- Pharmacy Buyer at BELTON HOSPITAL
- Pharmacy Technician IV at AdventHealth
at this Job
- Associate - early childhood education
Assist the Pharmacist on duty. Run the fill list. Restock the Care Fusion. Order. Do outdates and Inventory. Be the buyer and order Meds. and Supplies from Mcckesson. Calculate the cost and keep the cost down. Check Recall Meds. Deliver the fill to Automation machines. load/unload and move Inventory around if stock is low or out. Put supplies away that I ordered from Mckesson. Run package machine for pills that don't come unit dose or too expensive. Run Reports on Care Fusion machines.
- Pharmacy Technician at Pharmacy Buyer/Pharmacy Tech
- Pharmacy Technician at Prepare Cvor Trays for O.R Department
- Pharmacy Technician at Scottsdale Healthcare
- Pharmacy Technician at Phoenix Childern's Hospital
10 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Resolved problems encountered in order, delivery, and receipt or invoicing
• Return/coordinates return and credit where possible
• Developed good relationships with vendors
• Process all invoicing for accounts payable
• Attended in monthly financial meetings
• Managed all pharmacy software updates
• Ran all pharmacy cycle fill reports and billing for third party's
• Conducted joint commission readiness within our department.
• Inspected medication carts for nursing facilities for state inspection preparation.
- Pharmacy Buyer at St. Clair Hospital
- at St. Clair Hospital-pharmacy
- at St. Clair Hospital
16 years at this Job
* Purchase medications utilizing McKesson and supplies from approved vendors for day to day running of the hospital pharmacy. Adhere to GPO/Vizient Mountain States purchasing contracts. Purchase specialty medications for Radiology, Wound Care and Cardiac Cath Lab. Submit orders for the Cheyenne Practice Clinics. Assist with chemotherapy medication and supply purchasing for the Cheyenne Regional Cancer Center when necessary. Order non-formulary medications and track frequency of medication ordered along with Physician, Pharmacist, reason for specific medication and cost. * Maintain facility medication supply under fiscal budget 2018 by over $600,000. Track Monthly spending and work to maintain within monthly and annual budget. Code and track all purchasing invoices for Director of Pharmacy to approve and submit to finance for payment of services and medications. Investigate cost savings involving supplies as well as medications that can be purchased at a lower cost and improve budgetary savings. * Meet with vendors to discuss upcoming medication shortages, innovations and new medications. Communicate to Director of Pharmacy new information gleaned from vendors. * Member of Drug Shortage Committee involving weekly meetings for problem solving drug shortages and developing a plan to conserve medication or develop an alternate plan of care. Continuously communicate with secondary vendors about medication needs unable to purchase through our wholesaler and acquire medications to keep the facility running. Forecast medications and supplies needed during a delay in production and purchase appropriate products to continue high quality patient care to our customers. Secure allocations of intravenous fluids, narcotics and life saving medication for the facility through the largest drug shortage to date. * Submit End of Month Interdepartmental Billing to finance after all transactions have been uploaded to McKesson. Utilize Omnicell reporting to effectively charge units for compounded medications that have expired on their units. Submit charges for ancillary departments needing additional medications and floor stock medications throughout the month. * Organize and distribute Flu Vaccine to the Hospital and Cheyenne Practice Clinics. Log received inventory and catalog lot and expiration into a Flu Spreadsheets. Order additional flu vaccine as needed for the Cheyenne Practice Clinics. Track amount ordered and delivered to the Hospital and Cheyenne Practice Clinics for accurate end of month billing. Analyze past season usage and approximate amounts needed for next season. Order 2018-2019 Flu vaccine and maintain within contracted vendors and amounts needed Hospital and Cheyenne Practice Clinics wide. * CII-CV ordering and maintaining accurate and appropriate inventory of narcotics. CSOS finalizing paperwork with both wholesaler and approved vendors. * Attend Bi-monthly Pharmacy and Therapeutic meeting to