I have held multiple positions for Wal-Mart. Those positions are sales associate, cashier, and Department Manager before promoting to Personnel Manager that I still currently hold. As Department Manager I managed a high volume consumable department. My duties consisted of ordering, setting modulars , price changes , inventory process and evaluations. As Personnel Manager my duties consist of multitude duties such as hiring , training, all Federal compliance such as OSHA ,customer service , Engagement surveys , reports , benefits and creating schedules .
- Personnel Manager at Walmart
- Front Desk Clerk at DHS
19 years at this Job
- High school
As a personnel Manager I oversee a department of 18 associates. The main focus of my job is to make sure my associates process vendor orders from our facility. I have the great opportunity to create a more efficient safe process as manager in my department. I have implemented new procedures in our department that have doubled to productivity since i took over this position.
- Personnel Manager at Amazon Fulfillment Associates
- Service Manager at Auto Sports and Imports
- Service Advisor at Honda of Kenosha
- Service Adviser at Pauly Honda
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Some college
As the Personnel Manager of Wal-Mart, my primary job is to ensure the success of employees by pre-screening for interviews and scheduling follow-up training upon hiring. I also manage hours, benefits, absences, and time-off requests for roughly 200 staff members. I work alongside all levels of Management and facilitate between the Wal-Mart Market Office and Fredericksburg store. My most significant accomplishment is lowering the turnover rate to maintain the most dedicated and productive employees.
- Personnel Manager at Wal-Mart
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
- High school
• responsible for maintaining personnel files, scheduling interviews, orientation for new hires,, payroll, scheduling, store events, grant programs, benefits enrollment
• train all new personnel manager in our district
• maintain all invoices for merchandise that comes to store
• file claims for missing merchandise from deliveries and verify markdowns
• train associates on all new programs
• travel to other stores teaching, training, and helping prepare for inventories
• responsible for all community programs and fundraising
• responsible for supervising associates, customer service, and loss prevention
• reviewing video footage
• verifying store deposits and releasing deposits to Armored car
• responsible for opening and/or closing the store and setting all alarms.
- Personnel Manager at WALMART
32 years at this Job
• Recruit and staff vessels using HRIS system Kenexa Brassring, assist with recruiting at job fairs, conduct new hire orientations, and process terminations/resignations
• Conducted confidential employee investigations, administered progressive counseling, mediated conflicts, and manage employee performance issues
• Served as a HR resource and sounding board for upper management while also assisting employees on a day-to-day basis.
• Managed employee's leaves of absence to include FMLA and Disability
• Transitioned employee personnel and medical files from paper to electronic
• Process payroll
• Book and coordinate travel for over three hundred employees
• Provided secretarial support to the Territory Operations Manager and Vessel Manager
- Personnel Manager at Archer Daniels Midland
- Commercial Marketing Coordinator at Cambridge Wilson & Co
- Manager at Ronzio Lemay Corporation
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Sociology
Recruitment and hiring of all motor personnel ✓ Scheduling of 250 vessel personnel ✓ Maintaining vessel personnel files and documentation ✓ Responsible for processing accurate payroll data for vessel personnel ✓ Assist Personnel Manager in all aspects of personnel responsibilities ✓ Schedule merchant mariners maritime training ✓ Responsible for seaman merchant marina service letters ✓ Track and schedule all mariners training and expiration of their merchant mariners licenses and documents ✓ Process invoices for motor vessels and mariners
- Assistant Personnel Manager at Ergon/Magnolia Marine Transport, Vicksburg
- Compliance/ Safety & Environmental Assistant (40 h/p/w) at Ergon/Magnolia Marine Transport, Vicksburg
- Plant Accountant - HR Administrator at Hancor, Inc
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- High school
Managed 257 Officers careers in the Alaska Army National Guard. Advised leadership on officer developments and information, Prepared and submitted officer promotion packets to National Guard Bureau (NGB), Managed the budget for the G1 office approximately 575K per year, Prepared for and conducted officer selection boards quarterly, Prepared for and conducted weekly staff meetings with HQs personnel, Wrote G1 personnel policies and procedures, Trained staff and units on officer procedures, Provided information to National Guard Bureau (NGB) on officer status for promotions and assignments, Responsible for training personnel on new personnel and finance systems within the Alaska National Guard, Assisted in manpower studies for the National Guard at NGB, Managed the Defense Travel System (DTS) for G1 personnel, Developed G1 officer career progression worksheet for future assignments, Assisted the enlisted personnel manager (EPM) on enlisted Soldier policies, Coordinated officer development tours with NGB, Coordinated required training for Soldiers with G3, Maintained and managed all office correspondence, Verified officers were in compliance with all US Army requirements, Directly supervised six personnel.
