• Responsible for a variety of clerical tasks, which includes but not limited to initiating criminal history background investigations using SF 85, SF 85P and e QIP for persons assigned to Center Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
• Receives and reviews police reports, verifies data on reports, and obtains data for maintenance of files, completing initial and re-verification background check requirements for over 300 HHS contractors.
• Coordinates pre-employment screening and suitability related activities with the CMS.
• Complete case management and case documentation requirements on a daily basis, using e QIP, Security Manager and Excel.
• Review questionnaire denial recommendations from eQIP and re-initiate each case providing feedback to the applicant. Create and submit initial emails in accordance with CMS regulatory guidance.
• Participated in the credentialing team to maintain records for Enrollment, Issuance, and Lenel access of PIV HSPD-12 access cards to controlled areas. Provide solutions to personnel that were having access complications by updating PIV certificates or card replacement. Process special badge request for select personnel.
• Facilitate fingerprint appointments for new and existing employees/contractors.
• Notified management officials when pertinent suitability information appeared in investigative reports.
• Gathered data for use by others in making security level determinations and/or security information access requirements for sensitive and non-sensitive positions.
• Performed preliminary analysis of security-related problem areas or situations identified through inspections, and developed recommendations for appropriate controls.
• Assisted the Credentialing Department in the dissemination of HSPD-12 PIVS for all CMS contractors.
• Analyzed physical security situations with variations in level of security Operations (COOP) procedures, e.g., plans for reducing or mitigating disruptions to operations, plans for protecting essential capabilities of systems, equipment, records, etc.
• Assured suitability for employment or retention of employees in sensitive positions. Determined when appropriate investigations were required; reviewed paperwork; conducted personnel security interviews; and forwarded investigation to proper authority.
• Reviewed SF-85 and other pertinent security documentation relating to the adjudication process.
• Designed and conducted new employee orientations and security briefings. Ensured that new CMS personnel are properly in-processed and out- processed in compliance with the security requirements.
• Responsible for reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications. Provide historical references by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems. Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics. Personnel Security Specialist
- Personnel Security Specialist at Augmentation Inc
- Create Special Assistant United States Attorney (SAUSA) at ARMADA Ltd
- Paralegal/Security Assistant III at GAPSI Solution Corporation
- Senior Analyst and Admin Lead at Arrow Point Corporation
11 months at this Job
INDIAN HEALTH SERVICE OCTOBER 2017 TO PRESENT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ANNUAL SALARY: $55,658 40 HOURS PER WEEK
SERIES 0080 PAYPLAN GS GRADE 9 STEP 4
(THIS IS A FEDERAL JOB)
Indian Health Service 522 Minnesota Ave NW, Bemidji, MN 56601 United States
Supervisor -Richard Gerry Jr., Executive Officer, Acting Area Director (218) 444-0453
PERSONNEL SECURITY SPECIALIST
• Initiate the pre-clearance process for new investigations or re-investigations, complete pre-clearance questionnaire by interviewing applicants. Provide clear instructions and assistance to applicants on how to complete the background investigation process.
• Prepare and submit fingerprint charts to investigating agency. Re-transmit fingerprint charts as requested for charts designated as unclassifiable.
• Review background check forms submitted for completeness and accuracy or technical review of investigative documents, i.e. OF306, Child Care Addendum, State Background History Forms, Fingerprint cards, State and OPM Release of Information forms, court or arrest documents.
• Initiate and review clearance information using eQIP(Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
• Track and follow up on cases, ensuring timely completion
• Review current background investigation cases for security clearance and/or suitability for employment on a daily basis. Ensure timely follow - up with investigated subjects.
• Maintain manual and electronic record personnel security records, ensure sensitive security information is not compromised and comply with agency regulations.
• Prepare and submit documents as requested by the Office of Personnel Management to assist in the investigation process in a timely manner, i.e. state background check forms, fingerprint charts, investigative forms and documents.
• Ensure all forms and investigative documents are uploaded to the Bemidji Area Personnel Security Share Point for use by the Personnel Security Specialist, and Human Resources staff.
• Provide technical assistance to applicants and staff who are completing the background investigation process utilizing the electronic questionnaire for investigation processing.