discuss medications to be removed or added to the Formulary. Tasked by the Clinical Pharmacist with medication review before meetings to analyze purchase history of medications to be removed or added. Include medication trends of Non-Formulary medications ordered by Physicians. Adjust medications, after approval, in SwissLog inventory system to match decisions made at Pharmacy and Therapeutic meetings. * Adhere to Track and Trace policy when medications are needed or requested from other facilities. Train employees to compete forms accurately and ensure they are receiving appropriate paperwork when borrowing medications. Submit completed paperwork of borrowed medications to finance and the end of the month along with Interdepartmental Billing. * Receive recall notices from Primary and Secondary vendors. Examine OmniCell, SwissLog and Track and Trace records to investigate and confirm there is no product in our records for dispensing. In the event of product on hand it is pulled back and sequestered for return according to the recall notice. * Organized and coordinated annual inventory. Populated records and information needed for the inventory team. At hand for any questions or additional information from the inventory team in the absence of the Pharmacy Director. * Super user for SwissLog. Implement and train new staff on SwissLog inventory system. Assist technicians with Go Live for an efficient transition to the new system. Tasked with building medications from open shelves into SwissLog inventory system as well as adjust par levels to maintain consistent and appropriate stock of medications. SwissLog contributed to maintaining accountability of stocked medications which led to tighter control of the stock on hand. Tighter control of stock on hand led to maintaining monthly budgets and the annual budgetary commitment. Regularly run reports to confirm all medications are crossing over to McKesson correctly and investigate any medications not crossing over. * Validate barcodes in Epic. Send scan details to Epic-Willow with necessary information for medications not recognized in system. Add medications to Omnicell and confirm medications will scan on the units. * Manage Epic work queue for Abilify Program. Track Abilify Prog7ram syringes used and order directly from sales representative and maintain appropriate amount on hand. * Assist with Technician duties as needed. Pull medications for refills and prep in Epic for Pharmacist check. Restock medications from over-stock area into Swisslog. Answer telephone calls from nursing staff.
- Pharmacy Buyer at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- Registered Pharmacy Technician at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- Registered Pharmacy Technician at Morton Plant Hospital
- Registered Pharmacy Technician at AHF Pharmacy
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science in Criminal Justice - Human Pathology and Forensic Chemistry
• Maintain and ensure timely and accurate invoicing for all drug and supply accounts, Borrow and Loan reconciliation, Pharmaceutical returns and Credits, DSCSA Track and Trace
• Inventory Management of Drugs, IV Solutions and Supplies, while complying with budget limitations and GPO compliance
• End Of Month Interdepartmental Billing and Transfers
• Verify availability and pricing of items ordered, comply with formulary purchasing controls
• Communicate medication shortages in real time to clinical team
• Responsible for daily purchasing for the department, while complying with budget limitations and achieving a maximum inventory turnover rate, maintenance of medication recall database
• Attends scheduled meetings with management and Drug Representatives; provided solutions and valuable feedback
• Oversees pharmacy budgeting via monthly financial reports and analyzing trends
• Consistently exceeded expectations on annual reviews
• Efficiently controlled drug shortages inventory resulting in no surgical procedures cancelations
- Pharmacy Buyer at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center
- Pharmacy Technician at Houston Northwest Medical Center
- Pharmacy Technician at Kingwood Medical Center
21 years, 8 months at this Job
- High school
• Purchased all pharmaceutical supplies for Inpatient pharmacy and off sites
• Kept up to date with all recalled drugs through RASMAS
• Assisted the hospital to remain 340b compliant
• Utilized Macro Helix splitting software.
