMSTAT.
• Prepare the consolidated test report for each executed load test in MS Word, MS Excel & Email format after completion of analysis.
• Track and Tabulate the defects pertaining to Key Performance Indicators not meeting the historical baselines test results/SLAs and functionalities not working as expected during manual validation after code deployment
• Support Testing in Production region to replicate the Prod issues (P1 tickets) in Test region then validate the fix and provide Sign-Off. The P1 tickets were mostly about the ones listed below: ◦ Unhealthy Heap usage - Heap memory not getting fully reclaimed after GC - fix here involved enabling of Multi-threading on JRuby Single Container that utilized the thread local storage space effectively after Invocations and GC. ◦ Connection termination with CPU reaching threshold of 85% - fix here involved Optimization of Search Java Code that avoids duplicate calls hitting the DB. Environment: Web Server, App Server (Tomcat), Java, .NET, Unix, SQL Sequel Server, DB2 database, MAUI - Mainframes, Stubs Server, Load Balancer, IBM Support Assistant 4.1, Splunk, , Load Runner - 12.50 & 12.53, Quality Center 11, Dynatrace Ajax Client, Visual VM, Graphite.
- Performance Engineer at HCL America / Southwest Airlines, Texas
- Performance Engineer at Bank of West - CA
- Performance Engineer at CH2M, CO
- Performance Engineer at Novell Software Development
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- - business
- - databases