• Communicate with, applicants, Personnel Security Specialist, Human Resources staff, OPM staff with the background process through electronic mail, telephone or in person on a daily basis.
• Maintain and perform high-level customer service to internal and external customers.
• Utilize Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP), Central Verification System (CVS/PIPS) and the Office of Personnel Management Position Designation tool in performing the background investigation process for submission of background investigation cases, verification of previous/current investigations, fingerprint status, and determining the type of investigation required for a position.
• Assist Senior Personnel Security Specialists, Division of Personnel Security & Ethics, Indian Health Service Headquarters with developing forms and reviewing policy regarding personnel security.
• Review and maintained knowledge of past and current personnel security policies and procedures.
- PERSONNEL SECURITY SPECIALIST at Indian Health Service
- SECRETARY at Indian Health Service
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT at Indian Health Service
- SOCIAL SERVICES CASE AIDE at WHITE EARTH RESERVATION
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Business
Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Departments:
Background Operations Security Section (BOSS)
Security Division (SecD) Personnel Security Specialist (PSS) 2/2019 - Present
Personnel Security Assistant (PSA) 3/2018 – 2/2019
Periodic Reinvestigation Unit (7/2018 - Present)
Background Intake Unit (3/2018 - 7/2018) Tasks:
• Receives and reviews security clearance packages.
• Ensures that the packages are complete.
• Informs contacts for missing information.
• Sets leads as necessary to conduct required checks which are entered into a case tracking system.
• Serves as the primary point of contact regarding the status of pending clearances or questions concerning pending investigations.
• Forwards clearance determinations to appropriate offices.
• Prepares official documentation concerning clearance granting or denial.
• Maintains appropriate files to document actions taken and decisions on clearance requests. Systems Used:
• Defense Manpower Data Center; The Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII).
• Defense Personnel Records Information Retrieval System (DPRIS).
• LexisNexis Accurint.
• The National Crime Information Center (NCIC). Training Received: The Treasury Enforcement Communications System (TECS). Clearance Level: Top Secret.
- Personnel Security Specialist at GEM Technology
- OPM Background Investigator Level I at CACI International, Inc
- at CACI International, Inc
- General Clerk at CACI International, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Technology-Electronics
COR 2 - certified Food and Drug Administration 10903 New Hampshire Ave Silver Spring, MD 01/2017 to Present Personnel Security Specialist GS-9 step 3 Utilizes to the fullest and masters all current and future personnel security program tools, forms and files including: OPM Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (E-QIP), OPM Personnel Investigations Processing System (PIPS), SF 86 (Questionnaire for National Security Positions), OF306 (Declaration of Federal Employment), OPM Secure Web Portal, OPM Clearance Verification System (CVS), National, Microsoft Office Suite (Access Database, Excel, Word, Outlook), Internet research tools, Adobe and the ability to scan and edit scanned images and documents. Determines suitability/ eligibility of individuals for entry and/or access to non- sensitive, sensitive, classified and non-classified positions and materials. Also, grants, revoke, suspend or restrict access information and clearances Makes recommendations concerning responses to appeal process and interviews subject for clarification to resolve issues/derogatory information developed during in the investigation Applies and Establishes personnel security policies, procedures, techniques and systems to determine whether applicants, contractors, and current employees should be hired/retained. Technical Review, Analyzing and Evaluate reports/forms of investigations and research. Collaterals information to determine if persons considered for or employed in sensitive positions meet federal suitability and security standards. Performs in-depth analysis and evaluation of Personnel Security Investigation, security files and other information containing serious derogatory or extremely sensitive information impacting on initial or continuing clearance and access eligibility. Evaluates and analyzes all available information and fingerprints determine its authenticity and pertinence. Maintains a continuous liaison with counterparts, appropriate officials
- Personnel Security Specialist GS-11 at Top Secret Clearance - Adjudicated
- Special Agent GS at OFFICE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- Associate Investigator at USIS
- Project Manager at Jackson Associates
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - education
- Some college
LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CONTRACTOR INVESTIGATIONS UNIT (LECIU)
• Initiate background investigations for Top Secret and Secret clearances and prepare for adjudication.