• Worked closely with wholesalers and pharmaceutical suppliers regarding supply issues
• Exhibited strategic leadership and foresight in procuring medication in short supply
- Pharmacy Buyer at INOVA FAIRFAX MEDICAL CAMPUS
- Lead Certified Pharmacy Technician at HARRIS TEETER PHARMACY
- Student Caller at GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY
- GEORGE MASON at UNIVERSITY DEPT. CEIE
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health - Global Community Health
Pharmacy Buyer * Orders and maintains inventory of supplies and services for pharmacy department. * Researches products, prices, and maintains a high level of contract compliance by reviewing catalogs for product information and potential substitutes. * Review group contracts for optimal utilization, analyzing contract difference between groups and/or hospital. * Provide recommendations to evaluate products on group contracts based on pricing and quality * Review backorder reports daily, follow ups on backorders with sales and customer representatives, communicate backorder status with department and locate substitute items for long term backorder problems. * Coordinates return goods by obtaining appropriate information about the return from the department, contacting company for authorization, negotiating no restocking fees with vendor, noting return information in computer for accounting and receiving. Pharmacy Barcoding Specialist * Run and review reports to utilize as a resource to update systems accurately. * Current on pharmacy trends, updating system to reflect new NDCs when needed. * Ensure accurate barcodes are integrated into Pharmacy systems (Epic, Talyst, Pyxis). * Track and trace all incoming drugs from the manufacturer, wholesaler, and distributors. * Responsible for hospital compliance of the Drug Supply Chain Security Act through TraceLink. * Review, submit, and resolve TraceLink entries in preparation for FDA audits. * Fully understand purchasing related to cost and demand, frequently serving as the alternate Buyer. * Support pharmacy operations, addressing the impact of drug shortages related to Pharmacy systems. * Manage off-site clinics ordering/delivery medication process, serving as a liaison between Distribution Manager, Pharmacy Buyer, and Clinic Managers. * Work closely with the 340B Specialist and Pharmacy Billing Manager to resolve system update issues. * Work closely with the Pharmacy Clinical Manager, Operations Manager, and Buyer.
- Pharmacy Barcoding Specialist / Pharmacy Buyer at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Implementation Specialist at RxSafe
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Health Informatics Administration - Health Informatics Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry - Finance
• Maintain and ensure timely and accurate invoicing for all drug and supply accounts, borrow and Loan reconciliation, Pharmaceutical returns and credits, and DSCSA Track and Trace
• Validate assigned invoices and process for payments; process monthly Interdepartmental billing and transfers
• Oversees pharmacy budgeting via monthly financial reports and analyzing trends; Identify and maintain potential cost savings
• Resolves billing and statement discrepancies for the purpose of to ensuring accurate accounting; maintain a wide variety of fiscal information, files, records, and spreadsheets for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance
• Attends scheduled meetings with management and drug representatives; provided solutions and valuable feedback
• Responsible for daily purchasing for the department, while complying with budget limitations and achieving a maximum inventory turnover rate
- Pharmacy Buyer at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center
- Accounting Assistant at King Fuels Inc
- Pharmacy Technician at Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital
- Pharmacy Technician at CVS Pharmacy
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Accounting
- Associate of Arts - Business
- Bachelors of Business Administration BBA - Business Administration BBA
● Coordinate the placing of daily medication orders with pharmacy suppliers.
● Place orders and prepare purchase orders.
● Procure supplies, materials and pharmaceuticals for the pharmacy.
● Maintain adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies, procedures and protocols.
● Analyze market to determine vendor sources and product availability.
● Maintain rapport with vendors to ensure the procurement of high quality merchandise, expedient delivery, and dependable service at optimum price.
● Negotiate contractual arrangements between the organization and selected vendors.
● Verify order fulfillment, check invoices and approve them for payment.
● Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and identify appropriate corrective action.
● Rotate stock to ensure minimal waste of resources throughout the facility.
● Maintain records and provide feedback regarding expenditures to pharmacy administration.
● Maintain procurement history and inventory records and update prices.
● Work with Pyxis technicians and Application specialists on Pyxis MedStation and Pyxis Anesthesia system installations and upgrades.
● Troubleshoot and resolve many software and hardware issues involving automated medication dispensing machines.
● Work with Nurse Managers to train staff on proper use of automated medication dispensing machines.
- Senior Pharmacy Buyer at McLaren Flint
- Senior Pharmacy Buyer - CompleteRx at McLaren Flint
- Pharmacy Buyer at Doctors' Hospital of Michigan
- Pharmacy Technician at Schramm Pharmacy
8 months at this Job
• Filling and delivering of medication and narcotics to floors and Pyxis machines
• Assist the Automation Pharmacist
• Maintain Pyxis machines
• Assist on building pharmacy schedule
• Conduct inventory inspections
• Pharmacy related technician skills
• B-Braun compounder administration
• Ordering, returns and claims through ABC
• Order medications from various vendors
• Invoices, charges and accruals
- Pharmacy Lead Technician, Automation Technician at Pharmacy Buyer West Houston Medical Center
- Pharmacy Operations Manager at Maxor National Pharmacy Services
- Pharmacy Technician 4 at Baptist Health South Florida
- Senior Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens Pharmacy
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Business/Accounting
- Associates in Science
- - Emergency Medical Technician