- Officer Personnel Manager at U.S. Army Active Guard Reserve
- (AGR) Manager at U.S. Army Active Guard Reserve
- Fort Greely Garrison Budget Officer at U.S. Army Active Guard Reserve
- GMD BN S1 at S1 Battalion
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associates Business - 89 credits in General Studies
The Personnel Manager position plays an essential role in the daily functioning of the Student Rec Center.
• Serve as a liaison between the student staff and the professional administrative staff
• Assist with Hiring/Training/Evaluation of student staff
• Serve as a customer service representative
• Contribute to Monthly Report
• Help maintain documents such as past employee folders and manager meeting minutes
• Work in conjunction with the graduate assistant and other managers
- Personnel Manager at Prairie View A&M University Rec Sports
- Facilities Manager at Prairie View A&M University Rec Sports
- Marketing Intern at CARBO Ceramics
- Summer Camp Counselor at Prairie View A&M University Rec Sports
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Marketing
• Developed and briefed analytical assessments to Supervisors on current status of Personnel and future objectives.
• Planned, supervised and led training for an Information Collection Department of 37 Service Members. Coordinated all relevant training and ensured all Service Members were operationally prepared.
• Maintenance Manager for over 18 individual pieces of military equipment, improved maintenance capabilities by 55%.
• Knowledge Manager for the Organizations Intelligence Section. Provided timely and accurate Intelligence products to disseminate to U.S. Commanders.
• Maintained full accountability of all sensitive equipment and property valued at $3.5 million dollars.
• Manager in Charge of the Units Intelligence Support Element throughout five major training exercises. Served as the conduit between higher and lower echelons.
- Personnel Manager at US ARMY
- Organization Intelligence Officer at US ARMY
- Forklift Operator at EATON
- Sales Associate at THE HOME DEPOT
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- B.A. - Economics
• Supervised 32 personnel in daily operations, including professional development, evaluation and discipline-efforts led to a 30% increase in productivity, and 4 individual promotions.
• Maintained all data systems, tracking all employee-training records, individual training schedules, supply and asset reports to ensure no erroneous reports were submitted to senior leadership.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in a diverse work environment by writing personnel evaluation reports; provided recommendations on improving work performance.
• Helped defuse conflicts in a work environment with regard to everyone's well being-resulted in a safe work atmosphere. Operations Manager
• Planned and Coordinated training workshops and meetings with various foreign senior level government officials in preparation for a 10 personnel business trip.
• Implemented policies by writing daily reports and provided guidance to five lower level managers in relation to work performance and expectations of personnel on a monthly basis
• Developed mobilization plans and training events to certify proficiency of job skills of over 25 personnel that exceeded senior level management expectations.
• Managed company budget of $30,000 by successfully forecasting quarterly and annual expenses, resulting in approved training plan for the fiscal year. Team Lead
• Liaised between U.S. Embassy officials, senior foreign government officials and Non-profit organizations to ensure all collaborative projects were on schedule and within budget.
• Identified ways to mitigate risks to personnel by working closely with the Embassy Regional Security Officer.
• Built strong collaborative productive teams that participated in team meetings and decisions that led to successful project completions.
- Personnel Manager at US Army
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Liberal Arts
- Certificate - Leadership and Management
- Certificate - Business Management and Administration