• Review and analyze requests to determine what appropriate investigations are needed concerning security clearances, requirements, violations and assessments, and ensuring no disqualifying factors exist.
• Analyze documentation with regard to the individual's conduct, associations and finances which could impact the approval of continuance of a security clearance or access to FBI computers and space.
• Coordinate special events and prepare event materials, such as flyers or invitations and maintain scheduling and event calendars.
• Makes informal adjudicative recommendations as to whether or not the candidate will be granted or denied a security clearance and/or access to FBI facilities.
• Ensure no disqualifying factors exist, and appropriate investigative leads are set.
• Review, analyze and evaluate investigative reports received to ensure a thorough and complete investigation has been conducted and in compliance with Bureau established rules and regulations.
• Notate any areas/issues of concern not covered by existing policy or procedures and make recommendations for establishment of applicable guidelines.
• Serves as Acting Supervisory Personnel Security Specialist in their absence.
• Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensuring that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
• Manage projects and scan documents and images.
• Provide organization assistance and good customer service by responding to phone calls and emails promptly.
• Provide on the job training for new employees, retired Special Agents, and Federal Contractors on initiation of Task Force Officers, Department of Justice applicants, and FBI Investigators.
- PERSONNEL SECURITY SPECIALIST at FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI)
- PERSONNEL SECURITY SPECIALIST at FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI)
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Dorm
Government Contractor/ Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Hours Per Week: 40+ Personnel Security: As a Government Contractor, and Personnel Security Specialist within the Office of Security & Safety Division, my primary duties involve supporting personnel security operations of 1700+ federal government, and contract employees. I evaluate and review the report of investigations, initiate, process and submit background investigations for suitability, and apply adjudicative guidelines for the purpose of final eligibility determination consistent with OPM's guidelines. On a more granular level, my daily job tasks involve the following: * Process Political Appointees for background investigations via the Whitehouse and serve as the agency's liaison. * Process preliminary background checks for new hires, contractors and visitors utilizing the Thomas Reuters Clear database. * Utilize the security portal E-QIP to invite new hires, and incumbent personnel staff via email to complete the questionnaire Standard Forms SF-85, SF-85P, SF-86. * Review requests completed by new hires, and incumbent personnel staff in E-QIP for errors, and omissions. * Determine whether new hires, transfers, and or staff personnel requiring a background investigation can be granted reciprocity of a completed investigation from another agency. * Supervise the work of other government contractors, and train them on procedures and offer guidance on daily work tasks. * Knowledgeable and utilize the following security databases: PERSEC Databases Web FPPS, E-QIP, CVS, PIPS and US Access Badging System. * Prepare written summaries of derogatory information contained in investigation reports for review and mitigate any concerns. * Review background investigations, and I recommend adjudication actions as it pertains to complex background investigations for suitability/fitness according to Suitability Factors 5 CFR 731.202 (b) and (c). * Communicate with the OPM liaison, and review information within the NP2 secure portal to correct, or mitigate any discrepancies regarding new hires/transfers, or personal staff regarding their investigations. * Provide guidance on personnel security polices, and human resource management directives to employees. * Assisted in the implementation and guidance of an agency-wide personnel security program which operates in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and executive orders. * Process Visitor Access Request (VAR) for various National Security Clearance holders to attend classified meetings. * Review personnel security administrative audit and investigative reports to determine appropriate changes, or corrective action necessary. * Create and maintain excel spreadsheets to track the progress of investigations, and the reimbursable rates for contractors. * Prepare notices of proposed action, letters of interrogatory and advisory letters to resolve suitability/security concerns for further explanation of reports of investigations. * Maintain personnel background investigation data via file folders, and Web Federal Personnel/Payroll System (Web FPPS). * Consult with government supervisory officials as necessary to identify and resolve personnel security related issues. * Refresh National Security Clearances via the OPM's CVS Refresh database. * Review biometric identification for recommendation and adjudicate FBI fingerprint records for suitability and national security. * Receive and review closed investigations from OPM/NBIB * Enter adjudications into the CVS/PIPS database to record the final disposition of the OPM investigation.
- Personnel Security Specialist at Protection Strategies Inc
- Personnel Security Specialist at SecTek Security Inc
- Special Police Officer at Omniplex International Security Inc
- Relief Supervisor at MVM Inc
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- BS - Business Management
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Security Service Office (SSO)
Office of Security, Safety, and Asset Management (OSSAM)
• Senior Personal Security Specialist. Performed all functions of an Alutiiq Personnel Security Specialist. Provided the competent discharge of all functions associated with assignment at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Atlanta. Independently planned and initiated, set priorities and time managed work assignments as necessary. Participated in the formulation, development, preparation, presentation, and administration of CDC contract mission-objectives, policies, programs, plans, and projects specific to primary function. Professionally utilized resources to support project objectives. Adhered to established policies and guidance. Recommend adjustments to existing protocols in order to meet new and updated customer initiated policies and standards. Provided leadership entities input in sourcing selection to ensure program objectives were achieved. Developed and executed strategies to address areas of concern or potential gaps that could impact my productivity.
- Federal Contractor / Personnel Security Specialist at Alutiiq LLC
- Federal Contractor at Apex Systems LLC
- Webinar Designer / Facilitator at NEOS Inc
- Director at A Good Deal Marketplace LLC
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.A. - Government and Politics
Washington, DC July 2016 - Present
• Execute special project Turnkey for Hurricane Harvey/Hurricane Maria/ Hurricane Irma involving deployment to site location; interview and process 2,400 or more applicants for disaster relief efforts; collaborate with regional and headquarter offices to achieve department goals. Provide recommendations to management regarding process of the disaster effort and how to streamline in the future.
• Analyze and interpret guidance documents Homeland Security Presidential Directive-12 regulation, apply appropriate findings to cases, evaluate prior case decisions by senior officials and submit recommendations to resolve complex cases for various teams.
• Initiate case investigation, make entry on duty determinations for disaster contract employees, mailed out entry on duty pre-appointment packages to disaster contract employees; Conduct FBI fingerprint check, CVS/PIPS investigation check, and Credit check for disaster contract employee cases; estimated completion of entry on duty determination cases 800 or more.
• Deploy to disaster areas to set up effective operations for disaster relief; act as a liaison between site coordinators and HQ to develop short term and long term plans, and submit recommendations to streamline future operations and projects.
• Adjudicate pre-appointment, MBI, BI, Tier 2S, Tier 2RS, PRI investigation; make final determination and recommendations for appropriate security clearance in accordance with 5-CFR 731 for Public Trust positions.
• Communicate with federal and contract applicants to resolve discrepancies in personnel background information, prepare correspondence for eligibility, interrogatory or denial security clearance notifications, case summaries and etc.
• Review and analyze security documents to identify derogatory and non-derogatory information, evaluate the impact of the information submitted; grant, deny, or revoke security clearances and federal employment eligibility.
• Edit and proof read memoranda prior to final approval from leadership; draft correspondence create and monitor workflows to ensure procedures and guidelines are being executed in a timely manner.
• Utilize Integrated Security Management Database to process PFT, Employee-CORE, Employee-Reservist, and contractor positions using the ISMS Database.
- Personnel Security Specialist at Department of Homeland Security
- Intake Specialist at Parker Tide/U.S. Department of Justice
- Security Specialist at The Coleman Group/U.S. Census Bureau
- Personnel Security Administrative Assistant at Nucor Vision/U.S. Department of Education
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
- - Information Security
As a Personnel Security Specialist, we support ASO's Office of Security/Personnel Security by performing the tasks required to successfully generate, evaluate and make recommendations on case files in support of the investigation of an applicant's suitability for employment with the Federal Trade Commission. Initiating background investigations for non-sensitive, public trust, and national security positions. Preparing National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) packages for submission to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). Reviewing investigative documents (such as employment applications, investigative questionnaires, affidavits, credit and police reports, etc.) to identify discrepancies, inconsistencies, and areas potentially requiring clarification or additional investigation. Verifying education achievements, evaluating name check and fingerprint rap sheets. Performing related processing task and making recommendations regarding an applicant's suitability for employment with the Federal Trade Commission. Preparing summary reports of case findings. Generating, evaluating, and making recommendations on each assigned case file in support of the investigation of an applicant's suitability for employment with the Federal Trade Commission. Provide customers e-QIP assistance and training. Complete background investigation inquiries. Complete suitability reciprocity checks. Facilitate new employee onboarding. Liaison between FTC Personnel Security Unit and the FTC Human Capital Management Office. Assist the federal adjudicator with adjudications of all background investigations for non-sensitive, public trust, and national security. Assist with personnel security processing to include position designation, retention of records, background investigation requests, and budgeting. Process HSPD -12/ Personal Identification Verification (PIV) badges as a sponsor, issuer or registrar. Follow up with customers for additional information. Review paperwork for FTC interns and request additional information as needed. Summarize issues and recommends action on security paperwork for Federal and/or Contractors applicants and/or appointees. Review and upload all e-QIP forms prior to second level review. Receive mail and sort packages open envelopes and packages and stamp with the date received. In addition, assist with the preparation of files for archiving/archival. Enter Data for the OPM schedule notice and case closing transmittal in the FTC security tracking system.
- Personnel Security Specialist at MYB INC
- Department of Justice Executive Office at Armada LTD
- Jr. Security Specialist at Centerra Group
- Student Intern at Upper Marlboro Court House
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Criminal Justice
- High School Diploma
Serves as the senior personnel security technical expert advising the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA), an organization with a significant role in support of activities devoted to foreign military sales. Informs leadership and staff on new developments and advances in the personnel security field to include background investigation standards, adjudicative guidelines, policies and procedures and emerging technologies. Provides subject matter expert interpretation of personnel security manuals, directives, instructions, Executive Orders and policies and evaluates the impact of such guidance on the organization’s mission. Formulates and issues personnel security standards for the agency. Advises on procedures for addressing adverse information, revocations, denials, appeals processes, re-investigations and overall employee due process rights as it relates to staff security clearances. Identifies, researches, and develops workable solutions to complex personnel security policy challenges, considers the most viable options, and implements acceptable policy decisions that directly impacts agency personnel. Participates in planning, organizing, and directing studies and assessments associated with streamlining daily security related actions. Coordinate position sensitivity activities with the agency’s Human Resources function, ensuring appropriate level of background investigations based on position descriptions. Maximizes positive interactions with customers and other organizations within the security field. Implements process improvements and makes recommendations based upon knowledge and experience as a personnel security specialist. Stays abreast of innovations in personnel security systems, as well as on security transformation efforts underway elsewhere in government. Offers recommendations that directly influence DSCA personnel security policy. Not only responsible for the management of personnel security for DSCA Headquarters, provides guidance and oversight of personnel security activities at DSCA’s geographically dispersed locations such as Hawaii, Germany, and Asia. Plans, develops, and promulgates personnel security-related policies for DSCA and the field activities. Policies and guidance are developed and effectively implemented using memorandums, internal directives, e-mails, newsletters, information papers, pamphlets, and other forms of correspondence. Researches, tracks, and keeps up-to-date on general government security information. Determines their application to DSCA and issues clarification guidance when needed. Ensures all DSCA personnel security policies are appropriate and is directly involved in overseeing implementation of these policies. Inspects and reviews personnel security programs to ensure compliance with Department of Defense security directives. Participates in inspections required by external stakeholders and documents any corrective actions. Develops and executes collateral and SCI personnel security annual training programs, delivering the briefings to DSCA personnel to help ensure awareness and compliance. Serves as the primary DSCA liaison with the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Policy (OSD/P), Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), Washington Headquarters Services (WHS), Defense Security Services (DSS), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Defense Logistics Agency Intelligence (DLA/I) and Air Force Office of Security Investigations (AFOSI) on all personnel security, insider threat and counterintelligence matters or concerns.
- Personnel Security Specialist at Defense Security Cooperation Agency
- Security Manager at Department of Navy - Office of Civilian Human Resources
- Security Specialist (Associate Chief Security Officer) at Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Security Manager at Defense Security Cooperation Agency
4 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration
- BSBA - Business Administration